MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1641 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm

I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2321
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1642 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 pm

I could go for Jamie v Prado...

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20469
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13499
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1643 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 pm

FFS. Why didn't you dickless fucks lynch Snowy?

We need to look at who saved Snowy just there. Pathetic though.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20469
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13499
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1644 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 pm

@ Ezio
@ Balki Bartokomous
@ thamrick
@ bo_sox48

You four. Why did you save Snowy? Answers please. Answers now, this phase. Town is LOSING and it is YOUR FUCKING FAULT.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2321
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1645 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Because snowy is town, and has been proven as such by EOD2 and EOD3 now.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20469
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13499
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1646 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.
I'm town. You need to change the record and if you're town, work with me to find the scum. Time's running out, asshole.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20469
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13499
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1647 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:50 pm
Because snowy is town, and has been proven as such by EOD2 and EOD3 now.
He's town because a certain group of people are desperate to save him.

Say something approaching a case, Ghug.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 20469
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 13499
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1648 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:50 pm
Because snowy is town, and has been proven as such by EOD2 and EOD3 now.
He's town because a certain group of people are desperate to save him.

Say something approaching a case, Ghug.
*bo, even

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1649 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 pm
FFS. Why didn't you dickless fucks lynch Snowy?

We need to look at who saved Snowy just there. Pathetic though.
I'll ask you too

Why would ANY scum resign themselves to death the way snowy did at EOD?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 am
Location: Island of Mypos
Karma: 388

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1650 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 11:56 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:50 pm
Because snowy is town, and has been proven as such by EOD2 and EOD3 now.
I'm surprised you're so sure about this. Can you share your evidence? I'm open to being convinced. I'm pretty confused by Snowy's play.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8326

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1651 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.
How can you possibly still think Ike is town?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 1404

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1652 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am

@Balki

Early D1 is useless, you run the joke phase longer than most.
Mid D1 you claim that buddying isn’t scummy. (It is)
Late D1 you grill bozo for voting one of your scumreads (Ike)

N1 is literally zero.

D2 you claim the rb and pre-excuse lurking, then proceed to be around for 4 hours playing devils advocate agianst yourself on a roleblock. (I’ve never seen the ‘If I’d done it’ defense fly that well before)
Mid D2 you post a D1 analysis that almost completely hinges on Ike being scum.
D2, 20 to EoD, you shade both wagons, start the death march on Stressed and say you’ll vote snowy D3 if he lurks

N2 is uneventful (But there is a scumread of Dr, notable because I don’t think I’ve seen it anywhere else)

D3 you go hunting/coaching for a rb claim early
Your late D3 is a bit more shade without a vote at Dr, and a mass vote/unvote spree of Tham before a last minute pile on Tham.

Conclusion: You’re still scum. I know you didn’t expect that to change.

-You never followed through on snowy. Why?

-You listed Dr as a top scumread and pointed out a D3 post as scummy but have never tried to push that wagon, why?

-You lobbied for another hour at EoD, being on one wagon and ‘not pushing people off’ of the other, which would lead me to believe your were ok with either. Why lobby for an extend?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1653 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.
How can you possibly still think Ike is town?
Because my reason for townreading him way back when isn't really something I think has been able to change much since, as a refresher:
TrPrado wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 am
So I've been looking at the results for some time and all I can seem to piece together about the EoN is that:
a) scum don't believe Ike is a PR, and
b) they're fine letting town know they don't believe the claim

This makes me wary of the idea of pursuing him as a possible lynch. I don't think they'd let their own out to dry like that. If we're talking about an amateur scum team, then he certainly would have the experience to try and right the course, wouldn't he?

I have no idea why they'd play their hands so openly, but I pretty safely think Ike is town now.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1654 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm
Fine, I’m going to pour over the Peterbot and I’ll be back.
Engage with me now!

You seem pretty convinced already. "Un-fucking-believable!" Right?

Why not engage with me now about the things that apparently made you so angry?
Huh. I had been town reading Balki in some part because, with less to go on, I had to compare to his previous game we were in together. And he seemed towny because he was making assertions, drawing conclusions, pushing his own views. But this kind of "engage with me now!" crap is the kind of thing he was doing as scum. So maybe Balki is scum.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2321
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1655 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:11 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.
How can you possibly still think Ike is town?
I might be pushing, but you could call that a scumslip.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1904
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 pm
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN
Karma: 525
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1656 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 am

You’re seeming kind of desperate, bo. Is there a case on me I missed?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 am
Location: Island of Mypos
Karma: 388

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1657 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am
-You never followed through on snowy. Why?
I don't know...his play vexes me. As either alignment. I don't know what to do with him. With Snowy, I want him to be town, and engaged. When I have been mafia in the past, Snowy has totally blown up my game. I would feel bad about losing that as an asset. And his attitude is so "can't be bothered"...I feel like he wouldn't do that if he had a small group of teammates in a Mafia QT who were counting on him.

