Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Espi

Re: Webdiplomacy Fantasy Simulator I Sign Up

#61 Post by Espi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 pm

(A rather tall and handsomely dressed man hobbles toward you, in his hand is an ornate cane which he seems to be relying greatly on)

Lord Pavel Alfonso 'the Just' Young: Greetings future Barons! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Lord Young, and it is my great pleasure to have been assigned personally by King Thamrick, long may he live, to assist you in your endeavors. While I was returning from the deserts of Desical, some filty Duergar just outside of Tessilect ambushed us. Sadly one of the runts took my leg so I I won't be able to help you physically for some time as I fully recover. Praised be to the Three, they blessed me with a replacement.

(Lord Young faces each of you in turn)
My greetings Andoryn, I feel honored at your presence. When I heard that you had been selected for this role I never dreamed that you would decide to so grace us.

Yulish, your piety itself speaks leagues about you, I look forward to your counsel, and to have you around should something else try and take my other leg! (Lord Young gives a pleasant chuckle at his joke)

Liberatius, from what I gather, we share an equal regard for justice, I hope for the same reasons.

Avendi, when I asked my own scouts if they knew anything of you, I received more requests then I care to count for me to bring them along just so my men could work with you, I can't imagine a higher praise. I am glad to have your wilderness skills.

Tyson, when I also asked my men if they had heard of you, I was hounded by requests to purchase some of your horses, no finer in all the land aside from the Kings Own from what I am told. I have need of a new horse, my sweet Galladani sadly perished when a Duergar axe took my leg.

(Lord Young's voice becomes more stern)
And last but not least Xanthor, I've heard many a tale about your exploits. I do hope that you can keep your rage under control. This Kingdom is governed by Law and Order, I may not be fit to fight yet, but should such a time come I would rather have a weak man that I could trust to keep his place in the formation, than a strong man I worry will charge foolishly alone. Is that clear?

(Lord Young turns to the group as a whole)
King Thamrick may have chosen you as one of his new Barons, and given you a long leash, but he has assigned me to assist you as I see fit. The more you help me, the more I can utilize my connections to assist you. I will be in a nearby study resting my new leg, but I am more than willing to provide any counsel that you require should you seek me out.

(Turning to Uthwick)
They just made some wurst in the kitchens, and we got a fresh supply of weldleaf just came in, a kitchen boy will be bringing you some along shortly, don't wonder off too far or it might be cold by the time he tracks you down!
(Lord Young turns and hobbles off to a nearby study)

WarLegend

#62 Post by WarLegend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:17 am

Ahh when I signed up I thought this would start a bit later. I’m on vacation without a computer but I still have my phone so I can check in
———————————————————-

With that said, hi! I’m pretty new so I think that I would do best with just following along and reading to catch up. I am eager to learn and help though!

worcej

#63 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:18 am

Lord Pavel, you are too kind with your words! As soon as I have a horse available for you, I will surely send word to you!

Xanthor - while I understand and respect your towards the people, please keep in mind that this opportunity for us is due to the kindness of His Majesty. We will be sure to honor the people who join us, but respect must be given where it is due...

Andoryn - I respect the path you walk on and feel honored to have you among us! I think your suggestion of Esfillied would be wise - though we may need to spend some time clearing trees for my herds, but I believe as we grow we can develop pastures. I also agree with the stimulus package, since getting a herd of oxen going will take only a little bit of time.

Overall, I am very much a happy-go-lucky type of councilman. My strongest passion is raising my herds and ensuring their long-term success, which will also ensure ours :)

RagingIke297

#64 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Lord Pavel, I will do my best to be a part of the team and contain my zealousness.

Tyson, I understand that the king has provided us this opportunity and that the main goal of this barony will be to benefit the king. However, I want the common folks we gather underneath of us to be better off because of our arrival. I respect the king and appreciate the opportunity he is offering but I want to make clear that I will be against any decision that makes the king better off if it directly harms the residents of our barony

brainbomb

#65 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Uthwick: I have done many many hours of research!
I have good news.

First I want to talk about what kinds of pies we should bring on the journey. I procured 4 wagons from the cavalry for us. Thats enough to fill at least 2 wagons with pies. I was imagining the cream pies will go bad, but the fruit pies! oh yes, the fruit pies will be perfect for the journey.

I dont travel light my friends. I think between 2 wagons with pies, and 1 wagon with all of my maps, my boots, and many different pointy hats we may be very low on space in that final wagon for all of us to be riding in it. We may need to ask for extra horses just to have a place for us to sit!

So I found some info out about places

Desical is a desert, a distant coastal area. It would not be easy to farm there.
Darmor is the tundra, harsh, unforgiving and terrifyingly unsafe for little folk.

Esfillied is large, the King would like a western coastal barony able to begin continental trade routes to both Rodoripol and Gerinia. The farthest west coast is unsafe, and very far from here. His majesty would be willing to send a ship for safety and use by the barony but it would not arrive until phase 5 or 6. There are no roads to Esfillied's western coast. travel there would be risky by land. but a route must be obtained.

