Libertarian Party Slogans

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Crazy Anglican

Libertarian Party Slogans

#1 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:37 am

I’m wondering why the Libertarian party in the USA isn’t all over the present crisis. So I thought I’d help them out with some suggested slogans.

Crazy Anglican

Re: Libertarian Party Slogans

#2 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:43 am

Libertarian Party

100% conservative with 0 guilt!

Libertarian Party

Conservatives who can take the coup out of cooperation

Three reasons I’m a Libertarian!

Nixon
Trump and
Cruz

Libertarian’s

Losing elections never made US compromise our values

Crazy Anglican

#3 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:48 am

Three gates separate Libertarians from Republicans

Watergate

Iran Contra gate

The Capitol gates

Matticus13

#4 Post by Matticus13 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:13 am

Crazy Anglican wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:43 am
Libertarian Party

100% conservative with 0 guilt!

Libertarian Party

Conservatives who can take the coup out of cooperation
Fiscally and Constitutionally conservative yes. Socially very liberal. Many in the always Trumper and Evangelical categories would struggle with the social platform of the party. So, these two options don't fit (at least in my eyes) what many in America define as "conservative."

How 'bout:

Libertarian: It's as close to anarchy as you can get, without actually overthrowing the government!
;)

PS: Libertarians are usually pretty awesome people (at least the ones I have met). I think if we had a government that actually functioned exactly the way they wanted, it would be awful... It's great in theory, but in practice, it would be a disaster taking human nature into account.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by peterlund » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:44 am

Crazy Anglican wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:43 am
Three reasons I’m a Libertarian!

Nixon
Trump and
Cruz
That are 3 good reasons I agree, but what are the Libertarian view on what the role of the USA should be in the world?

Do also you adhere to the Trumpist "America first" slogan or are you for a more normal foreign policy where USA actively takes part in world affairs?

What is the your and the "official" Libertarian view on NATO?

What is the your and the "official" Libertarian view on the Paris Climate agreement?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6 Post by peterlund » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 am

What is your and the "official" Libertarian view...

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by orathaic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 am

Libertarians are usually pretty awesome people (at least the ones I have met). I think if we had a government that actually functioned exactly the way they wanted, it would be awful... It's great in theory, but in practice, it would be a disaster taking human nature into account.
I hate these 'human nature' arguments... Humans naturally form communities and copy what they see succeeding. We aren't all greedy, if you grow up in a community where success means contributing the most, people will fight to be the best neighbour...

But aside from that, the only real conversation I had with libertarians, we convinced them that no government and corporate rule would end up in an oligarchy. A ruling class of Corporate CEOs controlling everything. Examples of brick factories run by the military in Pakistan, where employees can't leave... And not sure that libertarian is the same an anarcho-capitalist... But I think they are pretty close.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8 Post by orathaic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Actually this might fit here: dear libertarians

What do you say to this 'America has the highest cost of production in the world, not because it's technologically inefficient, the technology is there, the reason is these extra costs* paid for by labour and the employer'

Referring to healthcare, transport, and rent/property related debt repayments.

https://youtu.be/mSdcz-tin0Y?t=620

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9 Post by orathaic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm

He goes on to ask why China has become the largest economy in the world: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _GDP_(PPP)

Which apparently I didn't know had happened. But no wonder USAians are worried about China. Can't have govt investment in a mixed economy demonstrate it is actually succeeding over what is happening in the US 'financial capitalism'.

Matticus13

#10 Post by Matticus13 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:39 pm

orathaic wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 am
Libertarians are usually pretty awesome people (at least the ones I have met). I think if we had a government that actually functioned exactly the way they wanted, it would be awful... It's great in theory, but in practice, it would be a disaster taking human nature into account.
I hate these 'human nature' arguments... Humans naturally form communities and copy what they see succeeding. We aren't all greedy, if you grow up in a community where success means contributing the most, people will fight to be the best neighbour...

But aside from that, the only real conversation I had with libertarians, we convinced them that no government and corporate rule would end up in an oligarchy. A ruling class of Corporate CEOs controlling everything. Examples of brick factories run by the military in Pakistan, where employees can't leave... And not sure that libertarian is the same an anarcho-capitalist... But I think they are pretty close.
So, I'm essentially correct... It would be bad. Thank you for explaining it in greater detail than "human nature." The pure "dog eat dog" style of Capitalism would result in all kinds of unfortunate things. Didn't want to go further down the rabbit hole since the OP wanted slogans.

Crazy Anglican

#11 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 pm

Sorry peterlund,

Aside from voting Johnson in protest I’m not a Liberatian. This was more of a dig at the Republican Party.. I’m a conservative leaning independent, who leaned much more liberal this time around.

Crazy Anglican

#12 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:57 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:44 am
Do also you adhere to the Trumpist "America first" slogan or are you for a more normal foreign policy where USA actively takes part in world affairs?

What is the your and the "official" Libertarian view on NATO?

What is the your and the "official" Libertarian view on the Paris Climate agreement?
I’m for a normalized foreign policy. Our strength is in our friendships.

I’m for NATO for the same reason.

I was against backing out of the Paris Accord and the Iran deal.