MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#2761 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:07 pm
I like the defenses of Maniac and Celaph.
I'd be voting Damo out of the three, but I think we should wait one more round until we potentially get a better grip on scum roleblocking shenanigans.

##Vote Rdr

Although I think yav is still a good kill, especially if they're replacing out. (Get better soon yav)
What stands out to you in their defenses that others might be missing?

Why Rivera?

Are you using someone else's list, or your own?

foodcoats

#2762 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 pm

This is an interesting day for voting, very fun.

All three votes on rdr look... weak. Maniac, damo, Flum, care to make a proper case?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2763 Post by kgray » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:00 pm
Townread worcej, for having the actually solid idea that darg had to have read the setup and all that
Chaqa said the thing about darg reading the setup, not worcej. And I can't believe that could be enough of a reason to list someone as your top townread anyway. Very not-sharp, Bona.

Bonatogether

#2764 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:00 pm
I could also join a bona wagon.
Do it lol

Bonatogether

#2765 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Townread worcej, for having the actually solid idea that darg had to have read the setup and all that
Chaqa said the thing about darg reading the setup, not worcej. And I can't believe that could be enough of a reason to list someone as your top townread anyway. Very not-sharp, Bona.
It's not in order.

Bonatogether

#2766 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:49 pm
@Bonatogether: If I switch to Celaph will you switch to Maniac?
Why?

Bonatogether

#2767 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 pm
This is interesting analysis, Jamie. You leave out that I think there’s a solid read on scum!celaph but that’s beside the point I suppose.

The most interesting thing for me here is how Bona is acting. Bona was pretty adamant D1 about how he can read celaph. So we’d expect Bona to firm up his read in one direction or another and cite clear evidence, because celaph is his specialty. Instead, Bona isn’t evolving in reads and is just pushing more “formally,” voting celaph to pressure him or create wagon competition rather than because he scumreads him.

That is very interesting indeed.

Given how Demon linked celaph and Bona in his reads, I wonder if Bona and celaph might both be scum. It’s a bit out there because I think there are strong reasons to townread bona but bona also seems a little too methodical and cutting.
b) Wagon competition between Tv? is interesting and worthwhile because it gives a lot of VCA.

You can't copy/paste kgray's stuff and pass it off as yours dude

Bonatogether

#2768 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:22 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:58 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:59 am
Ok, I'm on page 75 and I will not make it up before EOD. So for now, I will leave a vote on ##VOTE dargorygel . Basically, I don't like what he did with the whole claim thing, a thought that will be better expressed when my posts come out.

Goodnight, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Wow, really? I thought you were available for this half of D2. Very scummy to leave us with shit all from you with 7 hours to go.
It's not scummy to have real life. This seems like someone trying to set up an easy vote later.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2769 Post by kgray » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Celaph is obviously town, since scum would *never* advise sheeping me. But really, I'm not getting scumvibes from celaph. He was so obviously scummy to me when he was scum and I'm not seeing that here. Also, @brain, I see what you're saying about him feeling like he had to bus Demon when I voted him, but I think it's also possible he just thought I was right? And being hedgy isn't scummy.
if this were true he couldve just said his rhk vote was inspired by you. and it wouldve been a very sincere way to dismiss my charge that he panic bought in that you were menacing over rhk
True, although he did say when he voted that he liked the people on Demon's wagon more, and I wasn't getting the feeling that he felt forced to do it at the time. I can't find if/when he addressed this part of your case against him.

damo666

#2770 Post by damo666 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:23 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 pm

All three votes on rdr look... weak. Maniac, damo, Flum, care to make a proper case?
I don't have a strong case against rdr (or anyone for that matter) but through a process of elimination there are only 3 people left I am willing to vote for, namely rdr, yav and Flum. Flum's willingness to vote the other 2 rules him out so we have rdr or yav. Yav is voteless and sick so rdr it is.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2771 Post by kgray » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:24 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:04 pm
to this point I dont think celaph has credited you with his reason for voting rhk at all. hes been pretty silent on the issue. even in his reads list of you where he has you as top town I dont recall him saying you inspired his rhk push
Oh, yeah you say here that he didn't address it.

