MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#2721 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:22 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:17 pm

WW can't win without gambling
I was just going to say, low odds, but then again...gambling. As long as they're going after scum, keep at it.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2722 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Brain, are you still high on Bona being scum?

Jamiet99uk

#2723 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Do people really think scum would roleblock Vecna though if they're killing him?
It's been a standard Scum play for some time on this site, so, uh, yes.

Jamiet99uk

#2724 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:09 pm
why would we care what benefits ww
Because we want to avoid helping non-town?

Why did you even ask this question and who was it directed at?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2725 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Worcej, most likely, won't get any traction to form a stronger wagon so I'll shift it off. Either Celaph or Maniac. Maniac was one appearing in Vecna's lists.

##Vote Maniac

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2726 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:09 pm
why would we care what benefits ww
Because we want to avoid helping non-town?

Why did you even ask this question and who was it directed at?
Directed at me, I think. I was just speculating on what would be driving the werewolf.

foodcoats

#2727 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Surely scumManiac would have claimed missingPR rather than VT?

Only discussing Jamie wrt to RB claim and not me is odd. Possible explanations are:

i) Maniac is scum and was therefore conscious of Jamie being RBd
ii) Maniac is town but only noticed Jamie's claim and not mine (possible as he seems obsessed with J for some reason).

Perhaps Town RBer should say who they role blocked. If they roleblocked Jamie that gets rid of option i) above
Are the fish biting today?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2728 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm

I think outing PRs this early is bad play, and that's after I made the mistake of wondering if it was a decent play on D1. That's a bad look, Damo.

damo666

#2729 Post by damo666 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:28 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Do people really think scum would roleblock Vecna though if they're killing him?
It's been a standard Scum play for some time on this site, so, uh, yes.
But he wasn't unless you're lying.

brainbomb

#2730 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm

This is how I imagine Jamie looks and acts when in public

https://youtu.be/YErFwJX0HKE

foodcoats

#2731 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:41 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:41 pm
Treat as town for now:
ghug — Assuming Darg is town, ghug is very likely town and we should deal with any potential gf/ww later down the line as necessary. Even if Darg is scum there is a fair chance that ghug is town.
Darg — Short term, should be treated as a cop.

Town read:
kak — If this is scum kak, it’s a clean game so far. He handled the gun claim really naturally. That said, if that continues to be the best thing he’s done this spot is probably worth another look. His reads haven’t been all there and his D1 was lackluster. I would also like to see more come from his gun claim than just making himself look good.
kgray — This feels like normal town kgray. She’s succinct, precise, asking the right questions. She needs to start giving herself more credit for her play. gl town and sheep kgray. :)
Chaqa — Maybe I just like that he’s been defending me, but I’ve been surprised by how reasonable he’s felt. He’s made some good arguments regarding town reading kak and while I disagree with his early suspicion of darg today, I feel like it was coming from a reasonable perspective. My only concern is that the way he’s been defending the Demon voters reminds me of how he defended the teacon voters in M62.

Town lean:
Brain — Brain’s posted a lot of content of varying quality and has clearly put a lot of time into the game. What concerns me is how imprecise he’s been at times like how his justification for initially voting kak was poor. That said, in fairness to Brain I don’t think kak was a bad wagon D1 and his probably looks worse in hindsight as kak has since improved.
Food — I’m liking food in the same way I liked scum Bona in that they are both acting carefree and weird, but also in a way that I absolutely don’t expect scum to act. I was more suspicious here when he was pushing against Darg as that felt anti-town, but I’m liking his mindset more now. ghug’s had quite reasonable views of him so far.
Flum — My immediate impressions on the way he's jumping from one sus to the next feel like natural town Flum. He’s a poor kill today.
Bona — As kgray has noted, he’s been attentive and precise. He’s asked good questions and challenged people well. He was on the right wagon D1. My only concern with him is how simple his susses and reads have been. D1 it felt that he townread the people that agreed with him and/or criticized brain. D2 he’s made his vote today about clearing me.

Null:
Worcej — It doesn’t feel like he’s playing in a way that is particularly pro-town or sharp. For better or for worse, his argument with kgray reminded me of M62. I just don’t know if that is particularly alignment indicative.
Yavu + Macca — Very little from either of them. The one thing that bothers me about Yavu is that of his 5 posts today, 1 is voting for Maniac and another is defending him. That said, given that it sounds like he’s sick he can hopefully get a replacement.
Rdr — Coming off a game where I agreed heavily with this man, I don’t feel like we’re on the same wavelength at the moment. I remember nothing from his D1 though he’s had a couple nice posts this day. In general, it’s hard to read him with all the inactivity.
Jamie — Remarkably forgettable.

Scum lean:
HB — He’s been more aggressive than I expected particularly with rdr. I’ve found their interactions as a whole off-putting, but of the two I prefer rdr at the moment. His comment on demon near EoD1 didn’t really push him and he ended up on brain.
Maniac -- I see why Maniac is scummy, but it feels like this wagon is motived equally by Maniac’s inactivity. Not a sexy wagon by any stretch of the imagination.
Damo — I posted more in depth about Damo and my concerns with him earlier.
I generally agree with all of this except for Flum, who I’m... leery of. So townie points to you because we think alike and I’m town. I think DKing one of your three scumreads is protown so let’s do that today.

damo666

#2732 Post by damo666 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:42 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:26 pm
Surely scumManiac would have claimed missingPR rather than VT?

