MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#3341 Post by Maniac » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:49 am
Maniac continues to refuse to explain how he had suspicions of me, prior to my first post.

I will be voting for Maniac again tomorrow.
Jamie is, of course, entitled to a detailed explanation as to why I suspected him prior to making his first post. Indeed he is entitled to three possible explanations so he can choose which one is most likely.

(a) Because I don't think the allocation of the roles was entirely random. No human action is ever truly random. An advanced grasp of the mathematics of probability mapped onto a thorough apprehension of human psychology and the known dispositions of any given individual can reduce the number of variables considerably. I know of at least 58 techniques to refine the seemingly infinite array of randomly generated possibilities down to the smallest number of feasible variables. But they’re really difficult so I just guessed instead.

(b) Because you're so bad at this game. You're stubborn, arrogant, the complete antithesis of a team player with really poor gut instincts. If you were mechanically cleared as the most powerful PR ever created with a signed letter from the pope guaranteeing you're town and were then given a gun, a time-machine, an invisibility cloak, a invincibly shield and a magic carpet, it would still advance town's win condition to kill you at the earliest opportunity.

(c)

Joke Post

{ Jamie's }
{ Head }

It probably doesn't matter which option Jamie chooses, he'll still vote for me tomorrow if I'm still alive.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3342 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Shower Thought:

Werewolf can't be nightkilled, right? So we're assuming Vecna was killed by the mafia. Is there a world where werewolf decides to help scum? Good guess at Vecna's role (maybe he crumbed something?) and someone with a wealth of experience playing with Vecna to pick it up?

So then mafia know who the werewolf is; they can't kill it, but could they guide it to effective daykills?

Just wondering...

I want to continue spending time rereading worcej and the numerous interactions but it is TOO nice outside. It'll be an intermittent task.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3343 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Guess we know now the business between worcej and other players wasn't scum theatre.

brainbomb

#3344 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:39 pm

since being succinct is important I will now adapt to that method

town gud, scum baaaad
kills lots o scums

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3345 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:39 pm
since being succinct is important I will now adapt to that method

town gud, scum baaaad
kills lots o scums
The longest journey begins with the smallest footstep.

brainbomb

#3346 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm

me think foodcoat bad
thumps chest

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3347 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm
me think foodcoat bad
thumps chest
What makes your brainbomb tickle about foodcoats?

brainbomb

#3348 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:08 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm
me think foodcoat bad
thumps chest
What makes your brainbomb tickle about foodcoats?
(insert straight and to the point reasoning here, that even a 4 year old could understand)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3349 Post by Chaqa » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:26 pm

Brain, you’re not the werewolf, but if you were, you could guess ghug godfather. Either you chomp him or you confirm hes town

Kakarroto

#3350 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:13 pm
How did you all throw your votes onto Worcej, not Maniac or Celaph?

I'm confused.
worcej - didn't want to vote, saw him pretty towny-ish; most people saw him as possible alternative
maniac - that might've been spicey, I considered voting him, but I'm interested in what happens on D3 (flim flum); out from memory, there might've been some defense from others for that vote but I need to have a look at that again
celaph - there are some things that didn't feel good on him but his responses are ok-ish (not as much as worcej though), maybe I would've gone back on him if I wasn't in a shock freeze; I think there are still some that consider him mafia, others see him as strong town (lean)

flum's argument about the votes on D1 was the thing that made me think (and I guess my brain just overheated at that time) about the demon votes order, and that the people voting hamilton looked bad (or was that someone else? still need to reread that evening). Others said (was it rd? I think?) that people voting me looked more like mafia because demon voted me. Though we know now, at least 1/3 on hamilton was town. If yavu and/or rd are town, they know 2/3 were town at that time.

dargo and brain are pretty high town in my eyes, and damo didn't look bad (though i plan to reread until EoN, so that might change), so it looks like, demon had the choice between three 3-wagons (the third being brain with hamilton, kgray and ghug on him) while brain tried to get me. Doesn't look bad to me (well I've mixed feelings from hamilton though), so maybe there was no mafia player in these 3 wagon.

maybe the theory, that mafia actually actively voted demon out D1 is true (or at least half or more).

or ghug is godfather and planted that idea into my head *scatches head* *renews tinfoil again*

Kakarroto

#3351 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:38 pm
I am the werewolf.

and the reason I am claiming is because I really doubt I can win this anyway. My n1 I was not confident enough to go after darg due to watcher fears so I chose instead to go after celaph. I guessed something and it failed.

I cant die tonight from maf kill.

I offer town my services as a free agent town vig until you see a time worth killing me. I didnt think id be able to keep up my level of townyness very long so id rather try just being sincere.

I will now take suggestions on scum players and what roles I should guess
oh, very nice

I'm very afraid of a ghugfather, please check that out. Other choices ... well there were two people who were roleblocked, I'm leaning towards no item got out and Vecna was roleblocked since I got no gun, so one of them is lying in that case. hmm, right now, both are around equal, but if I had to choose, I'd say jamiet is a little bit less town than damo. I have no clue about the role though, so I'd say check the most powerful role mafia has. That would be ... driver, I think? But don't forget jamiet is from england and you have to change lanes!

