M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#7481 Post by ghug » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:21 am

Oh I also didn't like where Durga said aaro's interactions with Bunny looked authentic, because I've specifically disliked those (and so did aaro at one print).

celaph

#7482 Post by celaph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:26 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:11 am
celaph wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:01 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:44 am
Hi celaph.

What are your thoughts right now?
At the moment trying to figure out how I feel about your and bona's interactions, you've read him so differently than most people the majority of the game. My gut says that it's TvT which bona look better in my book, but I'm having a really hard time getting a read on you.
Why do you think Bona's town?
My feeling is that it's likely either T/T or S/S relationship between you two. I find the ghug scum+bona town line unlikely because I don't think you bother defending him in favor of the easy miskill. Looking back I'm finding the bona scum + ghug town line less likely both because of the confidence in your read and that while I dislike that bona's defense is primarily coming from you, I don't think your defense of bona is bad.

In terms of T/T or S/S, my gut leans TvT for a few reasons. For one, I think a bona scum flip looks really bad for you and so I don't think you take the risk as scum. Secondly, on rereading bona I was struck by his point about feeling that kgray is trying to pocket him. I don't think that scum fears about being pocketed this much and I think it's one of his townier posts without your involvement. The hesitation comes because I feel that your questioning of him were relative softballs and because he hasn't expressed similar fears about being pocketed by you.

celaph

#7483 Post by celaph » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:39 am

@ghug, what do you make of Durga's read of interactions between you and Bunny?

Vecna

#7484 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:28 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:41 am
Bona, can you give me some idea of your thoughts on the game at the moment?

Doesn't have to be reads. Just whatever you find relevant.
This is a lot of junk in no particular order.

I think that the mafia's going to be playing it cool, since Durga knocked them good. There's 3 mafia, one of which 1 is guaranteed to be a goon. There's also a smuggler and/or a coordinator. I figure any goons are the ones more actively tripping the town up, the smuggler being a little more careful and trying to defend the coordinator, if they're there, and the coordinator is probably waffling a lot, or chasing false leads. I think we can then say that the players who are willing to go out on a limb are solid, and vice versa.

Aaro seems more fixated on me than normal, what with the whole bit about how chaqa knew my age and then with my whole goon thing, so I'd put him as townlean.

HR seemed active but then hasn't been talking much this phase. Probably just asleep or smth. Based off of stuff before, townlean.

Celaph has been trying to fit in for ages, which I put (surprise!) as leanscum. Same for Vecna, but less.

Mafia probably wants to kill a low-activity townie, unless they can nail someone who's getting a little too close to home without anyone noticing. Assuming that's right, I'd guess their shortlist to be Chaqa, Balki, damo, and Tom.
Its probably also a good sign that bona thinks scum wants to try and daykill tomB

Vecna

#7485 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:03 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:03 am
15 people left. Assume town dies tonight.

14 people (11-3 split)

Mis-DK and it's 9-3

Mis-DK and it's 7-3

Mis-DK and it's 5-3

We have three mis-kills and a no-kill.

I think everyone should give a priority list of their top 3 scumreads tonight.
:sick:

Chaqa and bozo not scum together?

Vecna

#7486 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:05 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:49 am
Why?
hes gonna say they voted teacon

Vecna

#7487 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:09 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:15 am
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 am
ghug which final reads of Durga's did you hate?
Durga wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:23 pm
Townie?
Aaro - he's having fun and was v excited when i said i caught two scum, interactions with BUnny were not awkward as they would be if s v s

Vecna - very solvey straight from the get go, feel good about this one. 95% sure he's town

kgray - town just based on how she interacted with teacon, and i think her being ok with getting ND even if she didn't find him scummy is a thing town does more than scum. Scum like to justify their reads, and ND is an easy town read who wrecked havoc in the thread. Bunny also tried to trigger her saying ND wasn't wrong about her so like... Yeah. Pretty certain this one is t o w n. also ppl who were in the game where they were scum together last should do a comparison

Flum - Foxcastle syndrome

Null

celaph - felt townie early on but bunny was the one who asked him the quicktopic q and i don't really see anything outstanding on the reread

Hellenic Riot - I usually ping him as town p fast but haven't felt that way this game. I think the whole emc thing was faaaake. Could be scum. Pressure him more.

ghug - Hard for me to read this one. Isn't setting off my scum vibes as much as he usually does but maybe he's just gotten better at that.

damo - who is damo?

chaqa - who is chaqa?

yoyo - please replace he is worthless but he did ping me as town when he was posting.

