MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#1441 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:43 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:38 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:40 pm

I think peter is terrible. Shooting into PRs that can massclaim is dumb considering when we do massclaim his pool of targets will be greatly reduced
Sigh...I’m starting to think I should just go to work. This all feels dumb.
What do you think of PRs claiming their roles? Would you like to force the issue by claiming your role? There are 3 scum to be caught in the PR claims.
Probably a good idea for everyone to make their PR claims at EoN before anyone is Reaver'd and their win-con changes.

Foxcastle

#1442 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:45 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:36 pm
No rush on this - based on how Reaver's work, it should stay effective, but it would help to clear people as we go.
How, exactly, do the Reavers work?
We had a series of GM calls on the subject awhile back, but basically they have a pre-defined set of press rules to follow, that don't change, and are the same for all Reavers. There may or may not be multiple levels of violations, we're unsure.
You mis-spelled "no idea"... No idea if they depend on the state of the forum. No idea if they depend on the wagons in play. No idea if they depend on what other players are posting.

bozotheclown

#1443 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Sigh...I’m starting to think I should just go to work. This all feels dumb.
What do you think of PRs claiming their roles? Would you like to force the issue by claiming your role? There are 3 scum to be caught in the PR claims.
Probably a good idea for everyone to make their PR claims at EoN before anyone is Reaver'd and their win-con changes.
I think the PRs should claim now to give peterlund a good shot, since he plans to shoot today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1444 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:41 pm

How, exactly, do the Reavers work?
We had a series of GM calls on the subject awhile back, but basically they have a pre-defined set of press rules to follow, that don't change, and are the same for all Reavers. There may or may not be multiple levels of violations, we're unsure.
You mis-spelled "no idea"... No idea if they depend on the state of the forum. No idea if they depend on the wagons in play. No idea if they depend on what other players are posting.
So you're saying, because we don't know 100%, we should give up?

We KNOW a violation happened roughly between pages 27 and 32. Making everyone re-post exactly as they did and seeing if another violation happens is a quite reasonable and low-time-commitment test.

I don't see why this is a hill you're fighting on?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1445 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I think the PRs should claim now to give peterlund a good shot, since he plans to shoot today.
This is also reasonable.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1446 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 pm

If Peter would use his shot threat to force PR claims, that would give him and us info. Kind of like he is doing with Tom.

I might claim my role early. (Before eon)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1447 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:05 pm

I'll be vanishing a lot for a few days. Already explained.

I am pr.

(For the hunt)

Foxcastle

#1448 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

We KNOW a violation happened roughly between pages 27 and 32. Making everyone re-post exactly as they did and seeing if another violation happens is a quite reasonable and low-time-commitment test.

I'm fighting to keep a little more focus on finding scum, and to keep the thread a little cleaner by avoiding "okay, everybody post some stuff!"

I am not saying that there's not useful information between pages 27 and 32, or that we won't be able to return to this subject later and sift out good information, or even be able to eventually peg the Reaver. I am saying that right now, I don't expect this to be a productive exercise, and that it has downsides in terms of distraction and creating noise.

We don't even know what the GM's rules are for alerting the violation! It could very well be on a delay.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1449 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:05 pm

I am pr.

(For the hunt)
Known info is known.

Dargo, if you're going to be gone for an extended time, it's probably prudent for you to claim now so we don't have to track you down or be uncertain for long periods of time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1450 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

I'm fighting to keep a little more focus on finding scum, and to keep the thread a little cleaner by avoiding "okay, everybody post some stuff!"

I am not saying that there's not useful information between pages 27 and 32, or that we won't be able to return to this subject later and sift out good information, or even be able to eventually peg the Reaver. I am saying that right now, I don't expect this to be a productive exercise, and that it has downsides in terms of distraction and creating noise.

We don't even know what the GM's rules are for alerting the violation! It could very well be on a delay.
Well, lucky for you you're not one of the people under scrutiny, so your participation is not necessary :)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1451 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:05 pm

I am pr.

(For the hunt)
Known info is known.

Dargo, if you're going to be gone for an extended time, it's probably prudent for you to claim now so we don't have to track you down or be uncertain for long periods of time.
Aye that's what I was thinking.

I'm checking periodically for a bit.

I wish Peter would be helpful. And I hope Tom claims.

Foxcastle

#1452 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Well, lucky for you you're not one of the people under scrutiny, so your participation is not necessary :)
When I mentioned that there were some people here whose time is best spent on menial tasks, I did not mean you :cry:

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1453 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Why do you want me to claim? It seems unwise before EON since it helps scum narrow down best PRs to hunt. I think massclaim makes sense but after NK and before lynch since that’s when we want more information. Granted peter shooting now does throw a monkey wrench into things

Foxcastle

#1454 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm

I have not thought very carefully about it, but on general principles, I do think shooting among VT claimants is a better option than shooting PRs.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1455 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:19 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm
Why do you want me to claim? It seems unwise before EON since it helps scum narrow down best PRs to hunt. I think massclaim makes sense but after NK and before lynch since that’s when we want more information. Granted peter shooting now does throw a monkey wrench into things
That is exactly why... But only if Peter, having claimed, can now shift his aim to give us info. I would rather he aims at a VT.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1456 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:21 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:19 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
That is exactly why... But only if Peter, having claimed, can now shift his aim to give us info. I would rather he aims at a VT.
Because there are scum in PRs... And as long as he is shooting there we might as well use it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1457 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

When I mentioned that there were some people here whose time is best spent on menial tasks, I did not mean you :cry:
I think it will be more telling who doesn't participate.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1458 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
@Tom - I was thinking we need to massclaim before the Reaving, since the converted person's win-con changing could throw some wrenches in the plans. Additionally, peter wants to shoot you... which is fun. Thanks pete.

xorxes

#1459 Post by xorxes » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
If peter shoots the Reaver, that's the end of the Reavers, is that correct?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1460 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
I have not thought very carefully about it, but on general principles, I do think shooting among VT claimants is a better option than shooting PRs.
It's close. We have 12 people claiming 9 PR slots, and 6 people claiming 4 VT slots. Mathematically, this means 1/3 chance hitting scum in the VT, and 1/4 chance hitting scum in the PR, which does infer that we should target in the VT group.

However, peter knows he is town, which limits his group from 12 to 11, and if we massclaim, it would basically give him 3 50/50 chances or so. It's probable that mafia will target in the PR group for their NK.

If I had to guess:
Reaver is in PR
BH is in VT
Mafia are split 2/1

Confirmed PR
xorxes (Captain)

Claimed PR - 9 actual PR
teacon
darg
Tom Bombadil
rdrivera
damo
worcej
Jamie
Goldfinger
Kalel
BunnyGo
peterlund (Hero of Mudtown)
Superstition (Companion)

Claimed VT - 4 actual "VT" (including backups)
Chaqa
emc
bozo
Temasek
ND
Foxcastle

Dead
FlaviusAetius (VT)