Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#2941 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:02 pm
The votes on me are pathetic.

Rdrivera, your reasoning is especially flimsy. You're voting me because I got irate at one thing (that I have been harping on game after game) versus another thing (that I don't have an emotional reaction about—if you want a temper tantrum about PRs claiming too soon, go find Jamie). If this wasn't so lame, it'd be scummy, but at least if you just said "gut feeling," that would be less scummy.

Maniac thinks because I sat on the Jasnah wagon EOD1 that must mean I'm scum. "I would never do that as scum" is one of the weakest defenses a player can make, but seriously, if I was scum, there's no way I'd leave my ass hanging out like that when I had every opportunity to move to Jamie or Chaqa. Especially knowing that the only other person sitting on the Jasnah wagon with me was likely to flip, there's no way I would have sat there like that as scum and made myself a very obvious target for VCA later on.

Weak: Jasnah sheeping Maniac on this.

Weaker: ghug sheeping jasnah sheeping Maniac.
Your wagon is pretty random ngl

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2942 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:37 pm

Foxcastle wrote:

Rdrivera, your reasoning is especially flimsy. You're voting me because I got irate at one thing (that I have been harping on game after game) versus another thing (that I don't have an emotional reaction about—if you want a temper tantrum about PRs claiming too soon, go find Jamie). If this wasn't so lame, it'd be scummy, but at least if you just said "gut feeling," that would be less scummy.

Maniac thinks because I sat on the Jasnah wagon EOD1 that must mean I'm scum. "I would never do that as scum" is one of the weakest defenses a player can make, but seriously, if I was scum, there's no way I'd leave my ass hanging out like that when I had every opportunity to move to Jamie or Chaqa. Especially knowing that the only other person sitting on the Jasnah wagon with me was likely to flip, there's no way I would have sat there like that as scum and made myself a very obvious target for VCA later on.

And what isn't gut feeling at this point? I don't pretend I have a convoluted case on you or a brilliant syntactic analysis of your posts. I don't like people voting lfishcl because the herb and you were a decent counter. Do you want to OMGUS me, fine, it won't be the first time.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2943 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Ghug and Bunny are still getting nowhere near enough attention
Agree. I almost forgot Bunny was playing and this isn't normal.

brainbomb

#2944 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:40 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Ghug and Bunny are still getting nowhere near enough attention
Agree. I almost forgot Bunny was playing and this isn't normal.
No offense but I forgot you were playing.

Bunny does seem off this game, especially his odd resistance to having shaman visit kgray. I dont register why he felt that way

BobMcBob

#2945 Post by BobMcBob » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:00 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

I called you scum day 1, and only backed off because I thought jasnah was scum and that made you look good. I ain't sheeping no one.
When you voted me, you referenced Jasnah, so I mistook that as your reasoning.

And your initial "scum read" of me on D1 looked more like a joke:
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:55 pm

What's your experience with forum Mafia?
Foxcastle scum confirmed.
And your vote now looks like even more of a joke considering that the only other times you've mentioned me was: 1) an actual joke post, 2) your N1 rundown of the different EOD1 scenarios, which now looks pretty clearly like "a TvTvT waste," as you put it, and so there's no actually useful commentary there, and 3) pushing back on my assertion that EON reads are a good thing.

If you were sheeping Jasnah, that would have at least been an interesting path (for you) onto the mediocre vote you're casting now.
your vote was just sheeping jasnah, what a lame and weak vote
well um actually i had reasoning for it which i stated earlier that you completely ignored
oh, um... well your current vote (on me) is lame and weak, at least if youd sheeped jasnah it wouldve been interesting

what sort of stupid logic is this? it feels like hes trying to find any way possible to shoot down and humiliate votes on him

brainbomb

#2946 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:45 pm

comparing this to last game where bunny had a bpv and wanted to be attacked to get cleared. this certainly isnt the same.

Foxcastle

#2947 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:45 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

And what isn't gut feeling at this point? I don't pretend I have a convoluted case on you or a brilliant syntactic analysis of your posts. I don't like people voting lfishcl because the herb and you were a decent counter. Do you want to OMGUS me, fine, it won't be the first time.
I mean, pretending you have a reason when you say it's about me not getting mad about PR claims, and then turning around and implying that it's just a gut feeling is not a great look.

Tempting me to OMGUS you is also not a good look, because you must know that it can only make me look worse and give you leverage to say "look, he's not really town, his votes are motivated!"

Foxcastle

#2948 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:41 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:00 pm

I called you scum day 1, and only backed off because I thought jasnah was scum and that made you look good. I ain't sheeping no one.
When you voted me, you referenced Jasnah, so I mistook that as your reasoning.

And your initial "scum read" of me on D1 looked more like a joke:
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:59 pm

Foxcastle scum confirmed.
And your vote now looks like even more of a joke considering that the only other times you've mentioned me was: 1) an actual joke post, 2) your N1 rundown of the different EOD1 scenarios, which now looks pretty clearly like "a TvTvT waste," as you put it, and so there's no actually useful commentary there, and 3) pushing back on my assertion that EON reads are a good thing.

