Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1141 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:45 pm

@Ezio: I think I see what you are saying now, if Foxcastle is scum, the mafia could have him perform the NK at the right point in the game, and even though we will know he performed the NK because the player getting NKed will be revealed as DD, it will be too late because Foxcastle will have gained a vote. That is another good argument to lynch Foxcastle now, or at least soon.

thamrick

#1142 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:28 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:15 am
@Durga: Since Foxcastle's vote does not count, if he is town, we only have 7 town votes left for the purposes of determining our win condition. If we lynch a town Foxcastle, we still have 7 town votes left. As a result, lynching a town Foxcastle is equivalent to a no lynch instead of a mislynch when determining our win condition. Right now we only have one mislynch left, and if we lynch a town Foxcastle, we still have one mislynch left, so that is why I say we have nothing to lose by lynching him. If we lynch any other town, we use our only mislynch.
Any other town?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1143 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Thamrick, stop hunting for scumslips and start hunting for scum.

bozotheclown

#1144 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm

@thamrick: Yes, lynching any other town besides Foxcastle results in us having no mislynches left, lynching a town Foxcastle results in us still having one mislynch left. Obviously we would prefer not to lynch a town at all, and I think there is a good chance Foxcastle is not town.

thamrick

#1145 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm
lol I love that this is the second "useful" post you've made today.

thamrick

#1146 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm
@thamrick: Yes, lynching any other town besides Foxcastle results in us having no mislynches left, lynching a town Foxcastle results in us still having one mislynch left. Obviously we would prefer not to lynch a town at all, and I think there is a good chance Foxcastle is not town.
What's your case for Foxcastle being scum?

bozotheclown

#1147 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 pm

@thamrick: I have stated that a few times already. Foxcastle being the role blocker explains why the RB was not used when it would have been a good idea, such as role blocking yavuzovic when he hinted that he was the cop. Foxcastle argued against revealing the DD tag. Foxcastle refuses to acknowledge that his lack of a vote makes his expendable if he is town.

Foxcastle

#1148 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Bozo refuses to acknowledge that ghug could also be the roleblocker, since scum probably haven't peeked for fear of being BO_SOX. Ghug knew going into N1 that he was 1 of 3 people who could be DD, so that explains why he holstered.

Also, I have done the math for myself, and agree that today is the last day to lynch DD to push LyLo off one more day. But, if you think Ghug or Xorxes is town (like I do), then lynching scum still makes more sense, since you're going to turn around and lynch one of them tomorrow anyway.

(Unless the Oracle wants to snag the DD tag and try to put it on someone likely to be scum, which would be detrimental to scum, but is slow and not without risk to the oracle.)

And yes, some of this is driven by my righteous indignation at being mislynched. I recognize that, and if I get mislynched, well, it's not like my vote counts. But for fuck's sake ##VOTE GHUG

Foxcastle

#1149 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm
Also, I have done the math for myself, and agree that today is the last day to lynch DD to push LyLo off one more day. But, if you think Ghug or Xorxes is town (like I do), then lynching scum still makes more sense, since you're going to turn around and lynch one of them tomorrow anyway.
I meant, "If you think Ghug or Xorxes is scum (like I do)," which I hope is clear with my ghug vote at the end.

Foxcastle

#1150 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 pm

I wonder if nesdunk and reedeer will fail to show up today and screw town by getting themselves mod-killed. Of course, lynching scum would prevent that, too...

bozotheclown

#1151 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:01 pm

@Foxcastle: I acknowledge ghug could be the role blocker, but it still makes sense to lynch you first since your vote does not count.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1152 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:02 pm

I agree that DD should be lynched before lylo, but it won't be lylo yet tomorrow even if we myslinch, so we should aim for scum. Also, this will give us more info then just lynching DD for mechanics.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1153 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

It will be MYLO tomorrow if we mislynch.

bozotheclown

#1154 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:05 pm

@rdrivera: That makes sense if you think xorxes or ghug are better scum candidates than Foxcastle, but I am not sure they are.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1155 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm

thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm
lol I love that this is the second "useful" post you've made today.
There you go. That's the kind of hunting for scum you should be doing.

I really have no understanding of the mechanics of this game and have no interest in changing that but I know a few people that do that are definitely town and seem to be working in the right direction, so I'm sitting back right now and letting things play out. That said, the main issue I see so far is that there are a lot of people who don't want to think about the game and would rather just go ahead and lynch Fox because they already know his vote doesn't count, but what does that get us? It's a play that doesn't cost us anything except time, and if he does flip scum we have no choice but to question his voting habits because he might have known this whole time that he hasn't had a vote to begin with.

We have very little information from D1 at least at this point and D2 was a total wash with nothing but a cop claim on brainbomb. Lynching someone on D3 because we know their vote doesn't count is lazy and will lead us to the same trash heap tomorrow that we're sifting through today. We need to do something interesting.

I would love to see a case on Foxcastle that does not involve the fact that he does not have a vote. If there is a good case, then he should be a lynch candidate. I have yet to see anyone even try to make a case that he is scum; rather, people are making the case that he's not obviously town and his vote doesn't count, so he's an easy choice.

Foxcastle

#1156 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 pm
@thamrick: I have stated that a few times already. Foxcastle being the role blocker explains why the RB was not used when it would have been a good idea, such as role blocking yavuzovic when he hinted that he was the cop. Foxcastle argued against revealing the DD tag. Foxcastle refuses to acknowledge that his lack of a vote makes his expendable if he is town.
Care to make an actual case against me, Bozo? Because the first two points apply to ghug as well and the last point is already thin even if I hadn't no given it consideration.

In particular, if ghug is scum, it's likely he hasn't even peeked. So in terms of not being willing to claim a tag, ghug is skating by like scum worried they're BO_SOX.

thamrick

#1157 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:30 pm

@Foxy - what changed to make you stop townreading ghug? You were pretty set on a townread during the peek discussion

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1158 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm

If you think I haven't peeked, you should be content waiting for everyone else to peek so that the real Chaqa can counterclaim me.

Fox's switch here reeks of opportunism, which pushes me towards thinking he's actually scum. I'm rarely as confident in a read as I am in xorxes though, so my vote is staying there.

thamrick

#1159 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 pm

@Ezio - how are you feeling right now? I want to hear more thoughts from you.

Ezio

#1160 Post by Ezio » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:07 pm

You want my thoughts on anything in particular or just in general?