So, I've tried to get Snowy to engage. He hasn't. I just don't know what that says about his alignment. But I guess it's fair to say that my threats to Snowy were meant to get him to participate. Still, I almost voted to lynch him at the end of day 3. I just changed my mind at the wire.
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am
-You listed Dr as a top scumread and pointed out a D3 post as scummy but have never tried to push that wagon, why?
Yeah, I know. He has not been much of a discussion topic all game. I believe he was largely absent Day 3, and provided a real life excuse. He's on my "look more closely at this guy" list, but I don't really have any specific reason for not focusing here.
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am
-You lobbied for another hour at EoD, being on one wagon and ‘not pushing people off’ of the other, which would lead me to believe your were ok with either. Why lobby for an extend?
I asked to extend the phase because I couldn't see what was happening. I was trying to post something, and the page was frozen. And I tried to open up the page again in a new window, and it was taking forever to load. I could not get into the site at all for a long time, and I couldn't see where the votes were or what people were doing. I could see a couple of other posts mentioning similar problems, and I felt like the fair thing to do would have been to extend the phase.

Also, I was legitimately worried about getting a vote down at all. I had unvoted, and my vote post was not going through. I actually tried to cast a vote for Snowy at one point, but that did not go through.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2321
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1658 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 am

@Jamie/Balki
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:59 am
I haven't read anything but I tried to follow the EOD after Tom told me he may need me and it is pretty plain to see that there are few options here:

a) snowy is town, Jamie is town. Push on Stressed was genuine.
b) snowy is scum, Jamie is town. Why push Stressed over Jamie?
c) snowy is town, Jamie is scum. Why stick your neck out to push Stressed?
d) snowy is scum, Jamie is scum. Push on Stressed was to save both.

The realistic option is a). Option b) makes little sense, unless someone can point to concrete reasons why the people that pushed Stress did so over pushing Jamie. Option c) makes even less sense, because there was no need to do anything at all, unless mafia thought Stressed was a PR...? Option d) doesn't make sense unless the mafia team wasn't online for the last what, 12 hours of the day, and didn't elect to give their teammates any support until 20 minutes before EOD. I don't buy that. So I'm leaning town on snowy and Jamie, and I'm leaning town-led on Stressedlines' lynch. That doesn't mean a few scum members couldn't have jumped on board, but I doubt Balki in particular is mafia.
Of this analysis, the piece I am most certain of is that snowy is town. If he was saved on D2, he would have been saved by pushing Jamie, unless of course, Jamie, you're scum. If you're not scum, then you should be on board with this. If you are scum, then you should pretend to be on board with this and end it here, but I'll continue anyway. In the event that Jamie is scum, snowy is either town or scum. In the event that Jamie is scum and snowy is town, why save snowy? In the event that snowy and Jamie are both scum, why let those two wagons fester constantly throughout the day before finally attempting to save them when it is obvious at the last minute? You could chalk it up to stupidity and still claim that both are scum, but that’s your only option, and I am playing the odds against said option, especially since I more recently began townreading Jamie independently of this EOD.

As for D3, snowy posted this:
snowy801 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm
but anyway I suspect fox, telamor, drcjg and possibly jamiet
best of lucks my dudes
He was around and saw the clock ticking down. He was clearly trying to be here, because he said that the forum wasn’t working for him, as was the case for seemingly everyone else, or so it seemed. That means to me that he was looking at the game and refreshing the game, maybe trying to post. If he were scum, that post would have been a PR claim to try and save himself. Instead, he was ready to go down without much of an effort at all. If that’s scummy behavior, then my diet consisting of 80% pizza and 18% sugar-laden treats is good for me. Pigs are flying. Pick your idiom.

Quit pretending that I’m just talking out of my ass and read my posts.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3144
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2321
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1659 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 am

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 am
You’re seeming kind of desperate, bo. Is there a case on me I missed?
No, Prado, you aren't. In fact, you wrote my case yourself.
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm
So we're seriously going to let Jamie go ONCE AGAIN??
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm
After probably the scummiest stunt I've seen someone pull on this site, and then he tries to turn around and blame someone else for it?
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm
Fine if nobody's gonna fucking care about the best lynch option

##VOTE TELAMOR

Let's see if people can put their money where their mouth is on this.
That's all I've got.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8326

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1660 Post by ghug » Wed May 16, 2018 12:23 am

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 am
ghug wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm not comfortable with the idea of 3 town v town days. I want Jamie back in the lynch pool.
How can you possibly still think Ike is town?
Because my reason for townreading him way back when isn't really something I think has been able to change much since, as a refresher:
TrPrado wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 am
So I've been looking at the results for some time and all I can seem to piece together about the EoN is that:
a) scum don't believe Ike is a PR, and
b) they're fine letting town know they don't believe the claim

This makes me wary of the idea of pursuing him as a possible lynch. I don't think they'd let their own out to dry like that. If we're talking about an amateur scum team, then he certainly would have the experience to try and right the course, wouldn't he?

I have no idea why they'd play their hands so openly, but I pretty safely think Ike is town now.
This is a decent (though not unarguable) reason not to lynch Ike. I don't see any reason it suggests he's town. Scum could more easily be not bothering to fake the roleblock because they know he's caught eventually anyway. Thinking a townie who's just claimed PR isn't a PR isn't what mafia do unless that townie is brainbomb.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Wusti and 0 guests