M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread - HIDDEN

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: M61 - The Mastermind's Revenge - Game Thread

#241 Post by teacon7 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:50 pm

@HR,

There's already a rule related to game-related communications (i.e., PM's from the GMs). I suppose "timestamp" could easily be classified as "text content" and thus already covered:
worcej wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 pm
GENERAL RULES

0. The GMs reserve the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at their discretion.
1. All players must vote at least once per game day and make two posts per day phase. There are no posting requirements for the night phase.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots or text contents of ANY game-related communications.
Otherwise you just re-write that rule to say something like:
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots, contents, metadata, of ANY game-related communications.

teacon7

#242 Post by teacon7 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:47 pm
Of course, and as this is a site where people constantly try and break the games (so much so that we're not 24 hours in and it's already been tried in this one), there really should be a rule against it.

Though if a mafia player just never posted again after being asked that question, it'd be just as damning as them not knowing the answer ;)
heh. yeah. let's just make a rule against breaking rules, and see how long that works.

I wish we could make effective arguments against silence, but historically those never seemed to have much traction.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#243 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:52 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:50 pm
@HR,

There's already a rule related to game-related communications (i.e., PM's from the GMs). I suppose "timestamp" could easily be classified as "text content" and thus already covered:
worcej wrote:
GENERAL RULES

0. The GMs reserve the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at their discretion.
1. All players must vote at least once per game day and make two posts per day phase. There are no posting requirements for the night phase.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots or text contents of ANY game-related communications.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots, contents, metadata, of ANY game-related communications.
I think if you're classifying timestamps as part of the existing rule there then you're basically also classifying people not being able to claim their role at all :razz:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#244 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:58 pm

It's pretty indicative of the community here that the two people who tried to break this game did so because they were grumpy that others broke their game last time, instead of attempting to act with any empathy.

Fluminator

#245 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:07 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:01 pm
Also Darg you +1 the GM update they can only recruit 1. Why didn't you tell me?
Because I already stated that trying to break the game was a bad tactic. The GM will handle such information. I assumed he would PM you, and we could get on with the game.

Speaking of which...
What do you think of our folk who have decided to treat this early phase as something to ignore? Low posters... chaqa even mentions it...

You obviously think that we should be posting. Is NOT posting AI in any way?
If you're scum you better recruit me because I'll be coming after you otherwise.
Yeah, day 1s are usually a gong show, but this game it's even more of a gongshow. I don't blame people for not posting right now.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#246 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm fairly sure almost every game since I came back has had a discussion about whether it can be broken or not

Fluminator

#247 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Wait, where did you get a serial killer from?
The information Worcej posted in the Sign-up thread (sorry, the "sing up" thread), said there would be a Serial Killer...
Have we learned nothing in 61 webdip games?
There's nothing about it in this thread except for one mention that if there is one something would happen. And not in the role distribution

##Call GM is there a SK?

Fluminator

#248 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Ok, after seeing Bo complain about the same thing Vecna did I went back to read what it was, and yeah I'm pretty sure the game might be broken? Unless that "explicitly clear" thing Jamiet is talking about is in the mafia one as well. Probably best we just restart.

worcej

#249 Post by worcej » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:07 pm

GM Note:
BunnyGo HAS REPLACED DURGA.

Fluminator

#250 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Probably a smart move by Durga

worcej

#251 Post by worcej » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:55 pm
Wait, where did you get a serial killer from?
The information Worcej posted in the Sign-up thread (sorry, the "sing up" thread), said there would be a Serial Killer...
Have we learned nothing in 61 webdip games?
There's nothing about it in this thread except for one mention that if there is one something would happen. And not in the role distribution

##Call GM is there a SK?
No, the setup did not reach 20 members.

BunnyGo

#252 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Hola bitches. WTF is this game? I’ve been trying to figure it out for the past hour since worcej asked me to join, and I am very lost. Have you lot figured it out?

Fluminator

#253 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:13 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 pm
Hola bitches. WTF is this game? I’ve been trying to figure it out for the past hour since worcej asked me to join, and I am very lost. Have you lot figured it out?
No on knows their role or even really their alignment 100% so it's basically just people shitposting or giving haikus.
Some people have tried breaking the game using PM nuance.
I tried breaking the game using the recruit feature, but I missed a later post by Worcej so my breaking attempts failed.

worcej

#254 Post by worcej » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:50 pm
@HR,

worcej wrote:
GENERAL RULES

GM Note:
Teacon finely illustrated how what HR proposed is already covered by the rules and would be a violation of our rules.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#255 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
None of us are scumhunting because we might get recruited to the scum team at the 24 hour mark, so we can just discuss mechanics until then

BunnyGo

#256 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:13 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
No on knows their role or even really their alignment 100% so it's basically just people shitposting or giving haikus.
Some people have tried breaking the game using PM nuance.
I tried breaking the game using the recruit feature, but I missed a later post by Worcej so my breaking attempts failed.
So to summarize your summary:

Worcej tried to be clever (because he’s an engineer and they think they know everything)

But webdip mafia members are bigger a$$€|les than he expected.

teacon7

#257 Post by teacon7 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Good point.

Maybe the rule needs to address the ultimate purpose for why one would replicate a PM.

The problem is using PM mechanics to circumvent public game mechanics. If I screenshot a PM, you know I'm not lying because the information isn't mediated by my potentially scummy mind. If I type out a role PM from memory, it passed through my mind, and I could have changed things. The game is played by everyone using public information (and some people using limited, private, unconfirmable info) to solve the game publicly.

how about this one wrote: 2. It is forbidden for players use private communications with the GMs for the purpose of mechanically confirming information for the public thread. This includes (but is not limited to): replicating a GM PM by screenshot, conveying PM metadata, or directly copying text content, but does not prevent a player from publicly claiming a role.

Maintaining a public/private distinction provides classes of information.
1. Public information is available to everyone (such as: VC's, rules, etc)
2. Private information is available to some players according to their role/alignment (such as: scan results), but is not GM confirmed and ergo could be faked.
3. Unusable information is gathered when communicating with GMs (such as: PM metadata, exact wording of GM PM's).

information classes #1 and #2 are in play, but #3 is not.

Not sure if that's helpful or not.

worcej

#258 Post by worcej » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 pm

For the Bot:
BunnyGo HAS REPLACED Durga

BunnyGo

#259 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 pm
For the Bot:
BunnyGo HAS REPLACED Durga
Substituted for, but never replaced.

Fluminator

#260 Post by Fluminator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm

I'm going to start a trust tell.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Trust_Tell

Every time I say
"I am not scum and will buy you a pizza if I am" I am confirmed town.

I am not scum and will buy you a pizza if I am
(This might not be true in a few hours)