5 Minute World 21 game

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
Deinodon
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

5 Minute World 21 game

#1 Post by Deinodon » Thu May 07, 2020 4:28 am

Hey guys, I just have a question about this 5 minute game that is starting up soon. When you play those, do you actually talk to each other? Is 5 minutes enough to get any deals going with other players? Do some players end up talking through other means? Educate me. I'm looking to play a few of these fast live games before Dixiecon.

Claesar

Re: 5 Minute World 21 game

#2 Post by Claesar » Thu May 07, 2020 5:54 am

In Classic, we do talk. I presume that's what you mean since you mention DixieCon.

5min/phase is very fast and will be too much when you still have to get used to it. I would recommend starting with 10min/phase for Full Press and 5 or 7min/phase for Gunboat. The latter is also useful practice, as you want to make sure just entering orders doesn't take you more than 2 minutes per phase.

Now that I'm experienced with online live games and FTF, I find 7min/phase online roughly equal to 15min/phase FTF. That's because you can talk to multiple people simultaneously when you type.

For me, playing live games on webDip was great experience to prep me for FTF. It translates well enough.

Claesar

Re: 5 Minute World 21 game

#3 Post by Claesar » Thu May 07, 2020 6:31 am

Normally, people don't end up using other means of communication during a live game on webDip.