MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: MAFIA : ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#281 Post by yavuzovic » Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 am

@anyone, is is too hard to read my name? Everybody is pronouncing it wrong.

Since yesterday ghug contributed to game good, at least he tried, but I will keep my vote on him because he didn't defend himself - even when he was set to be lynched.
I would defend myself. Maybe he is scum and he is trying not to attract much attention. If he defends himself, people start to talk about him - this isn't a good thing for a scum.

I keep my vote for now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#282 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 am

Maybe he's not concerned about a couple of joke votes a few hours into day one.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#283 Post by peterlund » Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 am

So teacher2 comes in dropping lots of to me new and unknown abbreviations in an apparent attempt to impress everyone here with mafia lingo. Please explain the following terms to me:
VCA
NAI
RVS

Jamiet99uk

#284 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 am

Vote Count Analysis

Non Alignment Indicative

Random Voting Stage

Jamiet99uk

#285 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 am

@Peterlund:

You have contributed nothing so far.

Who are your top three scumreads?
Who are your top three townreads?

Jamiet99uk

#286 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 6:49 am

peterlund wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 am
So teacher2 comes in dropping lots of to me new and unknown abbreviations in an apparent attempt to impress everyone here with mafia lingo. Please explain the following terms to me:
VCA
NAI
RVS
A guy who devoted hours of his time to developing a piece of software to automate a significant part of the game thinks that using shortened forms of common Mafia phrases is somehow scummy, and lacks the wit to look them up for himself on the various Mafia wikis that exist, and then logs off when I ask him a question...

Nope.

##Vote Peterlund

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#287 Post by peterlund » Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 am
Vote Count Analysis
Non Alignment Indicative
Random Voting Stage
Thanks jamie! Now I am able to go back to teacher2's post and continue reading from there.

And I find it premature to this early in the game make lists. Currently I am focusing on reading. I might have some better hunches to present at EoD 1 or EoN 1.

Jamiet99uk

#288 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 am

peterlund wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 am
Vote Count Analysis
Non Alignment Indicative
Random Voting Stage
Thanks jamie! Now I am able to go back to teacher2's post and continue reading from there.

And I find it premature to this early in the game make lists. Currently I am focusing on reading. I might have some better hunches to present at EoD 1 or EoN 1.
If everyone followed your approach, you would have nothing to read.

teacher2

#289 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:05 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 am
Teacher's gonna be annoying to read.
Nice double-entendre, possibly.

Do you mean literally read (what I say)? Apologies, I tried to spoil to limit the wall. I wont do that again given that this forum apparently lacks spoilers and I hate walls myself and view my own list as bordering on IIOA (information instead of analysis).

Do you mean annoying to slot? Thanks, I suppose. FYI, my personal meta is to almost always obv!town regardless of alignment, with one exception I wont get into here. In others, I view Obv!town as a scumtell but dont lynch because it forces a slot to keep providing info, and you can lynch it the second it gets less credible. I still do it as town, though, because it advances info and potentially provides an NK shield (obv!town non-scum becomes target for both scum and protective PR, perhaps).

Finally @PeterLund-Im not looking to impress anyone. Just playing my game the way I play it. I thought these abbreviations were common. Jamie correctly defined them. Dont particularly like your AtE (appeal to emotion) response to my scumlean though. Really hope after you read the board, you will come back with some analysis/questions/voting that advances the game.

Jamiet99uk

#290 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 am

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:05 am
ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 am
Teacher's gonna be annoying to read.
Do you mean literally read (what I say)? Apologies, I tried to spoil to limit the wall. I wont do that again given that this forum apparently lacks spoilers and I hate walls myself and view my own list as bordering on IIOA (information instead of analysis).
Don't worry too much about Ghug's bite. He's just cranky like that.

Analysis is great but also don't apologise for providing or identifying information. You might highlight or notice something that others had missed. That can be useful. Information is what Town needs.

Jamiet99uk

#291 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 am

Jamiet99uk's current reads:

Scum-leans:
Peterlund, Ezio, Xorxes, Yavuzovic

Town-leans:
Teacher2, Dargorygel, DrCJ, Balki, maybe Ghug.

(Yes, reads evolve, wow)

teacher2

#292 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:22 am

Two common discussion points I want to weigh in on, and get a response to:

Xorxes's List: I view this kind of list as obv!towning, and thus slightly scummy. I see that especially here, were it came after several suspicions and a few votes being thrown his way. Seems to be the sort of fear of being a target that scum has, and VTs lack. (TownPR can have same fear, fwiw,, but I dont see TownPR being as either active or buddy-buddy as Xorxes otherwise was.)

