M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread - HIDDEN

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread

#3581 Post by dargorygel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:09 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:03 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Aye. And you see nothing but town, there, right?
I do think your townread is stronger than my suspicion-level. Basically, my suspicions about seth center around his lack of any stands. He talks about radar and 'looking bad.' But comes short of any real conclusions. At the time, he and bunny were all I had. Not strongly felt in either case. So, while seth is on my 'do not go into the woods with' list, I'm not pushing him today.
Yeah bunny and seth both have something similair going for them I feel. (seth much more so than bunny).

They both just feel like the typical flawed town playstyle. Town always feel flawed. But they both appear to be playing to their town meta from what I can tell. Seth early game was super aggressive in how he attacked and rediculed people.

Bunny has felt to take the same type of stances and have the same playstyle as his usual towngame ~but~ I feel he'd probably be very good at faking that stuff as scum as well. Also his volume is a lot lower, but that could very well be due to his RL stuff.
This post disappoints me. I thought/hoped you had some BRILLIANT reason to so stolidly defend seth. But I will get over it.

I'll be gone for awhile.

I think we've done good work, this morning.

Vecna

#3582 Post by Vecna » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:16 pm

locktown, will never vote: Vecna, Darg, Jamiet
Very strong townread, will probably never vote: Seth

Very small townread/null: Bunny, Damo

Unable to get a read on past recruitment: Rdrivera

Likely scumteam: Macca, Kgray, Chaqa (Ghug)

Vecna

#3583 Post by Vecna » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:09 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:03 pm

I do think your townread is stronger than my suspicion-level. Basically, my suspicions about seth center around his lack of any stands. He talks about radar and 'looking bad.' But comes short of any real conclusions. At the time, he and bunny were all I had. Not strongly felt in either case. So, while seth is on my 'do not go into the woods with' list, I'm not pushing him today.
Yeah bunny and seth both have something similair going for them I feel. (seth much more so than bunny).

They both just feel like the typical flawed town playstyle. Town always feel flawed. But they both appear to be playing to their town meta from what I can tell. Seth early game was super aggressive in how he attacked and rediculed people.

Bunny has felt to take the same type of stances and have the same playstyle as his usual towngame ~but~ I feel he'd probably be very good at faking that stuff as scum as well. Also his volume is a lot lower, but that could very well be due to his RL stuff.
This post disappoints me. I thought/hoped you had some BRILLIANT reason to so stolidly defend seth. But I will get over it.

I'll be gone for awhile.

I think we've done good work, this morning.
if he had continued to early playstyle I probably could put it in words way better, but he sort of vanished

damo666

#3584 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 pm

Vecna souding strongly town with these posts, so I'm removing him from my list of scum possibles.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3585 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:56 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:33 am
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:32 am

Very interesting.

Firstly, I scumread you, and definitely think that this is possible (if not likely).

Secondly, I scumread ghug, and think that this is a thing he could have lied about.

Thirdly, I scumread you more than ghug, so I'm still game to vote you. If you come up town, then I will be certain that ghug is not.

Therefore, one of you two is definitely scum, so voting one to test is a good idea, since we have the people spare to afford 1 miskill, as long as the next isn't, which it won't be.
You know, I feel this may be a genuine dumbslip.
really? You remembered ghug talking about that?

For someone thats apparently not aware of the setup, has very few posts, how does Macca know Ghug made that statement at some point? I sure didnt (remember).
I remembered that HB was mod killed, yes. I have this thing called memory.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3586 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am
Jamie is clearly town healer and saved himself but the narcissistic nit in him made him assume he was Maniac target.

I doubt Maniac targeted Jamie, I think Jamie forgot there are 2 healers.

I think Maniac would have targeted either Seth or kgray. In both cases I can't see them being saved by another town healer so whichever was the target either town self saved or is scum with the latter being more probable.

I think scumghug is toying with us and having a ball. My vote stays there but I would be willing to switch to either kgray or Seth if those wagons are more viable than ghug's close to EOD.

I'm disappointed in Jamie, I think it's virtually impossible for us to win now but we must try. It is essential we daykill scum today.
How does that make sense at all??? Mafia can’t put two kills out at once.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3587 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 am
There are some VCA reasons to suspect him, and Maniac was apparently feeling strong enough about it to shoot him, but Maniac isn't fullproof and Jamiet doesn't feel like his scum self to me, especially right now.
What is "fullproof" ?
I do not know this word.
Foolproof

Vecna

#3588 Post by Vecna » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:25 pm
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:33 am

You know, I feel this may be a genuine dumbslip.

For someone thats apparently not aware of the setup, has very few posts, how does Macca know Ghug made that statement at some point? I sure didnt (remember).
not what that post was about though

damo666

#3589 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:27 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am
Jamie is clearly town healer and saved himself but the narcissistic nit in him made him assume he was Maniac target.

I doubt Maniac targeted Jamie, I think Jamie forgot there are 2 healers.

I think Maniac would have targeted either Seth or kgray. In both cases I can't see them being saved by another town healer so whichever was the target either town self saved or is scum with the latter being more probable.

I think scumghug is toying with us and having a ball. My vote stays there but I would be willing to switch to either kgray or Seth if those wagons are more viable than ghug's close to EOD.

I'm disappointed in Jamie, I think it's virtually impossible for us to win now but we must try. It is essential we daykill scum today.
How does that make sense at all??? Mafia can’t put two kills out at once.
I never suggested there was. I was saying that FH Jamie protected himself and just assumed he was Maniac's target. I didn't realise at that time he had received a message saying his save was successful and that therefore there had been at attempt on his life.

