Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#2281 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 am
@ Vecna It's a warm, fuzzy feeling. Like hot chocolate with a little too much sugar, or three people alliances with one too many person. That's what a headache feels like right?

@damo First of all, town should always sheep me. You're clearly smarter than I believed as you recognize this fundamental truth when so many still live in denial.

However, whether or not I have a reliable knowledge of who is MP, you still would have to consider whether you think I'm town, making you right, or you think I'm not town, making you wrong. If I'm not town I don't have much interest in booting out the real MP, unless either the MP is someone like Bona, and makes for a happy coincidence that I can remove them from the discussion, or I'm thinking of retaliation from other satellite phone holders (at least one of whom probably read the deleted comments, before they were deleted) if I disseminate falsehoods.

A long way of asking, damo my not friend, do you now think I'm town, or you think still I can likely be scum and willing to join my wagon in hopes I would bus teammate?
I would hardly be advocating sheeping you if I didn't think you were town would I?

Jamiet99uk

#2282 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 pm
1x Alien Ray Gun: A player is disintegrated. No body, no name, no role reveal. If used during the day phase, the player disintegrated will still be listed until the post end of day vote count. This circumvents night immunity. The only item that will nullify the effect of the Alien Ray Gun is the Alien Microbe Ray. See more about this below. Once used it is gone.
Oh. Wait. Shit.

Kgray and Thamrick have not posted in over 24 hours.

Could one of them have been disintegrated?
Jamiet also not applying this to Bozo. Bozo had also not posted at all at this moment, and it was not clear he was replaced at this time yet, was it?
The difference was that Bozo had not posted *at all* yet Kgray and Thamrick had posted early and then vanished.

Bozo was not replaced. Who do you think his replacement was? Bozo was just never dealt into the game in the first place because ND made a mistake.

Jamiet99uk

#2283 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:53 pm

VECNA: When you finish catching up please read my most recent 2 or 3 posts. Some of your theories are based on incorrect information.

damo666

#2284 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:55 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am
So I am guessing EMC was questioned his Jailer and he somehow thought he discovered the Jailer's identity and revealed this on sat phone. This would explain both the mod kill and the deleted/proscribed messages.

This is consistent with jasnah saying she may have already said too much.

I realise this is sort of 'gaming' but the info is out there so what the hell.

WE SHOULD ALL SHEEP JASNAH.

Anybody not doing so should be viewed with suspicion.
this idea is beyond miserable
I mean sure i also want to vote bona right now but sheeping jasnah is actually a horrible idea
you are well known for reading too far into things that dont exist, like saying that several should necessarily mean more than 2, when it clearly didnt
emc would likely me modkilled regardless of what he said over the phone, and jasnah didnt seem thrilled with talking about it largely because the gms said not to hence, saying too much
there are plenty of reasons to vote bona other than oh look i have a meta-meta tinfoil theory about how the gms are running the game and phone lines and 5g towers causing coronavirus
and also this kind of meta-meta gaming, even if it happens to be correct, which i doubt, is very unfun
i appreciate the attempt damo but you are very much jumping at the wrong straws here
How do you know? There is an outstanding question from Fox that the GMs have not answered and there are 3 players who have not posted today.

And please try and write such that your posts are easier to read.

TheMadMonarch

#2285 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 am

This is not good for Town. I wish Macca had read the setup more carefully.

We're pretty screwed now.
I read it. I saw that. However:

I still think you're scum, regardless of the scan. Plus, 4/5 remaining AREA-51 roles are mafia. I don't think you had any choice here then to claim AR, especially since BB already suggested it (you didn't have to even read the setup!).
What will you learn when I am revealed to be town? How will you use this lesson to become better at this game?
I will eat my hat, and then buy another one. This has happened before.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2286 Post by dargorygel » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Vote Count 3.02
Bonatogether (5) BunnyGo, BobMcBob, Jasnah, Damo666, Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk (2) Macca573, Bonatogether
Vecna (1) rdrivera2005
Foxcastle (1) Maniac
damo666 (1) brainbomb

Non-voters: celaph, Foxcastle, ghug, lfischl, thamrick, Vecna, worcej

Bonatogether has the most votes.

(Macca is endvoting)
Not enough posts: Maniac, Lfischl, thamrick, worcej

Approximately 1 Day and 10 hours remain in this phase.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2287 Post by dargorygel » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:06 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:29 pm
The night reveal post says "several" deaths although only 2 are listed.

There must be at least another death that is unreported.
##CALL GM: Does "several" in the flavor text mean that it is possible that more people died than were announced in the EON1 post?
"Several" meant more than one. 2 folk died. As reported. Nothing is hidden here.

damo666

#2288 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am
damo666 wrote:
So I am guessing EMC was questioned his Jailer and he somehow thought he discovered the Jailer's identity and revealed this on sat phone. This would explain both the mod kill and the deleted/proscribed messages.