I'm willing to let you alive quite deep into the game, last 5 or so, if you want to have fun, but I'm not amused about any betrayals, they will be met met with swift vengence (if I'm alive) (I do hope I get revenged if I'm the victim)

Kakarroto

#3352 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:40 pm
I cant disappoint folks. my audience comes to need this from me
Care to tell us what celaph wasn't?
celaph was not the watcher
why didn't you choose a normal vt, odds would've been much higher, boo, lame strategy

brainbomb

#3353 Post by brainbomb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:41 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Care to tell us what celaph wasn't?
celaph was not the watcher
why didn't you choose a normal vt, odds would've been much higher, boo, lame strategy
*growls menacingly*

Kakarroto

#3354 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:57 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:15 am
So anybody read any good books lately?

my most recent is death in yellowstone which recounts all the stories of people who have died there. very morbid story
I read Jeff Tweedy's memoir. He's kind of an asshole, but an entertaining one.

Now my dad talked me into reading Anna Karenina so I'm procrastinating on that.
Love Wilco, so I'd be down for that. Man, I've been an Uncle Tupelo fan since... before Jerry died. Altcountry and Grateful Dead. I'd be down for reading that.

Finished Sometimes A Great Notion. Greatest unheralded Great American novel. Hipped a friend to it and they recommended Brokeback Mountain. I guess Proulx is a conventional author to Kesey.

And Chekhov; a collection of lost short stories.
I'm really not sure if this person is mafia or town. Maybe I've been outbamboozled and found my master, since I think I will never be able to read that alignment correctly and need pure mechanical help.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3355 Post by Chaqa » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Kak... he isn’t the WW lol. It would be awful strategy because we’re just gonna DK him if he keeps it up

Kakarroto

#3356 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:33 am
From the Bordello QT

I crave more flesh
how can I satisfy these cravings?
Should I eat dargorygel and enjoy his blue blood
Should I devour maniac and taste his vanilla?

or should I just eat ghug, and enjoy the vegan flavor
just so you know, I'm from a family of a long history of being farmers and butchers, I wouldn't taste good ... how about a flank of a pig instead?

Kakarroto

#3357 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:06 pm
If I were a werewolf I might prefer to bite foodcoats to try to clean up the mess.

If I were a werewolf I would not bite kakarroten, aber kartofelln mit senf! Sehr schon!
potatoes with mustard? that's unusual, normally the choice is between mayo and ketchup, but make the potatoes pommes first. or how we'd say, pommes frites (sounds like pomm fritz). did you know, you can make la saucé austriche, putting ketchup, mayo and ketchup next to each other? Das ist schon schön.

Kakarroto

#3358 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:09 pm
Worcej originally listed kgray, Fluminator, darg, Chaqa, and Jamie as early scumpool members.
if that were true, that would explain a lot. I'm not sure if it's that easy.

Kakarroto

#3359 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
[...]
(b) Because you're so bad at this game. You're stubborn, arrogant, the complete antithesis of a team player with really poor gut instincts. If you were mechanically cleared as the most powerful PR ever created with a signed letter from the pope guaranteeing you're town and were then given a gun, a time-machine, an invisibility cloak, a invincibly shield and a magic carpet, it would still advance town's win condition to kill you at the earliest opportunity.
[...]
oh god oh wow, I'm dying. I'm not your opinion and think jamie has the ability to play good in this game, but the image of this ridiculous exaggeration had my lying on the floor and crying for laughter.

Kakarroto

#3360 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:33 pm
[...]
theoretically Vecna could've been hit by the werewolf and mafia could've hit werewolf (or the target was saved and didn't tell anyone for fishing mafia comments on werewolf hints), all we really know is last night one PR died.
[...]
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:27 pm
Shower Thought:

Werewolf can't be nightkilled, right? So we're assuming Vecna was killed by the mafia. Is there a world where werewolf decides to help scum? Good guess at Vecna's role (maybe he crumbed something?) and someone with a wealth of experience playing with Vecna to pick it up?

So then mafia know who the werewolf is; they can't kill it, but could they guide it to effective daykills?

Just wondering...

I want to continue spending time rereading worcej and the numerous interactions but it is TOO nice outside. It'll be an intermittent task.
first, I want royalties

second, I think you mean nightkills not daykills? the easiest way I'd see is when the werewolf chooses vt and mafia uses driver. if that is a possibility.

other than that, it depends on the individuals to communicate with the werewolf so not to out themself. or sacrifice a member (again?) to tell what mafia wants.

also, I know how you feel, I noticed before I went to sleep yesterday that humankind started another open dev, couldn't resist after i woke up to play a short while (my excuse is that it reset my readings and I can go fresh into rereading ... even though I want to try a bit more arrgh ... but no time to be lazy when I'm not good enough in this game)