M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#7541 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:31 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Is he? Why can't scum do that?

In fact, that fake cop thing stinks more of someone setting themselves up to fakeclaim a PR if they're at risk of being daykilled than it does of somehow attempting to draw a nightkill.
I think then he'd more likely disclose it during the day. However outing yourself as vt is scummy so maybe it is fake (it's certainly elaborate enough) and I've been a bit hasty. So not quasi-townclear but middle of the pack.

Balki remains the slot I'm most suspicious of.

Yuk!

Balki remains the slot of which I am most suspicious.

That's better.
If outing yourself as VT is scummy, why did you claim impossible jail targets?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7542 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

In fact, that fake cop thing stinks more of someone setting themselves up to fakeclaim a PR if they're at risk of being daykilled than it does of somehow attempting to draw a nightkill.
I think then he'd more likely disclose it during the day. However outing yourself as vt is scummy so maybe it is fake (it's certainly elaborate enough) and I've been a bit hasty. So not quasi-townclear but middle of the pack.

Yuk!

That's better.
The way he outed it now stinks of someone panicking that their fake breadcrumb might get picked up when people do ISO's than of anything townie whatsoever

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7543 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:48 pm
damo666 wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Yuk!

That's better.
The way he outed it now stinks of someone panicking that their fake breadcrumb might get picked up when people do ISO's than of anything townie whatsoever
He outed it days ago.

bozotheclown

#7544 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:55 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:18 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:16 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:22 pm
@bozo why did worcej flipping town make you change your scumreads from Balki and Flum to Chaqa/bona/damo?

You have not given any explanation for this last group of people.
Balki and Fluminator looked more like town in responsing to Durga's claim, while damo, Bonatogether, and Chaqa have dropped to the bottom of my list by POE. Fluminator is moving down my list again for the way he suspected all of the revealed scum without ever voting for them.
This is so weird to me. I've never seen bozo make a POE argument before? And he's townreading Balki/Flum based on non-VCA reasons?

What was townie about their responses? What are your strong reasons for townreading other poeple that moved damo/bona/Chaqa down on your list?

Did you forget that Flum voted for teacon...?
I had Fluminator and Balki ranked 11 and 13 on my N3 list, I certainly was never town reading them. I moved them up because I thought they were participating with the discussion after Durga claimed, but on review this is more true for Balki than Fluminator. I must have had another reason for moving Fluminator higher, but I do not remember what is was. In any case, Fluminator may be my top scum read now.

I also never said I had "strong reasons" for town reading anyone.

Do you think Fluminator voting for teacon should cause me to town read him or scum read him? I pointed out why I think that could have been a bus.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7545 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Everyone's jail claims:
HR*: Kgray Damo
Flum*: HR Kgray
kgray": HR Vecna
aaro: Flum Worcej
Balki*: Flum Vecna
Worcej: Balki Damo
EMC: damo maniac
ghug*: kgray flum
bozo": HR Vecna
bona: brain celaph
bunny: ghug Kgray
maniac: vashta ghug
damo: ghug ghug
Celaph*: Bona Vecna
Vecna: Kgray Brainbomb
Jamiet: Vecna Neph
Chaqa: Bunny Balki

*Could be the smuggler telling the truth about who they visited. Vecna and Maniac gave impossible answers. Aaro did as well, but was scolded and forget them.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7546 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Changed them*

I'm still asleep, apparently.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7547 Post by kgray » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:05 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:58 am
Flum I'm pretty sure is town. Bozo is just confusing me. HR is feeling less and less town. Don't like how mia Balki is but it's a slow day.

Vecna, time to game solve this thanks.
What makes you sure Fluminator is town?
Bozo, for what its worth:

The mindset Flum had was exactly what I had in that Brainbomb vs HB EoD. I also wanted to switch because the brainbomb wagon just felt like it was a bad wagon that was just put on the table to sow chaos.

I also felt it was going to be a miskill. I also felt HB was most likely obv-town for the google doc, BUT was going to be a better daykill for game solving purposes. Then when brainbomb did that post after the day-end I thought it was him trolling us as scum again. It was a very rollercoasty type of emotional shittrain. I can 100% identify with Flum's devellopment.

Also, thanks for finally doing something that I can (hopefully not incorrectly) read into.

The fact people are now finally coming out to scumread you, while now youre finally doing something town indicative (to me at least) while they were all refusing to do so while you hadnt done fuck all is just weird.
Your timing is off here, right? People were suspicious of bozo for *not* doing his town-indicative tunneling, and then started townreading bozo after he did it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7548 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:00 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:05 am

What makes you sure Fluminator is town?
Bozo, for what its worth:

The mindset Flum had was exactly what I had in that Brainbomb vs HB EoD. I also wanted to switch because the brainbomb wagon just felt like it was a bad wagon that was just put on the table to sow chaos.

I also felt it was going to be a miskill. I also felt HB was most likely obv-town for the google doc, BUT was going to be a better daykill for game solving purposes. Then when brainbomb did that post after the day-end I thought it was him trolling us as scum again. It was a very rollercoasty type of emotional shittrain. I can 100% identify with Flum's devellopment.

Also, thanks for finally doing something that I can (hopefully not incorrectly) read into.

