MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#801 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 pm
Are you running in circles, you think the (what appeared to be a joke post) of xorxes is definitive enough to reverse your logic... please provide some more reasoning.
That first thought of mine was going only on instinct. That is why I thought it was "Simple as hell!"

But then I was thinking, maybe this is exactly what scum had planned on how I and others would react with instinct and basic gut feelings, so I started to dig deeper...

I could not really figure out:
1. Why was Ike not NKed?
2. Why was Ike not RBed?
3. Why was Xorxes NKed?
4. Why Balki was RBed (or why was there no CC on Balki's RB claim)?

Many others, not just I, were also very surprised by Balki's un-CCed RB claim.

Something was not right with the initial theory. Something was very fishy. Was this a set-up planned by the scum team? So I figured out that we needed an better explanation for the EoN1 events.

So that is why I came up with my "option 5" that also happens to similar with Ike's scenario 9.

My "option 5":
"Actually thinking some more on this there may be an option 5 where scum for some reason thought that Xorxes was the cop, and therefore they RBed and NKed Xorxes, while they also could let scum Balki claim RBed first thing day 2. With option 5 IKE is looking bad and they expect IKE to be the D2 lynch. Is there any reason in Xorxes postings to suspect Xorxes being the cop?"

Amended "option 5" a few posting later with:
"And there is a good reason for scum not trying to NK you, as they would expect the Doc to save you this night. If they did not believe your PR claim (which is likely), there is no reason to RB you either."

Then I made my SOLO read on Xorx, and then I found 2 clues that could possibly support my theory. That made me change my mind. So now I think it would be better for town to ##VOTE Balki and see him flip.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#802 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:34 pm
You have a bot, right? I used it to see page 15. He attributes his vote to the counter-personality definition requests AND the immediate log-off. You do respond by saying that you dont want to make lists, which is a way of preserving the flexibility that scum want.
That was early on in the game, and I had frankly not started to read the thread so closely at that time and I believe there is little point in doing so half way in to D1.
But now I have listed some suspects. And now it is D2, there is a lot more to analyze. I think I am doing my bit now. By the EoD2 I think I will have a complete list even if it never will be with your level of detail...
teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:34 pm
@PeterLund, you have now voted two ostensible scum targets - Ike and Balki - and your reasoning seems, well, odd. The consensus was to leave Ike alone as un'cced PR. What made you move to Balki, the un'cced RB? I echo DrCJC here.
That consensus I never was part of. That was probably something you others wrote while I was at sleep here in Stockholm. Are you angry with me, not taking orders from you? Or will you now be angry with me asking you such impolite frank questions? 8-)

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#803 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 3:01 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:56 pm
That was early on in the game, and I had frankly not started to read the thread so closely at that time and I believe there is little point in doing so half way in to D1.
It should have been "I believe there is little point in writing long lists half way in to D1."
Obviously, you should read the thread all time starting D1 at game start.

yavuzovic

#804 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:49 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm
@Dr What is the rest of your question?
:eyeroll:

@ Yav - On page 32, I called you out for unvoting Ghug in response to my questioning it, claiming to vote Ezio (because he was voting no-lynch), then within 2 pages without any changes by Ezio voting no-lynch because you couldn't decide on anyone who was scummy enough... "I then asked has anything changed, do you have anyone you would be willing to vote for right now?"

Although a lot more has come to light and I would have liked to known what you were thinking back then, I would still like to hear your opinions on Ike, Ghug, and who you would be willing to lynch (and why).
While reading the thread Balki's RB claim sounded very scummy. But after a few pages my guts started to say he is town. I don't think a mafia could be brave enough to do that - unless they RB Xorxes, wow I realise that now.

Can I take the list of the players who have claimed they are PR?

teacher2

#805 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 pm

@yav-I don’t want to post the crumb/fake crumb or list.

I do think the game right now reeks of let town kill themselves.

I’d suggest we pick a lurker who is not one of the current wagons to run up, or at least comment on a second. (I’m fine with both wagons, and my new target proposal would be reedeer/Yavu. I’m just worried about the low activity day).

As before I’m on mobile and limited @EoD rush so getting my compromise pool out early.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#806 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:17 pm
Peter that turnaround was quite dramatic and really rapid
Yes, I know I have a "dynamic" mind. Thanks for the compliment by the way! :-D

But fact is, before the turn-around I had only finished reading upto EoN1. When I started reading the discussion on D2, I started to doubt my own initial theory. There were too many loose ends in it.

thamrick

#807 Post by thamrick » Fri May 11, 2018 3:26 pm

@yav - pretty sure only Ike has claimed PR. There were some posts during the joke phase, but pretty sure those were just jokes.

I tend to believe Balki's claim. It doesn't make a lot of sense from scum perspective, but it also seems like an unnecessary risk to take from scum. I still need to go back and reread Balki and xorxes to see if there's any crumb scum might have picked up on to direct their N1 actions. My future in-laws just left and I have to go to work in 30 mins so I'll probably save that for tonight (irl, not itt) though.

@RHK - so you voted and later unvoted bozo based on the timing of his EoD votes, correct? From what I gather, you were also concerned about snowy's bozo vote. How much did that snowy vote influence your decision to vote/unvote bozo, and what was causing you to feel how you felt about snowy at the time?

@teacher - Thanks for the response. I know you've said it before, but what made you so sure at the time that Ike was going to flip town?

@Telamor - What has stood out to you so far?

@StressedLines - same question - what has stood out? And why are you voting snowy?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#808 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 pm

I’d suggest we pick a lurker who is not one of the current wagons to run up, or at least comment on a second. (I’m fine with both wagons, and my new target proposal would be reedeer/Yavu. I’m just worried about the low activity day).

