Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#1561 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:50 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:32 am
Do I instinctively scumread people voting me? No: see Gold, Fox.
That's not what I asked. Gold and Fox are not voting you. Do you scumread people that are voting you?
BunnyGo wrote:
I didn't call the scum dumb. They're doing great. I called webdip mafia dumb. Mostly our town play. It's pretty awful.
Careful, apparently part of my scum meta is talking about how dumb people play this game on webDip. Yeah, town is generally moronic. It's a hurdle.
BunnyGo wrote:
Let's look at what rdr did day 1 and 2 and nights:

Look, he *was* here at end of day (check the ISO) had 3 posts between 2.5 hours to go and 1.5 hours. Including at 1.5 asking for an official vote count. Then didn't care to be around BECAUSE IT WAS ALL TOWN WAGONS!! RDR works, sure, but he's in eastern time zone. He can make a 6 PM EOD if he has to. He's done it plenty in other games. He was there 90 minutes before and 60 after.

Now, rdr thinks that bozo somehow hinted PR (posted night 2). Has ANYBODY ALIVE managed to find it?! Nobody has copped to it. So basically, no. He just is a good player. But rdr disparaged that analysis and instead just tried to change the topic. NOT LIKE TOWN!RDR.

His posts have all just been "showing up".

He was one of the BIG pushers on damo for "important role". But do you think the scum chat didn't alert each other about it? I think they ALL knew damo was a mason right away. So everyone voting damo and leaving it there ALL DAY is suspect.
Great, there's an explanation. I don't even care to read it. But why did it take prying in order to get you to explain your second highest scumread?
BunnyGo wrote:
Quite frankly, I have mostly given up on people's abilities to hunt at this point. My ability to convince them of anything is feeling pretty low. So the best I can do is ASK PEOPLE TO COMMUNICATE THEIR THOUGHTS by presenting mine. Do you know how many people this game have presented their full reads on all living players?
Hopefully very few, because it's useless, hedgy, and a waste of space to do so.

Convincing players of anything is dependent on other players. If they're not receptive to you, it's either because they're bad or you're bad. Look in the mirror and figure out if it's you.
BunnyGo wrote:
It's DAY 3!! So f**K it I'm a gonna go full BOZO on you MOFOs

Please list your top 4 scum reads. I'll compile a list. We'll FINALLY get some data.
Bozo is a bad player with very few redeeming qualities and his obsession with making lists of everything annoys me to the point where I just ignore his posts. Fuck off with that crap. Do your own analysis instead of posting lists of names to take up characters and make yourself appear useful while only going into any useful detail about two of them.

You're my top scumread. If you're scum, HB is scum with you. If you're not, he's probably bad town. Nanook, rdrivera, gold, Jamie, and therul have all done things I didn't particularly like. The former of those is currently the subject of my intrigue to try and figure out more. Tom is probably town.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1562 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:51 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:35 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Lmao it looks to me like that list is a slightly misshapen alphabetical list of the players in this game, with some people moved around and others just left where they were. I know that Bismarck and therul are missing. Anyone else you just happened to forget, Bunny?
If that's actually alphabetical, then I'm much drunker than I think I am.
Ghug gold Hamilton Jamie is pretty close to alphabetic. Between that and missing players entirely, you obviously didn't put much thought into that list. So why post it?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1563 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 am

Nanook wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:22 am
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:19 am

Yeh I forget sometimes my humor doesn’t translate. When I say stuff like “I’m a professional mafia player” or “git gud” or whatever it’s meant tongue in cheek

(Although technically I think I am a professional!)

Honestly I don’t reallllly have enough time to adapt much, I’m pretty much just trying to keep abreast until we get a scum flip then I can do some vote count stuff, which isn’t particularly good without meta attached but is at least better than throwing darts.

Like right now I can say I think Hellenic Riot is kinda scum, but like...would I bet the game on it?? Probably not, but I like...don’t have a better read so 🤷‍♀️
I call this floating. You're doing nothing useful. You're aware that you're doing nothing useful, because you just told me that you're doing nothing useful, but you don't care to change it because...?

Figuring out your motivation for being so goddamn awful is the challenge you offer us while you refuse to stick your neck out or put any effort at all into this game.
Yep. Sorry. I don’t have the drive or time or energy to dive in and do a bunch of research, so 🤷‍♀️

Idk what you expect me to say here tbh, yeah I’m coasting I have nothing useful to offer yet 🤷‍♀️

I’m putting more than zero effort into this, don’t think it’s fair to say I’m not. If you want to have a conversation I’m here, I’ll do what I can, but I’m not gonna like...suddenly have amazing reads.
Your game so far has either consisted of telling everyone how you're a mafia veteran and that they're terrible for doing XYZ or making excuses for yourself. If you need someone else to do all the hard work, just tell the GM so they can sub someone else in.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1564 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:55 am

Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:37 am
And like...my low effort is still 5th most posts in the game so meh
It's really fucking sad that you think that matters.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1565 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 am

BunnyGo wrote:
@Nanook

Can you explain to me in your own words why people are voting for you?
What are you expecting to gleam from his answer to this question?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1566 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:41 am
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 am
I basically said the same thing three times tbh
Cool. Can you start off my survey? Top 4 scum reads in any order, no explanation necessary. Go:
Why is his barely serviceable answer to your bad question "cool" and why don't you think an explanation for people's reads is necessary? Jesus christ.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1567 Post by ghug » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am
That's a dramatic departure from the narcissist and egomaniac I had you pegged for on D1.

Given that your "usual approach" is not going to be as effective since you don't know any of us, what have you done to adapt your approach?
He's like you-quality at diplomacy, FWIW. More mouth than anything else.