The fact people are now finally coming out to scumread you, while now youre finally doing something town indicative (to me at least) while they were all refusing to do so while you hadnt done fuck all is just weird.
Your timing is off here, right? People were suspicious of bozo for *not* doing his town-indicative tunneling, and then started townreading bozo after he did it.
I think he took my disagreement with bozo's argument to mean I was scumreading him, and Vecna's obsessed with me, so it might just be that. I feel like bozo was getting other negative feedback around the same time too, but I don't remember from whom.

bozotheclown

#7549 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:02 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:05 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:27 am

Yea nah, don’t buy it sorry
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:46 am

I feel like this is meant to throw shade...
You do realise I was voting HB right?
Maybe Nephthys was on to Fluminator and kgray.
How and why are you looping me into this? I wasn't shading Neph with my comment at all, and you should realize that context.
Regardless of your intention, Nephthys found it suspicious. It definitely looks like a defense of Fluminator, and Nephthys seemed rather certain Fluminator had slipped by saying Hamilton was obviously town after he posted his notes, yet Fluminator expressed willingness to still vote for Hamilton after that.

Who were you criticizing for not voting for one of the top wagons?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7550 Post by kgray » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:03 pm

@Vecna you asked how my reads were progressing. No real change since the above post except Maniac trending upwards due to his quasi analysis and Bozo's recent activity has nudged him down a tad. I no longer classify him as 'obvtown.'
Well never mind Vecna, it seems damo is scumreading bozo more after bozo's activity. Which makes no sense to me, but I'm hardly surprised by that lol

bozotheclown

#7551 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:52 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Yuk!

That's better.
He outed it days ago.
He did not go into details of what the crumb was at that time. Now hearing the details, I agree it sounds more like something to point back to after a claim instead of something intended for scum to find.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7552 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm
ghug wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

He outed it days ago.
He did not go into details of what the crumb was at that time. Now hearing the details, I agree it sounds more like something to point back to after a claim instead of something intended for scum to find.
Do you think that's something Maniac is more likely to do as scum?

bozotheclown

#7553 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm
ghug wrote:

He outed it days ago.
Do you think that's something Maniac is more likely to do as scum?
I don't know about Maniac specifically, but I think scum would be more likely to do it in general.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7554 Post by kgray » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:03 pm

@Vecna you asked how my reads were progressing. No real change since the above post except Maniac trending upwards due to his quasi analysis and Bozo's recent activity has nudged him down a tad. I no longer classify him as 'obvtown.'
Also, you were agreeing with me (and jamiet) d2 that Bozo was hella suspicious and you were wagoning him with us.

So how come he's "down a tad" from being pretty high on the townreads list?
This is a stupid question. He went up to obvtown and how come down a bit. It's like your initial inverted with most of the right leg missing.
I hate damo's response here because it explains nothing but I do admit that's very town!damo.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7555 Post by kgray » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Oh, possibly. The HB vote is really one of the worst parts of Balki's EoD1. I can just about buy the idea that a wagon on Bunny with 10 minutes to go was possible in that scenario, but the HB vote was never going anywhere and had all the fortitude of a chocolate fireguard.
Yeah. Even if he felt like Hamilton was the best chance for being scum, I really think town!Balki would have fought harder to convince people of Hamilton or to vote for whichever of the lead wagons he preferred.

##vote Balki
kgray seemed to be town reading Balki earlier D2, but became convinced to vote for him when she was still a wagon near EOD. kgray was also scum reading Hamilton D2, but never voted for him, instead she kept trying to get other wagons going. She was probably keeping the option of moving to Hamilton to save herself at EOD open, but that is not unreasonable for town concerned with self preservation.
What are you saying here? Of course I'd have moved to Hamilton to save myself. I didn't have a strong scumread of him and the amount of pressure he was getting made me hesitant to join his wagon, but I did think he seemed different from his past town games.

Bozo if you're town, how do you explain me shooting down your wagon when it was competing with mine? Do you really think I, as scum, go through all that effort to save/pocket you?

Also I have never once townread Balki this game. I dare you to find where I said that.

Fluminator

#7556 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Bozo lol.
Even if I was bussing Teacon, you can't use "not voting scum" as a reason to scumread me because I wasn't voting Jamiet or Bunny that round.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7557 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:22 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:52 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes, and I'm still scumreding Neph.
What did you think of my Balki case?
I agree with you that he doesn't seem as inquisitive/hunting as he did as town. Especially now that we have a flipped scum (who was a wagon at EOD) I'd have expected town!Balki to be more excited about using that info than he was.

But I also feel like scum!Balki would hide that better, and I'm not really scumreading him. I definitely wouldn't vote for him at this point.

bozotheclown

#7558 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:22 pm

This is my current list:

Tom
aarodactyl
HR
Vecna
celaph
ghug
Yoyoyozo
Balki
Bonatogether
Maniac
Chaqa
kgray
damo
Fluminator

Fluminator

#7559 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:26 pm

Bozo is very slightly null-town, but I think we have to kill him tomorrow anyway so he doesn't cost the game for us at endgame if he is town.

Fluminator

#7560 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:31 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:26 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Can’t you just tell me? For brevity’s sake?
M62 is missing haikus.
Please tell me this is not what flum had me search for. I found nothing obvious comparing those isos flum
In my experience, ghug as scum sprinkles posts saying stuff like "these two aren't partners" or "good post" or "bad post" or "town post" etc. to look busy without anything ever actually meaning anything.

In his town game, he rarely did useless posts like that. In my check, he made two posts of this genre in his town game, and they actually lasted and meant something in his reads. He also has a lot harder of a time letting go of scumreads in his towngame.