Forum Public Press Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#241 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Also, you don't seem to have ever included yourself in the list of potential players, even though it is assumed for a fact that you do participate.
Sorry, I didn't see the postscript. Also, everyone knows for a fact that most player predictions are wrong, since how much fun is in impersonating yourself? I would take this chance and pretend to be England if two other people weren't doing that from the very start.

BobMcBob

#242 Post by BobMcBob » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:01 pm

All is going according to plan. If only I had not listened to you and had "bounced" France in Belgium instead. I'm not doing too badly though, but it's clear France doesn't want to work with me. Perhaps I should just ignored everyone and let others do my press for me, it seems to be working :)

TheFlyingBoat

#243 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Claesar wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:57 am

Austria - MOSW? - A

You grabbed both of your centres and dodged two bullets. You correctly stayed away from Galicia and did not get punished for it. I would recommend building two armies rather than waiving..

Don't be a mute though! You can work together well with Turkey here, but shouldn't fight both Russia and Italy simultaneously. Find an ally that's mutually beneficial.

I don't think anybody is impersonating Turkey yet, so I just don't know whom to negotiate with.

Also, you don't seem to have ever included yourself in the list of potential players, even though it is assumed for a fact that you do participate.

-with due respect, k.u.k. Minister of Silly Walks.
Dearest Austria,

It is certain that I am who I say I am and I'm still very open to the Lepanto and my builds will show that to be true. An A/T can not last for long as your interests are diametrically opposed, your gain is his demise, etc. A/I can last for a long time as we have common interests and a way of effecting them without needing to stab for a while. I think I explained my move to Trieste above fairly well. Please let me know what you think. I hope you would be willing to continue the Lepanto.

Best,
King of Italy

Minister of Silly Walks

#244 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:49 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Dearest Austria,

It is certain that I am who I say I am and I'm still very open to the Lepanto and my builds will show that to be true. An A/T can not last for long as your interests are diametrically opposed, your gain is his demise, etc. A/I can last for a long time as we have common interests and a way of effecting them without needing to stab for a while. I think I explained my move to Trieste above fairly well. Please let me know what you think. I hope you would be willing to continue the Lepanto.

Best,
King of Italy
So all right, I'll wait until next turn to start my negotiations with Turkey. If you do commit to an attack on me, I will go for A/T as my only opportunity to survive for long enough even with all the risks involved. I have apparently missed your explanation the first time, but I know A/I is much better for me if possible.

ItsHosuke

#245 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 am

Claesar wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:57 am
Since this is apparently a low-level game, I'll turn my post into a School of War. Scroll down for tl;dr.

tl;dr: Your moves sucked because you're not putting the necessary effort into this game. You think it's a Gunboat but it's Public Press. Use the resources available!
Ooh! School of War, nice!

ItsHosuke

#246 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:12 am

Also, Tem, you suck, lol

ItsHosuke

#247 Post by ItsHosuke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:15 am

I also think Claesar is Germany. Not much else makes sense.

I am, with gold, part of the comedy crowd. So take what I said with a grain of salt

Claesar

#248 Post by Claesar » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm disappointed by the negotiations here again. Not everyone, but many need it step it up. I also see that in the original thread I forgot to mention this tidbit I had prepared:

Russia If your new plan is to build an army in Warsaw and use it to support Galicia to hold, you will score another F.

Temasek22

#249 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 am

Claesar wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:16 pm
I'm disappointed by the negotiations here again. Not everyone, but many need it step it up. I also see that in the original thread I forgot to mention this tidbit I had prepared:

Russia If your new plan is to build an army in Warsaw and use it to support Galicia to hold, you will score another F.
I guess I don't get an F then :D

No one is even active here sadly

Minister of Silly Walks

#250 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:52 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 am

Winter doesn't seem to be a period of very intense negotiations. Hopefully thing will cheer up now.

To Italy: let's follow through with the Lepanto. I see that you are indeed a friend.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#251 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:58 am

Temasek22 wrote:

The active ones were the crowd who were looking for an exciting game to follow

ItsHosuke

#252 Post by ItsHosuke » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:30 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:58 am
Temasek22 wrote:

The active ones were the crowd who were looking for an exciting game to follow
Bingo! Not much I could do. Every country either had a solid claimant or had weird moves.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#253 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:36 am

Okay I'm Germany. France I see from your build that you intend to fight England, so I'll just support myself into Hol and then build a fleet. Belgium is yours.

To Russia, sorry for bouncing you, I couldn't deal with an extra unit in the north right now. I will allow you into Sweden this turn.

