M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#2321 Post by kgray » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:09 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:08 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:06 am
Kgray what's your read on me right now?
Well you keep avoiding my questions which is like my biggest scum trigger... But you're really different from your scum game, less worried about how you look, so I lean town.
Wait what questions did I avoid?
What's Vecna like as scum? You're dismissing my town read of him because you don't like that I think he's being "normal" but I've only ever played with town!Vecna. So if you want me to question that read you need to at least give me some perspective of what you think he's like as scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2322 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am

kgray wrote:
Tell me your 2 strongest scumreads and townreads and why. Also tell me what you think scum!Vecna is like.
Jesus. Uh town is celaph definitely cause of the QT thing. You might be the second but I don't really want to elaborate on why because you seem good at adjusting your game and also fairly easy to read right now.. If you want another I think Jamie for the PM thing and for using his thirty posts on petty shit that came to mind. I also like Durga and worcej a little bit and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Scum #1 is probably damo cause I understand his thought processes more than I should? #2 a Chaqa/Maniac yeah is kinda plausible cause Maniac is useless and Chaqa could have saved him. I also have issues with both Flum and brain.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2323 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:20 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am
ghug wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:08 am

Well you keep avoiding my questions which is like my biggest scum trigger... But you're really different from your scum game, less worried about how you look, so I lean town.
What's Vecna like as scum? You're dismissing my town read of him because you don't like that I think he's being "normal" but I've only ever played with town!Vecna. So if you want me to question that read you need to at least give me some perspective of what you think he's like as scum.
Oh lol I avoided this one again.

I don't remember, honestly. I caught him in M14 I think cause he was ridiculous, but that was his first game. He did an absurd schtick where he pretended to be Caesar and ordered everyone around once. I just know he's always been hard to read for me, so I'm not gonna trust him easily, and I feel like the natural reaction is to be suspicious of people I've only seen as town because I don't have a point of comparison (see HB), so townreading him for being normal is blegh.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2324 Post by kgray » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am
kgray wrote:
Tell me your 2 strongest scumreads and townreads and why. Also tell me what you think scum!Vecna is like.
Jesus. Uh town is celaph definitely cause of the QT thing. You might be the second but I don't really want to elaborate on why because you seem good at adjusting your game and also fairly easy to read right now.. If you want another I think Jamie for the PM thing and for using his thirty posts on petty shit that came to mind. I also like Durga and worcej a little bit and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Scum #1 is probably damo cause I understand his thought processes more than I should? #2 a Chaqa/Maniac yeah is kinda plausible cause Maniac is useless and Chaqa could have saved him. I also have issues with both Flum and brain.
What's your issue with Flum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2325 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:27 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am
kgray wrote:

What's your issue with Flum?
He said I was playing to my scum meta but didn't want to vote for me.

a) I think I'm not, and b) I think town Flum sees going after me as a worthwhile challenge if he thinks I'm scum. We're also not agreeing on everything, which is what usually happens.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2326 Post by Maniac » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 am
Maniac wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:26 am
RIP ND - I know you wanted to stir the pot and get reactions, hopefully people can re-read those reactions and if you have helped us find scum, then you’ve done your job as a team player.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:23 pm
So, people killed an obvious town ND because he is annoying. Great.
People come here to have fun rather than just win. If DK someone who could’ve been scum makes the game more enjoyable for some, then that’s not a terrible outcome. Players who come to press buttons are fine to play how they like, but that can have consequences.
So how does ND's flip change your read of Durga?
Well clearly it destroys the part where I felt ND and Durga could both be scum and putting on a show. Durga could still be scum and used NDs attack on her to get him killed.

Overall I think I need to start afresh D2 (assuming I survive) now that we have some new information.

For the record I missed EOD. But had I been on I would’ve voted ND

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2327 Post by Maniac » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:33 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:06 am
Kgray what's your read on me right now?
This oozes scum to me. It’s like Ghug thinks he is playing a great game pretending to be town and wants Kgray to town read him so he can give himself a big old pat on the back and later taunt her with ‘I fooled you’. I’m not fooled Ghug. I have you pegged my old mucka.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2328 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:44 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:20 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am
ghug wrote:

Oh lol I avoided this one again.

I don't remember, honestly. I caught him in M14 I think cause he was ridiculous, but that was his first game. He did an absurd schtick where he pretended to be Caesar and ordered everyone around once. I just know he's always been hard to read for me, so I'm not gonna trust him easily, and I feel like the natural reaction is to be suspicious of people I've only seen as town because I don't have a point of comparison (see HB), so townreading him for being normal is blegh.
That Ceasar game is one if my favorites and we just crushed town...

Scum Vecna is hard to catch, he doesn't have a distinctive tell. But I think one of the Vecna's quality is to be obviously town when he is town, so we just need to wait a bit.

By the way, I think HB is probably scum. His posts at night are really forced, remembered me Damo last game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2329 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 am

Maniac wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 am
kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 am
Maniac wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:26 am
RIP ND - I know you wanted to stir the pot and get reactions, hopefully people can re-read those reactions and if you have helped us find scum, then you’ve done your job as a team player.