I'd second that question though, Nanook. You say you've played on a bunch of different sites. Have you managed to learn a way to be useful in your first games in other places? Wanna link one in case a tryhard (not me) cares to go read?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1568 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 am

I wouldn't say Nanook is putting no effort in. There's effort there. Just most of the posts are... inconsequential and don't serve to drive conversation. To me, that's a bigger problem than not posting his reads at night.

Bunny, I'll humor you.

Scum reads in order
emc
Bunny (only in 2nd because an emc flip provides more information in case I'm wrong)
Nanook
Theflyingboat (hard lurker who has contributed nothing so far, and has largely escaped scrutiny while others were called out. Only made a meaningful post last night when I called them out specifically. I'll give Temasek a little more time given they're a sub before I start viewing them similarly)

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1569 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am
That's a dramatic departure from the narcissist and egomaniac I had you pegged for on D1.

Given that your "usual approach" is not going to be as effective since you don't know any of us, what have you done to adapt your approach?
He's like you-quality at diplomacy, FWIW. More mouth than anything else.

I'd second that question though, Nanook. You say you've played on a bunch of different sites. Have you managed to learn a way to be useful in your first games in other places? Wanna link one in case a tryhard (not me) cares to go read?
No doubt I'm terrible at Diplomacy, that's why I resort to running the site instead of playing games. Thanks for the reminder that my peak press GR is like 50th or something.

BunnyGo

#1570 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:51 am
BunnyGo wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Lmao it looks to me like that list is a slightly misshapen alphabetical list of the players in this game, with some people moved around and others just left where they were. I know that Bismarck and therul are missing. Anyone else you just happened to forget, Bunny?
Ghug gold Hamilton Jamie is pretty close to alphabetic. Between that and missing players entirely, you obviously didn't put much thought into that list. So why post it?
Here's what I did to make this list:

I went back to day 1 on the bot. Looked at everyone's voting patterns. Clicked through their explanations of all their votes. Movements, and the time periods preceding their votes.

Then I proceeded on the assumption that EMC is town, and again that he's scum (there are different conclusions in those cases). I made short notes of each while doing this.

Then distilled to what you saw.

I see nobody else doing ANY analysis.

I see lots of people doing lots of tunneling and virtue signaling. Very few are listening for motivations. Nobody is trying to coalesce. Few are thinking.

Let's look at Demon for example. What do you think happened D2. I'd like as complete and clear an explanation as you can provide. I have a strong theory. But I'd like yours. Show me you can actually reason and listen to motivations.

BunnyGo

#1571 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 am
BunnyGo wrote:
@Nanook

He'll say something I can hear. I'm checking if he can explain what other people are thinking. He claims to be good at this, then maybe he can actually explain what someone is thinking in their own words. Not just his own snark.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1572 Post by ghug » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

bo really needs to get laid

BunnyGo

#1573 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:41 am
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 am
I basically said the same thing three times tbh
Cool. Can you start off my survey? Top 4 scum reads in any order, no explanation necessary. Go:
Why is his barely serviceable answer to your bad question "cool" and why don't you think an explanation for people's reads is necessary? Jesus christ.
Here's a hint. When I say "cool" (go back and look at other times I've used it this and other games) I mean "I see no point in arguing with you, I have what I want, let's move on."

This isn't a court of law where I need to argue and push them. This is an investigation where I need to listen to them. Yelling and arguing and demanding doesn't get me that.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1574 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am
Are you offering

BunnyGo

#1575 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

ghug wrote:
OH!

Sh*t.

That does change things.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1576 Post by ghug » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:05 am

Why do people townread Fox? I have like zero memory of him doing anything worthwhile at all in this game.

I'm thinking I townread HR and Tom because damo didn't die. Both of them are playing otherwise lamely though.

Bunny, you should ask people for townreads instead of scumreads. Waay more interesting.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1577 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:51 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Here's what I did to make this list:

I went back to day 1 on the bot. Looked at everyone's voting patterns. Clicked through their explanations of all their votes. Movements, and the time periods preceding their votes.

Then I proceeded on the assumption that EMC is town, and again that he's scum (there are different conclusions in those cases). I made short notes of each while doing this.

Then distilled to what you saw.

I see nobody else doing ANY analysis.

I see lots of people doing lots of tunneling and virtue signaling. Very few are listening for motivations. Nobody is trying to coalesce. Few are thinking.

Let's look at Demon for example. What do you think happened D2. I'd like as complete and clear an explanation as you can provide. I have a strong theory. But I'd like yours. Show me you can actually reason and listen to motivations.
You make this game sound like detective work. Did you use technology that doesn't exist to enhance a pixelated image of a license plate from some random alleyway camera to catch the bad guy?

I guess this is a taste of my own medicine. Do I sound this dumb when I complain about things?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1578 Post by ghug » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Are you offering
I'd rather sleep with Valis.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1579 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:08 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 am
BunnyGo wrote:
@Nanook

He'll say something I can hear. I'm checking if he can explain what other people are thinking. He claims to be good at this, then maybe he can actually explain what someone is thinking in their own words. Not just his own snark.
He might as well claim to be the Dalai Lama at this point. It wouldn't be any more untrue than anything else he told us.

You know that you're verbally bashing everyone in this game for empty gameplay yet you're employing vague and imprecise rhetoric in literally everything you post, right? Can you go stop speaking in bad poetry and actually answer my question?

BunnyGo

#1580 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:08 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:05 am
Why do people townread Fox? I have like zero memory of him doing anything worthwhile at all in this game.

I'm thinking I townread HR and Tom because damo didn't die. Both of them are playing otherwise lamely though.

Bunny, you should ask people for townreads instead of scumreads. Waay more interesting.
I liked his pushes on me. They felt sincere.

How do HR and Tom talk about damo?

Hmm...why do you say that ghug?