Claesar

#254 Post by Claesar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:22 am

I know France has been quiet so far. Squigs isn't France and never was. I'm going to be doing some press for France soon.. Bit busy at the moment though. Stay tuned!

Claesar

#255 Post by Claesar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:30 am
Bingo! Not much I could do. Every country either had a solid claimant or had weird moves.
Could you please do press for Turkey? Moves haven't been weird, but it really needs more press. I'm very serious. I'll give you an extra point of grade and excuse one misorder.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#256 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:13 am

Claesar wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:22 am
I know France has been quiet so far. Squigs isn't France and never was. I'm going to be doing some press for France soon.. Bit busy at the moment though. Stay tuned!
How did you know I wasn't France?

Also, if you are France (or posing as France in press), I would be interested in that, since right now I have basically had to go back and forth between France and Germany to try to signal to France that I want to work together, and there hasn't been much reciprocation press wise. The French moves haven't been anti-German at least.

Claesar

#257 Post by Claesar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:34 am

So, I'm France. For the comedians out there: Yes, I know Wales and Belgium don't look alike in the order list. Yes, I scolded Temasek for his misorder when I was actually upset with myself. Have at it.

Squigs, in hindsight I should've replied sooner. I thought things were developing fine until I saw your build. I was hoping my suggestion of building in Berlin would give me enough time to recover, so I built a fleet hoping to work together with you. I acknowledge this is my fault.

Your plan is obviously to support into Burgundy. You thought I'd be an easy mark. I won't be. As a result, I won't be going to Belgium. It's yours now.
I'll move Spain back to Marseilles and hold in Burgundy. I'll use Brest to take Portugal and will be backing off England. You could still force Bur, but all you'd gain is an enemy. If you build a fleet in Kiel we can talk again, but right now I need to defend against your obvious and understandable stab.

England, I'll be backing off. Squigs has stabbed me and I realise my 'attack' on you was foolish. I'm not going to apologise for it as that's not my style. I'm vacating Wales to English Channel. After that I'm very open to vacate that as well. I hope you'll make moves that enable us to work together in the future, but I can understand if you want to see some truth first.

Claesar

#258 Post by Claesar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:36 am

Temasek22 wrote:
I guess I don't get an F then :D

Yes, I'sm very happy to see you've clearly come up with a plan. I don't know what that plan is yet, but that makes it even better. Good job!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#259 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 am

Claesar wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:34 am
So, I'm France. For the comedians out there: Yes, I know Wales and Belgium don't look alike in the order list. Yes, I scolded Temasek for his misorder when I was actually upset with myself. Have at it.

Squigs, in hindsight I should've replied sooner. I thought things were developing fine until I saw your build. I was hoping my suggestion of building in Berlin would give me enough time to recover, so I built a fleet hoping to work together with you. I acknowledge this is my fault.

Your plan is obviously to support into Burgundy. You thought I'd be an easy mark. I won't be. As a result, I won't be going to Belgium. It's yours now.
I'll move Spain back to Marseilles and hold in Burgundy. I'll use Brest to take Portugal and will be backing off England. You could still force Bur, but all you'd gain is an enemy. If you build a fleet in Kiel we can talk again, but right now I need to defend against your obvious and understandable stab.

England, I'll be backing off. Squigs has stabbed me and I realise my 'attack' on you was foolish. I'm not going to apologise for it as that's not my style. I'm vacating Wales to English Channel. After that I'm very open to vacate that as well. I hope you'll make moves that enable us to work together in the future, but I can understand if you want to see some truth first.
I find it difficult to believe you are France, but I suppose it is possible.
I also find it difficult to believe that you actually think I stabbed France by building A Munich, as it is tactically better than Berlin in every way offensive and defensive.
I also find it hard to believe that France would back off of England after building a Fleet in Brest.

But hey, whatever you need to say to throw England off works for me, so long as France is sensible at the end of the day.

Claesar

#260 Post by Claesar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:32 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 am
I find it difficult to believe you are France, but I suppose it is possible.
I also find it difficult to believe that you actually think I stabbed France by building A Munich, as it is tactically better than Berlin in every way offensive and defensive.
I also find it hard to believe that France would back off of England after building a Fleet in Brest.

But hey, whatever you need to say to throw England off works for me, so long as France is sensible at the end of the day.
I gave you a chance to be honest, but this is just utter garbage. Munich is not the best tactically. How does A Mun attack England? You made the most aggressive build towards me possible. If I follow your ridiculous advice and move to Belgium, I'll be unable to defend Mar/Par when you move into Bur behind me.

My offer was fair, but I'm reconsidering now.