MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Telamor

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#841 Post by Telamor » Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm

@
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm

@stressed - If you have to pick a scumteam of five, right now, who is it?

@Telamor - same question.
Well I'm not sure I have a total list. I definitely think something is dodge with Ike and his claim.

Peter has been taking a leading role in haranging other town members which also seems like a scum move. Setting the town on each other to distract from an actual search for scum.

I don't understand the moves against Snow and Ezio at the moment. I've struggled to follow the accusations levelled at them is it just because they haven't contributed much?

#PradoIsAPaedo was taking off for a bit but it seems to have flagged. I can only assume this is a sign Prado is scum and wants to deny town a rallying cry. Other than that I Don't have much of a read on people.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#842 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 pm

@Jamie - Yes, I meant I want you to theorize based on what we know and the plausible situations we are facing.

@Ike - Earlier on you were bemoaning if you should even vote and, IMO, there was much gnashing of teeth and it seemed like you were trying to cut off your nose to spite your face “Should I vote ghug” “Who should I vote for” these are tactics used to displace blame, the exact same tactic gunned scum use in gun games to try to move the blame for shooting town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#843 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm
Peter has been taking a leading role in haranging other town members which also seems like a scum move. Setting the town on each other to distract from an actual search for scum.
Can you explain what you mean by this? You think he's targeting townies?

Ezio

#844 Post by Ezio » Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pm

##Vote Telemor.
He's dumb-acting. It's one thing to ask dumb questions to an individual for questioning, and another entirely to just say "I don't know anything about anything". Very common scum tactic for a new player.

Glad to see we're not lynching Ike. We're not gonna lynch him until LyLo/MyLo.

Balki is town. Peterlund is also town. I'll be back to townclear more people later.

RagingIke297

#845 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:00 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 pm
@Jamie - Yes, I meant I want you to theorize based on what we know and the plausible situations we are facing.

@Ike - Earlier on you were bemoaning if you should even vote and, IMO, there was much gnashing of teeth and it seemed like you were trying to cut off your nose to spite your face “Should I vote ghug” “Who should I vote for” these are tactics used to displace blame, the exact same tactic gunned scum use in gun games to try to move the blame for shooting town.
Where have I asked anyone who I should vote for? I've stated that I shouldn't vote because right now my vote has more potential to be a scum vote in others eyes than anyone else. I am frustrated that I had to out, but I think I'm doing alright

Ezio

#846 Post by Ezio » Fri May 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Oh Ghug is very probably town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#847 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm

@Ezio, who do you think would NK xorxes besides you and me?

Ezio

#848 Post by Ezio » Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Ike stop being dumb and stop asking about your dumb voting idea. You should vote. If you're PR we want you to stick around. We're never going to mislynch you. There's literally no reason for you to not vote.

Ezio

#849 Post by Ezio » Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm

@Ghug anyone with a half a brain.

Balki
Darg
Jamiet (def closer to the "half" part of the spectrum)
rdrivera
snowy

Telamor

#850 Post by Telamor » Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 pm

I feel like the proof he's pushing against Balki is pretty weak and has the feel of Peter trying to convince us more by repetition than argument.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#851 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Telamor wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 pm
I feel like the proof he's pushing against Balki is pretty weak and has the feel of Peter trying to convince us more by repetition than argument.
But why do you presume Balki's town?

What would you say if I told you that that's Peter's argumentative style regardless of alignment?

teacher2

#852 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Catchup post. Im going to be low activity for the weekend, but will get on at least once tomorrow and by the deadline.

@RdR - Id appreciate an explicit ghug read from you.
peterlund wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm
That consensus I never was part of. That was probably something you others wrote while I was at sleep here in Stockholm. Are you angry with me, not taking orders from you? Or will you now be angry with me asking you such impolite frank questions? 8-)
I would assume (since you were posting multiple read posts) that you read the consensus. And even if not, you are smart enough to know that its a risk of lynching our PR. Why wouldnt you lynch another spot to get the information, like the driver of the wagon? Wanting to lynch a PR claim is suspect (and no, I never get angry at game play and never ever want someone to simply sheep me. I trust the wisdom of the crowd, but it requires a crowd of thinkers).
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm
Why not Chaga, Telamor or Stressedlines?
Because this is apparently Chaqa's meta, and I dont want to hit the newbs yet (just a softspot to let them learn the game). I saw Yav a being LA explainable, but also potentially hiding when he knows hes less good in this position. Plus, I thought like many his D1 went downhill, and the ending truly off. I echo Thamrick on Reedeer.
ghug wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 pm
Peter's overnight thought dump is town as fuck even though I don't really agree with any of it.
That's my issue. Tryhard + illogic = scum? Voting two ostensible scum targets is exceptionally weird.
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:59 pm
I appreciate your work and contributions to game, and townread you. But if you push me for that reason, I retaliate with scumread.
As stated above, its because I found your EoD1 bad and asking for crumbs bad. OMGUS scumread me all you want. Id rather you try to town yourself by putting in effort at gamesolving, because that is how to deal with suspicions as town. OMGUS is how to deal with suspicions as scum, to make others afraid of scumming you.
Chaqa wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 pm
I'm reading. I just don't have any super strong thoughts yet. I'm trying to make sense of Ike's whole deal right now. I'll be able to help more when we have a few days of info to work with.
But until then you'll be a mislynch liability? Scum want to avoid playing to keep information low. Townies know well they can be wrong, but try to share so that they can learn what is needed BEFORE its MYLO/LYLO. Play.
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm
Based off of N1, what is your general opinion of the exp and skill level of the scum team, based off what we know/don’t know?
They have at least two, if not a majority, of members who are steeped in WebDip mafia and know Xorxes is a major gamesolve threat, enough to NK him when he was a possible mislynch target. I dont see how newbs pick his name out of a hat, nor see the purported crumb in a joke. I dont know how to take the Balki RB, or even whether to believe it. I am more doubtful of Ike than I have been before, but that argues against Balki being RB (to support scum!Ike) or Balki being maf, and using RB claim to build strong cred while isolating Ike in either alignment. Bottom line, since the play is unexpected, but on a good target, Im guessing at least guided by experience.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#853 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 pm