People come here to have fun rather than just win. If DK someone who could’ve been scum makes the game more enjoyable for some, then that’s not a terrible outcome. Players who come to press buttons are fine to play how they like, but that can have consequences.
So how does ND's flip change your read of Durga?
Well clearly it destroys the part where I felt ND and Durga could both be scum and putting on a show. Durga could still be scum and used NDs attack on her to get him killed.

Overall I think I need to start afresh D2 (assuming I survive) now that we have some new information.

For the record I missed EOD. But had I been on I would’ve voted ND
Still think this slot is scum.

The only good part of ND flip is that I won't need to look for shoes recipes.

Vecna

#2330 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:50 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:12 pm
If we can't kill ND, we should kill brain or Maniac or worcej.
what happened to low hanging fruit votes eh ghug?

Vecna

#2331 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:05 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 pm

21. Why do you "hate" scumreading Bozo?

What a strange remark.
Because I think he's one of the best town players on this site and in general I do not want to kill him D1.
22. How would you assess his performance so far? Is it a performance befitting one of the best town players? He is not living up to your description of him. Perhaps it was just a fantasy all along, or perhaps the river of time has worn away his once-lofty mind. Awake from your dreams, cast aside the legends of yesteryear, and look upon the real Bozo2020, a shadow of a man barely able to connect one thought to another. Yes, we weep for his memory, but we must play the game in the present.
Still cant shake the feeling this is theatrics scum jamiet

Vecna

#2332 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:10 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:38 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:37 pm
I think the main votes are between Maniac, ND, and Teacon. People should start compiling onto one of them
24. Convenient that you pick Teacon, of all the 2-voter wagons. There are seven of them, but of course you pretend that the one your vote happens to be on is the most viable. How about you move to Bozo?
At least Jamiet does call out flum's bullshit post.

I would have thought that a town flum wouldve taken note of the wagon that Kgray and Vecna are on, and at least give it some consideration.

bozotheclown

#2333 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:11 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:58 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 pm
@kgray

Why did you change off of teacon, and then not back to him?
Partially because Vecna said teacon is town, and I townread Vecna and trust his reads somewhat. Partially because I think Bunny is scum and he was voting for teacon, and his "happy with where his vote is" post really bugged me. Partially because I thought that town!teacon was more likely to show his towniness to me later than town!ND was, and in the end I'd rather be wrong and have ND out of the game than be wrong and have teacon out of the game.
BunnyGo was already voting for teacon when you voted for teacon, and the other things except what Vecna said seems like they would have been true when you voted for teacon.

Also, the 7 minute push on BunnyGo between taking teacon out of the lead and putting ND in the lead looks suspicious.

bozotheclown

#2334 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:23 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:20 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm

This is more what I was expecting. This feels honest.
Agree that its honest, it makes me uncomfortable though

A lot of excuses why theres no content from them but no attempt to even generate town reads,

Very low effort play at best
I included two town reads (flum and nd) in another post around the same time. Bunny knows me in real life and most of his reactions to my posts seem to be him confused my initial shit posting.
aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 pm
Sorry I haven’t been posting much. I just caught up on everything and didn’t realize EOD was so close. I’m going to switch to

##vote ND

My reason behind this is that the initial fighting seemed like a way to clog up discussion. And everything after that has seemed like a way to get attention off themselves. Also I’d be lying if I didn’t say that their posts have also been too abrasive for me, so I won’t be too sad if I’m wrong with the read.
I find this switch by aarodactyl from saying ND was one of his 2 town reads when questioned by Nephthys to voting for ND suspicious.

Vecna

#2335 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:44 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:27 pm
Vash just vote ND and stop being a loser
Theres quite a lot of irony in this post

bozotheclown

#2336 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:44 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:50 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm
Jamie is usually easy to read, will prob obvtown soon enough
damo666 wrote:
damo666 wrote:
We got one ##vote Damo
:eyeroll:

The 'prob' implies the unstated "assuming he is town". Obviously.

Go vote somewhere worthwhile.
I do not know if I buy damo's explanation.

Also, I question damo avoiding ND vs. teacon with his final vote:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:57 pm
ND and teacon both town imo so

##vote Maniac

Vecna

#2337 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 pm

You think he's town?
yeah he ia
Yes he is, or yes, you think he is?
What weird question was this?

bozotheclown

#2338 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:52 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
Skimming up to this point, what I've summarised is:

1) There's this whole oddly transparent veneer of sexism coating the whole "hurr durr who toxic" shit, ND's being a bitch, Durga is being dick in response, the responses to them compared to say, shit talk between bb and Jamie is totally different. Bleh. That and how the expectations of players are different, but not going to there at this moment.

2) Damo, you are too chipper and cracked one too many jokes again, ##vote damo

now imma go back and respond to quotes.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 pm
Oh good, no need to move as wagon pushed forwards by self. Statement sitting time then.
That was a weak reason to scum read damo for emc to want to make a statement by ending with his vote on damo instead of one of the top wagons, it makes me think it could be bussing.

Vecna

#2339 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:59 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:58 pm
Oh good, no need to move as wagon pushed forwards by self. Statement sitting time then.
I also prefer to let other people make all the decisions for me
Itd be good if you focussed on something else as well HR. So far it just seems like you picked an easy target to tunnel down on

Vecna

#2340 Post by Vecna » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:59 pm
even if nd flip town i think this was a town motivated push
Scum Durga doesn't make this post I don't think
:sick: