MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#4621 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 am

kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:01 am
Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:56 am
Once again, ghug can confirm like 95% of my games in the past were figuring out the identity of the best players on the site. I tried to figure out Xorxes first and foremost every game. He usually made it easy.
When he was town, I sheeped the shit outta him and made my game very easy. I didn't let dumbass town kill him for no reason.
I mean I will probably never be able to touch xorxes’ solving ability so you shouldn’t just sheep me. Except on HR, and on my townreads.
I thought our townreads lined up anyways, so I didn't have to sheep you. I already said I wanted to vote xorxes today...

Ezio

#4622 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:04 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 am
kgray wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Once again, ghug can confirm like 95% of my games in the past were figuring out the identity of the best players on the site. I tried to figure out Xorxes first and foremost every game. He usually made it easy.
When he was town, I sheeped the shit outta him and made my game very easy. I didn't let dumbass town kill him for no reason.
I mean I will probably never be able to touch xorxes’ solving ability so you shouldn’t just sheep me. Except on HR, and on my townreads.
I thought our townreads lined up anyways, so I didn't have to sheep you. I already said I wanted to vote *HR* today...

jasnah

#4623 Post by jasnah » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:04 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:38 am
I wanna thank jasnah for playing and I am very sorry that our corner of the forum has come off as rude and assholish to you. I wanna let you know that your confidence is most welcome. You dont have to appear to be knowledgeable to have great posts.
Relax lmao this place is the pinnacle of politeness

Vecna

#4624 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:06 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:00 am
HR would only tie it there if both ezio and celaph were town so we mis elim both trying to find who he saved.
:sick:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4625 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:06 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:04 am
Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 am
kgray wrote:

I thought our townreads lined up anyways, so I didn't have to sheep you. I already said I wanted to vote *HR* today...
Yeah I’m just saying, you’re comparing me to xorxes and I don’t want that responsibility. Except in things I’m confident in, which include HR and my townreads.

Donny Dude

#4626 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:02 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:59 am
Ezio wrote:
Why is it you go to ghug for advice on past games of yours?
I feel like this you saying look at meta = town when you have not played in awhile.
I go to ghug b/c frankly he's one of the only players from the old times who I trust undrstands me well. We have pretty good reads on each other, usually. As he described, I got him to flip his read on me at f3 in a game years ago by basically not posting the entire phase.
There's def a part of the argument is meta, but the significantly bigger deal is how good my play is in every world other than this specific one.
K, that make sense on Ghug, but Ezio consider that for I believe a majority of us this is our first time playing with you and if not then a long time. I cannot judge based on a past game, but rather what I see this game, but your play for me can be based on this. Does it make sense if you are scum, maybe it does? I mean m63 had a complete collapse in the scum team.
I don't care about your play in hypotheticals, but rather what I see and can view in this game right now is reality.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4627 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 am

I don’t think Ezio is too bothered by how much this might have hurt town (I actually don’t think it’s *that* bad, all things considered) but he’s definitely focused on his reputation/ego, and seems legit irritated that people think he made a bad play. Seems towny to me.

Ezio

#4628 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 am
Ezio wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:59 am

Why is it you go to ghug for advice on past games of yours?
I feel like this you saying look at meta = town when you have not played in awhile.
I go to ghug b/c frankly he's one of the only players from the old times who I trust undrstands me well. We have pretty good reads on each other, usually. As he described, I got him to flip his read on me at f3 in a game years ago by basically not posting the entire phase.
There's def a part of the argument is meta, but the significantly bigger deal is how good my play is in every world other than this specific one.
K, that make sense on Ghug, but Ezio consider that for I believe a majority of us this is our first time playing with you and if not then a long time. I cannot judge based on a past game, but rather what I see this game, but your play for me can be based on this. Does it make sense if you are scum, maybe it does? I mean m63 had a complete collapse in the scum team.
I don't care about your play in hypotheticals, but rather what I see and can view in this game right now is reality.
So for the rest of you I ask you think a little more than you apparently have. I ask that you think about what this game *should* look like and the play I've made in that context, rather than the play I've made in this context.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4629 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 am

kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:53 am
kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:53 am
Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 am

Kgray, Ghug, Maniac at the very least.
Think of it this way. What's the upside for town doc to CC? If they get killed they flip and reveal my bullshit. If they don't they still have cover for their plays.
Am I being buddied again? First I’m the only person being reasonable, and now I’m first in your list of people who would play the doc the “right” way?
@ghug am I being buddied?
It totally worked on me too, so I'd have to say yes.