Only discussing Jamie wrt to RB claim and not me is odd. Possible explanations are:

i) Maniac is scum and was therefore conscious of Jamie being RBd
ii) Maniac is town but only noticed Jamie's claim and not mine (possible as he seems obsessed with J for some reason).

Perhaps Town RBer should say who they role blocked. If they roleblocked Jamie that gets rid of option i) above
Are the fish biting today?
I wasn't fishing. It is clearly up to the TRB to make a value judgment. Hence the use of 'perhaps'.

foodcoats

#2733 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:41 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 am

also I wanted opinions, especially from the people that didn't involve themself before, but every opinion I could put into the sunlight would be good for town information. I might've not communicated that in a good enough way. Sorry.
I'm interested in if you've run a play like that before that's yielded results for town. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being great impact for town, how would you say this worked out?

I am still catching up but at this point I don't think it's yielded anything.
Can anyone comment on whether this is typical of HB? To me it looks like scum struggling to find something to say and so doing gymnastics to look active.

foodcoats

#2734 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:48 am

Let's revisit this HB.

What argument am I creating in justifying Vecna's NK?
Perhaps I worded it incorrectly but I thought you were chalking the kill of Vecna up to the thought that scum automatically target the "good" solver. I just think that's too easy a mindset to operate under.

What was my 'fakey' entrance into D2?
It felt off to me. It felt trite and you were saying something just for the benefit of saying something.

What other reasons, if you have any, do you scum read me for?
That's the damnedest thing. I don't. However, my gut has had you, Maniac, and Yav pegged as scum since Day 1. It's the evidence that I don't have and I'm struggling to find it. That doesn't mean I am not looking at others. It's just the gut is driving me while the head is still working.
HB’s answer reminds me of how I might struggle to respond to something when I’m scum and struggling to evolve my fakereads.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2735 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Can anyone comment on whether this is typical of HB? To me it looks like scum struggling to find something to say and so doing gymnastics to look active.
I'd say it's pretty typical.

brainbomb

#2736 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:26 pm
Only have a minute but if I die before I wake up tomorrow, then please please please daykill brainbomb or Rdriveria

I’ve had suspicions about Jamie from the start, so he wouldn’t be a bad kill either.

Sorry I haven’t had a lot of time this game
if I get shot today this was definetely maniac telling a scum who got gunned to shoot me

foodcoats

#2737 Post by foodcoats » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm
I see no reason for scum to NOT rb the kill. Anyone, convince me otherwise. From a perspective inside the QT. The only reasons given so far are basically, “well, they MIGHT not…”
Some things about damo: (I’m writing this on my phone, in the back of a van fulla students. Forgive my formatting and my ‘page reference’ instead of cut-and-paste.)
Page 81 he deduces which setups are out… based on his rb. His reveal is kinda odd.
Page 106… brain makes a comment with a brain-hint… and damo draws attention to it.
He displays appropriate pressure on my claimthing
Page 109… he throws an unexplained vote on yav, and adds the potential of a rivera vote. Not unlike damo. But not helpful. He later is questioned about rivera, and explains, “POE principally.”
Page 110… he gives a list of six. Then adds two minutes later another candidate. This tastes a little townie, but also fakable.
He also condemns those who are voting for people not on his list. This isn’t necessarily AI. But it seems kind of… closed?
In pages 109? To 111 he has some interaction with/about flum, food, kgray, bona, HB, and me. Seems involved.
On page 110 he also presents a brief PSA about welsh tradition. +1
He votes kak on page 121.
On page 122 he interacts with Jamie about kak-votes.
And then on page 123, he joke-interacts with flum, brain, and Jamie. He votes maniac without any explanation. And goes to bed.
On page 131 he changes back to rdr, and has some discussion about the gunshot escapade. He doesn’t include HIS rollblock in his comments about whether or not the gun was given/fired.
On page 132 he interacts with/about celaph/chaqa/worcej/food and himself.
His kill list remains fairly consistent, if unexplained.
My biggest concern is: the claim, and his unexplained votes. The lack of explanation is pretty much normal damo, iircl.
It seems to me… that if a character were RBed, along with one other (Jamie) AND along with the possibility (likelihood, imo) of Vecna being RBed, that character would be interested in pursuing this topic. He DOES seem to exert some shade on Jamie, but not about this issue. But if he was sent into the trenches with the “claim RB” assignment… he would not want to draw attention to it.
I have been town reading Jamie. He has been in and out of meta. But I lean more suspiciously atm against damo.
I like maniac’s analysis this morning, OTHER than the omission of damo’s claim. I look forward to his adjustment. That’s a pretty big omission.
@damo… why do you think we have so many RB options?
#VOTE DAMO666
Good analysis darg, not things I thought of but this reinforces my scumread on damo. I like that you point out they damo might’ve been more incensed and involved after being RBd but doesn’t seem to have.

Jamiet99uk

#2738 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm
This is how I imagine Jamie looks and acts when in public

https://youtu.be/YErFwJX0HKE
That statue itself is a representation of me.

brainbomb

#2739 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:52 pm

I like Maniacs EOD 1 vote shuffle late. It looks clunky, uncareful, sloppy and far too obvious to be worthy of gathering cred for himself. its essentially all the things you wouldnt do as scum

brainbomb

#2740 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:54 pm

maniac is not amatuer and his EOD just seems very out of wack, not how I expect a person to play when they have a responsibility to build a solid reputation and stay alive. rather he just did about everything a person would do who had zero concern about self image