M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread - HIDDEN

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread

#1301 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:37 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm
ghug's latest N1 post was at 17:35, bo_sox's latest post was at 17:33. Maybe they both left after discussing N1 actions in scum chat.

ghug was actively posting during the 2 post clusters that aligned between HR and bo_sox, although ghug posted a lot D1.
There's this thing called bedtime
Is bo_sox in the same time zone?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1302 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:44 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:39 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:35 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 pm

I think it is inaccurate to say ghug would not normally be one of the top posters D1. However, I could buy their interaction as scum theater, or that one recruited the other. Maybe HR, ghug, and scum number 3 recruited bo_sox.
I would never recruit bo
Why not?
When we're scum together, it always goes poorly, and I strongly dislike him on a personal level.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1303 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:42 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:37 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm
ghug's latest N1 post was at 17:35, bo_sox's latest post was at 17:33. Maybe they both left after discussing N1 actions in scum chat.

ghug was actively posting during the 2 post clusters that aligned between HR and bo_sox, although ghug posted a lot D1.
There's this thing called bedtime
Is bo_sox in the same time zone?
I think we're two apart.

Typically there's nobody to talk to me once the east coast leaves for the night, though.

bozotheclown

#1304 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm

HR should probably be the D2 DK just for avoiding a mod-kill.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1305 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm
Because you think they're more likely to let him off as scum, because you think he's more likely to miss the deadline as scum, or because you think a principled town should policy kill him?

bozotheclown

#1306 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Because you think they're more likely to let him off as scum, because you think he's more likely to miss the deadline as scum, or because you think a principled town should policy kill him?
I think he is more likely to be given a second chance as scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1307 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm
ghug wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
I'm inclined to think the given reasons (time confusion x2, lack of subs) are legitimate.

bozotheclown

#1308 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:44 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:39 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:35 pm

I would never recruit bo
Why not?
When we're scum together, it always goes poorly, and I strongly dislike him on a personal level.
I could only find 2 games where you were scum with bo_sox, M33 and M58. You won M33 (thanks to Foxcastle) and lost M58. Do you think bo_sox played poorly as mafia in those games?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1309 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 am
I looked further into the HR and bo_sox posting. At 5:28, I posted a response to BunnyGo saying that bo_sox, HR, and Maniac had not responded to my question yet. bo_sox and HR both posted their answer at 3:58. At that time, HR's previous post was at 21:39. bo_sox previous post was at 4:07, but his post before that was at 22:41. Considering this lack of posting, both of them posting their answer in the same minute was a significant coincidence. I think it is worth considering the possibility that they discussed whether to answer the question in day chat as 2 of the 3 who had not yet answered, decided they would answer but did not discuss spacing out their answers, then cross posted their answers.

Prior to his 3:58 post, HR posted 3 times from 22:58 to 21:39. Prior to his 4:07 post, bo_sox posted 8 times between 23:01 and 22:41. HR posted 3 times from 3:58 to 3:41. bo_sox posted 4 times between 4:07 and 3:26. The timing of these vote clusters is also somewhat suspicious.
I will suggest that the times in question are when I'm probably most active on this site in general: The late afternoon from around 3-4pm until about 6pm is when I go on my PC after doing whatever menial tasks I can find around the house to not feel like a complete wastrel while unemployed. I then go and make & eat dinner from about 6ish until about 8-8:30ish, and then I come back to my computer again (unless there's football I'm watchign on, in which case I won't be on much until about 10pm). Then after doing my reading and posting, I go and do something more interesting (whether that be playing something or watching something) for a few more hours, and might sporadically check the site. And then whenever I start feeling like sleep, I might check in again before I go to bed - This'll usually be somewhere between 2am and 5am.

As I know you're the kind of guy to check this, I'm sure you can go and look up all the times I posted last game and verify that the vast majority were in those same clusters - Don't forget that daylight savings has kicked in in the UK between the two games though. I look forward to receiving said verification ;)

bozotheclown

#1310 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:25 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm
ghug wrote:

I'm inclined to think the given reasons (time confusion x2, lack of subs) are legitimate.
A lack of subs has nothing to do with him being given a warning over being mod-killed.

bozotheclown

#1311 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:25 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I looked further into the HR and bo_sox posting. At 5:28, I posted a response to BunnyGo saying that bo_sox, HR, and Maniac had not responded to my question yet. bo_sox and HR both posted their answer at 3:58. At that time, HR's previous post was at 21:39. bo_sox previous post was at 4:07, but his post before that was at 22:41. Considering this lack of posting, both of them posting their answer in the same minute was a significant coincidence. I think it is worth considering the possibility that they discussed whether to answer the question in day chat as 2 of the 3 who had not yet answered, decided they would answer but did not discuss spacing out their answers, then cross posted their answers.

