MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1461 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Fine if nobody's gonna fucking care about the best lynch option

##VOTE TELAMOR

Let's see if people can put their money where their mouth is on this.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1462 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm
Actively insinuating a claim happened is entirely separate in the discussion, and the only purposes I can see it realistically serving is pinning Balki down for the ghug lynch or drawing out a much more definite claim, neither of which are in any way good for town.
That is the scummiest thing you ever seen on this site? What rock are you living under?

Jamie's reaction to Balki's claim-or-not-claim looked 150% genuine to me, but I'm already strongly townreading him for reasons I gave the moment I entered the game, so maybe I'm biased. Either way, his reaction to the claim is exactly what I expect him to do - not think about the implications of his actions, get emotionally charged, and get pissed off that he isn't getting 100% concrete answers.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1463 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Oh, you're getting angry? Sorry, but I'm gonna call that fake as all hell.

Foxcastle

#1464 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm
Slight scum on Foxy but nothing I'm too sure of. I really didn't like his comment about trying to spread out the votes on wagons. I feel like it's too easy for scum to control the lynch that way.
You misunderstood. I'm trying to consolidate wagons. Having a bunch of one- and two-vote wagons spreads the votes out and makes it easier to conjure a last minute counterwagon. I'm encouraging people to abandon those and help form up 2-4 big wagons we can choose from.

I like the Telamor and Snowy wagons, though less convinced about Snowy. But Thamrick is farther down my list. But I don't want to put Telamor over the top too quickly... So ##VOTE SNOWY

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1465 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm
thamrick wrote:
Slight townread on rdrivera. Seems to be interpreting the game pretty open-mindedly in a way I think would be tough to manufacture. As past games prove though, I'm awful at reading rdr. I still have a good feeling about him this game though. The only real flags I have are his outrage posts after both lynches.

I townread Balki. I think Balki enjoys playing more as scum than he does as town tbh. When Balki was scum, he was engaging in much more detailed cases and generating cases against people. I feel like he's sitting back a little more in this one and reading other people's interactions.

Slight scum on Foxy but nothing I'm too sure of. I really didn't like his comment about trying to spread out the votes on wagons. I feel like it's too easy for scum to control the lynch that way.

I liked bo's entry post analyzing the EoD wagons and his response to teacher, but he's pretty much disappeared after that. Bo can be a lurker scum, but he tends to explain his absences. I'd guess town on bo.
So your scum team is Fox and who else?
you, peter, trprado, snowy, ezio would be my best guess. Very uncertain on that last spot and could substitute in Foxy, yav, Telamor, bo, DrCJG.
You just scumread Fox on a hedgy bullshit reason and townread me on a hedgy bullshit reason, and now you're putting us two interchangeably in your final scum spot?

Why do you scumread yav?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1466 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Fuck off, bo

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1467 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm
So we're seriously going to let Jamie go ONCE AGAIN??
I don't know, Jamiet have been soo weird in this Balki push that I don't know what to think. Do you think he will act like this as scum? Do you think both are scum?
Yes to the first and no to the second. Whether or not he believed Balki isn't the problem. Actively insinuating a claim happened is entirely separate in the discussion, and the only purposes I can see it realistically serving is pinning Balki down for the ghug lynch or drawing out a much more definite claim, neither of which are in any way good for town.

I haven't really seen anything from Balki that makes me think he's scum, but it's getting ridiculous that Jamie keeps pulling shit and getting away with it.
Prado, what I can't see is what scum Jamiet expect to get with that. There is two options: 1) Balki was right about Ghug, then it makes a modicum sense for scumJamiet to believe Balki and follow him, but why force a claim? If it's a newbie I can buy this, but against Balki it's lame. Just buss Ghug and NK the cop. 2) Balki was wrong about Ghug. In this case it's obvious it's not a cop claim and what Jamiet have to gain with all this play?

And I have seen many times town Jamiet freak out about something and get myslinched.

RagingIke297

#1468 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 pm
thamrick wrote:
You misunderstood. I'm trying to consolidate wagons. Having a bunch of one- and two-vote wagons spreads the votes out and makes it easier to conjure a last minute counterwagon. I'm encouraging people to abandon those and help form up 2-4 big wagons we can choose from.

I like the Telamor and Snowy wagons, though less convinced about Snowy. But Thamrick is farther down my list. But I don't want to put Telamor over the top too quickly... So ##VOTE SNOWY
Keep in mind that 3 of the 6 non-consolidated people are the three main wagons, they'll move

Foxcastle

#1469 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 pm
thamrick wrote:

Keep in mind that 3 of the 6 non-consolidated people are the three main wagons, they'll move
And won't that be interesting and telling!

thamrick

#1470 Post by thamrick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Lol ask and you shall receive. Add bo into my 5 and

##VOTE bo_sox

This seems like generic scum-bo anger rife with personal attacks to put people on the defensive and keep attention off himself.

@bo - in fact, I do like asking generic questions like that. Scum have a hard time resisting putting a teammate in their lists of 3. If we find yav to be scum later, pretty sure one of ghug, Jamie/snowy, or DrCJG is scum and one of Balki, TrPrado, and darg is scum.

