M1009 [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M1009 [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

What made you want to lynch me over Tom after deciding to vote for Tom over me one hour earlier?
I believe I addressed this, but it was the fact that you were simply another wagon. I wasn't really scumreading you all that much, and even last night's reads it was more due to association with xorxes than anything else.

bozotheclown

#1102 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:29 pm
Everybody is talking about Tom, Bozo, and Goldchaqa.

You know who we're not talking about, at all?

Rdrivera.

Is he some kind of semi-clear? Why is he so far below the radar?
I have not found rdrivera suspicious, but even if goldfinger and Tom are scum, I have no idea who the third is.

bozotheclown

#1103 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:40 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

What made you want to lynch me over Tom after deciding to vote for Tom over me one hour earlier?
I believe I addressed this, but it was the fact that you were simply another wagon. I wasn't really scumreading you all that much, and even last night's reads it was more due to association with xorxes than anything else.
What I find inconsistent is that you moved you vote off of Tom because there was no movement in Tom's votes, but there was no movement in my votes either.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1104 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

Rdrivera.

Talk about me then. I am not clear nor semi clear and there is no clears in this setup (even a clear scan isn't 100% with masks).

What I find odd is people advocating lynching to get info. The time for this was last day and we missed. We need to lynch scum today or we will probably be 4-3 tomorrow which is a certain scum win.

I can't figure out exactly what happened, but my best guess is that Xorxes saved Tom. I can't see no other lynch out of this two today.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1105 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:40 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

What I find inconsistent is that you moved you vote off of Tom because there was no movement in Tom's votes, but there was no movement in my votes either.
No, I believe I already answered that part. Its because there wasn't any vote movement or discussion going into 10 minutes before EOD. And its not like there weren't things to discuss, or there was one wagon way in the lead. It was tight. I see what you're doing with trying to tie me to Tom, but I was looking bigger picture than just his wagon.

bozotheclown

#1106 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:55 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:40 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:

No, I believe I already answered that part. Its because there wasn't any vote movement or discussion going into 10 minutes before EOD. And its not like there weren't things to discuss, or there was one wagon way in the lead. It was tight. I see what you're doing with trying to tie me to Tom, but I was looking bigger picture than just his wagon.
I still do not see it. Why did this make you conclude I was more likely to be scum than Tom, or Tom less likely to be scum than me if you want to put it that way. Was it just because Tom was the lead wagon that the inactivity made you suspect him less?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1107 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:55 pm

I still do not see it. Why did this make you conclude I was more likely to be scum than Tom, or Tom less likely to be scum than me if you want to put it that way. Was it just because Tom was the lead wagon that the inactivity made you suspect him less?
Yes. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

Inaction means one of two things. One - scum were happy to lynch Tom. Or Two - scum were happy to lynch anyone.

Your vote analysis from a little while ago kinda destroys option 1 though. Because maybe by pushing for something to happen I inadvertently gave scum the opportunity to save Tom. My initial read (and, I think others' as well) was that xorxes was protecting you, but I can see now where that doesn't jive.

So I can see a xorxes-Tom team. Or I can see a xorxes team without Tom, where he just wanted to take the opportunity to silence an active townie. In that case, jeez, I don't know where to look for other scum. There's got to be one amongst the emc/food/Flavbrain crowd at least.

xorxes

#1108 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:03 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Now you set up a tie.
@bozo, why did you not vote for Tom when you said this?
I would have if no one else moved their vote, but I wanted to see what would happen first.
That was extremely cold-blooded of you with only 4 minutes left and your neck on the line.

xorxes

#1109 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:22 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:20 pm
This was the votecount you were unhappy with:
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:39 pm
VOTE COUNT 2.4

Tom Bombadil (4) -- xorxes, rdrivera2005, e.m.c^42, goldfinger0303
bozotheclown (3) -- foodcoats, worcej, Jamiet99uk
worcej (3) -- Tom Bombadil, Kakarroto, bozotheclown

Tom Bombadil is set for the lynch, which will occur 22 minutes.

FlaviusAetius must vote and meet posting requirements.
The only ones that seemed damn happy with this, or at least happy enough, were myself, rivera and bozo. bozo was probably nervous more than happy.
This is being deliberately obtuse. If Tom is town, then it doesn't necessarily mean scum are on Tom's wagon, right? You could be scum and voting for worcej and be just as happy as a scum who is voting for Tom.
Why did you truncate my post like that? I went through everyone and evaluated how happy they seemed with that position, not just the people voting for Tom.

brainbomb

#1110 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:28 pm

does the maf killing into the worcej wagon imply scum is not in that group?

worcej (5)
Kakarroto bozotheclown xorxes Tom Bombadil foodcoats

bozotheclown (3)
worcej Jamiet99uk goldfinger0303

Tom Bombadil (2)
rdrivera2005 e.m.c^42

I would assume that scum arent all on worcej based on that kill
and id assume that worcej was motivated to be lynched by bozo if bozo was scum. Not sure that bozo would be unhelped in that though

maybe I dun laik de bozo lynch

##vote emc

xorxes

#1111 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:31 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Then xorxes changed his vote:
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm
##VOTE worcej

they want to lynch bozo
The conclusion that "they", meaning goldfinger and Tom, wanted to lynch me, is certainly something I can agree with, but I do not understand why xorxes changed his vote from Tom to worcej as a result. Since I was already voting for worcej, it took away the opportunity for me to tie the vote by changing my vote to Tom. In other words, <b>xorxes changing his vote made it more likely I would get lynched, rather than less</b>. It did give someone else a chance to save me by voting for worcej, which Tom did:
Well, I had expressed many times I felt the case against worcej was contrived, and you were the only other viable wagon. I wasn't going to do something stupid like foodcoats and try to vote for someone not on the main wagons. Starting a new one with five minutes left is crazy. It wasn't my intention to tie, it was just the only viable option.

