MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#1281 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 am

Hi Flav! I see you watching. We'll get them! We'll make those gorram Alliance pay!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1282 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:21 am
OK! I have a hypothesis about the reavers with a confirmed hit on a candidate. Could everyone who has claimed PR please post an @ symbol?

Thank you!

And yes...maybe you'll find my reaver candidate too...he's posted it just once, shortly before the announcement, and by accident as it was in a quote.
By my check - Rivera, Tom, and worcej all have only made one post with an '@' in it, and all shortly before/around the press violation - so these three would be the ones I'd really like to see it from.

BunnyGo

#1283 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:30 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 am
BunnyGo wrote:
OK! I have a hypothesis about the reavers with a confirmed hit on a candidate. Could everyone who has claimed PR please post an @ symbol?

Thank you!

And yes...maybe you'll find my reaver candidate too...he's posted it just once, shortly before the announcement, and by accident as it was in a quote.
By my check - Rivera, Tom, and worcej all have only made one post with an '@' in it, and all shortly before/around the press violation - so these three would be the ones I'd really like to see it from.
Yes, worcej's and Tom's were prior to Kitsune's previous post. But all 3 had them quoted.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1284 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:31 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:24 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:17 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:35 am
<snip>

Thinking out loud: Chaqa scarily horrible this game. I truly can't conceive of him being town and playing this way. The only thing that comes to mind is he's so on tilt from ND, but I just don't get it.

- snipped -
Mainly out of curiosity, what have I done that makes you think I'm not town? I feel like every thing I've done has been pretty straightforward.
Mostly the brash bullying rather than thinking and consideration I expect from people looking for scum. That requires doubt. You haven't shown any. You've been gung ho; you've sheeped xorxes; you've proclaimed things rather than advocated. All in all, it's a sign of somebody both agitated, and seems to not want to seem like they know something, but do.
I'm not sure (besides ND) I could be accused of bullying? ND and I always butt heads, but the rest mainly is frustration that everyone doesn't see how obvious the path to victory here is. I hate to sheep, but xorxes nailed it early on, and when i came around to see his logic, I'm onboard.

I don't know exactly who the scum are yet, but I believe we're pretty much mathematically destined to figure this one out.

ND

#1285 Post by ND » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:31 am

@chaq the Camaro: you are a moron

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1286 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:28 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, worcej's and Tom's were prior to Kitsune's previous post. But all 3 had them quoted.
I think it's a reasonable thing to ask and there's no reason town or scum wouldn't participate. Good catch either way.

Reaver violations will hopefully be easier to find following a few flips and a few more if they happen... at the very least, we KNOW someone violated it before KIt's announcement :)

##CallGM - does each individual reaver have their own rules to follow? Are they the same throughout the game? Do they change following a violation?

bozotheclown

#1287 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:33 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:31 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:17 am

Mainly out of curiosity, what have I done that makes you think I'm not town? I feel like every thing I've done has been pretty straightforward.
Mostly the brash bullying rather than thinking and consideration I expect from people looking for scum. That requires doubt. You haven't shown any. You've been gung ho; you've sheeped xorxes; you've proclaimed things rather than advocated. All in all, it's a sign of somebody both agitated, and seems to not want to seem like they know something, but do.
I'm not sure (besides ND) I could be accused of bullying? ND and I always butt heads, but the rest mainly is frustration that everyone doesn't see how obvious the path to victory here is. I hate to sheep, but xorxes nailed it early on, and when i came around to see his logic, I'm onboard.

I don't know exactly who the scum are yet, but I believe we're pretty much mathematically destined to figure this one out.
It is not going to be that easy because of the Reavers.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1288 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:34 am

ND wrote:
I'm sorry your small, bad toupee'd-yellow-haired brain can only use such small and crude words, ND. Hopefully 2020 will see you experience a lot of personal growth... especially in the hands.

BunnyGo

#1289 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:34 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:33 am
Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Which is why I think it is very important we develop as many reasonable hypotheses as possible as fast as possible.

Go search the thread...we have a reaver to nab.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1290 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:37 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

A full massclaim Day 1 would have been a bit better against the Reavers, but hopefully Day 2 we can sort it out. It may make sense (and be sensible) for town PR claimants to state their PR just before EoN, that way they are on record before any possible Reaver-ing has changed their win condition.

We should also make sure we have them claim in an order-verifiable way. I.E. have the roles/players claim in an optimal order to minimize fake-claim opportunities. Probably by having players claim in a pre-defined order set by xorxes (but only after it's been confirmed he has not been Reave'd).

