M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
summit_fever

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1261 Post by summit_fever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:21 am

summit_fever wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:19 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 pm

I won't assume either, but I don't see me voting anyone on Moscow wagon the next days (maybe seth).
Why seth? I think he's looking pretty good after that EOD.
Why does seth look good?
Nevermind.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1262 Post by flash2015 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 pm

What makes you think Flash is probably town?
I don't think scum will let them be cornered to two scum wagons on D1. To me is more likely Flash was a town counterwagon then another scum one.
I was voting for flash before MF had any votes, but BunnyGo, summit, and hthefourth voted for flash after MF had reached 4 votes. Then flash self voted, which now also looks like he could have been trying to save MF. Knowing flash's alignment would be helpful in understanding D1.
Is this serious? At the time of voting, you and food had three votes too.

BunnyGo

#1263 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 am

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am
bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I don't think scum will let them be cornered to two scum wagons on D1. To me is more likely Flash was a town counterwagon then another scum one.
I was voting for flash before MF had any votes, but BunnyGo, summit, and hthefourth voted for flash after MF had reached 4 votes. Then flash self voted, which now also looks like he could have been trying to save MF. Knowing flash's alignment would be helpful in understanding D1.
Hey! You're here. Have you read D1 yet?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1264 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 am

Our wagons were:

Moscow, bozo, food, Macca

Then a flash wagon started

We got to

flash, Moscow, food, damo.

Why did we need a new counterwagon? Bozo and I certainly started it.

Then yavu showed up as a wagon. THIS seemed like the counter wagon to me. It was done by:

Seth, kgray, and Moscow.

Seth looks awful, kgray looks bad.
Can you explain why you think seth and I would have needed to start a totally new counter wagon when we voted for yavuzovic when, as you say, Flash/damo/food were all also options?

And why do you think I, as scum, would abandon the yavuzovic wagon and not only vote for Moscow to put it him second place, but also continue to push for people to move onto him?

bozotheclown

#1265 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:25 am

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am
bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I only had 2 votes, but foodcoats and Macca had 3. If you had voted for them, it would have looked even more like you were trying to avoid voting for MF. Why didn't you vote for them or MF over self voting with the vote so close? Why did you vote for MF with 5 minute left after self voting for 3 hours if self voting was not a ploy to save yourself?

BunnyGo

#1266 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:13 am

Our wagons were:

Moscow, bozo, food, Macca

Then a flash wagon started

We got to

flash, Moscow, food, damo.

Why did we need a new counterwagon? Bozo and I certainly started it.

Then yavu showed up as a wagon. THIS seemed like the counter wagon to me. It was done by:

Seth, kgray, and Moscow.

Seth looks awful, kgray looks bad.
Can you explain why you think seth and I would have needed to start a totally new counter wagon when we voted for yavuzovic when, as you say, Flash/damo/food were all also options?

And why do you think I, as scum, would abandon the yavuzovic wagon and not only vote for Moscow to put it him second place, but also continue to push for people to move onto him?
The other wagons petered out. It had been quiet and stagnant. You wanted to offer a new chance, and yavu gave you an opening. The wagon you were on (food) was fading away, and you'd sold not damo already. So it's disingenuous to say you and Seth could jump to food. You were both most of the food wagon.

Now, the reason Seth comes off looking worse than you is 1) he was sheeping based on your say so and searching for an up and coming wagon and 2) you jumped back to Moscow when it wasn't clear he'd be a wagon. Seth stayed until it was too late to save Moscow and then jumped.

So no, you're not the mostly likely scum, but Seth looks very bad. You just look, shady.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1267 Post by TrPrado » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 am
If you thought his reasons were valid, I don't understand how you could townread Flum as well.

My top townreads are

Vecna - I do think he is misguided about Flum. Flum is pretty goofy, especially D1 - so the ridicule did not surprise me. But I think this is genuine hunting from Vecna.

hthefourth - Not afraid to share his thoughts as a relatively outsider among this group, especially contridicatory thoughts against the vocal opinions in the thread.