What do you mean considering the circumstances? I feel like I've played with Balki enough to have a general idea of how he views and approaches the game. If he was RB'd N1 and wasn't NK'd N2, he probably wouldn't be that concerned immediately that he'd feel a need to reveal his scan and not get any others. I feel like Balki would know that once he was revealed to be cop, townies would just analyze his reads and be able to interpret his scans.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1471 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Fuck off, bo
...no?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1472 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm

To the people voting Telamor, how do you explain scum voting to lynch Ike? Bussing? Or openly trying to lynch a PR?

thamrick

#1473 Post by thamrick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:36 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm

So your scum team is Fox and who else?
you, peter, trprado, snowy, ezio would be my best guess. Very uncertain on that last spot and could substitute in Foxy, yav, Telamor, bo, DrCJG.
You just scumread Fox on a hedgy bullshit reason and townread me on a hedgy bullshit reason, and now you're putting us two interchangeably in your final scum spot?

Why do you scumread yav?
Yep. If you know the scumteam, please feel free to tell me.

And you've asked me two questions about yav now. Why are you protecting him?

I slightly scumread him because he got oddly defensive and was pointing back to old games over really nothing.

RagingIke297

#1474 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Hold up Thamrick.

1st list: you(RagingIke297), peter, trprado, snowy, ezio would be my best guess. Very uncertain on that last spot and could substitute in Foxy, yav, Telamor, bo, DrCJG

2nd List: If we find yav to be scum later, pretty sure one of ghug, Jamie/snowy, or DrCJG is scum and one of Balki, TrPrado, and darg is scum.

Here is a list of everyone you haven't mentioned yet in case you want to hedge all the way around:
DemonRHK
rdrivera2005

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1475 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Prado, what I can't see is what scum Jamiet expect to get with that. There is two options: 1) Balki was right about Ghug, then it makes a modicum sense for scumJamiet to believe Balki and follow him, but why force a claim? If it's a newbie I can buy this, but against Balki it's lame. Just buss Ghug and NK the cop. 2) Balki was wrong about Ghug. In this case it's obvious it's not a cop claim and what Jamiet have to gain with all this play?

And I have seen many times town Jamiet freak out about something and get myslinched.
1) If Balki is correct and Jamie knows it, then he busses ghug and plans to kill Balki down the line. While a bit harder to believe, jumping on and doing as the cop says could be him getting on the cop's good side. This is something I've absolutely seen happen in the past.

2) If Balki is incorrect and Jamie knows it, then the way Jamie played there's absolutely nothing to lose. What could he gain? A mislynch of ghug, real cop to CC, then turn around and get another mislynch against Balki. You can see for yourself that he's already been trying to spin this as entirely Balki's fault.

Foxcastle

#1476 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm
To the people voting Telamor, how do you explain scum voting to lynch Ike? Bussing? Or openly trying to lynch a PR?
He didn't come out against Ike until Day 2. Plenty of time for his scummates to tell him "Bus Ike, he's done for anyway" in the Mafia QT.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1477 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm
in fact, I do like asking generic questions like that. Scum have a hard time resisting putting a teammate in their lists of 3. If we find yav to be scum later, pretty sure one of ghug, Jamie/snowy, or DrCJG is scum and one of Balki, TrPrado, and darg is scum.
No, thamrick. I know exactly what the "purpose" of such a question is, but it is a question that indicated to me that you haven't actually read the day. At first, you went after him about something being weird, and then ignored it, opting instead to go for a list of three - a list of three that he conveniently already gave us on page 61. Why not interrogate him about his list of three on page 61? Makes a whole lot of sense if you didn't even know said list was there.
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 pm
What do you mean considering the circumstances? I feel like I've played with Balki enough to have a general idea of how he views and approaches the game. If he was RB'd N1 and wasn't NK'd N2, he probably wouldn't be that concerned immediately that he'd feel a need to reveal his scan and not get any others. I feel like Balki would know that once he was revealed to be cop, townies would just analyze his reads and be able to interpret his scans.
Maybe he wouldn't, but you simply asserted that you didn't feel like the claim was genuine because it was Balki. You ignored the fact that he was soft claiming and pushing for the doctor to protect him. You gave little notice to the fact that he is clearly already on scum's radar and that his softing was right before the night ended. Perhaps he felt the need to claim on D3 or N3 because he was softing and afraid that the scumteam would catch on. Perhaps he saw a guilty scan and said "fuck it, why wait, I'm doing this today anyway." I agree with you that Balki isn't necessarily the type to come out and claim, but the circumstances of what happened could have been pushing him that direction.

Again, this indicates to me that you aren't actually reading things, and the fact that you're trying to participate and keep yourself from looking like you're just coasting without actually reading or interpreting the circumstances of the game is why I'm voting you. Now the fact that you're getting angry at me and voting me is pretty classic OMGUS territory.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1478 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:36 pm
Yep. If you know the scumteam, please feel free to tell me.

And you've asked me two questions about yav now. Why are you protecting him?

I slightly scumread him because he got oddly defensive and was pointing back to old games over really nothing.
I'm not protecting yav; you found something "weird" and then did nothing about it. You're hedging your own read and I'm calling you on it. Thank you for telling me why you're scumreading yav, though. It doesn't actually clarify anything, but it does explain that you're not all that interested in him at the moment, which is really all you needed to say.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1479 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
I assume it's a similar explanation as to why Ike hasn't been RB'd or NK'd.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1480 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
He didn't come out against Ike until Day 2. Plenty of time for his scummates to tell him "Bus Ike, he's done for anyway" in the Mafia QT.
He only started this voting at D3 and it's cristal clear Ike won't be lynched today, why his scummates will suggest that?

Don't get me wrong, I have a slightly scum read on him for other reasons, his defensiveness mostly, but this vote is the only town tell I saw on him.