MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#581 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 am

@brainbomb, you wrote this: "I find it curious kak votes chaqa and doesnt even mention their unique history"

Interesting backstory you mentioned but how many players drop a vote on someone with a rendition of how previous games tanked when they were teamed together? I'm not so sure it's as big of a deal as you think.

Kakarroto

#582 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 am

Finally back, lets see what I've missed
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:15 am
[...]
The movies were trash

The books were trash too after like book 5

There's not much to miss
- alright, so just don't worry about it, gotcha
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:56 am
I had no idea this had started until I got my role PM. Who starts a mafia game on a Sunday??? [...]
- oh, Chaqa you're here, great! I also missed the start, thought it would start today ... well yesterday from my point of view, but you geht the gist.
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:18 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:47 pm

[...]
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm
[..] Secondly, what would make it !!EXCITING!!?
Oh oh, I know! We could all play one of the (minor) gods, like with the flavour from HR! How about that!

@ghug @brain @maniac which of the (minor) greek gods would you be? (Or in case you say you are already a god or half-god, who would be your parents?) [...]
this guy should provide some wacky fun this game
- This one says only one of three have answered to me, as far as I see, te~hee

because of that, I'm giving out 10 ghugpoints to ghug! Have fun with them!
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am
celaph has been making a disproportionate amount of fluffy posts. [...] Celaph however seems to be stuck in theme/RP land which I can’t help but find to actually be suspicious. [...]
- nothing wrong with a tryhard roleplayer but then again, it only makes fun if at least one other person responds in kind. But thanks for your thoughts *takes notes*
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 am
For all those folk who think it's fun to crumb... don't.
- but: how else would I find the way back home, if not for crumbs?
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 pm
[...]
rivera entry feels oddly campy as well.
- hmm, campy isn't the word I'd use, more like ... un-enthusiastic, or somthing like that. Though that could be everything, like waking up after a long night full of drinks and a hangover.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 pm
[...]
rivera entry feels oddly campy as well.
Could you tell me what you mean with "campy"?. I don't think I know this word and too lazy to check it at dictionary.
- ... like a very long night and a strong hangover ... did you have a rough day rd?
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:45 pm
Jesus, how have I missed 12 pages worth of material?

Sorry all, didn't realize the beginning would begin when it began.
- oh we are three now ... hello there

now I'm remembering a saying ... once is coincidence twice is happenstance three times is enemy action. Might this just an easy excuse for not being here until now? *thinking*

Kakarroto

#583 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 pm
Let me just put this out there because I am curious... is there value to doing any role claims now? Later on?
- if you want to get eaten by a werewolf, go on. If not, just don't.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:34 pm
[...]
Ah, trying the "2 scummy 2 be scum" strategy.

Werewolf in sheep's clothing pretending to be a werewolf?
I feel like you're throwing some unnecessary shade my way. But when you put it that way, I kind of see how dumb and anti-town an idea it is. Never mind.
- ah, my fellow start missers got in a fight
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:15 pm
[...]
@ghug @brain @maniac which of the (minor) greek gods would you be? (Or in case you say you are already a god or half-god, who would be your parents?) [...]
playful
inclusive
maybe a bit too focused on playfulness
[/quote]

alright, I guess you didn't miss it you just don't want to answer it. Given time it's too late now anyway, but if you choose to answer what you would have chosen, I'm all ears
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:24 pm
Day One Vote Count 1.0:

Bonatogether (3): brainbomb, foodcoats, dargorygel
Maniac (2): ghug, Vecna
Chaqa (1): Kakarroto[...]
- right now, I kinda like that ghug and Vecna are on maniac, if only just for his non contribution, but sadly that wouldn't give good follow up info right now. That said, with what I've seen from Chaqa until now, he's pretty towny so I'll move my vote ... after I read all of the rest of the thread >.<
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:10 pm
I'm noticing foodcoats keeps asking a lot of "would X player do this?" or "does Y player play like this as scum?" type questions, which to me seems like an easy way to make yourself look like you're hunting that pushes the work from you to others. I find it is a pretty common scum tactic.
Chaqa attempting to share insights must be scum
- you sure? I really like this Chaqa right now, why can't an active Chaqa not be a town Chaqa? Try to explain it like I'm a foreigner. (ok the last one was a joke but still I see much towny in Chaqa right now)
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:25 pm
so the werewolf kills people by guessing roles. are you guys advocating the werewolf be assisted?
It's almost like you deliberately ignore the words I use.
- I know how you feel. I just want to be noticed, brainbombsenpai *snief*
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:50 pm
Damo and I were scum two games in a row awhile back. If he's scum, just keep an eye out for his arguments to make no sense.
This happens when he's town too.
+1

