Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1061 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 pm

##VOTE Foxcastle

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1062 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm

You think Fox peeked at start of game as scum? That'd be pretty ballsy.

I didn't even realize meme was out there, but I still think it's better to claim it if you have it. Look at Yavuz. If he'd told us what he was, then mafia would have absorbed it on killing him. Once we get to a mass-claim situation, they'd have to make a flavor name up, which is incredibly awkward for them, either because they'd be waiting suspiciously long to do it, or because they have a high chance of collision with someone else, or because they're nesdunk and have no idea who'd be a good flavor name.

Durga

#1063 Post by Durga » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm

I didn't even realize meme was out there, but I still think it's better to claim it if you have it. Look at Yavuz. If he'd told us what he was, then mafia would have absorbed it on killing him. Once we get to a mass-claim situation, they'd have to make a flavor name up, which is incredibly awkward for them, either because they'd be waiting suspiciously long to do it, or because they have a high chance of collision with someone else, or because they're nesdunk and have no idea who'd be a good flavor name.
why would they have to make it up... they'd only have to do that if bo sux isn't revealed yet... and given how often you've been talking about it, i'm very sure that they already have names prepped.

thamrick

#1064 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 pm

ghug wrote:

I feel like that's expecting too much. I'm sure mafia have discussed possible mass-claim options they could use (especially if nesdunk is scum).

Also, how would you quantify waiting a suspiciously long time?

Yav certainly should have told us what his nametag was and who he was scanning last night.

And would it have been that ballsy? Sure, it could've been auto-mafia kill, but it was a slightly less than 25% chance that ANY mafia was BO_SOX, and incredibly low chance that Foxy was BO_SOX from the start. The longer scum wait without peeking and the BO_SOX tag being out there, the more likely it is that they're BO_SOX.

If I was scum, I would've either peeked at the beginning of the game, or I would have never peeked.

Durga

#1065 Post by Durga » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:54 pm

I think Fox is town. If there's a scum in those two, it's ghug.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1066 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm
ghug wrote:

why would they have to make it up... they'd only have to do that if bo sux isn't revealed yet... and given how often you've been talking about it, i'm very sure that they already have names prepped.
They have to make it up if they've absorbed a flavor name from someone who'd revealed their own flavor name before dying.

Having names prepared doesn't help that much if people start claiming them either. They can wait until everyone else claims, but whoever claims last in a situation like that is going to get a healthy amount of scrutiny, especially if they also happen to be digging at the bottom of the barrel for flavor names.

Let's discuss this at night though. It's not urgent.

Durga

#1067 Post by Durga » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Ghug has thought waaaay too much about scum strategy for me to feel comfortable. And, Fox is way too reckless

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1068 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm

I'm thinking about town strategy. That requires thinking about scum strategy...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1069 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Ok, finished reading. I still don't get a conclusion from Ghug/Fox. Fox look less scummy because he peeked first and also for having peeked at start (or so he says), but why would he lie about this? And Ghug looks like town Ghug, he is usually more aggressive
I would vote Bozo, but unless more people show some interest it's pointless to start this thread now. I will ##vote Xorxes, his reaction to Ghug/Fox wasn't someone who want to discover who DD is but someone who want to lynch one of them. Also, his defensiveness is completely out of character.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1070 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Vote Count 3.2

xorxes (4): ghug, Foxcastle, Durga, rdrivera2005
ghug (3): bozotheclown, xorxes, Ezio
Foxcastle (2): bo_sox48, thamrick

nesdunk14 and reedeer1 have yet to vote.

Currently xorxes is scheduled to be lynched.

Roughly 26 hours remain in D3.

bozotheclown

#1071 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:17 pm

@ghug: Why do you assume that if Foxcastle was scum that he would be telling the truth about when he checked his nametag?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1072 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

That's a decent point, actually. We really have no way of knowing.

All we can really say for certain is that he chose to reveal knowing that I was about to.

bozotheclown

#1073 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:37 pm

I do not see any down side to lynching DD here, and I still think there is a good chance Durga was right about DD being the role blocker.

##VOTE Foxcastle

Foxcastle

#1074 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 pm

AgathaChristie wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

All we can really say for certain is that he chose to reveal knowing that I was about to.
The plot thickens! Except it doesn't, because it's easily testable if I'm DD based on votes at EOD. (Which doesn't prove I'm not scum, only that I'm not lying, of course.)

The other side of that coin is that we have no way of knowing if ghug even peeked, which scum would still be hesitant to do...

Foxcastle

#1075 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:37 pm
I do not see any down side to lynching DD here, and I still think there is a good chance Durga was right about DD being the role blocker.

##VOTE Foxcastle
Durga's theory is not that DD is the roleblocker. It's that the roleblocker is holstering because there is a chance that they are DD. It was just a coincidence that the roleblocker and DD ended up on the same wagon that led to that speculation. The point is, DD is NAI.

bozotheclown

#1076 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:43 pm

@Foxcastle: I believe you are DD, but if you are scum I would expect you to check when it was 50/50 that you were DD. If you are town, you are unlikely to ever get a vote unless we try something with the oracle, so I do not think we lose anything by lynching you. Not to dismiss your contribution if you are town, but we can't assume you are town.

bozotheclown

#1077 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Durga's theory work even better when the role blocker knows he is DD.

thamrick

#1078 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 pm
AgathaChristie wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 pm

The plot thickens! Except it doesn't, because it's easily testable if I'm DD based on votes at EOD. (Which doesn't prove I'm not scum, only that I'm not lying, of course.)

The other side of that coin is that we have no way of knowing if ghug even peeked, which scum would still be hesitant to do...
I don't think ghug or bozo was questioning that you are DD, just about WHEN you checked your name tag.

thamrick

#1079 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:49 pm

ughhh were not was. I'm ashamed of myself.

Foxcastle

#1080 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Durga's theory work even better when the role blocker knows he is DD.
And works just fine if scum is not DD and is playing careful by not risking the BO_SOX tag and not risking that they'll be exposed by handing DD off.

Again, DD itself is NAI.