MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#461 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 pm

for the sake of playing along kak, my favorite greek mythology character was always Perseus

Vecna

#462 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:03 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:58 pm
Maniac's post...meh, not significant to conclude town/not town.

Damo? Meh, but points some fingers at brain and Chaqa.

Kakarotto? Hmm.

RDR. Not the typical entrance I feel like I remember from them.

Macca: that opening was weird, strangely enthusiastic, but then descends into book discourse.

Demon: not sure how I feel about the opening. Points finger at Bona but then seems to double down on the set-up.

yavu: interesting start. kind of synonymous with Demon.

celaph: is that some early pocketing happening?

ghug: ambivalent about their start. The vote seems to be nothing more than a placeholder until the temperature gets colder.

The remaining 8 players have posted much more so it'll be a longer read from me, but I'd say there's at least 1 scum/wolf in the above group.
At first this looked not very compelling to me, but I really like your point that "I'd say there's at least 1 scum/wolf in the above group." I'm sure someone else will swoop in and say that's trite or whatever but I actually think that's a fair point worthy of consideration, especially on D1.

Two players haven't posted at all, but I would tend to agree that in the block of "blasé participation" there is probably at least one enemy. I have my personal thoughts about the players in your list but as a heuristic for town to look at today, it's a good starting point.
I wanted to respond to the first post myself with a "feeling daring today are we"

....but then food swoops in here and starts drooling over "how good a p oint it is"?

wtf?

he listed 9 players. How is it at all interesting to assume theres -at least- 1 scum in there? Thats half the bloody playerlist

brainbomb

#463 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 pm

no one has mentioned belCavendishNY

I am doubting this player is actually even playing. they didnt confirm and most likely are not even reading. If this person was scum I wonder if someone from scum wouldve brought them up by now.

Vecna

#464 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:26 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:46 pm

I implied IF he began narrowing down PR he might BE the werewolf and we should kill him.
Thats not really hunting for werewolf is it?

I am aware people like to imply that third party hunting is an occupation scum like to preoccupy themself with. And I know from experience that it is a valid practice to try to nab all the PR and the 3p as scum.

What gives me pause and makes me nervous is how easily you defended me but failed to acknowledge that I wasn't hunting 3p. I made an off the cuff remark. pretty size-able difference in my opinion.
Mentioning it as the option that was left out (and what you were very obviously doing imo) does not equal defending.

Stating the obvious that scum would also be interested in finding the wolfy did not seem needed. Its completely nai anyways, and I doubt you'd ever be blatantly doing it as scum anyway.

(also, I actually think youre town here. Probably wasnt feeling it very strongly yet back then, but im gonna use it as a reason now to justify my actions).
Hate hate hate these two posts from Vecna.
Why though, buttercup?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#465 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 am
I got drafted. Let's get this bread.
What is this meaning?
You've never heard of Get this bread?
Obtain this grain?
Receive thus wheat?
Finagle this bagel?
Bone this scone?
Collect this baguette?
Take this cake?
Yeet this yeast?
Elope this loaf?
Wrestle this pretzel?
Solicit this biscuit?

(It really just means getting down to business tbh)

brainbomb

#466 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:17 pm

I assumed get this bread was an eagerness to catch scum
which was why I didnt understand your immediate decision to play diablo 3 knock off games

brainbomb

#467 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm

I’m really feeling uninspired by this JamieT catchup. It feels like he is seizing upon regurgitated moments that have already been pointed out. And that makes me think hes just doing what he thinks he usually does

Vecna

#468 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:12 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 pm

why worcej? He hasn't done much, but there's a ton of people like that?
Yeah, doing the quick read of Worcej I'd say it's pretty ambivalent. Nothing leading either way.
Several reasons. Built up over time.

1. Calling brainbomb scum for saying wise things. I don't like people calling down other people for trying to help town, because the circuitous argument of "scum can pose as town by trying to help town, therefore helping town is scummy" is stupid and counterproductive, but - it's obviously jokey, and his first post, so I can write this off. Well within worcej's meta.

2. Calling D1 boring and using that as a method to disengage. It's an approach that could be covertly encouraging everyone to disengage ("this is boring, don't play, I'm not going to, why are you?"), or provide cover by making laziness seem borne of wisdom ("I have played many games and I know D1 is irrelevant, therefore... let's all have a nap"), both of which are scum-motivated. D1 is still important for everyone to play because of the data it gives us for later. But, still, jokey, within-meta. Hmm...

3. Where the previous comments become the groundwork for something truly scummy is worcej offhandedly claiming my meta is to lurk. That's dead wrong. I know worcej plays in probably every game, and I've only played in a handful, but - if worcej truly doesn't remember that I'm, like, the opposite of a lurker - worcej is also probably smart and experienced enough to know that he doesn't actually know; but he paints it as though he does know, with certainty, that I lurk. When kgray confronts him, he says people blend together for him, and he may have confused me with flash. I just... don't see how that's possible, as I probably write more in one post than flash does in a whole game, and flash has played in quite a few games and should be well-known to worcej. So this seems like worcej lazily scum-spewing, getting caught, and giving a lazy answer.

