Mafia 64 - SIGN UP LIST

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 64 - SIGN UP LIST

#181 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:07 am
If the parrot forces the hider to hide behind themselves AND someone else, whom do people targeting the hider end up targeting?
Ooooh! Does the parrot target whom the hider is hiding behind?!
No because the Parrot's action is not explicitly a Killing action.

Jamiet99uk

#182 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:37 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:57 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:09 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:07 am

When the enabler dies, will we be told they were enabling an innocent child?
No. Role flips are just as standard.
When will the de-powered (from enabler dying) roles be informed of their vanilla states?
Immediately. At the same time as I flip the Enabler.

Jamiet99uk

#183 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:38 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 am
Thanks.

Also, not a him...
I apologise.

BunnyGo

#184 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:40 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:25 am
BunnyGo wrote:
If the parrot forces the hider to hide behind themselves AND someone else, whom do people targeting the hider end up targeting?
I have already answered this. Note that a Hider only hides from killing actions. A Hider does not have the ability to hide from investigative scans, etc.
Does the killer get both the hider and the person the hider planned on hiding behind?

Jamiet99uk

#185 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
I have already answered this. Note that a Hider only hides from killing actions. A Hider does not have the ability to hide from investigative scans, etc.
Does the killer get both the hider and the person the hider planned on hiding behind?
I have answered this already.

BunnyGo

#186 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:52 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:25 am

If the Parrot targets the Mafia player who is carrying out the NK, then yes, that is what would happen. Note that the Parrot creates an *extra* action and forces it to be self-targeted on the person they've targeted. So the original kill would also occur.

So here's a sample scenario:

Mafia are sending Macca the Mafia Goon to kill Brainbomb the Vanilla Townie.
Parrot targets Macca.

Result: Macca NKs both Brainbomb and himself.
How does parrot interact with hider?
Could you be more specific about what you are asking?
I do not see how the hider self-targeting causes any additional effect?
I couldn’t find your answer. Would you mind reposting?

Jamiet99uk

#187 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 am

Could you be more specific about what you are asking?
I do not see how the hider self-targeting causes any additional effect?
If mafia try to kill or someone targets the hider. Do they find both the person the hider hid behind AND the hider?
You're still not making yourself very clear but I think this is what you mean:

Parrot targets Hider.
Hider wants to hide behind BunnyGo
Mafia target Hider with their NK.

Result: Both Hider and BunnyGo die.
Posting this again for BunnyGo.

Jamiet99uk

#188 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:40 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
For the complete avoidance of doubt, the answer to your question is "YES".

Jamiet99uk

#189 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:18 pm

Now let me post the Mafia roles which may or may not be in the game depending on the card draw and the subsequent choices you weirdos all make.

Mafia Compulsive Hider
You are the MAFIA COMPULSIVE HIDER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you MUST hide behind another player by PM-ing your target to both GMs. Your target will be unaware of your visit. If you can find your target, and if you are targeted with a killing action that night, your target will be hit by the attack instead. However, if the person you are hiding behind dies that night due to an active killing action being directed at them, then you will also die. If you hide behind someone with a night killing action, and they target you with their kill, this will resolve as normal (your target will not commit suicide in your place). Your action is compulsive, you may not withhold it. If you fail to give the GM an order each night, you will die. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(COMPULSIVE / MANIPULATIVE / PROTECTIVE / KILLING)

Mafia Doctor
You are the MAFIA DOCTOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may attempt to save the life of a player by PM-ing your target to both GMs. If your visit is successful, you will save your target from any killing actions performed on them that night. You cannot save someone from being killed by a Strongman. You *may* target yourself, but you may *not* target the same player on consecutive nights. If you save your target from an attack which would otherwise have killed them, your target will be notified that they were saved. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins.You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(PROTECTIVE)

Mafia Godfather
You are the MAFIA GODFATHER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. If you are investigated by a Cop or a Vanilla Cop, you will appear Not Guilty and/or Vanilla. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(PASSIVE, MANIPULATIVE)

