Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#2361 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:06 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:36 pm
lfischl wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:56 pm

:raging: :raging: :raging: please hammer me. I want to see what you say when it says I'm town.
Why are you agitated this game at the most minute level of pushing?
Why has lfischl dropped off the face of the earth after all the early activity?
he's in class rn, and it's not atypical of him to do this

BobMcBob

#2362 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:58 pm
jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm
Bonatogether must be joking. There are four other players voting you including one who's end voted, and although I'm the most likely of the wagon to be voting you for being stupid, pretending like we're all on you for policy reasons isn't a line worth respecting. Looking at your iso you have about one substantive comment every five posts that you write, the others are just snarking like you're trying to play a poor imitation of me. Why are you still voting Jamie?
Why are you guys voting me then? I'm firmly town. There's no possible way there's any kind of scan on me. There's no possible mechanical information on me. There's no scumslip. There's no VCA tying me to scum, or even probable scum, or even possible scum. THERE IS NO CASE.
i promised brain i wouldnt engage with you any more, but i think I pretty clearly outlined my case against you
i dont need some lame-ass tinfoil meta-mechanical theory or "scumslip" or vca to scumread you, you just need to be acting like scum

BobMcBob

#2363 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:07 pm
jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:06 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:05 pm
emc and thamrick have been online but not posting
Emc is not posting because he's dead, buddy.
oh yeah
lmao

Bonatogether

#2364 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:10 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:58 pm
jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm
Bonatogether must be joking. There are four other players voting you including one who's end voted, and although I'm the most likely of the wagon to be voting you for being stupid, pretending like we're all on you for policy reasons isn't a line worth respecting. Looking at your iso you have about one substantive comment every five posts that you write, the others are just snarking like you're trying to play a poor imitation of me. Why are you still voting Jamie?
Why are you guys voting me then? I'm firmly town. There's no possible way there's any kind of scan on me. There's no possible mechanical information on me. There's no scumslip. There's no VCA tying me to scum, or even probable scum, or even possible scum. THERE IS NO CASE.
i promised brain i wouldnt engage with you any more, but i think I pretty clearly outlined my case against you
i dont need some lame-ass tinfoil meta-mechanical theory or "scumslip" or vca to scumread you, you just need to be acting like scum
I'm not. Fuck you. I know how to and am capable of change my style enough between scum games.

BobMcBob

#2365 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:12 pm

isnt the thread marvellously tranquil and peaceful right now?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2366 Post by ghug » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Bonatogether wrote:

Bonatogether

#2367 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
yes yes I know

jasnah

#2368 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:18 pm

OK, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I move that we not have a runaway wagon like 15 hours into a day where we desperately need to DK scum. Last night and yesterday I was a lot more chill about town's position, but as I became more and more certain emc was going to be modkilled and was town, combined with HR the town effortposter dead, it became more important to cut down on the waste of scarce public resources.

Everyone is aware of the case for and against Bona. For better or for worse he's been in the limelight long enough that we all know how and why we would kill him off. In the meantime we ought to reinvigorate public discourse and focus attention on some new areas of deliberation.

##vote thamrick

ND

#2369 Post by ND » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:18 pm

##gm note
That is not something I have the power to do. I asked darg if had so perhaps he can elaborate more. However, it's not in general rules 1-9 and my personal preference would be not to do that. Hope this answers your question.

jasnah

#2370 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:19 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:18 pm
##gm note
That is not something I have the power to do. I asked darg if had so perhaps he can elaborate more. However, it's not in general rules 1-9 and my personal preference would be not to do that. Hope this answers your question.
Umm what is this replying to?

Vecna

#2371 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:19 pm

PART CINQO (that sounds enough like 5, rite?)
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:22 am
Ghug would totally get put in penalty box and probably punch vecna or bunny in the face for good measure
How are there so many pairings of me and Bunny going around? So many people are talking and mentioning the same two names in one breath. Really odd. Almost like scumchat paid special attention to it, either hoping to fuel the fire, or have worries because im crusading.
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:36 am
okay so back to lfischl, he gave off angrier, more defensive vibes than usual
seemed scummy
Has bob even played with lfischl?
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:54 am
Isn't it ironic that Bob McBob has three upper case characters in his user name any yet all his posts are entirely in lower case.

Bob is the alien.
This also feels like it would fail the chipper-test.

EMC, am I doing it right?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 am
Why aren't we policy lynching lurkers or people that didn't vote?
What, you mean, you?

Why didn't you vote btw?
And to properly answer this question, it was impossible or illogical to go after lurkers / non-voters on D1 of this particular game, because there was an item in play (the Ray Gun) which removes a player from the game without any notification.

