M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread - HIDDEN

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread

#3301 Post by dargorygel » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:45 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:44 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:20 pm
biden sounds like he has corona or is completely wasted

hoarsey horse boy
He sounds like he is old.. which he is...

@ghug... i don't know, know, know. I was making a joke about how damo and I used to always kill each other. And iirc, the ONE time I was NKed, it was because he proposed and pushed it.
I meant the part where you're sure he's town.
Ahhh... well, i don't know, know, know. He's on my town list. Mostly gut feelings, but we do not have much more than that in this game. He has both responded, AND started conversations. And he is mostly unemotional. I see damo as scum when he over-reacts and jumps around a lot. What do you think of him at this point?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3302 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 pm

I'm at the part of the game where I'm lost and depressed so idk how much reads mean right now.

Townreads (most to least confident):
Vecna
Maniac
Macca
Chaqa
Bunny
Seth
Rd

That leaves Jamie, darg, damo, and kgray, I think, but that's probably wrong. Everyone below the dot has been shitty enough recently that I'm doubting those reads.

Vecna

#3303 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:58 pm

dont kill seth, ghug

Anyways, town really needs to start finding townreads and working together going forward. If you all just vote in a big FFA, we are guaranteed to lose this game.

Let yourself be convinced. Work together as a team with the people you can trust. If not, scum is going to swing every vote in their favour

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3304 Post by kgray » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm

town

darg - all I've heard for people's reasons to scumread him is that he seems uncomfortable and I'm not getting that vibe at all. I think he seems very open.

Maniac - I definitely thought Maniac was scummy before his claim and I don't think his games yesterday were particularly helpful, but I think it's unlikely scum does that.

Jamie - he feels authentic, and I think that Jamie could fake that as scum, but I also think he's trying to solve. I see him looking into things he finds suspicious and they're often sort of out-of-the-blue so he's not just hopping on the group-think train like scum are prone to do.

Macca - they're not explaining their reads too much, but for the most part they don't seem to be hiding or avoiding giving their opinions. I liked the way they looked into the seth case, it made me think they're trying to actually solve instead of just saying "I like/don't like this person."

damo - I had to look through his iso to remind myself what he's done, but on review it looks like normal damo giving reads without explanation and using his probability methods to narrow down scum.

ghug - I still don't like his D2 EOD and the way he made it seem like he was really trying to save HR, because I don't think he was. But I can't point to much else that I find suspicious and overall I'm not getting the slimy feeling from him I was getting later on in M60.

Bunny - I still don't have a read on Bunny and this concerns me.

Vecna - I don't and will probably never understand why he's mechanically town. I get that we don't want to talk about it too much but I feel like his claim is NAI and he's just relying on his reputation to use it to clear him.

Rivera - not feeling as good as I was about him. He is taking a sit-back-and-watch approach and the way he reacted to bo's flip isn't sitting well with me at all.

seth - I'm not getting any townvibes from seth at all. Last game I scumread him for his D1 votes but when he was under pressure later he came off as really towny. That hasn't happened here.

chaqa - duh.

scum

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3305 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Wasn't going to bother with an EoN post, but there's at least a possibility that Maniac gets killed and shoots me tonight. If that happens, we're in a really bad spot (6-4 assuming mafia recruited), so I want to put my thoughts out there.

Damo - Mild townread here. Hasn't done much of remark and I don't think I've really interacted with him, but him calling out my assumption on the Double Vote seems like a town tell?

Dargo - Definitely the Fruit Vendor, possibly mafia? I think FV is useful for mafia to mess with Faith Healers, if I'm understanding that correctly, so I could see scum taking the role, but I've not gotten a scummy vibe from him, so I'd lean slight town here.

Bunny - Bunny hasn't been drunk bunny yet. Probable scum.

Ghug - #1 town boy. Deal with it, that's all the reasoning I need.

Jamiet - I've been super back and forth on Jamiet all game. Day 1 still makes some sense if he were scum, but it's not 100%. I'll say moderate town for now.

Kgray - I've covered some reasons why I think Kgray is scum. Originally it was just a feeling based on her not seeming like she was investigating and probing like she does as town (very much a detective type). However, once I started pushing her, I was pretty certain, and my three-way lock vote on her idea REALLY upset her, but for the wrong reasons IMO. To me that entire interaction made it extremely blatant that she is scum.

Macca - Lurker scum. GG EZ

Maniac - There's a small chance he is a scum!Vengeful, but I don't think so, unless he was recruited and random'd into this role. Not much else to say here.

Rivera - Public Vanilla. Could be scum.

Seth - Like a slightly more active version of Macca. Scum.

Vecna - I forget exactly what it was now, but some interaction and comments by Vecna earlier made me feel he's very much town and I haven't had anything happen to change that read. Voyeur is not a role I think mafia would bother with either, so it seems unlikely he is anything but a good crewmate doing his tasks.

Some of this is more fleshed out than other. Just how it goes. I'm much more confident in my town reads than my scum reads, outside of Kgray

worcej

#3306 Post by worcej » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

worcej

#3307 Post by worcej » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Night 3 Flavor
The Mastermind’s assistant passes him another report. The room is still dark, but there is a constant glow illuminating the room from the various monitors around his desk.

“This is the bid for the show from CNN.” She hands him another set of reports. “This is the bid from MTV, and then below it is the bid from TLC, and below that is the bid from the BBC.”

The Mastermind smiles at her. “Glad to see the 'high quality' entertainment channels are focused on adding this to their content. Anything else?”

The assistant checks her notes.”Oh yes, the hunters took care of a contestant and found that he had a gun on him. We’re not sure how it slipped through security checks, but now it will not be a problem going forward.”

The Mastermind nods his head. “Good. Keep up the good work. That’ll be all for today.”

His assistant nods and makes her way out of the room while the Mastermind spins his chair around and once again begins watching the monitors.

Maniac has died! He was the Town Vengeful.

Day 4 has begun. You may now post.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3308 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Did he seriously fucking pick nobody, or was somebody saved?

Vecna

#3309 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:13 pm

Oh, I think this is a wonderful moment to be quiet and gauge some reactions

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3310 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 pm

So, we know he couldn't be roleblocked. Commuter is dead. Must be a Healer save?

Vecna

#3311 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 pm

also, why does Kgray keep talking about whether my claim clears me? What does that matter? Who even reads me based on that lol?

Such dissonance, much wow

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3312 Post by kgray » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 pm

He wouldn't have gone through all of that and then not picked someone.... right?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3313 Post by kgray » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:16 pm
also, why does Kgray keep talking about whether my claim clears me? What does that matter? Who even reads me based on that lol?

Such dissonance, much wow
Because I can't think of a single other thing you've contributed to the game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3314 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm

##VOTE Jamie

I don't think kgray is scum with him or darg. She might be scum with Chaqa, but for now I still think he's town.

Vecna

#3315 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm

##vote Ghug

Choo-choo, thanks for keeping me alive buddy

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3316 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm
##vote Ghug

Choo-choo, thanks for keeping me alive buddy
Rude

Vecna

#3317 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:19 pm

didnt see that one coming now did ya?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3318 Post by ghug » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:20 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:19 pm
didnt see that one coming now did ya?
You know I would have killed the shit out of you if I were scum.

Vecna

#3319 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:21 pm

no you wouldnt, you promised you would not, so you wouldnt

Vecna

#3320 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:21 pm

that honour amongst scroundrels shit actually means something to you

monkey honour n all that