MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheMadMonarch

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#5981 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 am

Vecna wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:10 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:50 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:13 am

Macca, if you were saved last night or roleblocked you should claim. If it was something that could expose your role then think carefully if it's worth.
Yeah, I was roleblocked.

Strange that he thinks it's a clear though. JOAT's dead, so he's either Jailer or Alien Prober (assuming Bunny's telling truth about discard; He did RB me, not someone else {which he just guessed}).
AN INTERESTING REVEAL TO BE SURE. THE REAL QUESTION THEN IS, WHY ON EARTH WOULD SENATOR HR ROLEBLOCK THE VERY UN-PUBLIC PERSON THAT IS SENATOR MACCA.

SURELY, NO NOBLE WOULD EVER SHELVE OUT A FORTUNE TO HAVE SENATOR MACCA ASSASSINATED.

THE MORE LIKELY OUTCOME IS THAT SENATOR MACCA WAS INDEED VIOLATED MOST UNPLEASANTLY BY A FOREIGNER.
Loving this Vecna, please keep it up.

TheMadMonarch

#5982 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:12 pm
END of DAY 3

Mulder rubbed his temples. If anything, the light outside seemed to be falling. It was nearly mid-day. Something felt very strange.

He heard a vehicle pull up outside. He couldn't see it from the kitchen. Tensely he cracked open the door. It was just a mail van.

The mailman smiled as he approached, carrying some kind of package.

"Mr. Mulder?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Could you sign here please?"

As Mulder took the pen, he recoiled in shock as the mailman's hand suddenly shifted, rapidly turning black and forming into some kind of tentacle, oozing around his wrist as if liquid, yet with enough strength to prevent Mulder reaching for his gun. The smile remained locked on the mailman's lips, but his eyes turned the same liquid black. The tentacle twisted with sudden force and with horror he felt his wrist snapping.

Adrenaline and fear prevented Mulder screaming in pain as the mailman... or, the thing.... extended a second liquid, black tentacle. It hovered above his head, for a moment, and then...

A SHOT RANG OUT!

There was a loud blast. Mulder tumbled backwards as the alien suddenly released its grip on his arm.

The body of the mailman turned the same black colour from head to foot, oozing over itself. A large wound was apparent in what might have been the mailman's kidney area, if he had been a man. As the creature turned around, giving a low, unearthly howl, Mulder became aware of a man standing a few feet away.

The man looked familiar.

"Agent Doggett?" he murmured.

The wounded creature staggered towards Doggett, raising both tentacles. There was another loud report as Mulder's apparent saviour fired his shotgun again.

The thing fell to the ground, gushing and hissing. As the two men watched, its form quickly broke down until all that remained was an evil-looking black puddle, coating the porch steps like thick oil. It fizzed and hissed, burning into the timber and starting to disappear into the ground.

The shock and the pain suddenly caught up with Mulder. He blacked out.

------------------------------------

Hellenic Riot is dead, he was a Tentacled Horror, the Alien Psychotrooper!

Day has ended early
Night has begun
You may post!
Well. Not expected, but excellent nonetheless.

BunnyGo

#5983 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:03 am
<snip>
Also, what are you talking about, Macca was pressured into revealing they're a member of the mafia? Where did that happen?
Why was there no-kill yesterday? Why was damo allowed to scan again yesterday? Why did the aliens RB Macca instead of damo?

Theory:

Aliens decided to kill damo instead of RBing him.
They RB'd Macca.

That's only 1 NK though, the second was supposed to be performed by Macca. They were pushed to reveal that they'd be RB'd, without considering all the implications of what had happened.

Conclusion: If damo was targeted by the aliens for death, then Macca is mafia.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5984 Post by kgray » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:10 am

Macca573 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
END of DAY 3
What did you expect?

TheMadMonarch

#5985 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:13 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:10 am
Macca573 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
END of DAY 3
What did you expect?
The jailer or prober.
It makes sense though, he was probably told in QT who was getting done.

BunnyGo

#5986 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:13 am

Macca573 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:13 am
kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:10 am
Macca573 wrote:

What did you expect?
The jailer or prober.
It makes sense though, he was probably told in QT who was getting done.
Makes sense. Why do you think the aliens didn't probe damo?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5987 Post by kgray » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 am
kgray wrote:
<snip>
Also, what are you talking about, Macca was pressured into revealing they're a member of the mafia? Where did that happen?
Why was there no-kill yesterday? Why was damo allowed to scan again yesterday? Why did the aliens RB Macca instead of damo?

Theory:

They RB'd Macca.

That's only 1 NK though, the second was supposed to be performed by Macca. They were pushed to reveal that they'd be RB'd, without considering all the implications of what had happened.

I think it's more likely that aliens are holding their kill until they really need it, mafia tried to kill damo, and aliens didn't RB damo because they were too busy trying to clear HR (presumably because they know there's no jailor) and thought it was worth the shot at keeping HR and hoping that Damo didn't target one of them.

Especially because HR was the psychotrooper, so without the parrot targeting damo, if HR had made it out alive and as a relative town-clear, damo wouldn't have known whether he could trust his scans or not anyway.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5988 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 am

THanks Bunny. I have nothing but blanks in my N3 entries so I want to start running the voodoo down.

BunnyGo

#5989 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 am
BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:
<snip>

Theory:

They RB'd Macca.