We did talk about Kgray and Thamrick being absent and there was a debate about whether one of them could have been shot with the ray gun.

Turns out that is exactly what did happen to Kgray.

Your question about voting lurkers or non-voters suggests you missed all this information. Can you explain?
lol, is this Jamiet desperately trying to garner attention for his great acting job pretending how he wasnt aware Kgray was goo-goo-dolled?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm
Tinfoil theory time:

BunnyGo is the Alien.

He was super triggered by anyone yesterday expressing concern about the Alien or discussing ways to *find* the Alien.
Any why do you automatically assume the alien'd be dumb enough to do that?
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:58 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:23 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:59 am

Yes, it would appear so.

:eyeroll:

I am

jasnah, maniac, vecna, damo, worcej
k now give me reasons pls
jasnah for her attempts at towniness
maniac for being so unnoticeable
vecna for a lot of little things (like saying the alien role is really strong, but next post saying he hadn't read the setup, and then *next* post giving detailed info about infections and them spreading)
damo for not doing or attempting to do anything
worcej for various interactions that could concievably be svs with jasnah
Where did I say I didnt read the setup? All I said was that I didnt read the new setup after discussing it heavily in the signup thread to scan if anything was changed (since jamiet was implying things had changed due to GM council intervention
Also, that’s literally one little thing, and its wrong. What others you got?
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 pm
jasnah is beyond endearing, so nothing but <3

Vecna i dno, but he's always the best even if he's scum, so it doesnt really matter
It doesnt matter if Vecna is scum because hes just that good?
wtf?
This is literally EMC's stance in every game he plays. How is this the first time youre responding to it? Why now?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 pm
jasnah is beyond endearing, so nothing but <3

Vecna i dno, but he's always the best even if he's scum, so it doesnt really matter
It doesnt matter if Vecna is scum because hes just that good?
wtf?
Yes. That's a strange comment from EMC, I agreemc.
I guess every player just sort of always ignores EMC.

Big mistake.
jasnah wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 pm
jasnah's EFFORTPOST

Greetings earthlings and alien.

I am announcing myself as the public representative of Satellite Phone QT. I think we need such a person to bring town the juiciest gossip of the night and I've elected myself to do it for several reasons, one being that of Satellite Phoners I believe I'm the most likely to die or have my phone stolen soon.

I'm positive that there are at least 3 and likely 4 satellite phones in play; understanding 4 to be the maximum and trusting GMs to minimal level of competence I would estimate the number of phones in play at exactly 4. I think the sat phone QT is town majority and I'm almost certain it's at least two town, but at this time I don't think it's 4 town. I've confirmed the identity of one other member and I'm almost certain of a second identity.

Certain interactions lead me to believe based on very circumstantial evidence that Jamiet is somewhat more likely to be scum than I had previously anticipated, but only on a scum team that either is playing some 4D chess or invalidates a lot of what I wrote on D1.

Now time for everyone's favourite housekeeping. I would like to request that I'm scanned tonight. I believe I am an optimal scan for several reasons:
  • There is a decent chance that I will be flipped tomorrow, so, give the deputy info on his sanity.
  • If not flipped and later become town clear, I have rare quality of being able to lead town to victory, so one less scan available is no problem, just need to elect me your leader.
  • As a main wagon yesterday and the leading wagon around 1 hour before EOD, there was significant vote activity around me, and so fertile ground for all of you tryhards to farm pet theories regarding who I may be connected to.
  • I have night QT communication with likely 3 others who are passing on what I consider an acceptable amount of info.
I'll continue to update as circumstances develop, any questions, I know pew pew pew is fun, but please shout before you pull out the M16. I'm itching for a 1v1.

Town needs to hear from Vecna. Hopefully he has a new read for D2 that we'll be guaranteed to kill scum if we sheep. Where is he?
Ehm, no pressure, right?

Is someone in that QT faking using my name?

Im not in there. Theres a bunch of people im suspicious of that would deff try and masquerade as me.

Im getting some weird vibes this game for reasons I cannot quite explain

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:28 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:25 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:24 pm

You shouldn't be voting people out if you think they're town.
But the logical conclusion of this is that we should vote her out as to have the deputy scan be more useful.
I want to vote her out because I scumread her. It would also shed a lot of light on D1.

We don't know that the deputy's going to scan her just because she asked, and even if we were sure, wasting a daykill and one of the deputy's scans to confirm the deputy's sanity is not a good idea. Vote for scum.
Interesting Ghug-post.

