Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheMadMonarch

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#2241 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:29 pm
I haven't read since page 81, and I won't be online for the first half of D2. However:

##VOTE jamie
##END
If you are not going to be able to catch up later, why the fuck are you endvoting?

This is directly anti-town, shitty fucking behaviour and I don't care if my reaction seems OMGUS, but ##VOTE MACCA

If you can't participate, fuck off and sub out.
I got an extension on the assignment that I was gonna have to spend all my time on tonight, so now there's time for mafia.

TheMadMonarch

#2242 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 pm
holy heck jasnah looks awful on page 92
welcome to my scum list again jas
i kinda wanna push for a bona kill but im not quite convinced enough hes scum instead of obnoxious town
How? Jas looks great!

TheMadMonarch

#2243 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am

jasnah wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 pm
I'll do EON reads. I won't be analyzing these and most if not all requests for me to show my work will not be entertained. I don't like explaining myself and there's too much of import at this EON for us to start having the serious talks until after it goes through.

Confirmed town
Emc

I like these people
Maniac
Bob McBob
Celaph
lfischl
worcej

Grudgingly, I'll town lean this individual
Ghug

I don't like these people
Damo
Bona
Macca

Giving me a headache. Someone else sort these individuals out
Jamiet
HR
Vecna

If I didn't write your name, you're not yet important enough for me to concern myself with you.
I like you!

TheMadMonarch

#2244 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:37 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 am
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:07 am
Jamie if youre really Alien Researcher youre basically outted now. tell us more
I'm afraid so.
ND wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:37 pm
In addition, the Deputy does not differentiate between Mafia members who work at AREA-51 and town PR’s that work at AREA-51. The Alien Researcher and potentially 0-2 Miller’s.
This is not good for Town. I wish Macca had read the setup more carefully.

We're pretty screwed now.
I read it. I saw that. However:

I still think you're scum, regardless of the scan. Plus, 4/5 remaining AREA-51 roles are mafia. I don't think you had any choice here then to claim AR, especially since BB already suggested it (you didn't have to even read the setup!).

TheMadMonarch

#2245 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:37 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:20 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 am

I declare you wrong.
Strictly speaking, odds are you're mafia. This is such a clean excuse for you to survive a few nks. I call bs
How. If so, why is there no counter-claim? If I am lying, the real Alien Researcher would counter-claim me. Indeed I hereby call on them to do so.
a) it could be kgray
b) they might not cc you for their own safety. The alien gets a kill, and would almost certainly use it on an AR.
c) I don't trust you.

jasnah

#2246 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:44 am

I consider not cc'ing to be anti-town, not overwhelmingly so given the lack of protective role in this setup, but anti-town nonetheless.

Not cc'ing now and being allowed to cc later is a great way to give mafia late game claim space and run a large risk of DK'ing a town PR because our shits and giggles wanted to YOLO in on the prospect of another hidden PR.

Also, Jamie's only choice wasn't to claim AR, he could as easily have claimed to have been gently visited last night by Man in Black, which isn't particularly farfetched when he was one of the main accused yesterday.

If there's real AR and they aren't cc'ing, Jamie lives and gets to be semi-clear.

Vecna

#2247 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:17 am

before catching up, what was this nonsense I saw in your EoN reads about me giving you a headache jasnah?

damo666

#2248 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

So I am guessing EMC was questioned his Jailer and he somehow thought he discovered the Jailer's identity and revealed this on sat phone. This would explain both the mod kill and the deleted/proscribed messages.

This is consistent with jasnah saying she may have already said too much.

I realise this is sort of 'gaming' but the info is out there so what the hell.

WE SHOULD ALL SHEEP JASNAH.

Anybody not doing so should be viewed with suspicion.

damo666

#2249 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 am

* 'by' before 'his jailer '

damo666

#2250 Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 am

##vote Bona

BobMcBob

#2251 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:29 am

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 am
The alien ray gun was almost certainly held by the Secretary, the Man in Black, or the MP.

Alien, the only other evil with an item, shouldn't waste the ray gun early in D1 when it could be so useful in gaining a late-game edge, and if town hip fired kgray then vegged they deserve to lose.

Therefore there are two remaining unaccounted for mafia items that were held from D1, and one alien item.

Aside from emc there are two more N1 sat phone claims. Macca also claims to have been holding a base pass N1. Already me + two other N1 sat phones + Macca can't all be evil, assuming Macca's not lying about his base pass, which is a minimum but tolerable start.

Anyone else who can credibly claim that they had an item N1 is cleared from being item thief or gunman, and if they come forward we'll have a pool of >4 people of which maximum 3 can be scum.
you lost me on this logic
scum can still receive items, so anyone with a phone is in no way cleared of being scum
i believe there are scum that do not receive items but even so I dont see how this logic functions

jasnah

#2252 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 am

@ Vecna It's a warm, fuzzy feeling. Like hot chocolate with a little too much sugar, or three people alliances with one too many person. That's what a headache feels like right?

@damo First of all, town should always sheep me. You're clearly smarter than I believed as you recognize this fundamental truth when so many still live in denial.