Mafia Goon
You are the MAFIA GOON. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(VANILLA)

Mafia Loud Role Cop
You are the MAFIA LOUD ROLE COP. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may investigate another player to find out their ROLE, by PM-ing your target to both GMs. If your visit is successful, your target will hear you and will be notified of your visit, and you will learn the role of your target. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(LOUD, INVESTIGATIVE)

Mafia Lover
You are the MAFIA LOVER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You are in love with <NAME(S)> and may communicate with them at any time in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. If you die, your lover(s) will simultaneously die with you, and if your lover(s) die(s), you will simultaneously die as well. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(PASSIVE, COMMUNICATIVE)

Mafia One-shot Governor
You are the MAFIA ONE-SHOT GOVERNOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Once per game, at any time during the day, you may "Protect" another player by PMing the GMs with your order. That player becomes immune to the daykill that day. This will not be announced in the thread until the end of the day, and only then if your target would have been the top wagon. If the person you protect ends up as the top wagon, there is no daykill, and your action is used up. If the person you protect ends up not being the top wagon, your action is not used up and you can attempt to use it again another day. You may not target yourself.
(You may target the same player on consecutive days, until your protection actually works) You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(MANIPULATIVE / PROTECTIVE)

Mafia Roleblocker
You are the MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may target a player by PM-ing your target to both GMs, or announcing your choice in your QT. If your visit is successful, your target will be roleblocked and unable to act that night. Your roleblock cannot prevent the Commuter or Hider from acting, however. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins.You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (ROLEBLOCKING)

Mafia Strongman

You are the MAFIA STRONGMAN. Each day you must vote for a suspect. ONCE per game, at night, when you are carrying out the Mafia NK, you may enable your strongman power by PM-ing both GMs or announcing this clearly in your QT. When you do this, you will bypass any Doctor, Jailor or Bulletproof protection the target may have. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins.You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(KILLING)

Mafia Tracker
You are the MAFIA TRACKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may investigate another player to see if they visit anyone, by PM-ing your target to both GMs. If your visit is successful, you will learn who your target visits that night, but not what action they perform. Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (INVESTIGATIVE)

Mafia Underdog

You are the MAFIA UNDERDOG. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Although you are aligned with the Mafia, you start the game not knowing who your Mafia team-mates are, and the rest of the Mafia will not know your identity either. The first time someone is daykilled (unless it is you in which case, tough luck!), you will gain all of the dead person's abilities and modifiers, your identity will be revealed to the other Mafia members, and you will learn the names of the other Mafia members, but not their roles. If the dead person had already used up a one-shot action, this will be recharged with one charge for your use. The night after this, you will finally gain access to the Mafia QT. You win when all non-Mafia Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(MANIPULATIVE / COMMUNICATIVE)

Jamiet99uk

#190 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Excuse my haste; the MAFIA GOVERNOR and MAFIA LOVER PMs should both also contain the line:

Your Mafia team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins.

It is only the UNDERDOG who does not gain Mafia QT access at the start.

BunnyGo

#191 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 pm

What happens in a draw situation where only lovers are left alive?

BunnyGo

#192 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:40 pm

If both hiders hide behind me, and the town hider is targeted for a NK, does the mafia hider die too?

Jamiet99uk

#193 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:40 pm
If both hiders hide behind me, and the town hider is targeted for a NK, does the mafia hider die too?
Yes.

Jamiet99uk

#194 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 pm
Good one! They wouldn't want to kill each other, so I suppose that would have to end in a draw.

Jamiet99uk

#195 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Yes.
Excuse me, no. I misread your question. The answer is no, because the Mafia hider's *target* is not the target of the kill.

BunnyGo

#196 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Yes.
Excuse me, no. I misread your question. The answer is no, because the Mafia hider's *target* is not the target of the kill.
So the mafia hider can basically only die if the alien's switch everything or if the SK targets their hiding target?

