MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6161 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:43 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:37 am
Telling everyone you want to be nightkilled... now that's WIFOM.

Look, I agree with you that brain's town, but it's also clear that he's ruffled enough feathers and hasn't claimed assertively enough for him to be the likeliest of nightkills, and applying your general template for optimal play by alignment is missing the fact that he's brainbomb, which changes things, just as there's mechanical info that should be informing your reads on me and Macca.

I continue to think you're just really eager town, but you really need to step back and consider if there are better ways to be useful than applying shoddy rubrics to everyone with little care.
The whole roleblock thing seems weird to me regarding macca and you, but it doesn't clear or incriminate either of you. You could be mafia, but someone else did the n1 kill, and macca could be unlucky town (or maybe the fact that damo claimed docsave means the macca rb means nothing). Again, I'm not trying to solve or make a big reads list here, but to rule out certain alignments for players. I agree that brain being brain screws with it somewhat, but I still think something can be figured out from it.

Ezio

#6162 Post by Ezio » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:46 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 am
Ezio wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:27 am

Keep doing you bona. You're probably better off ignoring them when you get asked dumb, accusatory questions.
But town should always be explaining why they're doing things?
A common misconception but highly inaccurate. Town needs to make sure other town have the best chance of finding the scum. That is it. Everything else is fabricated.

Sometimes/frequently it's correct to overexplain as town, so if you make a mistake others can correct you and lead you on the correct path. At other times, you will lead others down the correct path.

If what you say/are thinking is correct but will not convince others, and gives mafia insight to what your plans are, it can absolutely be correct so keep it silent.

Furthermore, if you are getting sidetracked/distracted by trying to explain yourself all the time, you might find it better off just focusing on what you're doing. Do whatever you gotta do to help town the most.

Ezio

#6163 Post by Ezio » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:53 am

Ezio wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:46 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Keep doing you bona. You're probably better off ignoring them when you get asked dumb, accusatory questions.
A common misconception but highly inaccurate. Town needs to make sure other town have the best chance of finding the scum. That is it. Everything else is fabricated.

Sometimes/frequently it's correct to overexplain as town, so if you make a mistake others can correct you and lead you on the correct path. At other times, you will lead others down the correct path.

If what you say/are thinking is correct but will not convince others, and gives mafia insight to what your plans are, it can absolutely be correct so keep it silent.

Furthermore, if you are getting sidetracked/distracted by trying to explain yourself all the time, you might find it better off just focusing on what you're doing. Do whatever you gotta do to help town the most.
For example: if you are doing something explicitly to see how other people react, you should probably not tell ppl that. You are keeping a secret from the rest of the town about your thought process (you should probably clue them in at some point).

@ghug
@bob
@kgray

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6164 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:01 am

Ezio wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:53 am
Ezio wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

For example: if you are doing something explicitly to see how other people react, you should probably not tell ppl that. You are keeping a secret from the rest of the town about your thought process (you should probably clue them in at some point).

@ghug
@bob
@kgray
webDip doesn't have the necessary breadth of emojis to give this its warranted response.

Donny Dude

#6165 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:05 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:01 am
Ezio wrote:
Ezio wrote:

@ghug
@bob
@kgray
webDip doesn't have the necessary breadth of emojis to give this its warranted response.
What is your response ghug instead of emojis.

BobMcBob

#6166 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:11 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:12 am
@Bob:
kgray wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 pm
Finally, a good outcome. Not sure what HR was thinking with those repeated, obvious lies, but we got him.
What did you think he was obviously lying about?
The fact that he had a mechanical guilty on you? He repeated that numerous times. The fact that he could mechanically clear himself was pretty obvious too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6167 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:13 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:05 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:01 am
Ezio wrote:

@ghug
@bob
@kgray
What is your response ghug instead of emojis.
I mean the general sentiment is right but then he @ed me cause he's a troll.

Donny Dude

#6168 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 am

My brain seems to think that the spy stuff between bona and bunny could be an attempt to distract from conversation on Ghug's slip, but then it went on to how to act as town , so not likely at all.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6169 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:22 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 am
My brain seems to think that the spy stuff between bona and bunny could be an attempt to distract from conversation on Ghug's slip, but then it went on to how to act as town , so not likely at all.
You think I slipped, Donny?

Donny Dude

#6170 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:22 am
Donny Dude wrote:
I don't think so, I read it multiple times out loud, but I do see why it one could see it as a slip. I seem to recall and this is faint that you do write differently in the scum qt versus ingame. I now took a look at night 5 m60 qt and it did seems a bit different than what you post. It reads different than looking through your posts from above.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6171 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:48 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 am
ghug wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
I don't think so, I read it multiple times out loud, but I do see why it one could see it as a slip. I seem to recall and this is faint that you do write differently in the scum qt versus ingame. I now took a look at night 5 m60 qt and it did seems a bit different than what you post. It reads different than looking through your posts from above.
Why would Bunny and bona be trying to distract from my slip if I didn't actually slip?