If you were sheeping Jasnah, that would have at least been an interesting path (for you) onto the mediocre vote you're casting now.
your vote was just sheeping jasnah, what a lame and weak vote
well um actually i had reasoning for it which i stated earlier that you completely ignored
oh, um... well your current vote (on me) is lame and weak, at least if youd sheeped jasnah it wouldve been interesting

what sort of stupid logic is this? it feels like hes trying to find any way possible to shoot down and humiliate votes on him
Ghug did not have a reason for it, though. He lied about that to imply that he'd been pushing me from Day 1. You don't think that's odd?

brainbomb

#2949 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:56 pm

jasnah wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 pm
jasnah's EFFORTPOST

Greetings earthlings and alien.

I am announcing myself as the public representative of Satellite Phone QT. I think we need such a person to bring town the juiciest gossip of the night and I've elected myself to do it for several reasons, one being that of Satellite Phoners I believe I'm the most likely to die or have my phone stolen soon.

I'm positive that there are at least 3 and likely 4 satellite phones in play; understanding 4 to be the maximum and trusting GMs to minimal level of competence I would estimate the number of phones in play at exactly 4. I think the sat phone QT is town majority and I'm almost certain it's at least two town, but at this time I don't think it's 4 town. I've confirmed the identity of one other member and I'm almost certain of a second identity.

Certain interactions lead me to believe based on very circumstantial evidence that Jamiet is somewhat more likely to be scum than I had previously anticipated, but only on a scum team that either is playing some 4D chess or invalidates a lot of what I wrote on D1.

Now time for everyone's favourite housekeeping. I would like to request that I'm scanned tonight. I believe I am an optimal scan for several reasons:
  • There is a decent chance that I will be flipped tomorrow, so, give the deputy info on his sanity.
  • If not flipped and later become town clear, I have rare quality of being able to lead town to victory, so one less scan available is no problem, just need to elect me your leader.
  • As a main wagon yesterday and the leading wagon around 1 hour before EOD, there was significant vote activity around me, and so fertile ground for all of you tryhards to farm pet theories regarding who I may be connected to.
  • I have night QT communication with likely 3 others who are passing on what I consider an acceptable amount of info.
I'll continue to update as circumstances develop, any questions, I know pew pew pew is fun, but please shout before you pull out the M16. I'm itching for a 1v1.

Town needs to hear from Vecna. Hopefully he has a new read for D2 that we'll be guaranteed to kill scum if we sheep. Where is he?
jasnah was the assumption youd be flipped based on how much day 1 pressure came at you?

brainbomb

#2950 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Is there some reason you are offering the Alien greetings?

brainbomb

#2951 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:05 pm

jasnah wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 pm
OK. I hope I counted the scum correctly this time.

If there just 1 Item Thief, which can used 3 times, instead of 3 item thiefs. Then we would have started D1 with 6 evils: 5 scum and 1 alien. And also we had 14 meaningful town, since this is the 15 we started with minus kgray, and bozo was not in the game.

I'm not a mathematician, but it seems to me intuitively that if you pick randomly 3 people, of the 14, you have 27% chance you get 3 town. So it's unlikely, but it's not impossible, even though human brain likes to interpret any % <50% as impossible, because we're all a bunch of monkeys. Consider this a minimum bound because scum are likely to run at least some interference to prevent a strong wagon on one of theirs where feasible. So let's say around 30% chance of 3 town wagon D1, for a conservative estimate. But Chaqa died and obviously we know he's town. So let's update our priors. Given that already 1 town is removed. The chance of two more randomly drawn, both being town, is 41%. Hardly impossible.

It's a good thing nobody came here to do statistics. Who cares if it's 41% chance that me and Jamie are two town? You care whether we actually are town or not. So all of you losers talking about 'unlucky' and 'unlikely to 3 town wagon' can suck a dick, because that's pretty much beside the point unless you want to turn Mafia into an Every Day Policy Kill game.
So now that bona, jamie and presumably you are town — would you advocate the gun holder shoot thamrick so we can max out on flips?

brainbomb

#2952 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:07 pm

we can have ifischl eat moss, shoot him and get a flip on thamrick, or just save the items and flip thamrick.

but shooting tham also feels like a decent choice

damo666

#2953 Post by damo666 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Why has nobody responded to my offer to be herbed?

brainbomb

#2954 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:11 pm
can we shoot you instead

Foxcastle

#2955 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Foxcastle Fun Fact: I will not be here for the last three hours of Day or EOD. I have a (socially distanced, outdoor) family get-together to be at. There is some minuscule chance I'll be on mobile, but I certainly won't be read up on the last few hours of the thread.

I will be around for the next 3.5 hours, though.

damo666

#2956 Post by damo666 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:13 pm
damo666 wrote:
can we shoot you instead
Feel free but remember your commitment to public gnawing.

BunnyGo

#2957 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm

Just showed up. Won’t be around much until around EOD-2 hours.

Can someone clue me in on why there’s still an lfischl wagon? Have people decided not to let the item thief steal the holly and don’t want to risk the WIFOM?

I get the Damo wagon, and fox makes sense too. Have I missed much while on my beauty rest?

brainbomb

#2958 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm

we could have binoculars player watch Jamie or bona tonight and can verify all the people who visit. which can confirm a town network of shamans and triage kit users. forcing mafia to kill away from our clears.

BunnyGo

#2959 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:14 pm
Foxcastle Fun Fact: I will not be here for the last three hours of Day or EOD. I have a (socially distanced, outdoor) family get-together to be at. There is some minuscule chance I'll be on mobile, but I certainly won't be read up on the last few hours of the thread.

I will be around for the next 3.5 hours, though.
Enjoy, but we won’t see much of each other

BunnyGo

#2960 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:42 pm

damo666 wrote:
What does this mean?