@celaph, can you address this?

brainbomb

#2772 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:24 pm

town celaph would easily be able to change my mind

Bonatogether

#2773 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Can anyone comment on whether this is typical of HB? To me it looks like scum struggling to find something to say and so doing gymnastics to look active.
I'd say it's pretty typical.
wow really I would never have guessed you'd have said that

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2774 Post by kgray » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
kgray wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
It's not in order.
Top 3 then, fine. My point stands.

brainbomb

#2775 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:35 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm
its really hard for me to shut up when you keep asking me questions. I dont feel like celaph ever addressed my scumread. Maniac is making sense and at least seems to know whats going on.

im sort of in the camp that darg is scum here or fake and foodcoats has TMI of such matters so hes hardsiding with town jamie to look redeemable.
You're scum read for the most part has been an activity thing which is a rather weak argument. I think your criticism earlier about me not being solvey earlier today was a better argument and not one that I'll change by saying "yes I was solvey" when I know I had been a little lazy.
this looks like totally ignoring my accusation. to assume my scumread was volume based is a very off mischaracterization

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2776 Post by Maniac » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Weak! I'll have you know my case against Rdriveria comes with a copperbottomed guarantee that Rdr is scum.

Bonatogether

#2777 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:58 pm
Not interested in taking over this thread again, so here's where I'm at after catching up this morning:

I don't love that Maniac hasn't yet made a post that I've read and hated, because I think he's done that every time he's been town. Otherwise I don't really know what's been so scummy about him. His analysis of the kak vs Hamilton wagons was very similar to what I was thinking about them, but I don't think I get the feeling that he's just mimicking me. But really weird that he addressed Jamie claiming RB but not damo, as others mentioned.

Damo continues to fly below the radar, and I think that's pretty standard scum!damo.

I can't get over Yav's refusal to join Demon's wagon but them him scumreading Rivera for voting *with him* on Hamilton.

Bona's disappeared entirely, and so has my townread of him.

I'm absolutely convinced worcej is scum, and if you just go back and read it's very obvious how he's intentionally manipulating what I said and lying about what happened just to start stuff and distract from the fact that he has (basically) no reads. I was going to try to calmly lay out a case but I can't read through that again atm, and I doubt anyone else wants me to keep talking about it anyway. Plus it seems like his tactic of getting aggressive to get himself townread has worked, so he's not getting traction today regardless.

Brain and kak are clearly town.

Celaph is obviously town, since scum would *never* advise sheeping me. But really, I'm not getting scumvibes from celaph. He was so obviously scummy to me when he was scum and I'm not seeing that here. Also, @brain, I see what you're saying about him feeling like he had to bus Demon when I voted him, but I think it's also possible he just thought I was right? And being hedgy isn't scummy.

I really doubt Macca would stubbornly vote for darg after brain tells them darg's the cop if they're scum. I don't remember them ever really going against the grain as scum, they were generally too timid to even put reads out.
Re: me, no comment

Re: celaph, but that's exactly why scum would advise sheeping you. I would do it if I were scum simply because you think this way and it would get me to be 'obviously town.' This is not a reason to townread celaph to any degree. It is outright scummy, in my view. Also, 'he was so obviously scummy to me when he was scum' is patently false. You spent days claiming he was town (and I spent those days bashing my head into a wall because he was so obviously scum)

I disagree about Macca, since I don't think they've been around for a lot of the time.

brainbomb

#2778 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 pm

kgray — This feels like normal town kgray. She’s succinct, precise, asking the right questions. She needs to start giving herself more credit for her play. gl town and sheep kgray. :)

This doesnt even say anything about your pushes on RHK

Bonatogether

#2779 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
kgray wrote:

It's not in order.
Top 3 then, fine. My point stands.
Ok, fine. I still townread him.