MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#621 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 am
Rereading celaph’s iso reminds me a bit of my own scum play. There are some big analytical posts that seem lacking in emotional punch, immediacy, context.

With this in mind, I wonder if celaph is scum, is bona also scum parking a vote to eventually leverage that into distancing/defending or something? Bona has scum reads, has said he town leans celaph, and yet is still parking. Seems unfavourable to town. In addition bona is pretty aggro but not towards celaph, who he is “watching”?

Chaqa’s iso feels too cutting and analytical to be scum Chaqa so I feel good about town!Chaqa.

Slightly aggravating that Kak and Macca get temporary passes find they pre-claimed absence. Rereading rdr’s intro makes me think scummy again.

HB seems pretty naively town. I don’t have any meta so not sure if that’s telling in any way.
I think I agree with all of this but Chaqa.

brainbomb

#622 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 am

which hamilton read do you like more ghug

naively town or novice scum

Bonatogether

#623 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:17 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:05 am
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:51 pm

I agree and being careless is a towny behaviour. When I was scum, I used to reread all my messages before posting so I wouldn't scumslip. Posting careful is NAI but posting careless is town-ish.
I don't like this post because it's unnecessary and unprompted elaboration on someone else's kinda old comment. Bad vibes, really
Bona, you’ve pointed out a lot of things you don’t like. What have you really liked so far? Who do you townread?
I like celaph, kgray, and ghug so far. Most people are only slightly one way or the other so far, but they stand out to me.

Bonatogether

#624 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:36 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:27 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 am
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 pm

This post makes brain less scummy in my eyes and makes me suspicious about Bona. Like Bone, I townread Vecna too but he assumed that Vecna is town when writing this. Does Bona know who's mafia and who's not? We have the werewolf though. It's still suspicious and I'm fine with switching my vote to Bona. I just need to catch up so I can see the thread clearer.
I do not townread Vecna as strongly as people seem to think. He's more very soft town, but I would use that phrasing regardless of my perception of the other player.
I know that you didn't say you townread him. You just assumed that Vecna is town as if you knew this already.
I did not assume this.

brainbomb

#625 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:41 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 pm
I don't have solid arguements for the following people but I got some impressions by reading the old pages:
Town leaning reads:
ghug
kgray
jamiet99uk
celaph

Scum leaning reads:
Bonatogether

Also Hamilton Brian 's posts sound like a novice mafia. I think I will vote for him. ##vote Hamilton Brian

brainbomb

#626 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:41 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 am
foodcoats wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

I don't like this post because it's unnecessary and unprompted elaboration on someone else's kinda old comment. Bad vibes, really
Bona, you’ve pointed out a lot of things you don’t like. What have you really liked so far? Who do you townread?
I like celaph, kgray, and ghug so far. Most people are only slightly one way or the other so far, but they stand out to me.
nice reads yav

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#627 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:42 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:32 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:50 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am
Does anyone remember any game damo played as mafia? How was he? I find his messages detailed and careful but in a towny way. I guess I have town vibes from him.
Damo and I were scum two games in a row awhile back. If he's scum, just keep an eye out for his arguments to make no sense.
He pointed out that brain missed the fact that mafia already knows the setup. That was a careful observation and makes sense so +1 point. He townread brain for this. I'm not sure if this makes brain more scummy but damo townread him which means damo truly believed that brain townslipped and it was genuine. I don't think so.
brain and damo are both scum.
I did think damo saying brain townslipped was suspicious, but I've just realized that the time I remember him being the most adamant that townslips were fake, he was scum. So it's not as compelling to me as I originally thought.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#628 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:07 pm
I see why you say its NAI. but it isnt. Macca fake excitement is fairly noticeable. they didnt front load the post with excitement. it was an afterthought for macca they needed to be happy to be town. which town macca doesnt need to pepper into a post late in a paragraph.

To be clear, this is when macca was scum 2 games ago. this game macca is town.
Maybe you're right but why did you speak like Mecca's alignment depends only and only on excited behaviour. Are you trying to make it look like you defend Mecca because he is town and once you die you want us to think he is your scummate? Or simply buddying? I guess I will ##vote brainbomb because that's the best I can think so far.
Macca goes by "they."

It's suspicious that you are only considering town!Macca scenarios here, and not that brain could be townreading his teammate.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#629 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:46 am

Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:51 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:29 pm

What happens when you are wrong?

Does Vecna only agree with you when you are right? Surely this would imply that Vecna is the one displaying cleverness and judgement while you just thrash around wildly.

