M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
seth24c

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#3241 Post by seth24c » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:39 am

Donny's iso is a wild ride. I don't get a strong read either way with him. I think there are better targets to pursue today unless something changes. Worth noting that he goes from sounding neutral on me, to voting me with no additional justification, to refusing to change to prado once it became evident prado would be the flip. Could be scum staying away from being on a town flip (prado) but also probably understandable as a town play considering my voting record on day 1 and the mistakes in the maniac theory i put forward so I'm leaning slightly town overall on donny.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3242 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:40 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 pm
Should I shoot Maniac or worcej?
Shoot me. I’m pretty pissed off being surrounded by people who are either dumb or scum. If we carry on as we are we’ll just hand the game to the Riddler anyway . I don’t have time for this shit. Allowing PR claims whilst close to being killed exposed Chaqa who thought trading one for one was a good idea. Then you all rush to kill Bunny when I urge caution and now you all want even look at policy killing anyone who claims. Seriously the Riddler is laughing his ass off.

I’m going to Policy vote for anyone who claims PR. True PRs get killed in the night anyway mostly likely. Scum fake claiming get to avoid a kill and most likely expose a PR. Vanilla Toons should just accept they are sometimes cannon fodder and go quietly.

If you (Tom) think my policy voting people who claim PR is at odds with the prevailing group think, please shoot me now. I have better things to do than play with dumb people.

Nanook

#3243 Post by Nanook » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 am

seth24c wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 am
Nanook wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 am
##Vote Seth
You have been voting me for a couple days now with no stated justification for your vote. Why?
Wait for it

Wait for it

I think you’re mafia

Donny Dude

#3244 Post by Donny Dude » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:09 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:32 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:32 am

Have you changed your opinion on her EoD behavior?
Yes, the bunny thing I think I believe on not seeing it on the whole pr thing. Although the amount of changed votes does concern me a bit at eod.
Donny what concerned you about this?
The fact that your vote changed a lot at eod. It just was not stable and maybe seemed like you were looking for a wagon.
Looking at your iso that day indicates you sr all three to some degree.
Kgray, what do you make of the fact that two of the three main D2 wagons are town?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3245 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 pm
I think Donny's D1 looks slightly worse than seth's D1.

##VOTE Donny
I think bozo's D1 looks slightly worse than seth's D1.

##vote bozo
There is something about this post. I’m not sure what to make of it, but it’s certainly triggered me.

Nanook

#3246 Post by Nanook » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am

Oh no I have two votes on me. Whatsoever will I do.

seth24c

#3247 Post by seth24c » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:54 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:04 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:57 am

I believe seth keeping his vote on Maniac but congratulating Chaqa for counterclaiming puts him in the same group as those who were voting for Maniac but switched to summit after Chaqa's counterclaim, which is you, TrPrado, BunnyGo, and Donny. I think this group is a good place to look for scum.
Bozo is another top suspect in my eyes. He pushed almost the exact same group as damo did but in his cases and posts seemed to leave damo alone out of the group he mainly pushed donny and myself with some cases that didn't seem to have much conviction behind them.
I gave detailed reasons why I thought Donny and you were the best scum candidates among those who did not vote for summit before Chaqa's claim. I will include them here because they still apply:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:17 am
I think Donny's D1 voting looks the most suspicious.

There was a significant amount of time where Donny was a top wagon along with summit. During this time, he tried to help build wagons on Tom and Nanook but never voted for summit. Donny later voted for damo when damo was leading summit 4-3, then when summit had retaken the lead from damo, Donny switched to Maniac. Despite choosing all of these votes over summit, Donny never mentioned summit until EOD, and the reasons he gave for these votes were not particularly strong:
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm

##vote Tom
gah
Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 am

I will join.
##vote Nanook
I don't really buy the whole flash is ran town joke also.
Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

That seems weak to me Damo, spelling errors.
##vote damo.
Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Maniac, you previously stated in post 806 that you thought Damo was making this too easy and that you wanted a list from him.
You then said if Damo did then your vote would shift onto Moscow.
Yet, here I see you have unvoted, do you read moscow differently from then?
##vote Maniac
##VOTE Donny
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:04 am
seth's D1 looks almost as suspicious as Donny's D1. seth never gave a reason why he did not want to vote for summit, but actively pushed damo and Maniac.
seth24c wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:17 am

Lots of people talking but nobody voting. ##vote damo
seth was the first vote for damo but he knew there was interest in damo, and damo became the lead wagon 30 minutes after seth's vote.
seth24c wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:48 pm

He also did some pretty heavy hi’ing in the beginning of the game. I forgot how much until reading him again. Feeling a little better about damo so making maniac a bigger wagon works for me. ##vote maniac
damo was well behind by the time seth changed his vote, so commenting the he was "feeling a little better about damo" was not really necessary. Also, his reasoning for voting for Maniac was questionable, since Maniac only said "hi" twice, and that was in response to ghug and TrPrado, yet seth indicated he had just reread Maniac's posts.

