Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#1 Post by brainbomb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:45 pm

MINI MAFIA II: SHAKESPEARE MASH, A Feast of Kings.

Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair webdiplomacy.net, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. Welcome to Forum Mafia. You know the rules but here they are again.

GENERAL RULES - Do not be a fool

0. The GM reserves the right to punish all tools.
1. All players must vote at least once per game day, and post at least five posts day phase, if this is too much for your weary soul, ye shoulnt’ play.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots of their role PMs. Don't be an ass, It offends oft the GM.
3. All players are forbidden from using encryption. No codes ye chodes. (Who even ever did this?)
4. All players are forbade to use non-sanctioned PMing, or copied mechanics. (Fuck yoyo, his mistake was titanic)
5. All spectators and players who have been eliminated are forbidden from posting on all comment threads related to the game notes.(fuck jamie, tis why this rule is wrote)
6. All players are forbidden from cheating. Don't be self defeating.
7. All players are required to play to win.
But winning is subjective, killing yourself is not a sin.
8. Players and/or teams may not concede the game in public. But you may joke about such things but don't be a dick.
9. Players cannot delete the game, the GM cannot delete the server. (Fuck brain, how'd he ever end up being your moderator)

ELABORATION

0. Given a lack of omniscience, the GM is eternally suspicious.

1. You MUST cast a vote at least once during each day phase. don't make me modkill ye or eat your face.

2. All role PMs are private. You can make up fake ones if you want, if it doesnt say you cant, you can, i'll never confirm them either way. Hahahaha.

3. Encryption is defined as posting an encoded message on public channels. I don't really care about this rule. Just don't be a fool.

4. All in-game communications should be kept within the thread. YOU MAY NOT COPY PASTE ANY NON THREAD CHATS IN THE THREAD. USE YOUR HEAD.

5. The Jamie Rule. Don't dead post. But if you do, make it funny and not game breaking. I'll still haunt you down and make you eat bacon.

6. This is a catch-all rule intended to preserve the spirit of the game. If you are considering saying or doing something that may be against the spirit of the game, message the GM about it before saying/doing it and the GM will let you know whether it is allowed or not. DO NOT USE OUT OF GAME REASONS TO READ PEOPLE. But you'll do it anyway.

To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics. Players may not doctor, and create fake game related mechanics. Players may not share personal correspondence between GM to player under any circumstances. The GM will not confirm any claims, or adjudicate based upon anything that could easily be sorted out through questioning and evidentiary circumstance.

7. Don't try to lose. Lynching yourself can be part of the game. Claiming to be scum can be part of the game. Just don't be an idiot.

8. If someone wishes to concede defeat, they must PM the GM, or post in their relevant QT thread for the GM to check it over. Public concessions are not permitted.

PENALTIES
You'll be banished to the pit of misery.

ROLE ACTIONS
If you are a Power Role or otherwise have any actions to take, please PM your action the GM on discord only, the webdip pm system is terrible. Night and Day actions will be processed at the end of the night or instantly and can be changed up to that point. Shots can be scheduled too. Mafia's night kill will be voted on in the mafia QuickTopic thread in discord.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

SPAM
Is fun. And tasty meat. Try it. It's a treat.

PLAYER SILENCES:
Don't mute players. Don't threaten to mute players.

FORUM SILENCES:
If you get forum silenced during the game you will be modkilled.

REPLACEMENTS
A player wishing to drop out may be replaced at the GM's discretion.

TURN DURATION
This game’s Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, unless cut short by in-game mechanics (e.g., hammer). Extensions may be granted at the GM’s discretion, but don’t count on it. Phase shifts will be at 10pm CENTRAL.

VOTING

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Mafia voting to kill town members in Night phases.

“Lynch” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE dinglehopper) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted, for reasons of fairness but also because it is unlikely the GM will see your vote using the CTRL+F feature and this rule thus prevents vote miscounts.

Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players must have their vote on a candidate. You may ##VOTE and then ##UNVOTE if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an ##UNVOTE in place. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Lynch” is permitted.

Hammer Vote: The second level of voting is whether or not to employ the hammer mechanic. By default, days are set to 48 hours long, and nights to 24 hours long; however, players may instead elect to activate the hammer mechanic. Notate this vote with a pair of hashes before the word end. (EX: ##END). The day will end as soon as a majority of players are voting to endhammer the same player. If you are not able to vote before the hammer is dropped, you will not be penalized for failing to vote during that day. Night phases may not normally be hammered - any exception to this will be announced by the GM.

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate QuickTopic thread to discuss this. Please make your votes in bold, like so: kill Balthasar (< b > kill Balthasar< / b >). Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill.

GM TEAM

This game’s GM is brainbomb and PM me on discord @ brainboogaloo#0978 with any questions or concerns and i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Special rules: I will not answer any GM call about the setup publicly.