As before I’m on mobile and limited @EoD rush so getting my compromise pool out early.
I don't object a lurker wagon, but Reedeer looked a lot better to me after his EOD behavior (voted Ike to break a tie and voted Bozo after the claim). Yav could be an interesting targwt. Why not Chaga, Telamor or Stressedlines?

thamrick

#809 Post by thamrick » Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm
teacher2 wrote:

I don't object a lurker wagon, but Reedeer looked a lot better to me after his EOD behavior (voted Ike to break a tie and voted Bozo after the claim). Yav could be an interesting targwt. Why not Chaga, Telamor or Stressedlines?
Why do you attribute that behavior to town reedeer? Would a scum who just voted not switch their vote after a PR claim? Is it only the votes from reedeer or is something else?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#810 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Sorry I’ve been a bit slow y’all. I’ve been getting settled back in at home.

DrCJG

#811 Post by DrCJG » Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 pm

teacher2 wrote:

We have 30+ hours till EoD... but, I agree with potentially forcing the lurkers to start proffering something... For that reason I am happy to vote Chaqa (What are we at 2 post total?) or Stressedlines (You can't keep saying your absorbing information paired with a vote following a wagon.

But, Ezio seems like the scummiest lurker to me... so at least until he utters something useful: ##Vote Ezio

As for the current wagons, I am going to have to reread Snowy... I had Peter as town, but after his latest comments he has seemed off... still he seems to have some reasoning and I think his participation is genuine so he is at worst null to me.

teacher2

#812 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Crap, my "let town kill themselves" was based on forgetting the deadline. I will respond to the other stuff in due course. Catching up ORL.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#813 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Morning folks. I've been busy talking to someone I like more than all of you, but now I'm at work, so I have nothing better to do than play mafia.

I figured Ike's questioning was targeted at me specifically for the reasons he gave. I'm not sure what to make of him thinking I shouldn't want him to vote. Maybe he's just bad at strategy? I did indeed change my tune on his claiming a specific role. Teacher pegs my thought process there for the most part, though I do think it continues to benefit scum to leave him in this state of unresolution, so it's possible I'll be changing my tune yet again in a day or two.

Ike himself is avoiding giving opinions on too many people and clearly wants us to tell him not to vote so that he can be absolved of any guilt for not giving us information.

Peter's overnight thought dump is town as fuck even though I don't really agree with any of it. I was thinking we should pressure Ezio because he should really be participating, and DrC has conveniently laid down a vote there as well, so ##VOTE Ezio

Snowy should remain a wagon.

RagingIke297

#814 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Ike himself is avoiding giving opinions on too many people and clearly wants us to tell him not to vote so that he can be absolved of any guilt for not giving us information.
I was a little busy answering all the questions everyone directed at me this morning, I'm at work now and I don't have too much down time. It seems a though everyone that responds wants me to vote and if that trend continues I will indeed vote. Right now I would put my vote on Snowy, he's acting off. I'll get out a reads list in 7ish hours when I get home

yavuzovic

#815 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Thank you thamrick, I like your calm play and this is quite far from a scum play.
teacher2 wrote:

My friend, I told you my business since the game started. Now I'm turning back to my home and I will be as active as I was at the starting. You can't simply blame people for being inactive. I hadn't time enough and couldn't post much, does it make me scum! I appreciate your work and contributions to game, and townread you. But if you push me for that reason, I retaliate with scumread.

yavuzovic

#816 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 11, 2018 5:06 pm

If you are so willing to push players for not posting much you can find a ton of them. I was very active at the starting.
Last two days I was out of my city and most of my days have passed on roads. I had matchs and my life didn't allow me to read your posts after EoD1. I don't have a computer now and writing by my phone. Tomorrow I will come with my computer and read older posts. Old messages also ease me to read people so I don't want to share my reads now. I hope you understand.

yavuzovic

#817 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 pm

And if you really want to hear a vote from us,
##vote Ezio for yes, he should contribute more. But if he is busy like me I understand this. I will probably change this vote later. Ezio come here and tell us what you think Romeo!

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#818 Post by dargorygel » Fri May 11, 2018 5:21 pm

(a quick read... and out the door... but did Yavu just tie, rescuing Snowy? I suppose it is too early to really have this as a result, but wanted to note it for later.)

Jamiet99uk

#819 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 pm
awfully awkward wording don't you think
"I maintain my claim that I am PR"
really makes you think
How would you have liked me to word it Snowy?
What does it make you think about?
This was a good observation by Snowy, and I am glad to see Snowy has decided to participate. The point, Ike, is that you didn't say "Yes I am PR" or similar. Instead, you said "I maintain my <b> claim </b> that I am PR". Rather than confidently presenting your PR status as fact, you refer to it as a claim. This is a distinction that may not occur to someone if they were lying.

teacher2 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm
I shared your theory...

...My theory was that Ike was cop who scanned ghug. Thats obviously not the case.
That was not the same theory as I had. My theory was that we might have been looking at scum RagingIke trying to make it look like he was begging for assistance from (town) Ghug, in order to frame Ghug as scum if and when he (Ike) flipped scum.

That theory is now unlikely given Ike's response.

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm
Can I take the list of the players who have claimed they are PR?
I do not think you are wise to ask for that information. There is only one outright claim, which is Ike.

@RagingIke: Thank you for your answers so far. Could I ask you, what first caused you to think that Ghug is scum?

And finally for this long post, ##VOTE EZIO

Jamiet99uk

#820 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 5:27 pm

@Chaqa
@Ezio
@reedeer1

Please participate or request a sub if you can't. Your silence is harmful to the Town.