MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#2541 Post by snowy801 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

whatever strategy I had at the start of the game had been blown into the oblivion of nonparticipation

RagingIke297

#2542 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm

I've been reading the God QT from M32, there's some good insight in there. I think we're over complicating this game. Town is 0/4, PR's are 2/2, we have a good pool of players left, at least one or two of you (including myself) should be able to put this together.

I feel like for the level of participation that Thamrick has put into other games I have played with him, he is relatively lack luster this game. He seems like he's hopping on wagons to make them viable, but not really pushing them and allowing them to run their course.

DrCJG did almost the exact opposite, on D1 & D2 he started every wagon he got on. Then D3 & D4 looks like Thamrick he hopped on established wagons. The difference is that Thamrick has been on D2, D3, and D4 lynches and DrCJG was only on the D1 lynch.

I don't know what snowy is doing, i can't decide if he actually doesn't have the time or is just acting like it. He's ended on the lynch every day but day 3 which was weird because the D3 lynch was a counter wagon to him.

Ezio has voted town every vote unless Thamrick is scum. He ended on worthless wagons D1 and D2 and has been on the D3 and D4 lynch and hasn't contributed at all to the game. Again like snowy, not quite sure what he's doing. Seems like a player that would come alive late game and help, especially on a day like D5 when both PR's have claimed and you know that there really won't be a chance to be killed until N7.

RDR has gone 6/6 on the lynches. He hasn't been on any of the town wagons, and obviously he was on the scum wagons. Two days he threw out a vote and kept it all day, it doesn't look like he's trying to avoid being on the lynch but he's been on the counter wagon 3 of 4 days.

Not sure why this is sticking in my mind, but I group the remaining people into three groups of three.

High posters: Jamie, Prado, Yav
Under the radar: Fox, RDR, Thamrick
Low posters/useless: DrCJG, Ezio, Snowy

I'm really under the impression that we should lynch in the under the radar pool as after I'm dead I feel that the next NK will hit someone in high posters.

More to come...

RagingIke297

#2543 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm
whatever strategy I had at the start of the game had been blown into the oblivion of nonparticipation
your nonparticipation or general nonparticipation?

Jamiet99uk

#2544 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm
So.... You claim you had a strategy, but your non-participation rendered it pointless?

Why did you not bother to participate if your strategy depended on it?

Useless.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2545 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm
I've been reading the God QT from M32, there's some good insight in there. I think we're over complicating this game. Town is 0/4, PR's are 2/2, we have a good pool of players left, at least one or two of you (including myself) should be able to put this together.

I feel like for the level of participation that Thamrick has put into other games I have played with him, he is relatively lack luster this game. He seems like he's hopping on wagons to make them viable, but not really pushing them and allowing them to run their course.

DrCJG did almost the exact opposite, on D1 & D2 he started every wagon he got on. Then D3 & D4 looks like Thamrick he hopped on established wagons. The difference is that Thamrick has been on D2, D3, and D4 lynches and DrCJG was only on the D1 lynch.

I don't know what snowy is doing, i can't decide if he actually doesn't have the time or is just acting like it. He's ended on the lynch every day but day 3 which was weird because the D3 lynch was a counter wagon to him.

Ezio has voted town every vote unless Thamrick is scum. He ended on worthless wagons D1 and D2 and has been on the D3 and D4 lynch and hasn't contributed at all to the game. Again like snowy, not quite sure what he's doing. Seems like a player that would come alive late game and help, especially on a day like D5 when both PR's have claimed and you know that there really won't be a chance to be killed until N7.

RDR has gone 6/6 on the lynches. He hasn't been on any of the town wagons, and obviously he was on the scum wagons. Two days he threw out a vote and kept it all day, it doesn't look like he's trying to avoid being on the lynch but he's been on the counter wagon 3 of 4 days.

Not sure why this is sticking in my mind, but I group the remaining people into three groups of three.

High posters: Jamie, Prado, Yav
Under the radar: Fox, RDR, Thamrick
Low posters/useless: DrCJG, Ezio, Snowy

I'm really under the impression that we should lynch in the under the radar pool as after I'm dead I feel that the next NK will hit someone in high posters.

More to come...
@Ike - I tend to agree with you that we should deal with the people flying under the radar (even if this includes me). Thamrick is probably my strongest scum read. What do you think of Fox?

RagingIke297

#2546 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm

I think that Fox is scummy. He left the same 3 people off of his reads list twice and seems like he is avoiding them. He has advocated that I am scum all game which seems like a tactic scum would use in combination with not NK'ing me to get me lynched in a critical situation. He continues to advocate that I am scum, but isn't voting for me, seems like he is waiting until he can get enough people to not look scummy when he does it. I bring up that the scum are playing long game with me and he flat out rejects it "The scumteam is probably not playing some brilliant long game." He's posted 8 times in the last two days and I feel like he's a better player and should be doing more.

Jamiet99uk

#2547 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm

If you are scum, and are confident your buddies can save you, it may be in your interests to be on the #3 wagon so you can't be accused of a desperate self-preservation vote.