But I think the part I bolded is very important because it escaped my in my initial reading of the votes. And upon looking back at the tracker, I think I agree with you. Xorxes didn't save you. He saved Tom, by robbing you of the opportunity to have a say in the vote. And then Tom saved you by moving, but that makes sense given his reads. With 4 minutes to go before phase end, could xorxes really be sure people would follow him to worcej?
No, I couldn't be sure, and I thought bozo was going to be lynched.

What you're saying about me saving Tom makes no sense if you think about it. If I waited for bozo to join me on Tom, it became 4-4 and Tom would never move from bozo to himself, obviously. So how was Tom going to be lynched if I just stayed there?

By making it 4-4 bozo-worcej, I pretty much forced Tom to move back to worcej, thus saving bozo. The only way I had to save bozo was to vote for worcej.

So you can accuse me of saving bozo, but not of trying to save Tom. Should work well for you either way if both of them are scum though.

xorxes

#1112 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Rdrivera.

I have not found rdrivera suspicious, but even if goldfinger and Tom are scum, I have no idea who the third is.
Do you have ideas about who the third is not? I find rivera, Jamie or emc being scum with Tom extremely unlikely, for example.

xorxes

#1113 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:41 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Rdrivera.

Talk about me then. I am not clear nor semi clear and there is no clears in this setup (even a clear scan isn't 100% with masks).

What I find odd is people advocating lynching to get info. The time for this was last day and we missed. We need to lynch scum today or we will probably be 4-3 tomorrow which is a certain scum win.
Who has advocated lynching for info? I think you must have misread something Tom wrote.
I can't figure out exactly what happened, but my best guess is that Xorxes saved Tom. I can't see no other lynch out of this two today.
Can you explain how I saved Tom?

If I stayed on Tom, bozo joins us, then it becomes 4-4.

food is forced to break the tie: he goes back to bozo. Bozo lynched.

I may have saved bozo (which was my intention), but how on earth did I save Tom?

foodcoats

#1114 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 pm

I think damo provided something of value by claiming doctor. Scum!damo wouldn't rip that D1, I don't think. damo is townlean for me on that basis.
In a pretty vanilla setup with only one possible scan used by our cop, I think making any sort of claim is actually more scumlean than townlean.
Oh shit, I hadn't even noticed the cop was X-shot.

I feel like I can't be the only one - good catch, worc.
Coming back over this now, I wrote it off previously as Chaqa is scummy by nature and I didn't want to read into it, but assuming scum is focused on PR hunting, given damo was the N1 NK, maybe scum!Chaqa came out hard with this line.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1115 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:58 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Why did you truncate my post like that? I went through everyone and evaluated how happy they seemed with that position, not just the people voting for Tom.
I don't like long quotes. Creates a mess of a page. And I don't think I cut off anything material. Because analyzing each person's supposed state of mind at EOD doesn't really mean anything when nobody was willing to move. If someone says "I don't like this, I don't like this" but doesn't do anything, does that mean that they weren't happy with the wagons as they were? No, it just gives them justification to go back and say "Look, see I told you guys so!" afterwards.

I said people were content with the state of the wagons because nobody was moving or posting until I primed them. Analyzing people who didn't take any action doesn't refute that.

xorxes

#1116 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:00 pm

I saved bozo. I own it. And if he is scum, well, my bad, but it seems he's caught if that is the case.

People saying that I could have saved Tom (bozo/goldie/rivera) are just not thinking things through.

If anyone saved Tom, it was goldie, with the (intentional or unintentional) help from foodcoats, who gave him an opening to move to worcej wthout making it too obvious.

xorxes

#1117 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:02 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 pm
In a pretty vanilla setup with only one possible scan used by our cop, I think making any sort of claim is actually more scumlean than townlean.
Oh shit, I hadn't even noticed the cop was X-shot.

I feel like I can't be the only one - good catch, worc.
Coming back over this now, I wrote it off previously as Chaqa is scummy by nature and I didn't want to read into it, but assuming scum is focused on PR hunting, given damo was the N1 NK, maybe scum!Chaqa came out hard with this line.
:o

I commented on that post at the time.

xorxes

#1118 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:58 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:22 pm

I don't like long quotes. Creates a mess of a page. And I don't think I cut off anything material. Because analyzing each person's supposed state of mind at EOD doesn't really mean anything when nobody was willing to move. If someone says "I don't like this, I don't like this" but doesn't do anything, does that mean that they weren't happy with the wagons as they were? No, it just gives them justification to go back and say "Look, see I told you guys so!" afterwards.

I said people were content with the state of the wagons because nobody was moving or posting until I primed them. Analyzing people who didn't take any action doesn't refute that.
OK. I wish that instead of saying "people", you named names. It's not like there's so many of us that you can't analyse who should have been expected to be doing some moving but wasn't doing it.

xorxes

#1119 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:00 pm
I saved bozo. I own it. And if he is scum, well, my bad, but it seems he's caught if that is the case.

People saying that I could have saved Tom (bozo/goldie/rivera) are just not thinking things through.

If anyone saved Tom, it was goldie, with the (intentional or unintentional) help from foodcoats, who gave him an opening to move to worcej wthout making it too obvious.
*move to bozo

foodcoats

#1120 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:23 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 pm
It's good to be back. Lets hope I don't mess up this game as badly as the last one...
##VOTE Nephthys
TALK why are you only voting for people, no reasons no nothing, I know its a joke phase kinda thing but why are you taking it to this extent
Flavius spamming when he first comes in and throwing out pure shade. Late to the game, spewing shitposts and takes the soapbox vs. Bozo. Huh. Scum or hypocrite-town, TBD.