Prior to his 3:58 post, HR posted 3 times from 22:58 to 21:39. Prior to his 4:07 post, bo_sox posted 8 times between 23:01 and 22:41. HR posted 3 times from 3:58 to 3:41. bo_sox posted 4 times between 4:07 and 3:26. The timing of these vote clusters is also somewhat suspicious.
I will suggest that the times in question are when I'm probably most active on this site in general: The late afternoon from around 3-4pm until about 6pm is when I go on my PC after doing whatever menial tasks I can find around the house to not feel like a complete wastrel while unemployed. I then go and make & eat dinner from about 6ish until about 8-8:30ish, and then I come back to my computer again (unless there's football I'm watchign on, in which case I won't be on much until about 10pm). Then after doing my reading and posting, I go and do something more interesting (whether that be playing something or watching something) for a few more hours, and might sporadically check the site. And then whenever I start feeling like sleep, I might check in again before I go to bed - This'll usually be somewhere between 2am and 5am.

As I know you're the kind of guy to check this, I'm sure you can go and look up all the times I posted last game and verify that the vast majority were in those same clusters - Don't forget that daylight savings has kicked in in the UK between the two games though. I look forward to receiving said verification ;)
OK, but that does not explain why your posting clusters seem to align with bo_sox, or why you both answered my question at the same time.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1312 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:38 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:36 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

OK, but that does not explain why your posting clusters seem to align with bo_sox, or why you both answered my question at the same time.
When I learn Bo_Sox's life routine, I'll get back to you on that front. But if you're suggesting I changed the times I was around because of a daychat, I'm pointing out that you're categorically wrong.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1313 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm

Does Flum’s role make it more likely Rdriveria is scum?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1314 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Although, if you want to go and check a scumchat to see how Bo & I behave when we're scum together with a daychat, you only have to look at... M57? M58? Whichever one we steamrollered everyone in, whilst doing the absolute bare minimum of co-ordination in there.

bozotheclown

#1315 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

When I learn Bo_Sox's life routine, I'll get back to you on that front. But if you're suggesting I changed the times I was around because of a daychat, I'm pointing out that you're categorically wrong.
I am not suggesting you changed the times you typically post, but it could be the times bo_sox posted more because he was already talking to you in scum chat.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1316 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm
Does Flum’s role make it more likely Rdriveria is scum?
Tell me more. What's the connection?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1317 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:46 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:38 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I am not suggesting you changed the times you typically post, but it could be the times bo_sox posted more because he was already talking to you in scum chat.
https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/uaYwzNX3LaS

Just how much co-ordinating do you see in there

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1318 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:50 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 pm

I also don't like Bozo taking day chat for granted when analyzing Bo and HR answers for his query. It was his second mistake about mechanics which isn't something usual for him. If I have an investigative power I would use on him.
Rdrivera, is non-mechanic attention AI, though? In most other cases, we consider too much mechanics an indicator of scumminess. Wouldn't bozo-scum be MORE mechanical? Do you remember (or does anyone) what he has done as scum in the past?
Bozo is usually focused on mechanics so it's NAI for him, but making mistakes could mean he isn't really paying attention and just trying to mimic his town behavior.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1319 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Are there any dissenters to feeling similar to RDR, about VCA around Flum being difficult to generate any information from?

RDR, before I get back into reading previous posts, are there particular reasons for Seth and Teacon being on your scum reads?

Is Bozo out of character for you?
Teacon for the same reasons I voted him on D1 and his vote on Flum didn't make me to scumread him less.

Seth vote on Flum is the other I don't feel organic, and I don't get any townie moments from him.

Kgray vote also makes me wonder a bit, but I suppose her feelings about last game could have played a part.

But like I said, the VCA isn't great with a large wagon. Townie points for Bo for tryng to shake things up.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1320 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 pm
Finally catched up.

The runaway wagon on Flum make hard to get something from VCA. Teacon wasn't saved as his wagon wasn't going nowhere and if I was around I would have changed my vote to Jamiet.

Jamiet could have been saved, but I don't get this feeling. From his voters Teacon and Seth are on my scum reads.

I also don't like Bozo taking day chat for granted when analyzing Bo and HR answers for his query. It was his second mistake about mechanics which isn't something usual for him. If I have an investigative power I would use on him.
Are you saying something about Jamie voters makes you scum read teacon and seth?

If teacon's town telling in his response to my question was fake, it was an impressive fabrication, especially the part about the 15 rolecops.
No, I just poorly redacted my message. I meant that between Flum voters, Teacon and Seth are the scummiest to me. The reason I already answered to HB.