Moscow - I found his reactions to me early were both quick, natural and honest. I don't buy into his "over-explaining" being suspicious.

I guess I only really have three. I've liked kgray and Durga so far, but probably not enough yet to put them on this list
So you're asked for 4 and give 3...
What difference does it make?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1268 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 am

Now, the reason Seth comes off looking worse than you is 1) he was sheeping based on your say so and searching for an up and coming wagon and 2) you jumped back to Moscow when it wasn't clear he'd be a wagon. Seth stayed until it was too late to save Moscow and then jumped.

So no, you're not the mostly likely scum, but Seth looks very bad. You just look, shady.
I don't understand what you mean with point (1), can you please clarify? Do you think he was sheeping me or hoping I'd be the one to start the wagon?

I see your point (2) about seth waiting until Moscow was set to die possibly being scummy, but I got enough of a town!seth vibe from the yavuzovic vote interaction that I'm not currently scumreading that slot.

BunnyGo

#1269 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 am

TrPrado wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 am
If you thought his reasons were valid, I don't understand how you could townread Flum as well.

My top townreads are

Vecna - I do think he is misguided about Flum. Flum is pretty goofy, especially D1 - so the ridicule did not surprise me. But I think this is genuine hunting from Vecna.

hthefourth - Not afraid to share his thoughts as a relatively outsider among this group, especially contridicatory thoughts against the vocal opinions in the thread.

Moscow - I found his reactions to me early were both quick, natural and honest. I don't buy into his "over-explaining" being suspicious.

I guess I only really have three. I've liked kgray and Durga so far, but probably not enough yet to put them on this list
So you're asked for 4 and give 3...
What difference does it make?
Part of the exercise is that scum know everything and town don't. It's a little harder to pretend you don't know. And forcing people to pick more than they have actual reads on is forcing them to make up random data, which humans S**K at. Especially when they know the answer. I need to finish compiling the results, I'm just tired.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1270 Post by TrPrado » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:40 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
Why is everyone listing four town reads. This is spam unless you have something substantive to say about them.
+1000
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 am

This is spam
Then ignore it. Most of your posts are spammier, just saying you don't like how we're playing. A pox on your house until you contribute anything more than spite. You have 35 posts so far. By my count:

4 complain about reading anything
At least 10 are just discussing your idea of other people's metas
At least 10 complain about other people's posting

So well more than half your posts are "spam". There are some good ones hidden in there, but they aren't that prevalent.
Shots fired.

Welcome to the "we call Durga out for her stuff" team Bunny :D
These last 3 posts I quoted from worcej (including the one from the previous post) are giving me whiplash

BunnyGo

#1271 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 am

seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Do you think foodcoats would try to pocket me that blatantly, or do you think it is something he would say if we are scum partners?
I don't know, both possibilities occurred to me. The all caps and then apology makes me think the situation could be scum theater.

I don't think saying you're the best player here is that incriminating, as I've basically said the same thing, but it seems like he's trying to pocket you while also dismissing you, which is the part I don't like.
I also saw this and was part of my vote for bozo as he has had multiple multiple people defend his entrance, including food. I also think food has been suspicious so I would like to see what movement a ##vote food will cause.
@kgray, here's his sheeping food vote to push it to a leading wagon with you.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1272 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 am

[quote=BunnyGo post_id=175592 time=1600309949 user_id=7527

The other wagons petered out. It had been quiet and stagnant. You wanted to offer a new chance, and yavu gave you an opening. The wagon you were on (food) was fading away, and you'd sold not damo already. So it's disingenuous to say you and Seth could jump to food. You were both most of the food wagon.

[/quote]

Also the food wagon was fading *because* seth and I moved off it. So I think you have to believe that food is also scum for this line of thought to make sense.