However, on D3 Snowy ended on Foxcastle and was the only person voting that way. The third wagon during the last hour was Thamrick. Snowy hinted that he suspected Thamrick, but didn't vote for Tham.

Snowy was online during EoD 3. He posted with 3 minutes to go, but did not change his vote. He just kept it on Foxcastle even though nobody else was voting Fox, and even though he himself was at risk.

Does this suggest that if Snowy is indeed scum, he was reluctant to move his vote to Thamrick because he didn't want to re-ignite that wagon and risk lynching his scumbuddy?

RagingIke297

#2548 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't know, I feel like snowy was actually unhappy when he didn't die, but I don't know if that is alignment indicative or not. There is also this by BB in the M32 God QT:
Simple way to know if snowy is town.

If he asks you questions and comments on your play.

How to tell if snowy is scum

If he talks about game state and whats going on his life.
I feel like he's been more talking about game state and his life

Jamiet99uk

#2549 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Snowy vs Thamrick tomorrow then?

RagingIke297

#2550 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:10 pm
I would say lynch between Fox, RDR, Snowy & Thamrick right now, but I'm going to be reading all day and i might pick up on something that changes my mind

Foxcastle

#2551 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm
I think that Fox is scummy. He left the same 3 people off of his reads list twice and seems like he is avoiding them. He has advocated that I am scum all game which seems like a tactic scum would use in combination with not NK'ing me to get me lynched in a critical situation. He continues to advocate that I am scum, but isn't voting for me, seems like he is waiting until he can get enough people to not look scummy when he does it. I bring up that the scum are playing long game with me and he flat out rejects it "The scumteam is probably not playing some brilliant long game." He's posted 8 times in the last two days and I feel like he's a better player and should be doing more.
I haven't been advocating lynching you because there's been no appetite for it, particularly when we've had copscans to work on. But yes, I still think you're scum.

Also, I was traveling for work all week, so yeah, my posting was light.

And isn't a little bit contradictory to imply I'm a reasonably good player ("I feel like he's a better play than that"), but base your scumread of me on something so boneheaded as leaving my scummates off my reads? Trust me, if I was scum, they'd have been in my reads one way or the other. As it stands, I don't mind admitting that I simply didn't catch them.

Foxcastle

#2552 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
I would say lynch between Fox, RDR, Snowy & Thamrick right now, but I'm going to be reading all day and i might pick up on something that changes my mind
Also, I note that you only picked up on scumreading me after Jamiet brought it up earlier. If you want to build a case, build a case. But that's not what you're doing, you're just trying to build a wagon.

Foxcastle

#2553 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Whatever happened to that Ezio scumslip from several days ago?

RagingIke297

#2554 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
I haven't been advocating lynching you because there's been no appetite for it, particularly when we've had copscans to work on. But yes, I still think you're scum.

Also, I was traveling for work all week, so yeah, my posting was light.

And isn't a little bit contradictory to imply I'm a reasonably good player ("I feel like he's a better play than that"), but base your scumread of me on something so boneheaded as leaving my scummates off my reads? Trust me, if I was scum, they'd have been in my reads one way or the other. As it stands, I don't mind admitting that I simply didn't catch them.
I just don't like it, and its not the only thing I'm basing the scum read off of. You quoted the post, read it. Additionally twice now you have mentioned how RDR is getting no pressure and you have done nothing to pressure him.
I feel like Rdrivera usually gets more pressure than this and he's been largely ignored this game.
I also left out Rdrivera. I still think it's odd that he's not getting pressure

RagingIke297

#2555 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:21 pm
Whatever happened to that Ezio scumslip from several days ago?
I don't remember anyone mentioning a scum slip by Ezio

RagingIke297

#2556 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Also, I note that you only picked up on scumreading me after Jamiet brought it up earlier. If you want to build a case, build a case. But that's not what you're doing, you're just trying to build a wagon.
When are you referring to? I started building a case against you yesterday (d6)

Foxcastle

#2557 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:30 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:

When are you referring to? I started building a case against you yesterday (d6)
Sorry, I guess it was you who brought it up, but I ended up mostly replying to Jamiet about it.

Anyway, I'm out of the loop, and behind on my tournament games, and will try to catch up, but feel free to lynch me so that you know when I say it's Ike, Jamiet, and Ezio, you know that it's at least authentic.

RagingIke297

#2558 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:51 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Also, now that you point it out, I should worded that last sentence this way: I feel like he's a good player and if he is town he would be doing more

Question for you, if I am indeed scum why has the "real" doctor not claimed yet? Why didn't he save peter yesterday?

Foxcastle

#2559 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 25, 2018 3:59 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:51 pm
Also, now that you point it out, I should worded that last sentence this way: I feel like he's a good player and if he is town he would be doing more
Unfortunately, while I was working 10-12 hour days on a work trip all this week, I had less time to go back and try to re-read on my phone, let alone type out theories. Mea culpa. :eyeroll:

RagingIke297

#2560 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:01 pm

This is @ you fox

Question for you, if I am indeed scum why has the "real" doctor not claimed yet? Why didn't he save peter yesterday?