That being the case, why are you buddying Vecna so hard?
When we disagree I ignore his opinions.
imo youre starting to sound more and more like bo_sox
lol. ghug's the worst.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#630 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:12 pm

I wanted to respond to the first post myself with a "feeling daring today are we"

....but then food swoops in here and starts drooling over "how good a p oint it is"?

wtf?

he listed 9 players. How is it at all interesting to assume theres -at least- 1 scum in there? Thats half the bloody playerlist
I especially disliked his pre-emptive dismissal of people calling it out for being trite.
I don’t really want to argue about this with the Snide Remarks Gang, but

1. It’s not a random group of 9 players, it’s a selection based on analysis
2. “At least” means “a minimum of”
3. It says things about HB

I don’t understand the edgy snark, either. Are you 14?
Edgy snark? Moi?

What does it say to you about Hamilton?

celaph

#631 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:50 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:26 am
celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:23 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am

Ghug, you’ve sort of flippantly called brain, kgray and Chaqa scum. I don’t get the impression you actually think any of them ARE scum... but you haven’t called anyone else scum, other than sheeping Vecna onto Maniac... which also strikes me as unserious.

Is there anyone you seriously think might be scum at this point?
I like this line of questioning from food.
Do you find merit to it or do you just like that he's doing it?
Yes. I think it catches on the fact that you have been rather nonchalant so far and I like that it makes you be ever so slightly more committal.

celaph

#632 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:51 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 am
foodcoats wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

I get the feeling that us 3 all stand out in your mind because you have more experience with us. Can you point to the things that we've actually said that you've liked?

Kakarroto

#633 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 am

@celaph @kgray I also like to know what you think of my 'dargo trapped' theory

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#634 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:59 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:15 am
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 am
Bonatogether wrote:

I don't know why you think it's scummy to react to an old post. Last 2 hours passed me trying to cath up and I started from the point I left, and I reacted to every message I found worthy. You may be right about the necessity, but I guess I would be more careful if I were mafia.
You can't use the thing I said about how scum should be careful what they post to pass off an careless comment. Major scumpoints for that.
Bona's being very sharp this game. I like it.

celaph

#635 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:01 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:26 am
youve been pretty solidly against everything ive said so far celaph. whether it was calling me a soulless politician to saying I wanna misrep macca in everyway possible to suit my nefarious goals and now im posthumously implying vecna and foodcoats didnt randomly call kak funny and wacky.
You're probably right that I've been a little hard on you and that opening comment was unnecessary. I'd rather not be mean. My concern with you is that you seem to have decent ideas that I don't feel like work well given their contexts.

brainbomb

#636 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:02 am

I would compare bonas sharpness to a spoon thus far. what meth are you on

brainbomb

#637 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:01 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:26 am
youve been pretty solidly against everything ive said so far celaph. whether it was calling me a soulless politician to saying I wanna misrep macca in everyway possible to suit my nefarious goals and now im posthumously implying vecna and foodcoats didnt randomly call kak funny and wacky.
You're probably right that I've been a little hard on you and that opening comment was unnecessary. I'd rather not be mean. My concern with you is that you seem to have decent ideas that I don't feel like work well given their contexts.
I didnt think you were mean I felt like you didnt want anything I felt to have a chance to be real

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#638 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:23 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 pm
I don't have solid arguements for the following people but I got some impressions by reading the old pages:
Town leaning reads:
ghug
kgray
jamiet99uk
celaph
Scum leaning reads:
Bonatogether

Also Hamilton Brian 's posts sound like a novice mafia. I think I will vote for him. ##vote Hamilton Brian
what does a novice mafia do that an expert mafia or amatuer mafia do
He tries to make baseless arguements to look like he is reading but actually he isn't. He is observing but tries to keep his distance.
Hmm. I wouldn't characterize Hamilton as making any arguments so far. He's asked a few questions and his comments have mostly just been stating what others have said/done.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#639 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 am
Rereading celaph’s iso reminds me a bit of my own scum play. There are some big analytical posts that seem lacking in emotional punch, immediacy, context.

With this in mind, I wonder if celaph is scum, is bona also scum parking a vote to eventually leverage that into distancing/defending or something? Bona has scum reads, has said he town leans celaph, and yet is still parking. Seems unfavourable to town. In addition bona is pretty aggro but not towards celaph, who he is “watching”?

Chaqa’s iso feels too cutting and analytical to be scum Chaqa so I feel good about town!Chaqa.

Slightly aggravating that Kak and Macca get temporary passes find they pre-claimed absence. Rereading rdr’s intro makes me think scummy again.

HB seems pretty naively town. I don’t have any meta so not sure if that’s telling in any way.
celaph has big analytical posts? Are we reading the same game?

celaph

#640 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 am
@celaph @kgray I also like to know what you think of my 'dargo trapped' theory
I think I agree with your conclusion that darg is looking scummy, though I think I would go about making the argument differently.

For one, you're framing it as if ghug and Vecna were setting the trap intentionally which doesn't seem to be the case. At least, if it was the case then I'm surprised they aren't jumping more over it. I also think that you are glossing over the fact that he said he found himself tunneling severely after a single post regarding Bona.