MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6021 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 am

So far, after reading Brain, Bunny, kgray, ghug, and Bona over, seems like
a) there's a bunch of role stuff that's pissing me off because some of you seem to be running some permutations ...and

b) Macca or Celaph might be D4 kills?

BunnyGo

#6022 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:21 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 am
a) there's a bunch of role stuff that's pissing me off because some of you seem to be running some permutations ...and

yup

Bonatogether

#6023 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:19 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:17 am
Bunny, I personally believe that your tinfoil theory is quite a bit less likely than mafia NK and docsave. It's simpler, requires less assumptions and twisting to get it to work. Also given the people who are likeliest to be aliens, the alien team doesn't seem like it's likely to be lacking *that* much experience. If damo was conspiracy theorist I'd say your theory would be much more likely, but he's not a direct threat and I expect aliens to save their kill for the endgame.
That's also a good point.
Did you ignore my message WHERE I QUOTED AND HIGHLIGHTED DAMO SAYING HE WAS DOC SAVED

BobMcBob

#6024 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:21 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

yup
Correct, although from what I've heard so far there's a significantly better reason for celaph than Macca.

BunnyGo

#6025 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 am
BunnyGo wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Bunny, I personally believe that your tinfoil theory is quite a bit less likely than mafia NK and docsave. It's simpler, requires less assumptions and twisting to get it to work. Also given the people who are likeliest to be aliens, the alien team doesn't seem like it's likely to be lacking *that* much experience. If damo was conspiracy theorist I'd say your theory would be much more likely, but he's not a direct threat and I expect aliens to save their kill for the endgame.
Did you ignore my message WHERE I QUOTED AND HIGHLIGHTED DAMO SAYING HE WAS DOC SAVED
No...but you didn't understand the response. The tinfoil theory is that the aliens tried to kill damo, because there's no way they wanted him alive and unroleblocked.

BobMcBob

#6026 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:27 am

Bonatogether wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Bunny's theory is that Macca performs NK, doc saves damo, aliens NK damo, aliens RB Macca. It is functional, but complex and imo significantly less likely than the alternative.

celaph

#6027 Post by celaph » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:29 am

BobMcBob wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

yup
Correct, although from what I've heard so far there's a significantly better reason for celaph than Macca.
This might be true, but I know one of these is definitely town and it's not Macca.

Bonatogether

#6028 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:29 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:27 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Bunny's theory is that Macca performs NK, doc saves damo, aliens NK damo, aliens RB Macca. It is functional, but complex and imo significantly less likely than the alternative.
but this doesn't implicate macca? im confused

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6029 Post by kgray » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:30 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 am

It is a reasonable alternative. So the mafia decided that damo's role is a threat to them? And the aliens decided to try and clear a dead man walking instead of dealing with an existential threat? This suggests the aliens don't have a lot of experience knowing that HR was dead even if he had been the jailor.

It also suggests the mafia team has no goons (not that they could have many). And that there is no SK, as an SK would never target damo.

Also that the mafia may not have any underdogs. It would have been clear to use a RB on a doctor last night to kill damo? That leaves: Governor, and Strongman?
Why do assume the alien team doesn't have a lot of experience? At the very least HR was on it, and he's one of the most experienced players here, no?

What no mafia goons?

Why do you think the SK couldn't just be holding?

And why no underdogs?

Basically where are any of these assumptions coming from?

Donny Dude

#6030 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:30 am

Looking at that other macca scum game from m49, Macca likes to storytell theories to target someone and prefers to posts reads as a large list. Another thing there is that he fakeclaimed like 3 times.
It does not seem like he has posted super large posts this game targeting specific people at first glance.

BunnyGo

#6031 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:30 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:29 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Everything bob (and others) have said is true. This theory requires the assumption that the aliens tried to kill damo.

But if that is correct, then where was the other NK?

Bonatogether

#6032 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:30 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

Everything bob (and others) have said is true. This theory requires the assumption that the aliens tried to kill damo.

Why the fuck would aliens not hold it

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6033 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:34 am

BobMcBob wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

yup
Yes; just got that from re-reading Damo.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6034 Post by kgray » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:52 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:49 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:47 am

In case you missed my answer already on this page that you already responded to...scroll up.
I do not see an answer to this question in your answer to this question.
Macca confessed to being RBd. They should have just been silent and denied it and let us kill HR.

But they didn't understand the full implications.

BUT this all fits in with the larger theory that you and kgray say is interesting but not your primary read (about damo being targeted by aliens)
I dare you to show me where I said this theory was interesting.

I understand that it's a scenario that could fit the facts but I don't find it particularly likely and I really dislike that there's talk of a Macca wagon just because they happened to be the aliens' RB choice.

BunnyGo

#6035 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am

kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 am

It is a reasonable alternative. So the mafia decided that damo's role is a threat to them? And the aliens decided to try and clear a dead man walking instead of dealing with an existential threat? This suggests the aliens don't have a lot of experience knowing that HR was dead even if he had been the jailor.

It also suggests the mafia team has no goons (not that they could have many). And that there is no SK, as an SK would never target damo.

Also that the mafia may not have any underdogs. It would have been clear to use a RB on a doctor last night to kill damo? That leaves: Governor, and Strongman?
Why do assume the alien team doesn't have a lot of experience? At the very least HR was on it, and he's one of the most experienced players here, no?

Targeting Macca for a RB with the idea that HR was going to get off? Why put HR in this position at all? I don't see a comfortable and experienced scum team here. I see either a scum team that feels cornered or one that is inexperienced.

What no mafia goons?

No. All but one are claimed discarded. Which does mean that damo is a threat to them too.

Why do you think the SK couldn't just be holding?
To what end? Do they not want to speed up the clock?

And why no underdogs?
Where are their actions? If mafia targeted damo and we had Hamilton as a known cop, why was Hamilton not roleblocked. I don't know if it was Hamilton that saved damo, but it seems foolish to both not use the strongman (if extant) AND not use a roleblock on the known doctor.

Basically where are any of these assumptions coming from?
Elementary, dear Watson.

BunnyGo

#6036 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Panic

Bonatogether

#6037 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Panic
Panic doesn't last a full night phase

BunnyGo

#6038 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:37 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

Macca confessed to being RBd. They should have just been silent and denied it and let us kill HR.

BUT this all fits in with the larger theory that you and kgray say is interesting but not your primary read (about damo being targeted by aliens)
I dare you to show me where I said this theory was interesting.

I understand that it's a scenario that could fit the facts but I don't find it particularly likely and I really dislike that there's talk of a Macca wagon just because they happened to be the aliens' RB choice.
Ah well, celaph is currently much more appealing. But needs must run through the finish line. Luck favors the prepared.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6039 Post by kgray » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:37 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:54 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

I'm still not getting it. Spell it out to me as if I'm your intellectual equal. How is confessing they were roleblocked confessing to being mafia?
Because it's an easy target for scum to pick without having to explain any sort of actual read. I'm surprised you're not supporting this ;)

TheMadMonarch

#6040 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:39 am

celaph wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

yup
This might be true, but I know one of these is definitely town and it's not Macca.
Strange, because I have the opposite opinion.