I think it's more likely that aliens are holding their kill until they really need it, mafia tried to kill damo, and aliens didn't RB damo because they were too busy trying to clear HR (presumably because they know there's no jailor) and thought it was worth the shot at keeping HR and hoping that Damo didn't target one of them.

Especially because HR was the psychotrooper, so without the parrot targeting damo, if HR had made it out alive and as a relative town-clear, damo wouldn't have known whether he could trust his scans or not anyway.
It is a reasonable alternative. So the mafia decided that damo's role is a threat to them? And the aliens decided to try and clear a dead man walking instead of dealing with an existential threat? This suggests the aliens don't have a lot of experience knowing that HR was dead even if he had been the jailor.

It also suggests the mafia team has no goons (not that they could have many). And that there is no SK, as an SK would never target damo.

Also that the mafia may not have any underdogs. It would have been clear to use a RB on a doctor last night to kill damo? That leaves: Governor, and Strongman?

BunnyGo

#5990 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
THanks Bunny. I have nothing but blanks in my N3 entries so I want to start running the voodoo down.
I know all of those words, but the intention of the message eludes me.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5991 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:31 pm
So lets review facts
•The Aliens have a prober
•Ghug is confirmed not alien was RB n1
•Macca is confirmed not alien was RB n2
•Aliens are at max at 4 left alive

Speculatives:
•Aliens likely have not used kill
•Bozo was killed by another evil group or vig
•All invest roles would be invalid in findings
Here's how behind I am. Are you still standing by these facts or have they been refuted, challenged, whatever?

BunnyGo

#5992 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:28 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:31 pm
So lets review facts
•The Aliens have a prober
•Ghug is confirmed not alien was RB n1
•Macca is confirmed not alien was RB n2
•Aliens are at max at 4 left alive

Speculatives:
•Aliens likely have not used kill
•Bozo was killed by another evil group or vig
•All invest roles would be invalid in findings
Here's how behind I am. Are you still standing by these facts or have they been refuted, challenged, whatever?
The aliens have an extant prober
Ghug is probably not an alien by RB n1
Macca is probably not an alien by RB n2 (I suppose we can tinfoil that there's no prober, and Macca is an alien, and Ghug was RB by a mafia underdog)
Aliens can have many left alive

Aliens may or may not have used kill. I personally think leaving me and damo alive and un-roleblocked was a freebie to town
Bozo was probably killed by the mafia
All investigation roles had been invalid, but now the Psycho is dead. And as there were no dead last night, the coroner (if extant) can go back and re-examine bozo for a clean result.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5993 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 am

BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:
<snip>

Theory:

They RB'd Macca.

This is plausible, but I'd argue that a) the aliens were less likely to target damo at all once certain people made it clear he wasn't the conspiracy theorist and b) the prober is also investigative, and it probably makes more sense to use it that way early as opposed to rolebocking someone whose role was known.

Bonatogether

#5994 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am
Particularly curious about the line "I already stated that the best play for the player is to shift your town meta towards the best play for the faction". For one, why are you assuming that players can shift their play that precisely? I think a lot of reads are based on assumptions that players can't shift their play that well (see basically everyone's read on HB).
I've seen this type of thing before in other places where I've played mafia, so it could happen here too.
Secondly, if you could notice that someone is being more solve-y than they are as town, wouldn't that be a great reason to not act more solve-y and instead just try to imitate your town meta perfectly? Scumreading someone for being townier than usual sounds weird at first, but it's what I was doing with Maniac at the start of D2 and it's what you're trying to do now.

Your approach to finding SK is in itself a great reason for SK to not act like you expect them to.
But they can't radically change their play the other way now - it's n3 and things are pretty set. This point is moot unless they somehow got into my head days in advance.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5995 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:41 am

I feel like Bunny's scum trolling us and openly fishing for mech info because he knows he'll be toast eventually.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5996 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:42 am

kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:00 am

I agree: mechanically possible he's town PR. It was mechanically possible that HR was town too.

And Macca? Thoughts on him? My current theory:

He *was* role blocked. Didn't understand that as the scum doing the kill he could just say nothing and let us kill HR. And now he's been pressured into revealing that he's a member of the mafia.
Macca was also a wagon day 1. Has tightened up their play a little since then. But I can totally believe that HR pressured them into revealing themselves to be the mafia killer.
Why do you think Macca revealed themselves to be the mafia killer?
In case you missed this last page, Bunny.

BunnyGo

#5997 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:47 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:42 am
kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 am

Macca was also a wagon day 1. Has tightened up their play a little since then. But I can totally believe that HR pressured them into revealing themselves to be the mafia killer.
In case you missed my answer already on this page that you already responded to...scroll up.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5998 Post by ghug » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:47 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:42 am
kgray wrote:

In case you missed my answer already on this page that you already responded to...scroll up.
I do not see an answer to this question in your answer to this question.

BunnyGo

#5999 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:41 am
I feel like Bunny's scum trolling us and openly fishing for mech info because he knows he'll be toast eventually.
Nah, I'm gonna pull an aaro this game, just louder.

Got my towncore.

Got my scumreads. Throw Donny in that scumread list. Unlike bb's reaction, he was clearly piling on without actually caring or researching. Fits with his pattern this game in general (see his piling on Macca day 1).

Got my mechreads.

And got just scumread enough the scum will never try and kill me until it is too late.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6000 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:51 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:22 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
I know all of those words, but the intention of the message eludes me.
Just listening to Miles Davis. Not connected to the game. No crumbing.