4. Finally, advocating that voting out players who are strong as scum is a legitimate strategy. Maybe it is a legitimate strategy, but I remember very clearly from several games with worcej that he gets really worked up about working hard for town and how no one player matters for town. Now, this seems to jive with "we can vote that person out because they are strong as scum, so let's make sure they are not scum by voting them out," except that the discussion was also considering kgray in particular and how she is strong as both alignments. So worcej in this context is subtly advocating for a kgray votekill, even though town should, theoretically, be both wary and cooperative of a player who can do good things for town, even if she can also do good things for scum.

I did mention early on that I am cautious of voting worcej D1 because I find his D1s scummy even when he's town (I've said this in other games, too, I'm quite sure) but there is a chain of things here that looks like he's trying to prod bad decisions out of town. Normally he's just plain jokey I'd say, and off the cuff and random, but here he is actively proposing information and strategies that should be obviously wrong to a player of his competence.
damn, thats some early chinese construction work there

Vecna

#469 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:26 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:14 pm
so I think if I were to rewind and go with first scumread first instinct id just go for yav. although kak on reread mostly just pep talked macca on how to interpret the role lesser gods play in helping titans
Interesting. Why do you like yavu as a vote here? I tend to scumread him, but that is because I do not have the highest opinion of yavu's play, but I have to admit his...antics...do at least provide points of discussion.
If my dog had left this post, I'd be required by law to pick it up and dispose of it.
such a charmer this time around Ghug

brainbomb

#470 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:27 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:24 pm
Who has small nails? According to a research in 2018, people with small nails are 97% more likely to be scum, can you believe that? :o

function vote (array) {
for (var element in array) {
console.log("##vote " + element);
}
};

vote(SmallNails);
What
is
this
nonsense?
I sort of thought in my darkest most sinister consideration that yav was attempting to execute a script that would crash the bot on purpose to take it out of use. But I also thought that would be super unsporting, and very outside of his level of evil. yav simply wouldnt try to crash the bot imo.

but the joke still didnt make much sense to me. maybe it wasnt for me. I dunno who the joke was for.

Jamie reacting to this seems a little forced since it has already been discussed a decent amount

Vecna

#471 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:18 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:47 pm
Oof, I thought the game begins tomorrow, I think now it's my first game where I haven't posted on page 1 >.< that's what I get for playing a game of civ

Oh oh, I know! We could all play one of the (minor) gods, like with the flavour from HR! How about that!

@ghug @brain @maniac which of the (minor) greek gods would you be? (Or in case you say you are already a god or half-god, who would be your parents?)

Also, since he hasn't been here ##vote Chaqa because he has an unlucky number. I'm sure he's the god of mischief!
this guy should provide some wacky fun this game
Do you feel that he has provided lots of wacky fun so far?
Nope

brainbomb

#472 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:02 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:00 am
What part?
it was yav making a joke but it was flamboyant
Brainbomb is confirmed small nails. Don't forget: 97% more likely. Also his messages feel scummy.

yav what is small nails? you make this expression a few times. is this a character?

Vecna

#473 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm
I’m really feeling uninspired by this JamieT catchup. It feels like he is seizing upon regurgitated moments that have already been pointed out. And that makes me think hes just doing what he thinks he usually does
its uninspired even compared to his usual scumgame. Which is usually not that uninspired, recently.

Jamiet99uk

#474 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm
COME AT ME, BRUH

Jamiet99uk

#475 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:02 am

it was yav making a joke but it was flamboyant
Brainbomb is confirmed small nails. Don't forget: 97% more likely. Also his messages feel scummy.

yav what is small nails? you make this expression a few times. is this a character?
Did'nt you see his first post about it?
The one with the coding?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#476 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:34 pm

Day One Vote Count 2.0:

Maniac (3): ghug, Vecna, dargorygel
Kakarroto (2): damo666, brainbomb
foodcoats (2): Chaqa, kgray
Jamiet99uk (1): Maniac
Chaqa (1): Kakarroto
celaph (1): Bonatogether
worcej (1): foodcoats

Not voted (9): belCavendishNY, celaph, DemonRHK, Hamilton Brian, Jamiet99uk, Macca573, rdrivera2005, worcej, yavuzovic

belCavendishNY & Maniac have yet to meet the minimum post requirement (two posts). Nine players have yet to make the minimum vote requirement (one).

Currently Maniac is set to be daykilled.

You have 23 hours and 26 minutes remaining.

brainbomb

#477 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:35 pm

Seeing the first post mentioning small nails did not explain wtf it means?

Jamiet99uk

#478 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:35 pm
Seeing the first post mentioning small nails did not explain wtf it means?
Seemed pretty clear to me it means fingernails, no?

Vecna

#479 Post by Vecna » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Not sure if its what he meant, but I was picturing him studying pink pretty fingernails

Jamiet99uk

#480 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Why is Maniac the lead wagon?