MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#741 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:43 am

ghug wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:00 am
Ike, if you're the cop, you need to work with the scans you get to help town. If you're the doc, you're still a townie with reads that shouldn't be ignored. If you're scum, you have to pretend to be one of those anyway, and we get the benefit of you trying to avoid informing us of anything in exchange for leaving you alive. Play the game.
But you're pretty certain I'm scum right? If a decent majority of people think that way then I shouldn't vote even though I am town. Everyone who is town has no way of knowing my alignment thus no way of knowing if I'm working for or against the town. I'm still going to give my opinion, say who i would be voting for and answer most questions directed at me, but my reads and my votes have less validity than everyone else until i die and they become town canon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#742 Post by ghug » Fri May 11, 2018 3:45 am

This is you tryharding again. If you're scum, you'll vote in a crucial situation anyway. If you're town, you should be open about your thoughts. You actively scumread me and yet you're asking me to decide what you do. It's the highest grade of bullshit (and proof I'm town when he flips scum).

RagingIke297

#743 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:51 am

ghug wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:45 am
This is you tryharding again. If you're scum, you'll vote in a crucial situation anyway. If you're town, you should be open about your thoughts. You actively scumread me and yet you're asking me to decide what you do. It's the highest grade of bullshit (and proof I'm town when he flips scum).
If im scum why not hold off on voting in a critical situation and gain town cred?
I'm being very open about my thoughts and youre calling me a tryhard, pick what you want me to do Ghug

teacher2

#744 Post by teacher2 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:01 am

Ike if youre sitting back, whatever wagon you get on in a critical situation, Im likely to switch. Just play as if your claim wasnt there. Give us reads. Give us votes. We will have to WIFOM you as best we can.

Not doing reads and votes is basically conf!scum who doesnt want to expend the effort to try to sound credible while hiding his team.

thamrick

#745 Post by thamrick » Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 am

Work was crazy today and I ended up having to stay an hour later than expected so I ust got caught up on the thread. Really baffled by the xorxes kill and Balki claim. Need to do a D1 reread but I doubt I’ll have time until tomorrow night.

@teacher - I had seen your response to the quote but still feel like it deserves another look. You said it was a mobile post. When you posted it, Ike was in the lead and had just claimed PR iirc. Get me in what mindset you were in. Had you seen Ike’s claim? What outcome did you expect when you posted that?

@Ike - not sure what to make of your claim at this point, but I agree. You should participate like normal as it still gives us info to parse when your alignment is revealed. Why are you only asking ghug what he thinks you should do?

@RHK - why did you unvote Bozo when you did?

Side note to teacher - there used to be a mafia player called DemonOverlord (now known as Durga) so we always called her DO and called DemonRHK RHK to avoid confusion. I’m unlikely to change calling him RHK.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#746 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 11, 2018 5:24 am

thamrick wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 am
@RHK - why did you unvote Bozo when you did?
I was posting from mobile, and from what I could see bozo piled on right at about the EoD-1 mark, which is right about when I would see the scumbos making moves to solidify a mislynch. I was of the thinking he made it 5-3 Ike when he actually made it 5-4 Ike, breaking the tie. My incorrect reasoning, coupled with snowy following me for the second time onto a wagon D1 put me off. I bailed to an unvote before lobbying (the best I could on mobile) for a late snowy wagon.

Jamiet99uk

#747 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 am

Why is RagingIke constantly appealing to Ghug to coach him?

Jamiet99uk

#748 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 am

Like "Should I declare my role, Ghug?" "Should I vote today, Ghug?" "Can you help me use the potty, Ghug?"

What is this shit? When did Ghug become Ike's carer?

Jamiet99uk

#749 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 am

I have a theory regarding Ike's weird interaction with Ghug but first I'd ask them both to comment on it themselves.

Telamor

#750 Post by Telamor » Fri May 11, 2018 8:27 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:01 am

6. I am town, I get roleblocked and killed, not super smart, probably 30% of people believe my claim why kill me? Good part about this for scum is that they could claim RB

8. I am town, I get Killed but not roleblocked, again like situation 6 why kill me when people think my claim is false?

6&8 aren't smart for scum if people don't buy my claim which they don't
I'm not sure I understand your logic here. Surely a night 1 kill would be ideal against a PR(Power Role?) as it'd dispose of you before you had a potential chance to copscan and start leaving clues for town to follow after you're dead.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#751 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

Doing some "VCA" :) on D1!

That sequence of 5 votes in a row on Bozo between 57 and 35 minutes before deadline really caught my attention.
00:57|DrC TrP>boz|5-Rag, 4-pet, 2-Jam, 2-ree
00:54|tea pet>boz|5-Rag, 3-pet, 2-Jam, 2-boz
00:41|Dem ree>boz|5-Rag, 3-pet, 3-boz, 2-Jam
00:35|sno ree>boz|5-Rag, 4-boz, 3-pet, 2-Jam
00:35|dar Ezi>boz|5-boz, 5-Rag, 3-pet, 2-Jam

Bozo had 0 votes and then DrC started the Bozo voting, followed by teacher, RHK, snowy and darg. Snowy followed RHK from voting Ree only 6 min after RHK made the same switch. I think we have at least one scum in this group of 5. Is it snowy, RHK and/or darg?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#752 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:37 am

reedeer1
Day-1 01:44
page 21 ... As I was reading Peterlund rubbed me the wrong way, and then as I continued to read more and more people were moving him to their scum or slight scum reads.