Ezio

#4630 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 am

Ezio wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 am
Ezio wrote:

So for the rest of you I ask you think a little more than you apparently have. I ask that you think about what this game *should* look like and the play I've made in that context, rather than the play I've made in this context.
I guess it also requires you to trust that any scumteam with me on it will not suffer a "complete meltdown" as you described earlier.

Ezio

#4631 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:19 am

Ok I have to sleep now. I've explained basically as well as I possibly can. If you have any questions, please ping me and lmk. Idk if I'll be on before EoN.

brainbomb

#4632 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:48 am

theres people doing horrendously anti town shit and ghug and ezio are like

bb just ruining the game for town

BobMcBob

#4633 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 am

Okay then ezio, welcome to my people who make me want to bash my head (or theirs) against a wall but that I'm slightly townleaning. Population 1.

I think you absolutely have your head up your overinflated ego, or are doing a very good job feigning anger and arrogance, but your response seems somewhat more townie than scummy.

That said, I think you have too much confidence in us to think through all motivations before pointing out an outright lie by someone. Because lies are usually scum motivated, town has little reason to lie.

Just because people responded in by far the most likely way (not all outcomes are equally likely you know) doesn't mean you have any right to get mad at everyone for playing in a way that you believe to be suboptimal and then subsequently assume that the whole game revolves around you and that everyone who voted you is scum because all scum would obviously vote as one to try and crucify someone over a lie that no town would be stupid enough to believe. You seem to be assuming town would all act optimally and all scum are complete morons who would all jump on the same flashwagon. That's not how this game works.

So how about when you're awake and sober you stop pretending you played perfectly and come join us in the real world.

TheMadMonarch

#4634 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:05 am

Read!

Prepare for the biggest post-bomb of your life; I'm legitimately worried about being banned for spam after doing it...

TheMadMonarch

#4635 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 am

And Normally I'd re-order order them to post chronologically (since the tabs don't open in any discernable order), however, this is to many to re-work. So the order will be wacky.

TheMadMonarch

#4636 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:38 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:30 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:20 pm
So, I'm going to work my way down the list of players in activity order and give my thoughts before rereading.
Bunny - I townlean bunny. Bunny has seemed okay so far, nothing has really stood out

HR - I can't remember much other than there was an early interaction with ghug or someone that seemed pretty townie at the time.

Maniac - idk what maniac's brand is, I wouldn't expect it to be this. Very low activity, half of the posts were jokes, idk what to think. Slight scumlean and needs to show up more.

Vecna - null. I don't like the inactivity but he has a reason.

Ezio - null. Obviously.
:shock:
:?
Ok, can we please not with the emojis? I have a hard enough time understanding what you mean with words.

TheMadMonarch

#4637 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:38 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:29 am
macca confirned to be on meth rn
I promise you I am not on meth.

TheMadMonarch

#4638 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:39 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 am
macca would you like a formal study?
Not particularly. You're adding a lot of spam really. You're responses mean next to nothing, an it's just adding more people have to wade through. Not helpful.

TheMadMonarch

#4639 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:39 am

kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:05 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:10 am
HR - kgray's mechanically confirmed scum, and lovers with RHK, something about it not being a scan he could have if he were a Psychotrooper
In case we make it to the next vote and HR is still alive, I want to emphasize that there is no possible way that HR could have any information on me that would confirm me as scum, regardless of if there's a psychotrooper. It is literally impossible that HR has this information. Do not let him live past the next vote.
It's not impossible (as I've described earlier), it just requires an earlier lie (about discards) or he's an alien. Either way, your indignation is stunning. As in, I'm stunned that you care so much about it. It seems almost faked. Almost.

Also, "regardless of psycotrooper"? Ignoring it, all he needs is a scan? What do you know?

TheMadMonarch

#4640 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:40 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:51 pm
##vote celaph.

If HR has a guilty on kgray, then psycho is probably in play.
You think HR has a scan and didn't even consider the psycho and just believed I'm guilty?
Who says I didn't consider it? Who says that it's not a guilty that I couldn't have if there were a psycho?
What guilty would this be?