M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
hthefourth

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#841 Post by hthefourth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am
@thefourth do you object to H IV?
nope

foodcoats

#842 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm
##vote foodcoats

I'm yet to see a satisfying explanation for why kgray was the only person who deserved calling out for querying his lurking
Because kgray specifically said (something like) "Lurking is unlike [foodcoats]."

I am 3-0 as scum here and intend to keep my winstreak when I roll it next. Before the game began I was literally thinking "Fuck I hope I don't roll scum so I can just lurk for a bit."

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yes, but other people reinforced that and you didn't call them out on it. It was the topic of conversation on the very page you made your big post on. And you've never gone back to it.
Because it's irrelevant. GG.

seth24c

#843 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Hello, seth. We have not played together before unless you are a character from Command and Conquer.

Thank you for your town reads. Who are your top scum reads?
Hi food, I am not familiar with command and conquer so this must be our first time playing together. I am still getting caught up in the thread but I just can't shake my feeling about bozo. I don't know what to make of the interactions between you and damo. Do you know what he is referencing about your crumb?
What bothers you about bozo? I liked his entrance, though I feel he's being dangerously quiet now.

I don't want to dive into damo's claims to seeing a crumb. I consider it to be PR-fishing. More obliquely, it could be an attempt to narrow down a process of elimination for good nightkill targets for the scumteam. The more information the scumteam gets about who may or may not have a role versus who may be vanilla, the better choices they can make at night to attempt to kill a PR. It's very anti-town behaviour, even if damo is not scum. Talking about it outside of this abstract way benefits scum.
Bozo's entrance seemed off to me as I mentioned earlier. Nothing he has done since has really been able to change my feeling, there have been several people jumping in to defend his entrance which is actually making me feel a little better about that read. If you think damo is PR fishing do you feel that makes him scummy or just accidentally anti-town?

foodcoats

#844 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

I think Durga may be scum, but I think Macca's iso is very scummy (I debated whether it could be a new player thing [whether or not they are new - I don't know them] but it's even scummier as a new mafia player, I think). It's super wishy washy and empty. I especially don't like "not having scumreads." DKing an absent player may be bad form but maybe that's a defense strategy. Maybe Durga is bussing Macca. Durga never explained why she moved off of my wagon. Mayhaps an axis of evil.

##VOTE Macca

foodcoats

#845 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm
foodcoats wrote:
seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi food, I am not familiar with command and conquer so this must be our first time playing together. I am still getting caught up in the thread but I just can't shake my feeling about bozo. I don't know what to make of the interactions between you and damo. Do you know what he is referencing about your crumb?
What bothers you about bozo? I liked his entrance, though I feel he's being dangerously quiet now.

I don't want to dive into damo's claims to seeing a crumb. I consider it to be PR-fishing. More obliquely, it could be an attempt to narrow down a process of elimination for good nightkill targets for the scumteam. The more information the scumteam gets about who may or may not have a role versus who may be vanilla, the better choices they can make at night to attempt to kill a PR. It's very anti-town behaviour, even if damo is not scum. Talking about it outside of this abstract way benefits scum.
Bozo's entrance seemed off to me as I mentioned earlier. Nothing he has done since has really been able to change my feeling, there have been several people jumping in to defend his entrance which is actually making me feel a little better about that read. If you think damo is PR fishing do you feel that makes him scummy or just accidentally anti-town?
I interpreted damo's PR fishing as scummy. I may be bending too much to popular opinion by moving off him. But creating movement can often be good.

I'm usually very bad at D1 reads and often choochoo a mis... DK. So I'm second-guessing myself on damo I guess.

Durga

#846 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm
I think Durga may be scum, but I think Macca's iso is very scummy (I debated whether it could be a new player thing [whether or not they are new - I don't know them] but it's even scummier as a new mafia player, I think). It's super wishy washy and empty. I especially don't like "not having scumreads." DKing an absent player may be bad form but maybe that's a defense strategy. Maybe Durga is bussing Macca. Durga never explained why she moved off of my wagon. Mayhaps an axis of evil.

##VOTE Macca
:?

seth24c

#847 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

I feel pretty good to ##vote bozo

Didn't like his entrance and I think some of those jumping to his defense for the opening could have been teammates.

bozotheclown

#848 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 pm

My thoughts exactly...
So is it case 1, 2 or 3?
There’s absolutely no benefit to town to discussing this, in my opinion. Are you brainbomb?
Maybe not, but I do not see any point in just ignoring what damo said.

seth24c

#849 Post by seth24c » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 pm
foodcoats wrote:

I interpreted damo's PR fishing as scummy. I may be bending too much to popular opinion by moving off him. But creating movement can often be good.

I'm usually very bad at D1 reads and often choochoo a mis... DK. So I'm second-guessing myself on damo I guess.
I lean scum on damo also, I just have a stronger read on bozo.

bozotheclown

#850 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 pm
##vote bozo

Let's do this.
Are you voting for me for something that happened in a previous game that you were not even in?
Nah, I'm voting you because I wanted to get information.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
What information are you getting by voting for me?