Donny Dude

#6172 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:50 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:48 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 am
ghug wrote:

Why would Bunny and bona be trying to distract from my slip if I didn't actually slip?
Ghug two different things.
But yeah it does not hold up to them covering for you, I would expect the conversation to be something more game related. So, it is a natural interaction. Maybe they enjoy spies?

BobMcBob

#6173 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:54 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:37 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:17 am

WIFOM in no way wins you this argument. You're the one making a claim about how brain would behave as a specific alignment.
Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with scum!brain, but it's kinda stupid to claim that as alien, because it likely draws an nk when they need to avoid nks as one of their top goals, sk, for the same reason, but more, and mafia, since people are gonna start asking why he's not dead when he's supposedly trying to draw the nk.
Telling everyone you want to be nightkilled... now that's WIFOM.

Look, I agree with you that brain's town, but it's also clear that he's ruffled enough feathers and hasn't claimed assertively enough for him to be the likeliest of nightkills, and applying your general template for optimal play by alignment is missing the fact that he's brainbomb, which changes things, just as there's mechanical info that should be informing your reads on me and Macca.

I continue to think you're just really eager town, but you really need to step back and consider if there are better ways to be useful than applying shoddy rubrics to everyone with little care.
I totally agree. It has really pained me reading this argument with bona over the past couple of pages, because it's just so... misinformed, and bad, and nonsensical, mostly from bona's side. Despite not being quite as anti-town in behaviour as D1, he continues to make me want to bash my head against a wall...

jasnah

#6174 Post by jasnah » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:06 am

@ brain bomb @ ghug

Lol you guys are going the wrong way. Not gonna lie, to go out of the game for a second, it's kind of annoying that when I say something you find objectionable your first thought is that 'one of the guys must have given her a paragraph to copy and paste'. Obviously I've never had an opinion of my own or be able to put one into words..

I'll write more later but only engage with people who are interested in doing right things, I already wrote who I like and who I'm voting tomorrow so it's not like I have much to do over the night :?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6175 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 am

jasnah wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:06 am
@ brain bomb @ ghug

Lol you guys are going the wrong way. Not gonna lie, to go out of the game for a second, it's kind of annoying that when I say something you find objectionable your first thought is that 'one of the guys must have given her a paragraph to copy and paste'. Obviously I've never had an opinion of my own or be able to put one into words..

I'll write more later but only engage with people who are interested in doing right things, I already wrote who I like and who I'm voting tomorrow so it's not like I have much to do over the night :?
I don't think I ever claimed you were being coached. Where are you getting that from?

Vecna

#6176 Post by Vecna » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 pm
DAY 2 RESULT:

"We must avoid yesterday's unfortunate mistake. Let's break into his room and find his identity papers!"

"Great idea!"

So the mob broke down the door of his room and quickly overturned all the furnishings in a search for evidence of their suspect's innocence.

"Ha! No papers here, he must be a crook! Let's get rid of the creep"

The mob murmured their approval, then looked away as one of their number sliced a scalpel across the terrified victim's throat.

As a medical orderly mopped up the blood, there was an electronic hum as the medical records computer, off-line for several days, mysteriously flickered into life. On the screen flashed up the medical records of the newly deceased. Turns out he was admitted to the facility after his deranged fascination for geese and other poultry caused a series of alarming incidents. Quite mad, but not one of the Mafia gang.

VECNA HAS BEEN _______. He was NILS HOLGERSSON, a VANILLA PATIENT!
lol, that was good

celaph

#6177 Post by celaph » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:14 am

Macca573 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:39 am
celaph wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:29 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 am

Correct, although from what I've heard so far there's a significantly better reason for celaph than Macca.
This might be true, but I know one of these is definitely town and it's not Macca.
Strange, because I have the opposite opinion.
What's your opinion of my scumread of you from D2? I think it still applies here and is a much better reason to scumread you than anything related to HR.
celaph wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:01 pm
Macca hasn't seriously dug into any of the things that they have been commenting on. They've asked some decent questions and posted immediate reactions to what's happening, but it hasn't really manifested itself as decent reads. The one reads list they have posted has been rather superficial and mirrored existing sentiments heavily.

celaph

#6178 Post by celaph » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:42 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 am
So far, after reading Brain, Bunny, kgray, ghug, and Bona over, seems like
a) there's a bunch of role stuff that's pissing me off because some of you seem to be running some permutations ...and

b) Macca or Celaph might be D4 kills?
Macca should not be on the table based solely on the RB thing.
What are your opinions of them outside the RB thing?

BobMcBob

#6179 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:32 am

Ezio wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Ezio wrote:

This is solid advice bona. Try to take it on board as much as possible. It took me a while to figure most of this stuff out unfortunately. As to what actions help town most, Ezio may not always be the person to listen to...

BobMcBob

#6180 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 am

Ezio wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

@ghug
@bob
@kgray
[insert reaction here]