Jamiet99uk

#3590 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:47 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:42 am
I am not sure I buy this from Macca but I definitely don't buy it from Bunny.
I've really just read this page. I am not caught up *at all*. What am I missing? Ghug accused you of killing someone?
I don't buy this either, Bunny.

Ghug jokingly said that Kgray had killed Hamilton.

You know that Hamilton died due to being Modkilled. So he could not have been killed by Kgray. We know that you know that, because you commented on how you felt the GM's decision was "harsh" at the time. Now you are behaving as if you did not know this.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3591 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:25 pm
Vecna wrote:

not what that post was about though
When kgray asks Macca about ghug saying she killed HB, I clearly knew that kgray was either:
1. Joking
2. Doing some sort of reaction thing

because I knew for a fact HB was mod killed and vaguely remembered ghug making a joke about it before. Not rocket science.

Jamiet99uk

#3592 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:42 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:53 pm
jamiet/damo, thoughts on asking the double voter to claim?

it narrows down the second doc or diarist for scum, but theyre probably very close already with the knowledge of their own roles/alignment anyways combined with knowing me + rdrivera + jamiet + darg
What's the big benefit of having the DV expose themselves?

damo666

#3593 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:36 pm
im perfectly fine popping Macca - Kgray - Chaqa - Ghug (in that order because I like Ghug and he's entertaining) untill one of em doesnt flip scum.

I feel quite good about those 4 just being the team
@Vecna do you have any evidence of scum on Macca other than your coaching theory? You do not have to provide detail if you don't wish, a simple yes or no will suffice. Thanks.

Jamiet99uk

#3594 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Damo is voting for Ghug
Vecna scumreads Ghug
Kgray scumreads Ghug
Rdrivera scumreads Ghug

I scumread Ghug
I think we should dispose of Ghug today

##VOTE GHUG

damo666

#3595 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:39 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:47 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:42 am
I am not sure I buy this from Macca but I definitely don't buy it from Bunny.
I've really just read this page. I am not caught up *at all*. What am I missing? Ghug accused you of killing someone?
I don't buy this either, Bunny.

Ghug jokingly said that Kgray had killed Hamilton.

You know that Hamilton died due to being Modkilled. So he could not have been killed by Kgray. We know that you know that, because you commented on how you felt the GM's decision was "harsh" at the time. Now you are behaving as if you did not know this.
Yeah, this is a bit wierd.

damo666

#3596 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:54 pm

*weird

doh!

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3597 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:12 pm

seth24c wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:09 am
Quick list of what my thoughts are on people at this point. After looking at votes and before I do any more reading or ISO’s.
Darg- was on both flum and hr around the third and forth votes, on seth day 3. Hasn’t had many posts that caught my attention.
Damo - don’t remember much from damo, seems to be in the background. Ended up on flum, teacon, and bo
Ghug - Ended up on Jamie, darg, and was one of the last votes on bo. Protested heavily against both flum and HR’s death. Has felt town to me but also did last game.. This is worrying me.
Jamie - Was early on both the flum, and hr wagons. Was on maniac day 3. Feels town to me at this point.
Kgray - ended up on flum, darg, and bo. Still very nervous about this slot.
Vecna - ended up on teacon, HR, and Kgray. Lots of posts make me feel good here.
Chaqa - Jamie, hr, and seth. Not much has caught my eye.
Macca - ghug, no vote, and bo. Still feels almost over the top still to me. If so great acting but probably town.
Bunny - flum, darg, seth. Bunny is a wild card for me. Suspect.
Rdr - teacon, maniac, bo. Has felt off for me from the start and is becoming more suspicious in my mind.
Seth - flum, hr, bo. Extremely suspect voting record. Which means we need to look for those who have been trying to keep their vote record clean.

Town reads are currently vecna, ghug, Jamie, macca
Top suspects are rdr, kgray, bunny, chaqa.
Darg and damo are nullish.
Are your reads based on your VCA or something else? You are basically just giving a summary of people's votes here but I'm not seeing how that connects to you reads. For example, if you are looking for people who didn't vote to kill town, why is ghug in your townreads given his D1 and D2 votes? He seems like a good candidate for someone who would be trying to keep his vote record clean.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3598 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:35 am
Yeah... I'm beginning to get that vibe.

##VOTE kgray
Why though? You just listed your top scumreads as Seth, Bunny, kgray, chaqa, and ghug but said I was last on your list. How did that suddenly change?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3599 Post by kgray » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:54 am
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:32 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:13 am
Hi Macca. What did you think about ghug claiming he caught me killing Hamilton?
Very interesting.

Firstly, I scumread you, and definitely think that this is possible (if not likely).

Secondly, I scumread ghug, and think that this is a thing he could have lied about.

Thirdly, I scumread you more than ghug, so I'm still game to vote you. If you come up town, then I will be certain that ghug is not.

Therefore, one of you two is definitely scum, so voting one to test is a good idea, since we have the people spare to afford 1 miskill, as long as the next isn't, which it won't be.
Is it just me thinking this looks fucking fabricated? And Kgray asked the question to allow Macca to do more townslipping?
I asked the question because Macca was voting for me because of ghug's joke...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3600 Post by Chaqa » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm

That little probe of Macca is the most town thing Kgray has done all game, but I still don't think she's town. It's possibly a pre-arranged interaction as I pointed out (odd that Vecna thinks it was his idea), but that to me is a situation where we flip kgray first and then Macca, I think?