thamrick wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm
teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 pm
@yav-I don’t want to post the crumb/fake crumb or list.

I do think the game right now reeks of let town kill themselves.

I’d suggest we pick a lurker who is not one of the current wagons to run up, or at least comment on a second. (I’m fine with both wagons, and my new target proposal would be reedeer/Yavu. I’m just worried about the low activity day).

As before I’m on mobile and limited @EoD rush so getting my compromise pool out early.
I don't object a lurker wagon, but Reedeer looked a lot better to me after his EOD behavior (voted Ike to break a tie and voted Bozo after the claim). Yav could be an interesting targwt. Why not Chaga, Telamor or Stressedlines?
Why do you attribute that behavior to town reedeer? Would a scum who just voted not switch their vote after a PR claim? Is it only the votes from reedeer or is something else?
Why would a lurking scum Reedeer show with 5 minute to go and untie the voting (and save Bozo that he knew is town). The move to Bozo after Ike claim is a weak town tell, but both together give a town read on him far ahead of the other lurkers.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#854 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 8:20 pm

It's less the tryharding and more the change in opinion that gets me with Peter. He came in all gung ho on Ike and then changed his mind upon further processing of the existing info. That's not something I see scum doing.

teacher2

#855 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 pm
Why would a lurking scum Reedeer show with 5 minute to go and untie the voting (and save Bozo that he knew is town). The move to Bozo after Ike claim is a weak town tell, but both together give a town read on him far ahead of the other lurkers.
First vote: To ensure 1 mislynch goes through (assume Town!Ike). Second vote: to get towncred while knowing its still a mislynch.

Its NAI, since Ike is 50/50. If I felt stronger that he was scum, Id hardtown reedeer for it. But I find it far more likely in a game with five scums that both wagons EoD were on scum than that all town wound up in the same spot by providence. I havent formally checked, but I dont think anyone has townread the entire Ike wagon at its peak (before PR claim) -- this would actually be a good research project.

teacher2

#856 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Actually, the assumption of dual scum driven wagons does make it interesting. I had scummed several on the Ike wagon, but not anyone outside snowy on the pre-pr claim Bozo wagon. It makes me want to reread the Ds closer. And others should maybe read me closer too.

@DrCJG, @dargorygel: Why Bozo in particular?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#857 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri May 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Greetings,

I’ve been, essentially, under a rock all day. A very large, heavy, rock. I am now emerging into the sunlight.

Can someone give me a couple of bullet points on who are the leading wagons and why they are the leading wagons?

I’m about to jump on an airplane. During my flight, I intend to re-read EOD1 from the perspective of “Bozo is Town and RagingIke is Scum.” I’ll let you know what I see.

I’ll also try to catch on what has happened today. I’ve been able to look briefly a couple of times today, and I’m generally discouraged by our effort level. I’m hoping to see others do some vote analysis and careful thought about things that are actually alignment indicative.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#858 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

@Teacher - You asked me for a reas on Ghug. It's a difficult one to me as I misread him often. I agree with most of his arguments, but being logical have nothing to do with being town or scum. My current read on him is slightly town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#859 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 pm
First vote: To ensure 1 mislynch goes through (assume Town!Ike). Second vote: to get towncred while knowing its still a mislynch.

Its NAI, since Ike is 50/50. If I felt stronger that he was scum, Id hardtown reedeer for it. But I find it far more likely in a game with five scums that both wagons EoD were on scum than that all town wound up in the same spot by providence. I havent formally checked, but I dont think anyone has townread the entire Ike wagon at its peak (before PR claim) -- this would actually be a good research project.
A day 1 tie with two town is probably better for scum then a myslinch (I can explain it if you want), so I don't see scum eager to untie it if Ike is town and I don't see first time scum (if I am not wrong, didn't check) Reedeer bussing scum Ike. But fine, I am not giving him a free pass, just moved him to my town reads.

teacher2

#860 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm

On mobile and low activity now.

##vote snowy

The wagon analysis was my last straw. This what I want to go through absent some actual play from you.