Though I disagree, I can understand the sentiment. It's hard to describe but I think I can get a solid read on damo by say Day 4 or so, if we're both alive that long.
damo is damo is damo, especially when he damoes. I'd love to scan his role N1, just to know for sure.
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:48 pm
Nah I just don't want to get Day 1'd again, still salty about that.
I got a miskill out of it and now I'm getting the desired behavior in the next game. 10/10 would do again.
- ah I see, great job!

Kakarroto

#584 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:29 pm
im more concerned with kak than yav
- queee, senpaibrainbombsama noticed me, queee
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm
Welk, ok...
My vote on bona I have explained. I thought he over-pushed on the macca defense. But I see that my logical foundation was based on misunderstanding some stuff.

Not sure where to go... I found myself tunneling pretty severely.

Maniac's one post was not maniacal enough though.
##VOTE maniac
- I really don't like this post and vote
Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:39 pm
if I were to leave bona wagon it would be to explore kak, yav, chaqa or vecna at this point.
One of these things is not like the other.

I'm a little suspicious of my old college roommate, too.
- I'd be too, but you still owe me the 20 bucks for the beer
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:47 pm
[...]
@ghug @brain @maniac which of the (minor) greek gods would you be? (Or in case you say you are already a god or half-god, who would be your parents?)

[...]
I think these choices of specific players is interesting. Plus a vote on chaqa. were these just the players you remember most kak?
- ghug because since your discord game where he was mafia and I was doctor I start the game with the opinion 'ghug is evil' before any information. You of course since answers from you can never hurt and then I didn't want to include a third (you know, all good things etc) and didn't want to ask too many for not forgetting something and then I remembered maniac posted once and I was thinking 'information from maniac for day 1? Lets try it!" but alas, no answer till now. And the vote on chaqa was more like a joke start for trying to make him more active (but I guess ghug already did it last game so that's that).

... so ... any answer on that, brain? which god/hero/half god/goat herder?
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:41 pm
kakarrotto was once scum with chaqa in a game where chaqa got angry about guak missing a phase. chaqa publicly conceded and in doing so forced kak to also concede. chaqa served a 1 game ban for public concession and the concede rule was created as a result. there would be a bit of rivalry between kak and chaqa based on that situation which was the last time both played together
- where do you see rd in there, who was the last left mafia player with me?
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:42 pm
I find it curious kak votes chaqa and doesnt even mention their unique history
- hahaha, sure, just don't forget to always include your history for every player when you are voting xD at this point, I think most other players know and if not, it's not even important what happened
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:18 am
[...]
this guy should provide some wacky fun this game
Do you feel that he has provided lots of wacky fun so far?
- wooooooork

Kakarroto

#585 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 pm
It seems that very little came from kakarrottos effort to gather a roleplaying greek gods cosplay.
- well we got celaph Hermes, which is quite something
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 pm
for the sake of playing along kak, my favorite greek mythology character was always Perseus
- nice choice too, I give it 25 brainbombpoints, especially for the way of drawing out your answer to get me agitated
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm
Why is Maniac the lead wagon?
- he did his minimal post thing and people didn't like it, I guess
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm
Why is Maniac the lead wagon?
Vecna's always right when he agrees with me.
- ah I see, then I should ... NO wait, don't listen, it's just ghug saying he's always correct *whisper* don't forget, ghug might still be evil, even when he looks great *whisper*
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Brain's for sure scum.
- I don't see that, but last game, I also thought brain was town until quite a long time ... you sure about that? *whisper* never forget, ghug might be evil, ghug might mislead you, never again, even when he's great *whisper*
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:51 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:29 pm
What happens when you are wrong?

Does Vecna only agree with you when you are right? Surely this would imply that Vecna is the one displaying cleverness and judgement while you just thrash around wildly.

