MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Telamor

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#621 Post by Telamor » Thu May 10, 2018 11:59 am

Oops, I didn't mean to call anyone a Paedo. I meant to write Prado but my autocorrect clearly has some strong opinions about him. That said if I've understood this game correctly that's enough proof to lynch right?

#LynchPradoHe'sAPaedo

yavuzovic

#622 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Guys, forgive me bit I will not read these 12 pages. I'm away from my computer and I just lost 3 debate matchs. Shit, I must read. I'm coming this evening, really sorry.

Telamor

#623 Post by Telamor » Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Chin up Yav debating can be hard and losing can be really demoralizing. We're you debating BP or Euro style?

teacher2

#624 Post by teacher2 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 pm

@GM

Do you prefer bolded call outs? All bolded texts? Just wondering about forum mechanics here. Onto my two serious questions:

Can you confirm what happened/will happen to the two low posters?

Can you confirm that 6pm NYC time is the deadline today?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#625 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 pm
@GM

Do you prefer bolded call outs? All bolded texts? Just wondering about forum mechanics here. Onto my two serious questions:

Can you confirm what happened/will happen to the two low posters?

You don't need to bold out calls unless you want to. I try to keep close watch of the thread.

The two low posters were warned and have agreed to follow the post requirements moving forward. If they do not, the will be replaced with our subs.

The deadlines are always at 6pm EST. So yes, the night phase will end today at 6pm EST.

teacher2

#626 Post by teacher2 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 pm

@Board, FWIW, I view my discussion of when mafia can talk as NAI. The earlier discussion seemed a townslip from Dargorygel (I agree). But because it was already called a townslip, Scum!me has motivation to do it too.

My real reason is just wanting to know -- I dont think knowing it makes much of a difference to in-day real time play, but it affects how I analyze the timing of wagon shifts -- with daychat scum can actively plan to put the two leading/compromise wagons both on town with less obvious coordination; without it, the coordination has to be a bit more apparent. In other words, without day chat, scum!motivated shifts are slightly more likely closer together in time/place; with day chat, scum!motivated shifts can be more carefully spread out.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#627 Post by peterlund » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 pm
You also find time left to next deadline on the top of the bot game status page and more deadline info at the bottom of the same page...

yavuzovic

#628 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Telamor wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 pm
Chin up Yav debating can be hard and losing can be really demoralizing. We're you debating BP or Euro style?
Non of them. 😄

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#629 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm

I just turned finished my semester by turning in a paper a week late slightly below page count, AMA

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#630 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm
I just turned finished my semester by turning in a paper a week late slightly below page count, AMA
Why can't you bring your mafia play up to that level of competence?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#631 Post by TrPrado » Thu May 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Telamor wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 am
So who are your chief scum suspects then Prado?
Jamie for reasons as stated. He hasn't turned around much of my concern on him. The rest are pretty murky.

Though on a much more honest note I'm beginning to get pretty suspect of you. When I look at players who haven't played here before, whether or not they've played elsewhere, I take a hard look at how confident or assenting they are. Your vote for the entirety of the first day was following someone else, and that seems to implicate you.

Could I also inquire as to why I'm the only person you asked this of?
ghug wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm
Why can't you bring your mafia play up to that level of competence?
:cry:

yavuzovic

#632 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Jamie is also on my suspect list. I haven't read him yet but I saw his vote on bozo without explanation.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#633 Post by ghug » Thu May 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Strong townreads right now are Yav, darg, rd. Weak townreads are Ezio, teacher, Prado. I don't really have strong scum suspects right now.

Jamiet99uk

#634 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:03 pm
Jamie is also on my suspect list. I haven't read him yet but I saw his vote on bozo without explanation.
That's a weak reason to suspect me. I moved my vote to Bozo because we had to choose between Bozo and RagingIke, and RagingIke was claiming to be a town PR. Basic stuff.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#635 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:38 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Why you scumread Jamiet for voting Bozo without explanation (and it has an obvious one) and didn't do the same with Snowy and Xorxes that also voted Bozo without explanation and made him a viable wagon?

Jamiet99uk

#636 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 10, 2018 4:42 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:38 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Why you scumread Jamiet for voting Bozo without explanation (and it has an obvious one) and didn't do the same with Snowy and Xorxes that also voted Bozo without explanation and made him a viable wagon?
Perhaps Snowy is his team mate. We will find out when we lynch Snowy tomorrow.

DrCJG

#637 Post by DrCJG » Thu May 10, 2018 4:49 pm

In the process of Reviewing Day 1… but my gut response is as follows… please question my thoughts as it will help me look back and see if I became biased and tunneled.

Summary
Townlean – Balki, Peterlund, RHK, and Dargorygel
Null – teacher2, xorxes, Ghug, TrPrado, Reeder1, rdrivera, snowy, and Jamiet
Scumlean – yav, Ezio, Thamrick,
Didn’t post enough – Chaqa, Telamor, Stressedlines

And then there is Irk… I had him townlean, but now I think he is mafia, but if he is town I don’t think he would throw a potential PR under the bus if he is actually VT. Love to hear others thoughts on his personality (does he have the ego to claim PR as town without have a PR)?