Damo, I don't fully agree with your logic. Emc was modkilled because he posted in a QT while jailed. The content of what he posted doesn't mind and we shouldn't try to outguess GMs or pressure Jasnah about it.

This said, I also strongly townread Jasnah by now, but won't sheep him unless I agree with his vote. And I am torn on Bona. His behavior is obnoxious and anti-town today (sorry Bona) but not sure it's scum. Scum is probably relaxed and letting town tear apart as they are winning by a large margin. And I don't want another policy lynch.
I am not trying to pressure Jasnah. In fact I am trying to pressurise everyone BUT jasnah.

And for the record I am only advocating sheeping jasnah today.

damo666

#2289 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
damo666 wrote:

##CALL GM: Does "several" in the flavor text mean that it is possible that more people died than were announced in the EON1 post?
##CALL GM: Can we have an answer to this please.

damo666

#2290 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:03 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
damo666 wrote:

"Several" meant more than one. 2 folk died. As reported. Nothing is hidden here.
OK thanks for admitting the error ;) . Crosspost.

damo666

#2291 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:03 pm

##end

BobMcBob

#2292 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:55 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am
damo666 wrote:

this idea is beyond miserable
I mean sure i also want to vote bona right now but sheeping jasnah is actually a horrible idea
you are well known for reading too far into things that dont exist, like saying that several should necessarily mean more than 2, when it clearly didnt
emc would likely me modkilled regardless of what he said over the phone, and jasnah didnt seem thrilled with talking about it largely because the gms said not to hence, saying too much
there are plenty of reasons to vote bona other than oh look i have a meta-meta tinfoil theory about how the gms are running the game and phone lines and 5g towers causing coronavirus
and also this kind of meta-meta gaming, even if it happens to be correct, which i doubt, is very unfun
i appreciate the attempt damo but you are very much jumping at the wrong straws here
How do you know? There is an outstanding question from Fox that the GMs have not answered and there are 3 players who have not posted today.

And please try and write such that your posts are easier to read.
actually youre wrong, darg just confirmed it

please shut up with your stupid oh look at me im so clever for attempting to glean nonexistent information from the gms with my stupid tinfoil theories

Vecna

#2293 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:26 pm
Can we not touch the Who is Online feature
No. I actually called for that feature to be removed after it was brought to my attention, as you're probably aware. However, I got no support from this community, and my request was treated very dismissively by the site Admins without a second thought. So there we go.
Random, in-between thing. Will it still help if we go spam that thread? Ill fully support this endeaver in case I Havent yet (I dont think I have, but I know I should and want to destroy that feature).

Vecna

#2294 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:12 pm

PART UNO

Guess ill continue in a wall-post in word, so y’all can stop hating on me for spamming the thread.
Responses in bold for easier spotting
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:48 pm
lfischl wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Oh. Wait. Shit.

Kgray and Thamrick have not posted in over 24 hours.

Could one of them have been disintegrated?
why them though.
kgray makes sense if scum randomed the gun - she's a good player and has demonstrated a strong ability to solve.

IDK much about thamrick. I think I've maybe played one game with them? So if so, I'd say it was a legacy player hip-firing for the thrill of it.
This post does not read as scum though (if scum indeed vaped Kgray)
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:49 pm
thamrick shot would come from town or 3p. a kgray shot would only come from scum or vecna
How is brainbomb unaware of my extremely strong early read on Thamrick? If anyone wouldve shot Tham it wouldve been me. And id never shoot Kgray this early unless I was scum
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:50 pm
(vecna once hipfired vash for no reason)
Ive pretty much almost hipfired. Including that vig that would die if he hit non-scum. 2 scum in a row baby
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:55 pm
I dont think vecna would actually hip fire as town after he learned his lesson tho
If I had a gun it wouldve gone off d1 for sure.
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:04 pm
celaph is town I would think based on their posts
Odd read. Celaph hasnt done much town-indicative at all up untill this point. No wall posts, no train of thoughts. Also, brain strongly refrained from reading Celaph in the mini game. Im surprised by this call
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:48 pm

I don't think it's really reasonable to expect people not to respond to things that weren't addressed to them.
In this case, emc is probably right, and I wasn't paying attention to the wagons to make the connection myself.

But there are going to be times when someone is trying to catch scum out in a contradiction or something, and some townie isn't going to resist opening his flaptrap to blow the operation away just to run their nubby little fingers over the keyboard.

I feel this exchange so forced. Like, "look at me, I am so towny trying to give lessons about how town should behave. I am the towniest of townies".

Blah.
Liking this Rdrivera post. Not extremely AI, but it points to some critical thoughts about the game and calling out the type of people that mostly go unnoticed by the majority. Also fox instantly bites in the next post, defending that “he does it in every game” – which is exactly the type of reason why he’d do it as scum.
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:24 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:17 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:08 pm

jasnah's personality is so awesome and I hope she plays here forever more. The scum slip catch by bona is incredibly weak, however Fox beat me to it already with the fact the response from her was scummy. In general, a null lean from me.