Additionally, roleblock claims will need to come into mind. End of the day, we should still continue to lynch among the non-PR, since there's almost certainly scum in there, unless peter, Vecna/Fox, and Superstition all claim PR (though peter seems ot not want to claim at all...)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1291 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:34 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Which is why I think it is very important we develop as many reasonable hypotheses as possible as fast as possible.

It seems most likely the violation happened between pages 27 and 32, as Kitsune had a GM post on page 27.

BunnyGo

#1292 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 am
BunnyGo wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

It seems most likely the violation happened between pages 27 and 32, as Kitsune had a GM post on page 27.
exactly. Maybe not, but if the @ hypothesis is correct, then it is in that range that rdrivera quoted one. Hence "level one" (posted by quoting) as opposed to level 2 (posting it yourself)

Kitsune

#1293 Post by Kitsune » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:47 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 am
##CallGM - does each individual reaver have their own rules to follow? Are they the same throughout the game? Do they change following a violation?
The reaver communication restrictions have been pre-set before the game and are intended to be consistent regardless of which reavers are Randed or Recruited into the faction. They do not change due to a violation.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1294 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 am

Specifically between posts 539 and 636. Non-xorx players posting in this interval:
- goldfinger0303
- rdrivera2005
- dargorygel
- Tom Bombadil
- Chaqa
- ND
- teacon7
- worcej
- Temasek22
- e.m.c^42
- BunnyGo
- bozotheclown
- KalelChase
- BunnyGo
- peterlund

It's almost everyone, of course, but it's a starting point. Peter's post was just seconds before Kit's, so I think he's very unlikely to be the Reaver Prime. Still leaves a lot. I'm going to try to go through and ISO at least a few of these to see what looked odd when comparing them to previous posts of theirs.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1295 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:45 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 am
BunnyGo wrote:

exactly. Maybe not, but if the @ hypothesis is correct, then it is in that range that rdrivera quoted one. Hence "level one" (posted by quoting) as opposed to level 2 (posting it yourself)
Kitsune wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:47 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 am
The reaver communication restrictions have been pre-set before the game and are intended to be consistent regardless of which reavers are Randed or Recruited into the faction. They do not change due to a violation.
##FollowupCall: Are the different levels of violation in reference to which instance of infraction it is, or are there multiple different levels of possible violations? i.e.:

could a level 1 be a small error, and a level 2 a large one?

or

is level 1 - first time
level 2 - second time

etc.

Kitsune

#1296 Post by Kitsune » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:49 am
##FollowupCall: Are the different levels of violation in reference to which instance of infraction it is, or are there multiple different levels of possible violations? i.e.:

could a level 1 be a small error, and a level 2 a large one?

or

is level 1 - first time
level 2 - second time

etc.
This information about the Reaver Communication Restrictions is part of the closed area of this semi-open setup.

ND

#1297 Post by ND » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 am

Chaqa wrote:
ND wrote:
I'm sorry your small, bad toupee'd-yellow-haired brain can only use such small and crude words, ND. Hopefully 2020 will see you experience a lot of personal growth... especially in the hands.
Lol you got a real thing for me and trump. This isnt the politics forum and I haven't brought him up once. I know you hate the guy. I know that's the popular bandwagon thing to do. But this is a game of mafia not a place for you to spew your hatred of the president. Go start a thread on the politics forum for that. All your doing is distracting from real conversation here with your ignorance.

Jamiet99uk

#1298 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:21 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:06 am

Scum survey (pick 4):
Chaqa
emc
bozo
Temasek
ND
peterlund
Superstition
Foxcastle

bozo: ND, peterlund, Superstition, Foxcastle
goldfinger: peterlund, Superstition, emc, bozo
ND: Superstition, Chaqa, ?, ?
Temasek: emc, peterlund, Superstition, Foxcastle
My picks:

EMC
Bozo
Superstition
Foxcastle

But Foxcastle is mostly in there due to lack of any reason to clear him, owing to lack of data.

I townread Chaqa and townlean Peterlund.

Jamiet99uk

#1299 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:24 am

@BunnyGo: I am h@ppy to confirm my @bility to use the @ symbol.

Other symbols on my keyboard include ' # ~ / ? \ | + = - _ ` ¬ ¦ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( and ).

Jamiet99uk

#1300 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:25 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 am
I am sure this has been asked, would we have found out if Flavius was a backup?
This is a worthwhile question.

##CALL GM - if Flavius was a backup, would this have been declared when he flipped VT?