That being the case, why are you buddying Vecna so hard?
When we disagree I ignore his opinions.
imo youre starting to sound more and more like bo_sox
- in your mind, is that a bad thing, vecna?
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:04 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 pm
##vote kakarroto
Damo hates fun. I think this suggests damo is town.
what about kakarrotto has been fun so far?
- I'm the son of Gelos and Thaleia, Euphrosyne is my best friend, but nobody understands me and votes me in the end. I worked for our future, I worked for the Olymp, but while I was away, you thought I was an imp. Whenever this is over, when time comes to the end, then you will truly notice, what fun is to be meant.

or something like that, it's all greek to me
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am

Brainbomb is confirmed small nails. Don't forget: 97% more likely. Also his messages feel scummy.
yav what is small nails? you make this expression a few times. is this a character?
Not really, I met with a friend irl who had very small nails. We talked about them being alien nails and they are "sus". And I carried the joke to here. It's not a meaningful statement.
- did you know, if you shorten the two words, you get snails? Snails are a common enemy on medieval french pictures, so that is a sign that you shouldn't ally yourself with this person playing france when you are england and instead ask germany to take him out with yourself.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 am
I wanna point out our little Austrian friend has been lurking the thread for for hours not posting. how fun and wacky. such a wacky guy
- you know me, I read and then post, I do this every time. I don't like spoilers

---------------------

aaaand I'm finally through it all, gosh, that was ... nearly 3 hours, I guess I need to upgrade my english skills

anyway, first thing first, my vote on Chaqa right now is utter nonsense, I think there is one post that has been too much ignored, and that is dargo's one on maniac, because it wasn't maniacal enough, putting him in the lead. Not even to make him post more (since he only had one post at the time), just that. The joke phase is over (said the one making tons of bad jokes), your vote is too scummy.

##vote dargorygel

also, if possible, @maniac, would you like to tell me your choice?

Kakarroto

#586 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 am

also, never try to post an incredible long post, you get an error message >.<

Kakarroto

#587 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:16 am

also my current impressions as far as D1 is any good for that: Chaqa strong town, brain and vecna pretty towny, damo is damo, rd is worth having a closer look, demonrhk is somewhat towny, ghug looks good (but somehow something is whispering in my ear he's evil), from the few thing's I've seen from maniac he is ok (but would like see more), jamiet is ... surprisingly silent, that's unusual, then dargo looks bad right now, I feel something not too good from hamilton, but that might be just a thing with 'the third to claim missed start' thing

if I had a gun, right now, I'd (threaten and) shoot in this kinda order: dargo > hamilton > rd = jamiet

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#588 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:43 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:34 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm

Fine. I am comfortable. Is it bad?
rdr, you are surprisingly defensive so early in the game when brainbomb merely called you "comfortable." Why do you think you need to fight this so hard? I don't think brain has even said you are scummy.
What is defensive about his response and how on earth do you think he's fighting hard?

I feel like you're just jumping off of brain's comment that he no longer seems comfortable (which I disagreed with) and that makes *me* uncomfortable.
Kgray you are officially my spokesperson again.

And I have now almost 20 pages to catch up. Work is hurting badly my webdip Mafia games.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#589 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:21 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:10 pm
I'm noticing foodcoats keeps asking a lot of "would X player do this?" or "does Y player play like this as scum?" type questions, which to me seems like an easy way to make yourself look like you're hunting that pushes the work from you to others. I find it is a pretty common scum tactic.
I like this post, I feel the same with him telling I am defensive.

Kakarroto

#590 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 am
[...]
And I have now almost 20 pages to catch up. Work is hurting badly my webdip Mafia games.
welp, see you in 4 hours, I guess. Less if you speak better english than me.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#591 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:27 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:43 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:34 pm

rdr, you are surprisingly defensive so early in the game when brainbomb merely called you "comfortable." Why do you think you need to fight this so hard? I don't think brain has even said you are scummy.
What is defensive about his response and how on earth do you think he's fighting hard?

I feel like you're just jumping off of brain's comment that he no longer seems comfortable (which I disagreed with) and that makes *me* uncomfortable.
What would you have thought if when you said I was awkward I said “So what if I’m awkward? Is that bad?”

I find rdr hard to read but he seems experienced and cool-headed enough that brainbomb of all people calling him campy and comfortable seems like something utterly undeserving of discussion - unless he is worried that brain is calling him scum.

