M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread - HIDDEN

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread

#3661 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:08 pm
youre no fun
Me? :cry:

Jamiet99uk

#3662 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:11 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:03 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:31 pm

I'd still like to know why you thought I was confirmed town for a second.
Ok. I will answer this, but of course you'll have to take my word for this.

I protected you, Ghug, on N1. At EoD2, the GM (Donny) sent me a PM saying "You successfully protected Ghug".

I initially assumed this must mean that you had been targeted by the Mafia for a kill, and I had saved your life. This puzzled me because it would have meant the Mafia had two kills. I assumed there was some mechanic which allowed them to pay some of their credits to get a one off extra kill. I sent the GM a message asking for this to be clarified.

While I was waiting for the GMs to reply to this query, I assumed that you were guaranteed town, because the GM's message made me think you had been attacked.

A little later, DonnyGM replied to my query, and clarified that his first message was only meant to confirm that my action did not *fail*, i.e. I was not Roleblocked and did not collide with the other FH.

Hope that makes sense?
Woah !!! Getting said message doesn't mean there was an attempt on your protectee? This contradicts what you said earlier. If this is true you/we cannot know for sure you were Maniac's target can we?

I'm confused.
Please read more carefully.
The message I got at the end of N1 is not the same as the message I got at the end of N3.

Vecna

#3663 Post by Vecna » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:15 pm

this game really needs a higher dose of Macca, Rdrivera, Bunny and Damo figuring things out

Vecna

#3664 Post by Vecna » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:16 pm

all these people currently talking are way too efficient at charming theirselves into my good graces

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3665 Post by dargorygel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:15 pm
this game really needs a higher dose of Macca, Rdrivera, Bunny and Damo figuring things out
I'd particularly like to see the clarity of drunkBunny (tr.) Not to encourage drunkeness, but that form of bunny DOES bring a certain amount of clarity. (and as I stated, its absence concerns me.)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3666 Post by dargorygel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:16 pm
all these people currently talking are way too efficient at charming theirselves into my good graces
How's this, then...
Vecna: Your’e short, your belly button sticks out too far and you’re a terrible burden on your poor mother.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3667 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:18 pm

@Vecna - I usually don't like trying to catch the whole scum team at once as it never works. But the team you suggested make sense, I would still include Damo on Ghug's or Kgray's place. Town Damo isn't like this, he is annoying sometimes but he tries to solve even with convoluted theories.

This said, I will ##vote Macca with you and Dargo because you are the towncore now with Jamiet.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3668 Post by dargorygel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 pm
Vecna wrote:
the fact neither kgray or chaqa called me out on doing a classic vecna stupid move again though.....

Normally I get called out for being that history channel guy when I do such stuff
The last few days have kinda overloaded me on the stupidity front
Sad. You were ALREADY fairly burdened on that front.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3669 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Vecna wrote:
I am here. What do you want from me?

I am a 100% confirmed vanilla town and you should know it by now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3670 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:36 pm
Would it be useful for me to announce who I saved on N1 and N2?

I protected you, Ghug, on N1. At EoD2, the GM (Donny) sent me a PM saying "You successfully protected Ghug".

I initially assumed this must mean that you had been targeted by the Mafia for a kill, and I had saved your life. This puzzled me because it would have meant the Mafia had two kills. I assumed there was some mechanic which allowed them to pay some of their credits to get a one off extra kill. I sent the GM a message asking for this to be clarified.

While I was waiting for the GMs to reply to this query, I assumed that you were guaranteed town, because the GM's message made me think you had been attacked.

A little later, DonnyGM replied to my query, and clarified that his first message was only meant to confirm that my action did not *fail*, i.e. I was not Roleblocked and did not collide with the other FH.

Hope that makes sense?
Yes, thank you. I was convinced you were implying investigative powers for days...

This begs the question, though: was the PM received after last night different? Are you confident you actually saved yourself? (I'm not being snarky, and will take you at your word)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3671 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:21 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
I'd particularly like to see the clarity of drunkBunny (tr.) Not to encourage drunkeness, but that form of bunny DOES bring a certain amount of clarity. (and as I stated, its absence concerns me.)
Yep, Bunny is also having a free pass he didn't deserve.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3672 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:26 pm

I really feel like Macca is not the answer here. Still a solid townread.

The only thing really giving me pause on kgray at this point is that she was a plausible Maniac target, but that really just means scum have a faith healer if she is scum, so I'm ok with her as a wagon.

Bunny and Seth have been coasting long enough that I can't townread either in good conscience anymore.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3673 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
seth too

Jamiet99uk

#3674 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:

Hope that makes sense?
Yes, thank you. I was convinced you were implying investigative powers for days...

This begs the question, though: was the PM received after last night different? Are you confident you actually saved yourself? (I'm not being snarky, and will take you at your word)
Yes, 100%. The PM I got from last night specifically says that there was an attack, and that I healed the victim (myself). Whereas the N1 PM only said I successfully visited you (I interpreted "success" as an actual save, until the GM clarified this).

For the record, the PM I got from the end of N2, from Worcej, no doubt seeking to avoid the conclusion from the first message, said "You successfully visit [Redacted] but you find they are not in need of your aid".

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3675 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:28 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
I am here. What do you want from me?

I am a 100% confirmed vanilla town and you should know it by now.
Jeff?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3676 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:30 pm

Yeah. Vecna looks a lot better today. He's wrong about a lot of things, but he's obviously solving. Also I really liked his "gotcha" moment with me and how quickly he took that back after Jamie's claim.

Vecna/darg/Jamie in my top townreads.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3677 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:30 pm
Yeah. Vecna looks a lot better today. He's wrong about a lot of things, but he's obviously solving. Also I really liked his "gotcha" moment with me and how quickly he took that back after Jamie's claim.

Vecna/darg/Jamie in my top townreads.
https://i.imgur.com/PxeZWyh.jpg

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3678 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:38 pm

This is where I stand:

Scum
Kgray
Bunny
Rivera
Damo
Seth
-------------------------
Macca
Dargo
-------------------------
Vecna
Jamiet
Ghug
Town

People below the second line I refuse to vote for.

People above the first line I prefer to vote for. People in the middle I will vote for to save one of the people in the bottom group.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3679 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:39 pm

*but would otherwise prefer to not vote for

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3680 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:40 pm

I think Macca has a good chance at being scum. The way they "pick and choose" what they understand and how it affects their reads doesn't seem authentic to me and I think they're overplaying the newb card.

Would also be happy with wagons on seth/damo/bunny.

Apparently town is all fine letting Chaqa get away with this.

##vote ghug