MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#2081 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:51 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:50 am
darg is unccd with an inno scan and was not even rbd
Yeah and darg jumped the gun on a fake claim when I was scum with him.

YEET THAT YEAST

##VOTE dargorygel
When was this?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2082 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Will somebody talk to me about worcej? I think he's contributed nothing to this game besides starting drama and I think he's scum, but I also am suspicious that my emotions are getting in the way.
I think worcej is scum, but I can't recall my exact reason off the top of my head. I'll check my notes and get back to you.

I think Hamilton is remarkably nonchalant about kak's gun and I can't decide whether that's townie or if there's something more behind it.

Honestly, K, I just don't understand the gun and I haven't taken the time to read up on it.

I legitimately think ghug is scum.

And why ghug? They've been a townread for me for a good part of the game.

I had a gross feeling that food's been trying to set me up, but he's not harping on it as much as I originally thought he would be.
I know I shouldn't post replies in quotes but I just wanted to address each point.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2083 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:25 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:23 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:20 pm

Jump in the mix with me HB, HAMMER DAT SCUMMY BOI.
Yeah, not sure. I'm pretty game to the Celaph wagon too. I am trying to connect the dots to understand brain's wholehearted conviction that Celaph is scum. My sheeping is pretty blatant.
But my ambivalence to Flum would be the counter to me joining that Celaph wagon. I trust brain, don't trust flum.

However, both jamie and food are town reads of mine. Sheeping them makes Darg a reasonable vote.
You said you were going to start making your own cases. Who do *you* think is scummiest?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2084 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:31 pm

If kak shoots darg without waiting for darg to reveal his scan he can die immediately btw.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2085 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:32 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:26 pm

But kak either has a gun, or he’s scum. I already was scumreading him, so this vote makes sense to me. If he shoots someone, I’ll move my vote, likely. Although vecna MIGHT have accidentally gunned up a scum.

##VOTE kakarroto
Was considering this as well. It's a ploy or it's true. I've equivocated on Kak this whole game. Times I've thought them townie, times it's seemed not-town, so they're still a hard null...unfortunately.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2086 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:33 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:26 pm
Ok… in for a vote.

Some general observations. Not organized as reads… but there is a chance I’m going to be the target of kak’s gun. (See below) so here’s my comments.

I am not excited about maniac’s lack of involvement. Again, though, I think maniac is a better player than to lurk THIS much as scum. Maybe ww, I suppose. But even so, lately we’ve been more harsh on lurkers. I don’t see him doing this.

I think Jamie, as scum, would not press against me so much. I’m agonna die. He would let it happen. I feel similarly about food.

Both Jamie and brain are squabbling with each other, and reading each other in the worst possible light. Which makes me lean town on both of them.

The suspicions about celaph are valid. His posts are agreeable, nodding across the table from whomever is speaking.

I could vote for bona, still. Kgray is drawing attention to herself with her hurt feelings, which I don’t think she’d do as scum.

Ghug is solvey.

The rest haven’t stood out to me.

But kak either has a gun, or he’s scum. I already was scumreading him, so this vote makes sense to me. If he shoots someone, I’ll move my vote, likely. Although vecna MIGHT have accidentally gunned up a scum.

##VOTE kakarroto
I don't know what darg is like as scum but this screams town to me.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2087 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

You said you were going to start making your own cases. Who do *you* think is scummiest?
Worcej stands out to me due to some brushing off of commenter's concerns, jumping on, if not creating (don't recall), a wagon of me and never moving off of it, and just a general cheese factor.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2088 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:29 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Will somebody talk to me about worcej? I think he's contributed nothing to this game besides starting drama and I think he's scum, but I also am suspicious that my emotions are getting in the way.
I think worcej is scum, but I can't recall my exact reason off the top of my head. I'll check my notes and get back to you.

I think Hamilton is remarkably nonchalant about kak's gun and I can't decide whether that's townie or if there's something more behind it.

Honestly, K, I just don't understand the gun and I haven't taken the time to read up on it.

I legitimately think ghug is scum.

And why ghug? They've been a townread for me for a good part of the game.

I had a gross feeling that food's been trying to set me up, but he's not harping on it as much as I originally thought he would be.
I know I shouldn't post replies in quotes but I just wanted to address each point.
ghug is mostly gut and deep-seeded trust issues. I think he's saying the right things a bit too much, and is avoiding making an impression. I'm not getting the solvey vibes others are apparently getting because I think most of what he's said was piggy-backing off of others' reads.