Scum:

Balki - Maybe, see my other posts

Maniac - Someone go back and read his weird ass d1 vote on me. If he claims he didn't read the thread that's fucking garbage because he actually engaged a lot in d1. I didn't see him come up with any reads, which is weeeird.

bozotheclown - not exactly the town bozo I know and love. very much unenthusiastic. he's doing the tunnel thing on flum that he did as scum on... I can't even remember who he did it on. v ingenuine imo

Bonatogether - if there is a scum in the newbie batch i think it's likely to be him. Some weird defending from Bunny of bona but could just be him trying to pocket a town newb.
aaro - I disagree but fine
kgray - agree, but she townreads her for wanting ND dead for his being ND, but not me, which is frustrating and entirely a function of her being too paranoid about me
Flum - A+ troll, don't love the townread

celaph - fine
HR - fine
ghug - annoying to null read me at this point
damo - same
Chaqa - same :(
Yoyo - fine

Balki - disagree but I see her point
Maniac - I'd probably scumread her for this read. It's so lazy.
Bozo - disagree but I see her point
Bona - strongly disagree
so fixated on me in every post, yet here he forgets me. whats up with that ghug

Vecna

#7488 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:12 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:45 am
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:06 am
Balki!
Why did you still scumread HB after day 2. Was the notes list he posted not convincing to you?
That was a little lazy, to be frank. But I also felt like Neph had an investigative report that incriminated HB, so I did not really go back and explore the read like I might have.

I read the notes. I don't know. I feel like, town or scum, if you start talking to the thread about how you have notes, you're going to have to have some notes ready to share, when asked. So, I convinced myself into thinking it was null. Since, of course, Neph had that guilty scan or tracker report, or something.
I think you've gone full tenet on reality

Vecna

#7489 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:14 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 am

I'd like to understand this fully.

(a) Is there some place in the thread where Bozo betrayed some confusion about the mechanics of mafia roles? Or, (b) are you speculating that because it seems like mafia may have been disrupted by some rule confusion -- based on Jamiet's statement expressing frustration -- that Bozo is unlikely to be on the mafia team?
b, though I want to be clear that it's Jamie's frustration combined with the strange night actions.
Seems like a stretch to me. It's just -- reading so much into any one mafia team member; where anyone else on the team might have made that decision, or caused that confusion. If Bozo is mafia here, I am not sure that he is dominating the team in the way your read seems to require. I could see Jamiet, as Role Blocker, have some particular view about how the Role Block worked, and develop some frustration when his view turned out wrong. You really think that Bozo being on the team would prevent that from happening? I don't think so.
Besides, Ghug scumreads Damo, and damo is quite pushy as scum in trying to dominate people with his opinion in the QT.

bozotheclown

#7490 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:33 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:52 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes, and I'm still scumreding Neph.
What did you think of my Balki case?
I agree with you that he doesn't seem as inquisitive/hunting as he did as town. Especially now that we have a flipped scum (who was a wagon at EOD) I'd have expected town!Balki to be more excited about using that info than he was.

But I also feel like scum!Balki would hide that better, and I'm not really scumreading him. I definitely wouldn't vote for him at this point.
kgray wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:55 pm

I meant the vote on HB before the vote on teacon. Obviously the teacon vote was awful.
Oh, possibly. The HB vote is really one of the worst parts of Balki's EoD1. I can just about buy the idea that a wagon on Bunny with 10 minutes to go was possible in that scenario, but the HB vote was never going anywhere and had all the fortitude of a chocolate fireguard.
Yeah. Even if he felt like Hamilton was the best chance for being scum, I really think town!Balki would have fought harder to convince people of Hamilton or to vote for whichever of the lead wagons he preferred.