GHug's reaction: Again, this stems from my overall view of fear. VTs dont really fear a mislynch on their slot, because a mislynch WILL happen in any game. I like the decision to ignore the wagon and keep advancing the game, and dont see Yavu's reason to question it (sorry for the misspellings earlier).

Now, quite obviously, I have not played here and only read one other game. I'd like the board to tell me if my approach to fear in game is contrary to how most previous games have been played.

teacher2

#293 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 am

@Jamie, since youre online and webdip maf experienced, can you both answer the (1) yavu meta question from my wall, and (2) the fear meta question above?

Jamiet99uk

#294 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am

@Teacher: To start with question 2 (because I'm on my phone and it takes time to load previous pages) I would say that in my experience Xorxes is cool headed and not prone to simple slip-ups. As Mafia in particular, he is usually pretty good. Therefore I don't think Xorxes is likely to be driven by fear, in general.

Jamiet99uk

#295 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 am

@Teacher2: To answer (1) about Yavuzovic's meta... I believe this is his 3rd or 4th game. I believe I played in one of those games, and GMed another. As I recall in his first game he was extremely random, struggled with some of the game concepts to begin with, and had a few problems being understood by people as English is not his first language. He was quite funny at times though. I think in his second game he showed he was learning the basics quite quickly, but that was his first scum game, and he let himself be pressured into a scumslip. I am not sure I have yet seen enough of him to pin down his meta, indeed he is still establishing it.

teacher2

#296 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks. FWIW, the yavu meta question centers on Xorxes's wall -- does he play similarly as scum and town? Xorxes said yes, RdRivera said no, and TrPrado's question implied a yes but weakly.

teacher2

#297 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 am

Thank you.

Jamiet99uk

#298 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 am

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 am
Thanks. FWIW, the yavu meta question centers on Xorxes's wall -- does he play similarly as scum and town? Xorxes said yes, RdRivera said no, and TrPrado's question implied a yes but weakly.
I've seen him in two games, one of which was his debut. I think that's insufficient information for me to form a strong conclusion about how he would "normally" play as one alignment or other. I'm slightly suspicious that other people seem to think they know better.

yavuzovic

#299 Post by yavuzovic » Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 am
@Teacher2: To answer (1) about Yavuzovic's meta... I believe this is his 3rd or 4th game. I believe I played in one of those games, and GMed another. As I recall in his first game he was extremely random, struggled with some of the game concepts to begin with, and had a few problems being understood by people as English is not his first language. He was quite funny at times though. I think in his second game he showed he was learning the basics quite quickly, but that was his first scum game, and he let himself be pressured into a scumslip. I am not sure I have yet seen enough of him to pin down his meta, indeed he is still establishing it.
This is my 5th game;

I was town and we lost at my first game. As Jamiet said I had some problems with English (actually slang - nobody has blamed me for being scum before). This game was important for some reason. Once I was intended to lynch by the town and I gave up and voted myself and went to bed. In the morning I saw I wasn't lynched. The majority had changed their votes. Also I hadn't voted any town this game, I mean all the people who were lynched with my vote were scums.

In my second game I was town again, I had some scummy impressions from ND and I tried to make people voting him. But they didn't vote him and I fakeclaimed that I am cop! Then all tge votes turned on ND and he rolled TOWN! Next day they lynched me and I rolled TOWN too. I don't remember the conclusion but I think nevertheless we won ghe game.

In my third game I was cop and I caught a scum at N1. I told them this next day and I was nightkilled at N2. This game is also important because I scanned bb on my impressions and I found him mafia.

My first mafia game was my fourth game, and there's not much thing to say. I was D1 lynch - such a successful town! This is my only mafia game. And I could never nightkill anybody 😆.

I also played a game with bb in another site, so these guys don't know that game. I was town and we couldn't catch any scum and lost - all the scums were alive at the end of the game.

Wait this is my sixth game, you were wrong Jamiet.

yavuzovic

#300 Post by yavuzovic » Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 am

This night I will not be able to write much - as I said at the starting of the game. I'll be here for a couple hours and I will try to write you before sleep but I don't think I can be around at EoD. Lynch the true person.
I told you why I am voting to ghug. I will keep my vote.

And are we allowed to quote from old games?