Finally, when it was looking likely summit would be the kill, seth seemed to hedge on his lack of a summit read:
seth24c wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Lol after maniac claimed scum and possibly signaled traitor? If summit isn’t scum on the flip I will be convinced that maniac is.
seth24c wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:53 pm
Perfectly happy to see summit flip because he has seemed scummy to me as well. But if he isn’t scum maniac is public enemy number 1 imo.
Can you explain to me more specifically why you think these cases "didn't seem to have much conviction behind them"?
For example. I have mentioned multiple times that I was reading maniac on the bot so that is why I didn't realize that he was responding to people saying hi instead of initiating those interactions. I've made it clear that I made a mistake and you leaving that out of your case even as you were detailed enough to reference my post about feeling a little better about damo feels like you are trying to cast suspicion on me without the conviction to actually read all my posts to find out my true alignment. It felt like you are trying to make me look scummy instead of find out whether I am scum.

seth24c

#3248 Post by seth24c » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:55 am

Nanook wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 am
seth24c wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 am
Nanook wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 am
##Vote Seth
You have been voting me for a couple days now with no stated justification for your vote. Why?
Wait for it

Wait for it

I think you’re mafia
Great, why?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3249 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:02 am

I don’t think Seth is scum.

I think Flash might be. He voted Summit early D1 and then didn’t do much. Maybe he’s lucky scum who can coast all game because of that one early vote. If I was in scum team my advice to flash would be say very little. Be our deep threat.

##vote Flash

seth24c

#3250 Post by seth24c » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:02 am

Nanook wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am
Oh no I have two votes on me. Whatsoever will I do.
Hopefully get more.

Donny Dude

#3251 Post by Donny Dude » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:07 am

I am getting a better townier feeling from seth's recent posts and some of night 3 posts too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3252 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:12 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:40 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Shoot me. I’m pretty pissed off being surrounded by people who are either dumb or scum. If we carry on as we are we’ll just hand the game to the Riddler anyway . I don’t have time for this shit. Allowing PR claims whilst close to being killed exposed Chaqa who thought trading one for one was a good idea. Then you all rush to kill Bunny when I urge caution and now you all want even look at policy killing anyone who claims. Seriously the Riddler is laughing his ass off.

I’m going to Policy vote for anyone who claims PR. True PRs get killed in the night anyway mostly likely. Scum fake claiming get to avoid a kill and most likely expose a PR. Vanilla Toons should just accept they are sometimes cannon fodder and go quietly.

If you (Tom) think my policy voting people who claim PR is at odds with the prevailing group think, please shoot me now. I have better things to do than play with dumb people.
Maniac is the 3P.

Fluminator

#3253 Post by Fluminator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:19 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:55 am
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 pm

Why did you think TrPrado was more likely to be scum that Donny or seth after D1?
Bad meta read I guess. I actually haven't noticed anything super scummy from Donny, and Seth seems different to me than last game when he was scum.
What about seth seems different from last game?
He is much more sloppy than last game in saying and doing stuff that makes him look bad. I think it's more evidence he's a clueless townie than a scum.
I also liked his catchup posts last night.

Fluminator

#3254 Post by Fluminator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:21 am

Maniac wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Why are you so certain there's a riddler in the setup and not the jester thing.

Fluminator

#3255 Post by Fluminator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:26 am

Town damo is usually active and somewhat sloppy in conveying his thoughts because his town mind often makes leaps he forgets to update people on.

This is not town damo. Especially that longass post about why he was voting Bunny. I don't think I've ever really seen town damo put much effort into explaining his thought process tbh.

I'm sure he'll have some excuse for being busy which might be fair, but I've heard a few people say scum damo is nervous and likes to lurk. What's people's experience with scum damo?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3256 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:26 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:21 am
Maniac wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Why are you so certain there's a riddler in the setup and not the jester thing.
You’re a smart guy, I’m sure you’ve worked it out too.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3257 Post by Maniac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:27 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:12 am
Maniac wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Maniac is the 3P.
I’m no longer confirming or denying anything otherwise I’d have to them vote to kill myself.

Fluminator

#3258 Post by Fluminator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:32 am

To be fair Maniac, most of us thought Chaqa's CC was dumb.

Fluminator

#3259 Post by Fluminator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 am

@Damo, why did you jump off Summit onto Maniac?
Earlier in the day Maniac was one of your stronger town reads and summit was a pretty high scum read.

bozotheclown

#3260 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:52 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:15 am
Hi Donny. What's new?
I don't like how concerned vecna is about the gun.
Bozo feels like a lot of explanation from a past game. I don't really like the reasoning for asking flum.
Asking Fluminator what?