##vote Balki
What changed your mind about Balki D2?

bozotheclown

#7491 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:44 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:33 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:29 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 pm
In M61, Durga subbed out D1 and was scum, and in M59, Chaqa subbed out D1 and was scum, so recent history suggests scum are more likely to leave the game D1. It is also not an "out-of-game" reason, since bo_sox was in the game.
That makes a lot of sense. Better than the rest of the subjective d1 crapshoot elimination. ##vote jamiet
Yuck. This doesn't feel like town!teacon from last game at all.
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:29 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 pm
In M61, Durga subbed out D1 and was scum, and in M59, Chaqa subbed out D1 and was scum, so recent history suggests scum are more likely to leave the game D1. It is also not an "out-of-game" reason, since bo_sox was in the game.
That makes a lot of sense. Better than the rest of the subjective d1 crapshoot elimination. ##vote jamiet
Blech. That’s just awful.
Maybe it is because teacon was agreeing with me, but I did not think this post warranted the negative reaction of kgray, and it is odd that kgray and BunnyGo reacted so similarly.

bozotheclown

#7492 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:02 am

kgray wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:45 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm

You seem to be scumreading me because I cast the "deciding" vote on ND when, from your POV at the time, you were casting that deciding vote.
I am scumreading you. I do see what you're getting at, but I didn't move off of teacon. You did. It's pretty suspicious.
I also made teacon a real wagon in the first place (after not including him on a list of people I wanted to vote, so I had plenty of room to stay away), and I tried to encourage emc to join it.
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:54 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:38 pm
I think town!bozo would have looked into that, and there is no indication here that he did.
Ah, I see. Whereas I assumed he just wasn't here for it, and just checked it and put it off as tangential. My main null point on him is that I don't think he lurks as scum. Kind of thought he just wasn't here for holiday reasons.
Yeah I don't think bozo lurking is scum-indicative either. I'm not voting for him today.

I'm still suspect of damo too but I doubt he's getting traction today. What do you think of teacon?
Was this what you were referring to when you said you encouraged emc to join teacon's wagon?

damo666

#7493 Post by damo666 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:28 am

Bit disappointed by Bona's muddled goon response. It looks more innocent town than panicky scum.

I'm running out of scum reads.

Bonatogether

#7494 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:53 am

1) Because scum wants to fit in and go with the herd. There's not been a large push on me yet.

2) I like some of his stuff. I haven't reread it yet.

3)
celaph wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:42 am
Also, I support the motion to get yoyo to talk more. ##vote yoyo
celaph wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 pm
-I think that aaro was rather competent when it came to properly handling Durga's info and getting the most out of that situation. I think this supports the claim that his lack of reads early on is more due to lack of familiarity with the online format than scummy-ness. I have a much better feeling from him than I got from EoD2.

This was in a streak of people townreading aaro (posts 5643 and 5640)

Can you find an example of celaph going against the grain?

4) No, this is just my guesses.

5) Because killing inactives doesn't tell the town anything. Killing an active player prompts like 5 people to reread everything they ever posted, and then they can go from there.
1) I like.
2) You need to flesh out. HR is pretty good at this game.
3) I agree with you on celaph. Do you have Vecna examples?
5) Generally scum kill PR reads or more active players. I'd be surprised if you were right.

What do you think of Maniac?
2) I'll need to reread him. I can get something up in maybe 2 hours.

3)
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm
I do not approve of the teacon wagon
part of a sequence of anti-teacon wagon posts
Vecna wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Im actually starting to townread Balki for his defense here. Im sure he'd be good at the theatrics as well to appear "wronged" but this just feels all too genuine.
part of the interrogation of balki, he changed his mind at the same time as...bunny. He then goes back at it.
Vecna wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:48 pm
##vote HB

Even though there is a lingering feeling that this might be the set-up player to take the fall next, the feeling has to contend with continuous feelings of "this slot is just different from how it was before". Also, what ever happened to those notes?
Votes HB but hedges on if he actually scumreads them.

I don't recall him going out on a limb, but perhaps you can correct me on that.

5) Perhaps. I'm unaware of the meta here.

Vecna

#7495 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm

you actually remembered that I changed my mind at the same time as bunny? or did you just notice that when looking for examples for ghug?

Bonatogether

#7496 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm
you actually remembered that I changed my mind at the same time as bunny? or did you just notice that when looking for examples for ghug?
I looked at peterbot.

Fluminator

#7497 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:17 pm

@Balki
One of the main things that stood out from your town game was your belief scum were paranoid to pick a fight with you, and it dominated your reads. Why isn't that a thing this game?

Fluminator

#7498 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Fwiw ghug, even though i have a hard time not scumreading you, i agree we all probably gave aaro a townread way too easily.

Vecna

#7499 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:30 pm

I still think were just looking at a scenario where all scum are in the group HR/Bozo/Damo/Balki/Maniac

Vecna

#7500 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:32 pm

im still alright fearkilling ghug though. itll ease my reptile paranoid brainmatter