And D1 I really didn't like how he went from his lazy push on Maniac to joining me on brain when Demon was the lead wagon, and then he just disappeared for the rest of the phase. I especially don't like how he's been emphasizing that there must have been bussers on the Demon wagon when he actively avoided it himself.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2089 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm
kgray wrote:

Worcej stands out to me due to some brushing off of commenter's concerns, jumping on, if not creating (don't recall), a wagon of me and never moving off of it, and just a general cheese factor.
Also, there's this sense that they are creating the argument to justify Vecna's NK, based on "quality of the scum players." Again, just seems like an arbitrary approach and a holding-hands-up "look gang, it wasn't me involved." And the fake-iness of the entry into D2.

I'll join you on that wagon.

##Vote worcej

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2090 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm
kgray wrote:

Also, there's this sense that they are creating the argument to justify Vecna's NK, based on "quality of the scum players." Again, just seems like an arbitrary approach and a holding-hands-up "look gang, it wasn't me involved." And the fake-iness of the entry into D2.

I'll join you on that wagon.

##Vote worcej
lmao and I forgot about how ready he was with that "look I didn't kill xorxes that one time" line.

brainbomb

#2091 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Ill join the worcej train. I thought he was alot more towny at gamestart but I dont think he has been fired up, he feels quite similar to how he was as scum with me last game

##Vote worcej

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2092 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm
Ill join the worcej train. I thought he was alot more towny at gamestart but I dont think he has been fired up, he feels quite similar to how he was as scum with me last game

##Vote worcej
Worcej weighs more to you than Celaph right now? How come?

damo666

#2093 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:49 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:23 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:21 pm
I’m not great at mechanics... if I’m reading the setup right, if there were two RBs shouldn’t one have been a jailing?
Where you getting that from?
Sorry, I’m a bit wrong, but...

In every setup with a town RB there is a Jailer.

I assume Vecna could not be jailed and killed. And Vecna was not RBd if both damo and Jamie were indeed RBd.

So the Jailer either held, or jailed town who is mum, or jailed the wolf, or the messages are not different.

Not sure if relevant. It’s just... someone was probably jailed, right? Maybe scum now know who the WW is.
Why don't you read the set up?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2094 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Still not a fan of Yav either. That D1 is cringe-y.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2095 Post by Maniac » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:06 pm

This may be a stupid question but do Mafia have a roleblock?

Also for those looking for a D1 busser, sure a busser could exist. The vote count at the end was DemonRHK 7, Kak 4, HB 3, so unless Kak and HB are scum then DemonRHK gets saved if there are two scum on his wagon.

So assuming 0 or 1 busser we have scum on demonRHK could be 1/6

And non-bussers mafia are 3 from the remaining twelve players. Much more chance of finding scum here even if we throw a dart.

We can find any bussers later.

I'm aware that you'll all think I'm saying this to save myself, but you should all know it makes sense. Ask yourselves what you'll do if I flip town? Will you keep going through DemonRHK voters?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2096 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:06 pm
This may be a stupid question but do Mafia have a roleblock?
Factional roleblock, but it also comes up in the Factional kill discussion.
The mafia have access to a FACTIONAL KILL ability. They may vote to send any mafia-aligned player to kill any other player at night. They may NOT send the same player to perform both factional abilities. However, they MAY vote for a mafia-aligned player to be a “backup” killer, in case the initial player sent to perform the kill is roleblocked. If they also send the backup killer to perform the roleblock, then the kill will take priority over the roleblock, unless they vote otherwise in the QT. They will still not be able to send the same player to perform both factional abilities.

In addition to their factional kill ability, the mafia also have access to a FACTIONAL ROLEBLOCK. They may vote to send any mafia-aligned player to perform either of these actions in their QT at night, in addition to any of their individual role abilities. They may NOT send the same player to perform both factional abilities. If a player is roleblocked by the Mafia Factional Roleblock, any action they perform that night will fail. They will be informed they were roleblocked.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2097 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:06 pm

And non-bussers mafia are 3 from the remaining twelve players. Much more chance of finding scum here even if we throw a dart.

So what do you think about this group of non-Vecna voters? Brainbomb, Damo (who rested on Kak all day), Darg, ghug, jamie, kak, macca, rdr, worcej, Yav, and myself

brainbomb

#2098 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:20 pm

I keep seeing celaph reading and seldom ever saying anything. I dont feel as inclined to get rid of celaph with urgency as I do a desire to get a wagon that combines my concerns with a consensus I can understand. I would be hard pressed to find two people I am on the same page with more than kgray or you hamilton

brainbomb

#2099 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:22 pm

my trust in foodcoats is pretty much gone entirely.

brainbomb

#2100 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:24 pm

maniac actually seems okay to me