**********The setup is closed. *********
****(PM me with any questions).****

<><><><><><><><><><>
There are no millers, the mafia can chat at all times, there is no roleblock, there is a factional kill each night, the mafia have a list of fake claimable flavour names. You may claim roles, flavours, and specifics of your role if you wish; so long as your pm is not restricted, you can make things up too. Some roles may not want to claim, some roles may die if they claim. It is counter to both sides wincons to be forced to claim. If the mafia is defeated the game is not necessarily over. If someone dies their flavour is revealed, their alignment is revealed, their role is not.
<><><><><><><><><><>
That is all I can say.
Do not ask anything in game about the above.
<><><><><><><><><><><>

ACT 1 SCENE 1
(In Los Angeles California, at a film production studio, seated around a table are multiple writers and film directors)

Big Wig Executive: Guys, movies are fucking crap these days. We need something fresh, sexy, exciting. We wanna grab audiences harder. Were getting destroyed by these shitty reboots, and never ending marvel films. I've asked you here, to help save the entertainment industry. Give me your best ideas…

(Awkward pause)

Quentin Tarantino: Yeaaa man, we need like some bombs and guns, lets do a thought piece about like, oh my god, like lets do a bloodbath film about live action smurfs in an existentialist mindfuck man. And Chipotle, spicy explosive burritos that kill Nazis.

Guillermo Del Toro: (Interrupting)
Yea.. thats shit. Let’s do a movie about the mafia, and each night they kill people, but all of them are having sexual relations with fish creatures…

Big wig executive: Jesus christ no. No. NO. This is horrid. The mafia thing is ok, so lets do a mobster film... but the rest is just… horrid.. ok.. fine you, stop…
Yes you..
Stop raising your hand.
what's your idea..

Steven Spielberg: Okay.. its 1944, the Allies have just landed. They gather a small team that has to go find one guy but the mafia is trying to take over the-

George RR Martin: Oh stop. This has all already been done. We need something new…I have an idea… that is 600 years in the making. It's not even gonna be ready till 2200, but.. we can do a mini series? First… I am starving.

(Pulls out a giant steel bowl full of mashed potatoes)
I brought you all some of my famous Mashed Potatoes and Ham. I call it my Hamlet Mash. Its a recipe I wrote for this film. It calls for 8 pounds of mash, oregano, butter, scallops, ham, macaroni, and whipping cream.

Big Wig Executive: Okay.. please tell me there's a point to this. I've got a 4 O'clock with Ridley Scott and personally i'd rather do another Aliens than the rest of the shit you're all suggesting.

George RR Martin: It's a reboot of Shakespeare, that combines all shakespeare stories into one big alchemical thrill ride.

Quentin Tarantino: Woahhh man, but like, oh my god man, like.. can I help? And like what? I want guns and stuff. And Nazi Slavers, and tons of AK47s.

George RR Martin: I have been working on this project for 27 years.

Big Wig Executive: WOW, how far along are you? This is interesting.

George RR Martin: I have the name of the film. And Nickelback has agreed to do the soundtrack.

Steven Spielberg: And?...

(15 minutes go by of George rifling through Arby's bags and a briefcase)

(He stops to eat a curly fry and wipe his greasy fingers off on his shirt)

George RR Martin: SHAKESPEARE MASH, A feast of Kings.

Chapter 1… (He clears his throat)

(Silence fills the room)
<><><><><><><><><>
Post yet not ye good sirs and madams, game hath not begun

GAME BEGINS TUESDAY NIGHT APR 2, AT 10PM. ROLES WILL GO OUT THEN.

Enjoy this music whilst ye wait.
https://youtu.be/_JQiEs32SqQ
<><><><><><><><><><>

brainbomb

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#2 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:00 am

<><><><><><><><><><>

George RR Martin: (Clears his throat)
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; The which if you with patient ears attend, What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend...

(George begins humming Dreamy Nickleback music)

On a street two warriors argue about how to deal with an approaching mob

SAMPSON. My naked weapon is out: quarrel, I will back thee.

GREGORY
How! turn thy back and run?

SAMPSON
Fear me not.

GREGORY
No, marry; I fear thee!

SAMPSON
Let us take the law of our sides; let them begin.

GREGORY
I will frown as I pass by, and let them take it as they list.

SAMPSON
Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them; which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it.

(Enter ABRAHAM and BALTHASAR)

ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
[Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say aye?

GREGORY
No.

SAMPSON
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

GREGORY
Do you quarrel, sir?

ABRAHAM
Quarrel sir! no, sir.

SAMPSON
If you do, sir, I am for you: I serve as good a man as you.

ABRAHAM
No better.

SAMPSON
Well, sir.

GREGORY
Say 'better:' here comes one of my master's kinsmen.

SAMPSON
Yes, better, sir.

ABRAHAM
You lie.

SAMPSON
Draw, if you be men. Gregory, remember thy swashing blow.

(They fight)

Enter BENVOLIO

BENVOLIO
Part, fools! Put up your swords; you know not what you do.

(Beats down their swords)

Enter TYBALT

TYBALT
What, art thou drawn among these heartless hinds?
Turn thee, Benvolio, look upon thy death.

BENVOLIO
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me.