Gunning for the person making that wall like that. Not especially an easy target.

Would be quite ballsy as scum

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:36 pm
jasnah wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:30 pm
@ ghug

Who do you think are my most likely scum partner? If/when I flip town, how would you reevaluate or not your conception of the scum team?
HR, lfischl, brain, Bunny, thamrick all look like they could have tried to save you; I'd expect at least two scum in that group. If you flip town, I know they didn't try to save you, and whether I can draw anything from the VCA comes down to Jamie's role. If yesterday was TvTvT, all I've got is vibes, which is a little fledgling townpool of Bob, emc, Maniac, Jamie, and I suppose brain.
This post is once again very disconnected from earlier posts.

If im not a townread, how come I dont get more flack for acting like a highschooler?

If im not a townread, then why were you concerned with me scumreading you?

Why do you townread Jamiet?

damo666

#2372 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
<snip>
....Now the question if you, Bona, are the jailer, how did you give yourself away (if at all)?
You're putting the cart before the horse here. You can't assume I'm scum, ask a loaded question, then use my response as proof I'm scum.
You are missing the point Bona. I was wondering how EMC picked up that you are jailer if indeed you are jailer and he did indeed pick it up.

What I am in fact doing is casting doubt on my own theory since you don't have an ultra distinctive giveaway posting style (content notwithstanding but that is probably not pertinent to jailer questionning).

ND

#2373 Post by ND » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:21 pm

That was my answer to Vecna

jasnah

#2374 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:21 pm

@Vecna

I refer to the original effortpost. Where I said I wanted to hear from Vecna. The reason I wrote this, was because several people had not yet posted in the night, at that time, and they were emc and Vecna. I was aware that emc had been jailed and wanted to soft that I recognized difference between his inactivity and Vecna's, and so, I called out Vecna.

ND

#2375 Post by ND » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 pm

There was a call gm on page 118. Answered. Sorry tired.

Bonatogether

#2376 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:19 pm
PART CINQO (that sounds enough like 5, rite?)
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:58 pm
vecna for a lot of little things (like saying the alien role is really strong, but next post saying he hadn't read the setup, and then *next* post giving detailed info about infections and them spreading)
Where did I say I didnt read the setup? All I said was that I didnt read the new setup after discussing it heavily in the signup thread to scan if anything was changed (since jamiet was implying things had changed due to GM council intervention
Also, that’s literally one little thing, and its wrong. What others you got?
Vecna wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:24 am
Its the strongest 3p role ever designed on webdip
Vecna wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:27 am
oh I didnt actually reread the setup to see the changes to the alien
Vecna wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:32 am
They even added that he can now also double infect by visiting the jailer or their target.

1/4 chance to infect more than 1 person every night :p

We better be on point with curing that shit or this game can be over mightily quick
My statement was not wrong.

Bonatogether

#2377 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:24 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:20 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
<snip>
....Now the question if you, Bona, are the jailer, how did you give yourself away (if at all)?
You're putting the cart before the horse here. You can't assume I'm scum, ask a loaded question, then use my response as proof I'm scum.
You are missing the point Bona. I was wondering how EMC picked up that you are jailer if indeed you are jailer and he did indeed pick it up.

What I am in fact doing is casting doubt on my own theory since you don't have an ultra distinctive giveaway posting style (content notwithstanding but that is probably not pertinent to jailer questionning).
Why are you assuming that I am jailor? I don't see why you're doing that.

damo666

#2378 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:25 pm

jasnah wrote:
OK, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I move that we not have a runaway wagon like 15 hours into a day where we desperately need to DK scum. Last night and yesterday I was a lot more chill about town's position, but as I became more and more certain emc was going to be modkilled and was town, combined with HR the town effortposter dead, it became more important to cut down on the waste of scarce public resources.

Everyone is aware of the case for and against Bona. For better or for worse he's been in the limelight long enough that we all know how and why we would kill him off. In the meantime we ought to reinvigorate public discourse and focus attention on some new areas of deliberation.

##vote thamrick
OK I interpret this as EMC not having imparted anything daminin to jasnah and sheeping is no longer advocated though of course still entirely reasoanble.

##unvote

Bonatogether

#2379 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:25 pm
jasnah wrote:

##vote thamrick
OK I interpret this as EMC not having imparted anything daminin to jasnah and sheeping is no longer advocated though of course still entirely reasoanble.

##unvote
This sets off a lot of alarm bells but I can't figure out why.

brainbomb

#2380 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:25 pm
jasnah wrote:

##vote thamrick

##unvote
you seem to be really struggling to find an easy person to camp on today.