However, whether or not I have a reliable knowledge of who is MP, you still would have to consider whether you think I'm town, making you right, or you think I'm not town, making you wrong. If I'm not town I don't have much interest in booting out the real MP, unless either the MP is someone like Bona, and makes for a happy coincidence that I can remove them from the discussion, or I'm thinking of retaliation from other satellite phone holders (at least one of whom probably read the deleted comments, before they were deleted) if I disseminate falsehoods.

A long way of asking, damo my not friend, do you now think I'm town, or you think still I can likely be scum and willing to join my wagon in hopes I would bus teammate?

jasnah

#2253 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:29 am
jasnah wrote:
The alien ray gun was almost certainly held by the Secretary, the Man in Black, or the MP.

Alien, the only other evil with an item, shouldn't waste the ray gun early in D1 when it could be so useful in gaining a late-game edge, and if town hip fired kgray then vegged they deserve to lose.

Therefore there are two remaining unaccounted for mafia items that were held from D1, and one alien item.

Aside from emc there are two more N1 sat phone claims. Macca also claims to have been holding a base pass N1. Already me + two other N1 sat phones + Macca can't all be evil, assuming Macca's not lying about his base pass, which is a minimum but tolerable start.

Anyone else who can credibly claim that they had an item N1 is cleared from being item thief or gunman, and if they come forward we'll have a pool of >4 people of which maximum 3 can be scum.
scum can still receive items, so anyone with a phone is in no way cleared of being scum
i believe there are scum that do not receive items but even so I dont see how this logic functions
What do you not understand? My post was very clear. I don't want to have to lower myself to ELY5 because you're not in fact 5, despite all appearances.

Jamiet99uk

#2254 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 am

Good morning

##VOTE BONATOGETHER

(Good work so far, Jasnah)

Jamiet99uk

#2255 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 am
ND wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:37 pm
In addition, the Deputy does not differentiate between Mafia members who work at AREA-51 and town PR’s that work at AREA-51. The Alien Researcher and potentially 0-2 Miller’s.
This is not good for Town. I wish Macca had read the setup more carefully.

We're pretty screwed now.
I read it. I saw that. However:

I still think you're scum, regardless of the scan. Plus, 4/5 remaining AREA-51 roles are mafia. I don't think you had any choice here then to claim AR, especially since BB already suggested it (you didn't have to even read the setup!).
What will you learn when I am revealed to be town? How will you use this lesson to become better at this game?

BobMcBob

#2256 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am
So I am guessing EMC was questioned his Jailer and he somehow thought he discovered the Jailer's identity and revealed this on sat phone. This would explain both the mod kill and the deleted/proscribed messages.

this idea is beyond miserable
I mean sure i also want to vote bona right now but sheeping jasnah is actually a horrible idea
you are well known for reading too far into things that dont exist, like saying that several should necessarily mean more than 2, when it clearly didnt
emc would likely me modkilled regardless of what he said over the phone, and jasnah didnt seem thrilled with talking about it largely because the gms said not to hence, saying too much
there are plenty of reasons to vote bona other than oh look i have a meta-meta tinfoil theory about how the gms are running the game and phone lines and 5g towers causing coronavirus
and also this kind of meta-meta gaming, even if it happens to be correct, which i doubt, is very unfun
i appreciate the attempt damo but you are very much jumping at the wrong straws here

BobMcBob

#2257 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am

jasnah wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 am
BobMcBob wrote:
jasnah wrote:

What do you not understand? My post was very clear. I don't want to have to lower myself to ELY5 because you're not in fact 5, despite all appearances.
what are you going to narrow it down to?
a pool of 4 people of which at most 3 can be scum?
how on earth is that in any way helpful?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2258 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

Damo, I don't fully agree with your logic. Emc was modkilled because he posted in a QT while jailed. The content of what he posted doesn't mind and we shouldn't try to outguess GMs or pressure Jasnah about it.

This said, I also strongly townread Jasnah by now, but won't sheep him unless I agree with his vote. And I am torn on Bona. His behavior is obnoxious and anti-town today (sorry Bona) but not sure it's scum. Scum is probably relaxed and letting town tear apart as they are winning by a large margin. And I don't want another policy lynch.

Jamiet99uk

#2259 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am
jasnah wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

A pool of 4 people containing 1-3 scum would be pretty useful.

jasnah

#2260 Post by jasnah » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:57 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 am
jasnah wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

Contingently, the suggested is useful because it leads us toward a situation where potentially almost everyone alive can be cleared from being item thief or gunman, leaving just two or slightly more people who are confirmed to be item thief and gunman because they didn't start with items.

Intrinsically, it's useful because until AR and deputy come into effect, this is the closest this set up gives us to mech confirms. I'm sure you can understand this, that you can consult your star signs and your tarot cards for days and see what they say about the number of exclamation marks so and so writes or how many times they yell 'sCuMsLeEp!!!' or how pissed off they get at your chickenshit pseudopsychology, all of that is ultimately speculative. Process of elimination through item ownership meanwhile is mechanical. It doesn't lie. And it's as near as you can get to "knowing" in the rigorous sense.