MoscowFleet

#851 Post by MoscowFleet » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

People keep asking me questions and for some reason other people keep jumping in to answer them for me, so it's now all kind of a tangled mess.
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Damo's recklessness rings town to me still. We should not dk him.
I really don't like the way he plays, but I actually agree with this. Earlier I thought he has playing similar to his scum meta, but I find it pretty hard to believe he puts himself out there with the pr stuff like that as scum.
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 am
Also a couple people have called me out for demanding bozo's head. It was very obviously not serious, referencing how I'm still not over my last game with him.
What do you think of Worcej voting Bozo following your suggestion?
I perceived it as a joke vote and I expected he would move off of bozo soon enough. The fact that it hasn't happened yet is somewhat concerning.

For everyone confused/concerned about my bozo stance:

My push to policy him was a joke. My later statement that said he reads like obv scum to me was completely serious and independent of the joke. I think he's been borderline useless in making meaningful contributions despite being around and posting plenty. The problem is that that's exactly how I read him the last game I played with him when he was town, which is why I'm not focusing on him. I will say one thing though - to all the people saying what a great town player bozo is and how he can solve the game for us later on, you couldn't be further off the mark.

Other than that, still not sure why I'm the lead wagon.
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm
I'd also be alright with a Moscow wagon. He's faded away a lot for someone who said it's important for town to constantly communicate their evaluation of the game, he started a bozo wagon for an admittedly non-serious reason but still claims bozo is obvious scum, and I'm the only person who he says he townreads and I'm suspicious that he's buddying me after our early interaction.
A nice paragraph that really says nothing at all. Saying I've faded away a lot is nonsense - a lazy glance at number of posts shows me in the bottom half but number of words puts me at 9th. I've been away for a while at this point, but so what? Can a guy not get some sleep and then go to his morning class without notifying everyone?

Saying I started a bozo wagon is also either ignorant, disingenuous, or both. I never voted for bozo and never gave a reason to vote for him either. By the time I posted saying how I viewed him as obvscum, both existing bozo voters were already on him. So the only thing of substance kgray has to offer is that I townread her, which apparently constitutes buddying now. And calling herself my only townread is also incorrect, as I believe I mentioned that I townread Durga as well.

So yeah. I'm around for the next few hours but unfortunately am not going to be on for EOD as I have something scheduled. My gut tells me ##Vote Macca makes a lot of sense here, as he hasn't improved one bit.

foodcoats

#852 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm
foodcoats wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

So is it case 1, 2 or 3?
There’s absolutely no benefit to town to discussing this, in my opinion. Are you brainbomb?
I don't think I ignored it. I strongly objected to it.

We can return to it later if I am alive.

bozotheclown

#853 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 pm
What was your intention of faking as a PR?
It was a short game, and I was diverting the D1 kill from what I knew to be a town kill to someone who at least had the chance to be mafia (from my point of view).
And this was worth the cost of possibly outting your PR and making yourself the for sure kill down the road?
The cop role in that game was of questionable benefit. I did not have to be killed later, but if I was going to get killed D1, getting killed later was no worse for town.

foodcoats

#854 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm

I'm starting to like F Mos more than A StP.

summit_fever

#855 Post by summit_fever » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Is there a reason to townread seth? I don't see it.

##vote seth

worcej

#856 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:07 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 pm
yep. im keeping the disclaimer that im not quite at the "certain" point yet, but summit is probably one of the easiest persons to read for me on here.

Hoping thats not going to change.
I thought that used to be me.
I used to say it about Jamiet and Bozo too, but most dogs/pokemon learn new tricks or evolve to shoot fireballs at your carpets
With that in mind, how do you feel when an 'old dog/pokemon' seems to be stuck in the mindset of comparing people to their 'normal'?

bozotheclown

#857 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:27 pm
foodcoats wrote:

I don't think I ignored it. I strongly objected to it.

We can return to it later if I am alive.
I do not know if leaving this speculation unresolved is helping town.

worcej

#858 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:13 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:13 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Figures. You're so vain you'd pick yourself whatever the question lol.
You're also talking to the person who will self vote himself in a TEAM GAME to ensure that his TEAM wins.

We have too many people here that want to be the damn hero sometimes...
Except your self-vote saved scum-bob from dying after we made another glorious last minute wagon
Eh, I will admit the bot issue not logging the vote screwed me up.

But we still won, so SHHHHHHHH!

foodcoats

#859 Post by foodcoats » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 pm

I think I feel something like this.

townish
MF
Vecna
Tom
summit
kgray... with caveats that I am afraid of scum!kgray
yavu
bozo
flash?
Bunny... probably
Seth. From God, to Kane, to Seth. Just... Seth.

nullish
HR
...rdr?... I never know with this guy
Flum
hthefourth
worcej
TrPrado

scumlike
Macca
Durga
damo?
goldfinger?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#860 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm
Is there a reason to townread seth? I don't see it.

##vote seth
Is there a reason to scumread him? This seemingly came out of nowhere. Do you not like any of the current wagons?