Why do you think rdr asking “Is that bad?” is NOT defensive? What else COULD it be in Forum Mafia? Shooting the breeze?
I was honestly asking what campy means as it wasn't a word I am used too and dictionary isn't always helpful on terms used on Mafia. And I was also asking if Brain thinks being comfortable is good or bad (not scummy or towny by the way). I fail to understand how you can see this as defensive.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#592 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:28 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 am
[...]
welp, see you in 4 hours, I guess. Less if you speak better english than me.
Probably not.

brainbomb

#593 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 am

I feel like foodcoats is gonna die today and im quite against it

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#594 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:34 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:28 pm
This is a scumtell from you bona. for a number of reasons.

but the most important reason is that you are fighting tooth and nail to keep a player as a null when you should be seeking to prove that player is town or scum by any means necessary.

this arbitrary use if logic and judgement mirrors how you played as scum in m64 where you would argue just for the sake of asinine page filling arguments.

##vote bona
This looks like some classic TvT to me. But it is also interesting that Bona wants to defend Macca so hard... I would expect town to flip it and say brain is scum fabricating a reason to vote, rather than defending.

Macca and Bona scum team?

##VOTE bonatogether
Yes, because scum always made a hard defense of his teammates D1 with no real pressure.

Are you for real? This try hard feels really scummy.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#595 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 am
I feel like foodcoats is gonna die today and im quite against it
Really? Do you think he is just a town trying really hard? I confess I don't remember his meta.

Kakarroto

#596 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:37 am

This is on page 8 and 9, where the game still was kinda jokey
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:19 am
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:08 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 pm
Maniac is scum.
This was also the exact same initial impression I had
Ok you've sussed all the scum immediately in every game recently and it's validating my opinion so ##VOTE Maniac
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:19 am
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:08 am

This was also the exact same initial impression I had
Ok you've sussed all the scum immediately in every game recently and it's validating my opinion so ##VOTE Maniac
I......have?
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 am
##vote Maniac
------------------------------------------------

And this is dargos post on page 22
dargorygel wrote:
Welk, ok...
My vote on bona I have explained. I thought he over-pushed on the macca defense. But I see that my logical foundation was based on misunderstanding some stuff.

Not sure where to go... I found myself tunneling pretty severely.

Maniac's one post was not maniacal enough though.
##VOTE maniac
am I misinterpreting something? am I thinking too much into someone wanting to be on a big wagon? It looks to me, like ghug and Vecna did set up a trap and Dargo fell for it, or am I wrong?

brainbomb

#597 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:39 am

I think foodcoats is excited to be playing and is hungry to get it right so he just keeps going with whatever is the flavor of the hour. Not a great reason to think anyone is town but hes happy, hes active, hes voted half the players and is about as reckless and uncautious as you can be

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#598 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:41 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm
take the highest liability players who are not only hard to read, might lurk, might even seem overtly scummy ; and you resolve that asap
I don't see your point here. I understand your point about Macca (even thinking it's a weak tell), but this extrapolation to highest liability I can't get.
What is a higher liability: lurkers, good scum players, players that lose at milo as town? Each player might have a different answer.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#599 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:43 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:39 am
I think foodcoats is excited to be playing and is hungry to get it right so he just keeps going with whatever is the flavor of the hour. Not a great reason to think anyone is town but hes happy, hes active, hes voted half the players and is about as reckless and uncautious as you can be
I don't agree with the first part (he was making some really cheap blows that seems fake hunting). But the last part is what made me not vote him yet (he is all over the place).

brainbomb

#600 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:44 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:41 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm
take the highest liability players who are not only hard to read, might lurk, might even seem overtly scummy ; and you resolve that asap
I don't see your point here. I understand your point about Macca (even thinking it's a weak tell), but this extrapolation to highest liability I can't get.
What is a higher liability: lurkers, good scum players, players that lose at milo as town? Each player might have a different answer.

jesus fucking christ no
not whatever the fuck you just said

you TRY your absolute ass off to clear and get as many of the shittiest players were stuck with into the town pool. you fight. you keep fighting and you dont let an ifischl die who is blatant town, you dont let a lurker who claims vt on the gallows die like the moronic nd elim a few games ago. You put your foot down and stop this shit. surely you know what I mean. the ifischl daykill was atrocious and I supported it AS SCUM