TYBALT
What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee: Have at thee, coward!
(They fight)

(Enter, several of both houses, who join the fray; then enter Citizens, with clubs)
(A giant battle breaks out in the village square)

<><><><><><><><>

(George puts his notes down)

George RR Martin: And they fight, and there's a bunch of deaths. We skip around to Scotland where Macduff's family is murdered and hes furious, then to a Ghost sighting in Denmark, then a Black guy shows up in Italy and hes all paranoid. We go to England and some guy with a bunch of daughters is depressed. Then there's some hot kinky sex on a table in France, and mid climax an old king dies. And everyone's trying to take the Iron Throne. But they all have valid claims because the king... was actually part Iguana.

Big Wig Executive: So… it's just Game of Thrones rebooted with Shakespeare and random weird stuff?

(George eats a big spoonful of his mashed potatoes)
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Day 1 hath begun - you may now post

thamrick

#3 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:00 am

Two factions, both alike in dignity,
In fair WebDipia, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge votes to calling scummy,
Where inno blood makes wagon votes unclean.
From forth the fatal votes of these two foes
A pair of meta-cross'd townies call th'other scum;
Whose misread piteous overthrows
Do with their fake-claims out their PR's crumb.
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their townclear's rage,
Which, but their scumread's end, nought could remove,
Is now the 48 hours' traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient eyes attend,
What here shall miss, D1 shall strive to mend.

thamrick

#4 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:00 am

##Vote rdrivera

I will feed fat the ancient grudge I bear him.

thamrick

#5 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am

1. bo_sox48
2. bozo
3. Dargorygel
4. Durga
5. Ezio
6. Foxcastle
7. Ghug
8. rdrivera
9. Reedeer1
10. thamrick
11. Vashta
12. Vecna
13. yavuzovic

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6 Post by dargorygel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 am

For lo, yon Moth doth ascertain to rise,
To levels nigh to act like as a God!
We hearken, thus, to stanzas writ by he,
And gather, masked, restrained, unknown.
Met we on hill, in dale, forest, or mead,
By paved fountain, or by rushy brook,
Or in the beached margent of the sea.
No claim we make, lest blessings start to fall
Upon the brows of darkness, all unknown.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7 Post by dargorygel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:22 am

As e’en soon turns to night, with long til dawn,
Eleven sleep, or eat, or wander far.
The room is shhh, much like a stepping fawn…
For only Thamrick’s angst does rhyme, and riveria tar!

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8 Post by dargorygel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 am

I loathe to joke a vote, or vote a joke,
While Thammy votes so cheerily, with ire.
But soon some others’ words will choke,
And of the comic phase we’ll tire.

thamrick

#9 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 am

Thrice blest art we that read,
Soft prose darg-writ instead
o the harsh-thought lines
that day one oft opines.
Speak on in crypt, of in the theme
whilst scum and town alike do dream.

reedeer1

#10 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 am

Hark, over yoder do I hear, a game of wits hath appeare.
To each their verse they may take, and luck be amongst us all this day.

Durga

#11 Post by Durga » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Shut the fuck up

Durga

#12 Post by Durga » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:12 am

I ain't reading that shit. Hi I'm drunk

thamrick

#13 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 am

I wondered how long that would last

thamrick

#14 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:26 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:12 am
I ain't reading that shit. Hi I'm drunk
Durga rn

Ezio

#15 Post by Ezio » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 am

Hi drunk. I'm Ezio

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:10 am

My smooth kitten, you inspire me to write.
I hate the way you slither and frighten,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the main guyton.

Let me compare you to a solid lie?
You are more brainy, carious and fun.
Right drought dries the live picnics of July,
And summertime has the ferreous un.

How do I hate you? Let me count the ways.
I hate your scarious arms, lip and smile.
Thinking of your grainy lip fills my days.
My hate for you is the various lile.

Now I must away with a rainy heart,
Remember my one words whilst we're apart.

yavuzovic

#17 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:36 am

How can I post 5 times among these poets.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 am

My rotten corpse, you hold me fast and tight.
How I loathe the way you smell, drool, and hoot,
Stroking my whatever day and night,
Always thinking about the ideal crute.

Shall I lambast you with a silver spoon?
It is more surreal, stolid, and superb.
Hip sun heats the squalid peaches of June,
And the season has the pholad reverb.

How can I please you? I beg you allow me to say.
I devour your deformed thumb, toenails and legs.
Thinking of your sharp membranes fills my days.
My love for you is the passionate greggs.

But I must away with a heavy heart,
Remember my love for you whilst we're apart.

Vecna

#19 Post by Vecna » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 am

I bid thee, mindless barbarian peasants, a most heartily greeting.

You are all graced by the presence and grandeur of your most humble and just emperor.

If you all conduct theeselves with the proper decorum and obedience, acceptance into the most glorious of empires could be part of your future. If not, prepare for a flogging most harshly, where you will be driven through the streets in shame.

I will now accept all your bending of the knee.

His Imperial Majesty
Julius Ceasar

Vecna

#20 Post by Vecna » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 am

As my first Imperial decree, I have decided that the mothly villager known as Reedeer1 ought the be thrown into the ocean with all haste.

Ceasar Wills it.

##Vote Reedeer1