Theres many ways a barony could succeed in Esfillied, and frankly, we have plenty of pie, so we could mostly live off of the pie until then. Royal elves do love pie and would help us eat it.

As for Silde, it has numerous advantages, rivers, ocean, forests, and farmland. plus tons of empty plots of land ready to be claimed. strange.

And then of course, Gerinia. You really cant go wrong with Gerinia, its massive, so many plains, hills, farmlands, rivers, forests. there are many barons yes, but theyre far apart. roads have not been developed yet in Gerinia, at least not very well.
And of course theres that scumbag Emmerick who has taken over house Verlander and forced Verlanders daughter to marry him. Urgh. he makes my skin crawl.

(he aggressively shoves a peice of berry pie in his mouth)

Oh god, delicious.

What else, oh. Hanaved is a suitable place to settle. sheltered by a narrow mountain pass, a lone river flows through the area, places to harvest lumber, farm and mine. best of all worlds in a way! if you can avoid mountain lions and bears.

Tessilect is at war. probably not the smartest place to settle although it does have many open tracts of land in the southern region.

And of course, settling here in Rodoripol, close to the capitol. taxes are higher, and its much easier for your soldiers to be drafted up into some cause by the kings order if you are closer to here.

brainbomb

#66 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 pm

https://imgur.com/5WDbPsW
https://imgur.com/xicqw4y

Uthwick:
I have given you close ups of Silde and Esfillied by section here Youll note the western coast of Esfillied is huge, and there are many suitable places for a barony.

Esfillied Minor
44, 4
45, 8
47, 12
45, 16
36, 16 (Risky but centralized)

Esfillied Major
47, 18
47, 19
47, 22
48, 25?

As for Silde I highlighted a few locations we could establish a barony.
26, 12
27, 16
30, 15

And Bayern
36, 10

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:59 am

I'm not exactly sticking in character, but I am stupid busy right now. It's gonna be a little while before I can do much here.

brainbomb

#68 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:37 am

Webdiplomacy Simulator (Order of Business)
(Pregame may last 2-14 days depending on a variety of factors)

1. Signups

2. Pregame
a. Character lottery draft
b. Character selection process

3. Region selection process :!:
(here you will choose from the following territories)
  • Rodoripol –Plains, rolling hills and temperate climate.
    Tessilect – Hills and Mountains, frigid climate.
    Gerinia – Forests, Fields, Rivers, Ocean.
    Silde – Forests, Plains, Rivers.
    Bayern – Mountains, Ocean.
    Esfillied – Forests, Lush massive woodlands and rivers.
    Hanaved – Mountains, Hills, Forests.
    Darmor – Arctic, Forests, Ocean, Dry.
    Desical – Desert, Arid, Dry.

4. Population/Workforce selection process.
:!:
(Choose any 2 -- You begin with 2 Population. You will recieve the bonus for both options chosen)

Human - (+1 Population)
Halfling - (+1 Food)
Mountain Dwarves (Resistant to Magic, +1 Iron)
Hill Dwarves(Resistant to Magic, +1 Gold)
Half Orcs (All basic soldiers fight at +2 Atk, +2 Def)
Half Elves - (Provide Longevity bonus, Resistance to enchantment, Nightvision, Immunity to Poison)
Wood Elves - (Longevity, Immunity to Enchantment, Poison, Travel at normal speeds in Woodlands)
Royal Elves - (Longevity, Immunity to Enchantment, Poison, +1 Magic)
Gnomes - (Longevity, Improved Research, Seige Weaponry)

5. Stimulus Package selection
:!:
King Thamrick Offers: (Choose 1 stimulus option)

1. (3) Food, (2) Horses, (1) Stone
2. (2) Gold, (4) Oxen, (1) Pop
3. (1) Food, (1) Iron, (3) Wood

Current Charter:
No proposals

-10 days and 14.5 hours remain in Pregame phase-

PRINCE WILLIAM

#69 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 am

Greetings my lords, may the blessings of the Almighty be on to you. I am brother Yulish; the King asked if I was willing to leave my monastery and travel with you to the newly founded barony. With his royal missive and the blessing of the head of my order, I came along. Ι believe we can succeed and build a new home and create a respected barony.
Personally, I am in favour of Esfillied. It seems easier a place and with more opportunities for development. We can do this, my lords, as long as we keep true on our mission, and away from all things that cloud our judgment and destroy our mind such us drinking and taking vile potions.
On the population matter, I am more inclined towards human and elven people, both for their advantages and the nobility of their souls.
As I see the name of the God-cursed Emerick came up. He is an evil man, a warlord who’s ambitions are a threat to all of us, I am afraid that he’d like the crown on his head. He killed a reverent member of my order, father Michaelson, and his marriage, mind you that this happened against the will of his bride, legalised his usurpation of power and gave him a base of operation for expanding his territory. I am praying we won’t have to face him, but somewhere deep in me, I know that we will have to one day.