Meanwhile… I still have some lingering questions:

@ Yav – In response to me questioning your Ghug vote, you unvoted and claimed you would vote Ezio (presumably because you agreed that his lurking plus no-lynch was scummy) (page 16) but within two pages you felt you could no longer find a scumread and decided to vote no-lynch (page 18) even though Ezio was still awol at the time…. You come back with 37 mins till EoD… when at the time Ike was looking to be lynched, bozo was on the rise, peterlund’s wagon was crumbling… and you still maintained the no lynch. What made you feel Ike and Bozo shouldn’t be lynched? Has anything changed, do you have anyone you would be willing to vote for right now?

@ Ezio – Apparently you are known for your no-lynch D1 vote, were/are you ok with teacher being lynched, or did you just want to pressure him and felt the wagon wouldn’t form to lynch him?

@ Thamrick – You started by defending Ike then joined an early wagon against him stating “probably OMGUS but Ike tunneled me for most of the day…” But by this time he had already changed his vote and in previous posts had already let up on you… since you didn’t change your vote even after his PR claim, is it safe to say you still suspect he is scum?

yavuzovic

#638 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Doctor,
I voted Ezio on that intention, true. But I started to think that's not enough and I voted no-lynch. Then I slept so I couldn't change my vote and I was busy today so I wasn't active.

thamrick

#639 Post by thamrick » Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 pm

I am heading to work soon and probably won't have a chance to check in before EoN so I wanted to get some thoughts out. Doing a little vote/wagon analysis.

All bozo votes and times (time remaining before EoD):
thamrick - 41:23-2:03
DrCJG - 0:57-0:00
teacher2 - 0:54-0:00
DemonRHK - 0:41-0:28
snowy801 - 0:35-0:00
dargorygel - 0:35-0:00 **this vote tied bozo with Ike until bozo changed his Ike vote
xorxes - 0:21-0:00
RagingIke297 - 0:07-0:00
reedeer1 - 0:02-0:00
Jamiet99uk - 0:02-0:00
peterlund - 0:01-0:00

***bozo final wagon voters in bold

Makes sense that bozo's wagon kinda appeared in a flurry. Bozo was pretty inactive all day and only really showed up with an hour and a half remaining (25/27 posts were with less than 1:30 to go).

People whose EoD stands out to me:
teacher2 - for the majority of the day, teacher2 seemed very confident and analytical. Right around when bozo shows up, he starts to seem erratic. I don't understand the shift. Starts talking about following the crowd opinion, seems emotional at bozo's accusation that teacher/ezio are both scum, very firm in his belief that Ike was town and promises to join most any counterwagon to Ike. His last post before EoD was also strange. Says:
teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 pm
WHy am I not surprised. Trprado plund Ghug reeder. Just saying. Booz was the town counterwagon that failed.
At this point, reedeer had just voted to put Ike ahead with 4 mins til EoD before Ike softed then hardclaimed PR. I don't really understand what he was getting at with this statement. TrP and xorxes both already pointed to this quote as well. I think it deserves some more attention.

DemonRHK -
RHK shades bozo:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:08 pm
I’m inclined to agree on bozo at the moment, if Ike does end up being the lynch his coming in here is sus to me.

@ghug: Given your opinion of let live to xorx, what do you think of Chaqa?

@Ezio: Same question as above
then pushes him to be a counterwagon to Ike:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Thanks ghug, I was drawing the meta parallel (high exp players), but the activity difference is marked. I wanted your current opinion on both parties.

I don’t like the Ike wagon, and REALLY don’t like the bozo vote. If I move I’d like to see bozo come up as a counter. Maybe Balki, I still feel he’s talking with no real purpose.
then votes him:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Not bozo as a wagon, bozo’s vote. It’s very off. The reason is to put the lead wagon further ahead, and it’s around a time I’d expect scum to start trying to solidify a mislynch.

##Vote bozo
this was the 3rd vote on the wagon and led to snowy, darg, and xorxes all joining the wagon within 15 minutes. Interestingly, RHK unvotes right before xorxes joins the bozo wagon.

Reading through, Jamie's EoD seems natural to me. I'd probably move him into my townleans. xorxes is still a question mark to me. He seemed pretty uninvolved with EoD. Voted for bozo but only after expressing apathy for all three wagons and didn't really push for a counter to the three. ghug seemed like natural ghug to me. If he was scum, I think Ike would have been further ahead before his PR claim though. He was pushing the lynch pretty hard.

I've gotta run now though. If I don't survive, follow up with teacher, RHK, and xorxes.

teacher2

#640 Post by teacher2 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

@Thamrick-if you havent seen, Ive explained both that weird mobile quote and the Bozo vote during the night.