BunnyGo

#1273 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 am

seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 pm

You thought that was the deadline and was going to vote for a non leading wagon?
And the vote would have caused a tie, meaning no kill. Very suspect...
No kidding. That gets my vote. ##vote Yavu
@kgray and a few minutes later sheeps you to a new wagon when food is fading as a chance to be a leading contender, but yavu looks like it might be a speed wagon.

BunnyGo

#1274 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:43 am

TrPrado wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:40 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 am
Why is everyone listing four town reads. This is spam unless you have something substantive to say about them.
+1000
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 am

Then ignore it. Most of your posts are spammier, just saying you don't like how we're playing. A pox on your house until you contribute anything more than spite. You have 35 posts so far. By my count:

4 complain about reading anything
At least 10 are just discussing your idea of other people's metas
At least 10 complain about other people's posting

So well more than half your posts are "spam". There are some good ones hidden in there, but they aren't that prevalent.
Shots fired.

Welcome to the "we call Durga out for her stuff" team Bunny :D
These last 3 posts I quoted from worcej (including the one from the previous post) are giving me whiplash
Thank you for bringing that up. I thought it was weird at the time too.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1275 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 am
seth24c wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm

I don't know, both possibilities occurred to me. The all caps and then apology makes me think the situation could be scum theater.

I don't think saying you're the best player here is that incriminating, as I've basically said the same thing, but it seems like he's trying to pocket you while also dismissing you, which is the part I don't like.
I also saw this and was part of my vote for bozo as he has had multiple multiple people defend his entrance, including food. I also think food has been suspicious so I would like to see what movement a ##vote food will cause.
Okay, I thought you meant sheeping me onto yavuzovic. Do you think seth is my scum teammate who is following my votes around? Or that he's buddying me?

BunnyGo

#1276 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 am

Also the food wagon was fading *because* seth and I moved off it. So I think you have to believe that food is also scum for this line of thought to make sense.
No, the food wagon faded with number of people on it when you left. But it was never going to win. The zeitgeist of discussion had moved away.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1277 Post by TrPrado » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Can you explain how you didn't read what Moscow actually said and made this attempted push back?
lol what? This is what Moscow said: "Bozo is striking me as obvious scum, but the issue is that it was the same the last game I played with him."

I'm not attempting to push back on anything. I want to know why he's scumreading bozo. I understood from his next post (the one I quoted in my question for him) that his initial push on bozo was non-serious and a reference to his issue with something bozo did in a past game, but I'm not reading the sentence about bozo being obvious scum as non-serious.
He literally said his push wasn't serious in the quote you grabbed.

You then ask how he thinks he's obviously scum...
Hmm yes there is ancient ritual that I believe can help you understand why the question was asked. Have you tried scrolling up from kgray's original post?

TheMadMonarch

#1278 Post by TheMadMonarch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

Holy smokes!

Finally caught up on 31 pages of posts. I read them all, but can't say that I processed all of 'em.

Nice kill. I did not expect that flip, but let's keep it up.

BunnyGo

#1279 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 am
BunnyGo wrote:
seth24c wrote:

Okay, I thought you meant sheeping me onto yavuzovic. Do you think seth is my scum teammate who is following my votes around? Or that he's buddying me?
I don't know if teammate. It sure seems like he's trying to find a speedwagon. I doubt you were actively hoping he'd do this if you were teammates (you're cannier than that usually). But you at least seemed a good patsy for it. He only stopped sheeping when you went to MF. And Seth gave up saving his teammate.

TheMadMonarch

#1280 Post by TheMadMonarch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:44 pm
Sorry, it's bothering me but Macca has asked to be referred to as they/them or she/her. Definitely anything but "he". Seems like nobody caught that.

That being said, while I'm sympathetic about timezones, I have less sympathy for poor quality of content. Not too thrilled with Macca's contributions and don't really understand this drive by some to forgive them. This is what, Macca's 4th game? At some point you gotta turn that corner and not get newb treatment anymore.
The problem is that Macca has been scum in every single other game they've played (and I think this is their 3rd).
Correct.