brainbomb

#70 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm

GM NOTE

Yavuzovic has joined the party as Falrin, the hobbit theif.

yavuzovic

#71 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 pm
11. Falrin – Hobbit, Thief. a small sneaky pickpocket. Falrin is considered a criminal and adds -1 morale, +1 corruption. Falrin can spy on other kingdoms once per phase, he cant attempt to pick a pocket, or assist with breaking into buildings. Passive Traits: (Criminal, Negative).
+2 Atk, +1 Defense
Why you said he cant? I think you wanted to say he can.

brainbomb

#72 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Correct yavu. Typo

yavuzovic

#73 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:24 pm

By the way I think Gerinia is better than Esfillied, we will have access to the forest and be near to the capital. What are it's cons?

brainbomb

#74 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:35 am

Uthwick: Hello little friend.

I see you are curious about the cons of various places. I dont get out much. Im afraid all I know is that theres always dangerous things out there in the world.

Esfillied the dangers are likely roving monsters, untamed wild forests, difficult land to clear, and risky trade routes.

Silde is probably not dangerous, but one does wonder why so many baronies lie vacant or delinquent in Silde.

and as for Gerinia, we know that foul man Emmerick is out there. but mostly its a safe land full of lush rolling grasslands.

Cons? I could do some research if youd like?

Espi

#75 Post by Espi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:28 am

Lord Pavel: Xanthor I am pleased to hear your words. I will, of course, expect you to honor them.

Ahh, our Sneak has joined us at last. Greetings Falrin, I hope that you keep yourself out of trouble. Gerinia is a fine place to make residence, however the Traitor Emmerick now has control of Castle Verlander as Uthwick says. He has renounced King Thamrick and will stop at nothing to attack your Barony as soon as he discovers you are at his doorstep. Should you manage to regain the Castle I am sure that King Thamrick can be persuaded to reward you, perhaps even with the Castle itself. It is set in a very strategic location, and would be a very fine acquisition.

brainbomb

#76 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am

Uthwick: Lord Pavel is right. He is a smart man. Emmerick should of course be stopped.

The King offers (25) gold for Emmericks head. It could be a worthy pursuit if we choose Gerinia. Though a difficult task behind those Walls. His men are brutal they say.

brainbomb

#77 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:01 am

Uthwick: I confess I delved a bit too much into my stash last evening and I awoke out by Fralicks old Tavern. I misplaced a number of things. Namely our um...

Wagon work order.

So, I am going to have to find that thing. I also misplaced a number of my maps which had good spots to settle. I recall at roughly 11, I was deep as it gets in a contest with a Hill Dwarf to see who could drink more Honey Mead.

After defeating him I blacked out. I think I smoked a significant portion if weldweed and potentially was banned from the establishment.

Worst of all.
All the wurst is gone.

Kench

#78 Post by Kench » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Good evening, fellow councillors. Some further thoughts, following our advisors' most recent comments:
  • I am still in favour of settling in Esfillied, for the reasons stated previously. However, I take on board that it is vital to be near to the capital if possible, for the sake of trade routes. Having looked at the map, I think the proposal for hex 36,16 makes sense, despite its apparent riskiness.
  • I am not personally in favour of expending resources this early in an attempt to tackle Emmerick in the castle in Gerinia. If we establish ourselves in Esfillied first, I think it might be a project worth pursuing - I take Brother Yulish's point that he is a menace as long as he survives - but I do not think we should be hasty about it.
  • Now that we have a capable spy in our midst, perhaps the time we take to establish ourselves could also be used to allow him to learn more about Emmerick and what defensive forces exist in Gerinia, so that as and when we decide to attempt to overthrow him we will not be entering blind?
To get us started, I will at make some official proposals, in order to ensure that when the deadline arrives, we are not entirely without decisions! Feel free to give your thoughts, whether in support of or against them!

##Proposal 0.1 - Establish a barony in Esfillied, hex 36,16

##Proposal 0.2.1 - Select Wood Elves for our first starting population
##Proposal 0.2.2 - Select Humans for our second starting population

##Proposal 0.3 - Accept the King's gracious offer of (3) Food, (2) Horses, (1) Stone

I do not recall whether a clear decision was made on the exact voting process to be implemented, so I would value some clarification from Uthwick or Lord Pavel if they are able to offer it. As a safety measure,

##Vote Yes - Proposals 0.1, 0.2, 0.3

I look forward to continuing these valuable discussions, Councillors!

A

yavuzovic

#79 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:34 pm

How do you vote proposal 0.2?
And my personal votes are
##Vote yes on proposals: 0.1, 0.2.1 (We will be in forest - Wood Elves could be better decision.), 0.3

Kench

#80 Post by Kench » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:21 pm

For clarity, with Proposal 2 I thought it made sense to group the two population items into one proposal, but to split them into two sub-proposals in order to give people the option of voting for one part but not the other. But if you are in agreement with all the sub-proposals, pou can just vote on favour of the whole grouped proposal, as I did.

But if other councillors think that is too complicated, I'll happily restructure it as two separate proposals...

A