Jamie's wagon is at least one joke vote from me, but I do find something of interest: normally Jamie pounces on these dumb scumslips and uses all sorts of fonts and colors to make everyone aware of it, but this time all he did was go ""OOoooooooh" and then focus back on my vote. I don't like the lack of freak out and blatant yelling about the slip.
You simultaneously think the potential scumslip by Jasnah was very unlikely to be a real scumslip, yet at the same time you scumread me for not making an enormous fuss about it?

I'm insulted.
Dude, you gotta admit, you've tried to turn some of the smallest possible slips into major issues all the time.
Strong reason to townread Worcej here. Genuine callout of Jamiet + response
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:28 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:13 pm
I feel this exchange so forced. Like, "look at me, I am so towny trying to give lessons about how town should behave. I am the towniest of townies".

Blah.
I think it's pretty obviously forced/played up as a joke, but not to seem towny.
This was such a strange take of EMC. Why say this at all? Whats the mindset behind it to say this?
Edit: probably referring to the Ghug part of it. Still odd.

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:30 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:29 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:28 pm

I think it's pretty obviously forced/played up as a joke, but not to seem towny.
It was a joke? Then sorry. I sometimes have problems to get jokes.
I thought it was a joke, but maybe not lol. @Foxc
How could he possibly interpret fox' part as a joke? so confusing
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:39 pm
I am having a hard time voting again, no strong scumread. Of the current wagons, I can see a case from jasnah, but not really strong.

Am I turning into emc?
I also dont really think Rdrivera makes these types of posts as scum. Gonna just go ahead and townread him
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:51 pm
Would say it's kinda scummy except that it doesn't match what I recall of your scum meta.
bravo. At least he ended the interaction well. I guess.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:55 pm
@
celaph
Hellenic Riot
kgray
rdrivera2005
thamrick

Those of you who have not been disintegrated by otherworldly technology, are you planning to vote? Will you be on at EoD?
I intend to vote, yes. And I will be on at EOD.

I don't want to vote Jasnah right now to avoid a runaway wagon, but she is my choice between current wagons.

I am not having great feelings about Bunny and Brain (OMGUS maybe) but not enough to try to start a new wagon.
I like these scumreads too
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:19 pm
Thamrick was last online 25 hours ago.

@HR, lfischl, Celaph, Bona, BobMcBob: You are currently all in a classic full-press Diplomacy game which Kgray is also playing in. Has Kgray exchanged press with any of you within the last 12 hours or so?
This is out of game and should not be a factor.
I think this is also not a statement you make as a scum that knows Kgray is vapo-rubbed. Wifom-y reasoning, but it just feels town calling out someone about to scumread Kgray for being inactive while being active elsewhere, and using that OOG stuff.
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:19 pm
Thamrick was last online 25 hours ago.

@HR, lfischl, Celaph, Bona, BobMcBob: You are currently all in a classic full-press Diplomacy game which Kgray is also playing in. Has Kgray exchanged press with any of you within the last 12 hours or so?
this seems like an unfair attempt to circumvent the game. OGI.

but If its not illegal one wonders why kgray has also gone invis. ive not seen her browsing forum at all today
She has been invis for quite a while? Also in the mini. This feels like the less genuine way of interacting with this topic, but I can sense the confbias creep in a bit on Brain.
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm
lfischl wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:35 pm
I got a message from kgray in the dip game about 15 minutes ago.
oh thats good so shes just hiding
Why is "just hiding" the reaction?

Either she's lurking on purpose, and thats worrying

Or she is dead.

This reaction feels FAKE.[/b]

Foxcastle

#2295 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Technically, "several" means more than 2...

damo666

#2296 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Technically, "several" means more than 2...
Thank you Fox

brainbomb

#2297 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Jasnah, your math is wrong, Item Thief likely has an item by now. so the only scum youd catch is the gunman.

brainbomb

#2298 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:24 pm

EMC died with his phone and was unable to be stolen from.

so if your item was stolen you're a clear now Harry!

brainbomb

#2299 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 pm

So infection appears on death too right?

brainbomb

#2300 Post by brainbomb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:42 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 am
##GM NOTE
for the bot
(and for enquiring minds)

EMC was found later... his tongue apparently pulled out by pliars. Official work, no doubt, keeping order. HIs face was sad.

e.m.c^42 has died. He was Al Barthomolew Einstein, a Vanilla Townie.

He was gripping the remains of a satelite phone.
@vecna I assume you saw this but you seem to be under the impression emc was janitored.

My question is if emc was infected by the alien, then it would possibly out walkie chat as having the alien. and it would mean jailor is infected. meaning the spread was a higher yield.

but since emc did not die as infected or having alien DNA, it means walkie chat does not contain Alien most likely