BunnyGo

#197 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:38 pm
Good one! They wouldn't want to kill each other, so I suppose that would have to end in a draw.
I look forward to the endgame with 3 lovers (different alignments) and 1 other person alive and hiding.

Jamiet99uk

#198 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Yes.
So the mafia hider can basically only die if the alien's switch everything or if the SK targets their hiding target?
The SK has a kill.
The Aliens have one nightkill.
There is a Vigilante.

Any of these kills, targeting the person the Mafia Hider is hiding behind, will cause the Mafia Hider to die.

Jamiet99uk

#199 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:33 pm

It now gives me perverse delight to confirm the role PMs of the ALIENS:

Alien Prober
You are the ALIEN PROBER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may target a player. If your visit is successful, your target will be roleblocked, AND you will learn if they are "Guilty" or "Innocent" of being Mafia. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (ROLEBLOCKING / INVESTIGATIVE)

Alien Vanillaizer
You are the ALIEN VANILLAIZER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may target a player. If your visit is successful, from the end of the night, your target will lose any abilities, effectively turning them into a plain vanilla role. Any actions they take on the night you target them will still occur unless otherwise blocked.Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (MANIPULATIVE)

Alien Bloodsucker
You are the ALIEN BLOODSUCKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. ONCE per game, at night, you may target a player. If your visit is successful, your target will be turned into a Tree Stump from the start of day onwards, losing their ability to vote, but retaining the ability to post in the thread. Your target will remain aligned to the faction they were aligned to prior to becoming a tree stump. If they had access to a QT, they will lose the ability to post in that QT but will still be able to read what is posted there. If your target is a Lover or an Enabler, being turned into a Tree Stump counts as dying, in terms of the impact on players to whom they are linked. The Bloodsucker may not perform their action on the same night as the Aliens use their NK. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(MANIPULATIVE / KILLING)

Alien Sympathiser
You are the ALIEN SYMPATHISER. Each day you must vote for a suspect.
If there are other aliens in the game, you will be notified of this at the start of D1, and from N1 will be able to communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. In this case, you will win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

If there are no other aliens in the game, you will be notified of this at the start of D1, and you will be a self-aware Tentacled Townie. Your role is as per the "Vanilla Townie" role PM, but if scanned by a role capable of detecting aliens, you will return the result "Alien". In this case, you will win when all non-Town Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Bulletproof Alien Lover
You are the BULLETPROOF ALIEN LOVER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You cannot be killed by any actions targeting *you* at night. You are in love with <NAME(S)> and may communicate with them at any time in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. If you die, your lover(s) will simultaneously die with you, and if your lover(s) die(s), you will simultaneously die as well. Your lover(s) are not aware of your alignment. Your bulletproof status does not prevent you from dying if another lover is killed. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (PASSIVE, COMMUNICATIVE)

Alien Psychotrooper
You are the ALIEN PSYCHOTROOPER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. While you are alive, you passively cause all investigative results to be reversed. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(PASSIVE, MANIPULATIVE)

Alien Intercessor
You are the ALIEN INTERCESSOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night you may choose a player. If your visit is successful, that player will be unable to vote the following day. Your target will be notified, at the start of the day, that they have lost their ability to vote. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening. (MANIPULATIVE)

Alien One-Shot Mass Redirector
You are the ALIEN ONE-SHOT MASS REDIRECTOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Once per game, you may choose a player at night. If your visit is successful, all night actions taken that night are redirected to your target. Your Alien team-mates are <NAME(S)> and you may communicate with them at NIGHT only in a QT, the link for which will be supplied when the game begins. You win when all non-Alien Factions are defeated, or nothing can stop this from happening.
(MANIPULATIVE)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#200 Post by dargorygel » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:49 pm

In the words of Douglas Adams:
“All you really need to know for the moment is that the universe is a lot more complicated than you might think, even if you start from a position of thinking it's pretty damn complicated in the first place.”