I am going to @@Vote Peterlund
---
This is very scummy way of motivating his vote on me "more and more people were moving him to their scum or slight scum reads.". This motivation puts him onto my PoE list from now on.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#753 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

RagingIke297
Night-1 01:59
page 33 @Ghug, You've played in every game I have as far as I can remember. I think that you figured out that I was a PR mid D1. You know how I normally play and you saw the difference. You said something along the lines of Is Ike normally this much of a try hard? I think that you used that to make me look like scum and took advantage of the fact that people will just sheep your vote so you could get me lynched and wouldn't have to spend the NK bullet
---
That is lots of bull from Ike about being an PR and at the same time it looks like a buddying attempt of ghug. Do you not dare to claim a particular role due to the risk of being CC'ed?
And I noticed that you survived EoN1! Why would scum not NK you after you claimed "PR" unless you are scum yourself? I think we catch scum if we lynch IKE and that would be one scum vote less Day3. ##VOTE IKE

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#754 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 am

ghug
Night-1 01:31
page 33 Sure, but you're still going to be worse at it than most people by virtue of your being terrible in general.
-------
@ghug: I would appreciate if you'd harass TrPrado just a bit less about "being terrible". We all know our Dear Prado quite well, no reason to go on like this, I think, imho, if you excuse me...

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#755 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 am

teacher2
Night-1 00:06
page 34 ... Asks good questions of PeterLund, which PeterLund does not answer
---
Ooh did Jamie ask me questions? I must have missed those somehow. I guess I am not reading Jamie closely enough... :eyeroll: What page are they on?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#756 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:47 am

teacher2
Night-1 00:06
page 34 ... Can people agree to call DemonRHK Demon rather than RHK for short, and Raging Ike as Ike
---
I propose you to use the bot search tool (found on the front page) for this. Word search "Demon*|*RHK" gives all DemonRHK mentionings and "Ragin*|Ike" returns all mentionings of Ike.
Try these links:
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?wo ... rt=1-&g=36
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?wo ... rt=1-&g=36

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#757 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 am

Now I have read upto EoN1, continuing with D2...

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#758 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 pm
Provided that nobody counterclaims my role block, I think we know:

(1) I am scum, and scum holstered their RB; or
(2) I am town and scum thought I may be a PR

Is it possible that scum holstered their RB to try to give me Town cred? Yes, certainly. But that would be an odd strategy. I was not under much suspicion, and holstering a Role Block is a somewhat expensive way to try to give me town cred, when it is probably more likely to backfire and shine a spotlight on me.

Anyway, I'm town, and I was role blocked.
Yeah. Why would scum RB Balki, when they have Ike claiming PR? The obvious RB target should have been IKE if IKE was not scum, but IKE was not the RB target. To me that means 2 things: Balki is town and IKE is scum. Simple as hell!

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#759 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am

Telamor wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 pm
Firstly why are we so keen on lynching people early game? Surely as town we want to play for time early game which would mean preserving townie lives and gaining some time to properly examine how people are voting and responding to better gauge scuminess.
A no-lynch gives us much less voting pattern (VCA) information about the players, compared to when we also get to know the alignment of the lynched target. That is why we make sure that there is no tie in the vote.
Telamor wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 pm
Secondly, Prado I don't know how you expect new players to act but I am not shy retiring violet by nature. I'm also not being coached,
I'm still fumbling around and trying to figure out which end of this game is which. I think that's been pretty obvious so far which makes me wonder if you just reckon I'll be an easy lynch because I'm new. Let me say stupid things to make myself look like scum while you build up a small anti-Telamor posse.
You cannot hide forever using the excuse "I am a newbie". Remember that you do not win by surviving; you win if your team wins in the end. If you do not start proper scum hunting soon, also I will put you onto my PoE list (Pool of elimination). Please come up with some ideas on who you currently suspect is scum or who is town. And you can change any lists you make later.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#760 Post by peterlund » Fri May 11, 2018 9:51 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 pm
I'm not surprised. Scum had 4 options. Option 1 RB and kill me which would have been silly since no one believes my claim. Option 2 RB me and kill someone else, also silly clears me as town. Option 3 kill me and RB someone else, again silly because no one believes my claim or option 4 roleblock and kill someone else. Scum took the only option that didn't get rid of a schrodingers PR and didnt open the box to let people see inside
Actually thinking some more on this there may be an option 5 where scum for some reason thought that Xorxes was the cop, and therefore they RBed and NKed Xorxes, while they also could let scum Balki claim RBed first thing day 2. With option 5 IKE is looking bad and they expect IKE to be the D2 lynch. Is there any reason in Xorxes postings to suspect Xorxes being the cop? (I think I need to reconsider my vote, but there is plenty of time before EoD2 (Tela EoD=End of Day, EoN=End of Night))