MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 pm

So yavu is obv scum. So is rivera. Maybe still Kalel?? And Vecna?

yavuzovic

#2062 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Ah
I apologise from the town if I get mislynched. I'm not a good town player. The ridiculous thing is I'm more towny when I'm actually scum.
##vote Tom Bombadil

xorxes

#2063 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:28 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:24 pm
“ I don't refuse being a mafia member for now, ”

Wut
I'm trying to make a stonger meaning for denying SK. Apparently literary arts don't work same in every langıage.

I meant: I'm not mafia, but being mafia is more likely than being SK
I fully accept that you were not actually admitting to being scum, and you were just trying to say that if you were scum, being Mafia was (purely statistically) more likely than being SK.

But an argument from statistics is not really apt here. The interest in the VT role is more likely to come from Jack than from anyone else.

And there's one other thing: in my opinion, there's two, maybe three people that have outed themselves as having female roles (I'm obviously not going to discuss who they are). If Jack had been playing and paying attention from the start, they probably would have detected them, since that's their biggest concern. You had the disadvantage in this respect of coming late and so you are much more likely than anyone else to have missed those clues.

yavuzovic

#2064 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm

If it wasn't targeting myself, I would say I like your reads, because you have reason. But here, I know they aren't correct.

I'm sure I would be more careful if I were SK, and I don't know the clues you are talking about and if they can be found in this way, but I would search the words like "female", "male", "gender".

ND

#2065 Post by ND » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 pm

If I was to make a case on any of my 'names' then I promise you it would dwarf anything, any of you have ever seen. Maybe I will, but if I spelled out every little thing I did then that would often defeat the purpose.

There have already been some interesting commentary on it from Bionic, Cmdr, and Purple. Purple's own immediate 'fall in line' post to Cmdr a few pages back was beyond interesting.

ND

#2066 Post by ND » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:03 pm

When I am ready to present my findings, I'll do so, until then use your own brains to scumhunt and deduce the truth.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2067 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Tbh, I doubt SK would get subbed out twice. One of them would have been excited enough to have the opportunity to play as a 3rd party.

xorxes

#2068 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm
Tbh, I doubt SK would get subbed out twice. One of them would have been excited enough to have the opportunity to play as a 3rd party.
I don't know about Computer, but I would hope that bo_sox would not have abandoned unless he had genuine real life issues, whether the role was exciting for him or not.

bozotheclown

#2069 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Neither BunnyGo or damo stated any strong scum reads recently, I do not see a reason why they would have been targeted based on their reads. BunnyGo did move his vote around a lot D2, he likely was voting for a scum at some point. I could see that post by damo being interpreted as a cop crumb.

bozotheclown

#2070 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:52 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm
I don't know about Computer, but I would hope that bo_sox would not have abandoned unless he had genuine real life issues, whether the role was exciting for him or not.
Maybe they did not care about getting subbed or killed because they were not concerned with adversely affecting their team.

bozotheclown

#2071 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 am
Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:53 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 am
I don't understand this setup and I'm not going to spend my night trying to figure it out, but as I see it, we lynch both of these two in the next two days.

ORRRRRRRRRR we lynch outside of these two and actually learn something today.

I don't really care, personally.
Any suggestions? Frost? Hosu? I doubt we can get a wagon going
I don't even know who Frost and Hosu are lol
I know bo_sox is no longer around to defend this post, but I find it very hard believe that bo_sox did not know who Temasek was referring to, and there is no point in being deceptive about that as town.

Jamiet99uk

#2072 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:45 pm

VOTE COUNT 3.3

yavuzovic(3) - bozotheclown, FlaviusAetius, Tom Bombadil
purplecow(2) - ND, ItsHosuke
CmdrLikely(2) - xorxes, BionicMole
Chaqa(1) - Vecna
ItsHosuke(1) - Temasek22
FlaviusAetius(1) - CmdrLikely
bozotheclown(1) - purplecow
Tom Bombadil(1) - yavuzovic

Currently YAVUZOVIC is set to be lynched.

There's 24 hours and 15 minutes to go in Day 3.

FlaviusAetius

#2073 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:52 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:01 pm
But in general, this game:

It's rather strange how a lot of the usual lynch-pushers have fallen to the backside, and how they've been so far caused by the usual sorta sheepy people. I don't think people actually expected for Frost's wagon to actually last the day, and (looking at the flimsy reasoning for some), had it as placeholder safety.
I dont buy it whatsoever, anyone who pushed frost made a big big mistake, and needs to be given a hard hard look at, including you, a lynch-pusher. Seems like you are projecting, no?

FlaviusAetius

#2074 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 am
Some random thoughts;

Im not sure whether to be happy with Xorxes' readslist or to be suspicious that he's copying general sentiment. There really are no "stand-out hot-takes" that Xorxes is normally prone to do as town. It feels like he's more or less, really at the same place as me......which begs the question; Are you copying me, bro?

The one thing I just cannot fathom from that list; Me on a team with Chaqa? After semi death-tunneling him? Why would I vote him if I knew he was likely gonna be cc'd? The truth of the matter, which I probably shouldnt even admit, was that I totally forgot he had made that claim when I voted him out of the gates on D2. His dance around the Bob wagon was extremely suspicious, which is why I wanted him dead. Also, this sentiment is from later on - Chaqa as town is generally a lot more care-nothing-in-your-face, here he seems to have this whole plan, and path-dependant shit going on. Im suspicious. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but I really dont like his shit.

EMC seems very happy to be buddy-buddy with me. In previous games when I was being less serious, he was showing a modicum of suspicion. Here there is very little of that. He just seems to be happy in this state of where he likes me and I like him. Which is all well and good. But it still leaves a bit of a sour taste. Maybe someone with a spreadsheet should compare this behavior with past games to see if my suspicion has some merit.

Ok, that turned out to be too much of a wall. To my defense, alcohol mightve played a role in these random ramblings.
xorxes isn't pushing, he's participating and thats a problem, because usually he's a town leader,a nd no longer. Thats ok though not everyone gets to play the same game each time, but what I see a problem with him, is that there's no sense of urgency. Like folks we just lost two town and no one is freaking out, we should be freaking out right now, we need to hit scum, so vote yavu

FlaviusAetius

#2075 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:02 am
Are you town Bunny?? I just don’t know what to make of you. My heart says town. My brain says town. But my gut says something is fishy about you
This is a nonsense comment, just the like he was making on Damo, he purposefully targetted them both, and only them both and look at that, they both die. Seems like someone was trying to use this as a defense

FlaviusAetius

#2076 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:10 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:57 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:38 am
And these are "reads" in the same sense of my own reads.
To elaborate on this, forgot to type the rest. "Reads" as in that it was implied or otherwise stated subtly, through commenting on the actions or questioning. Not much explicitly stated.
ontop of that last game xorxes steered clear from the scumslip and actually was on the case of people who did promote the scumslip(he was assasin) so its pretty clear him pushing a scum slip should make you think

Temasek22

#2077 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm

##vote yavu

Next best thing I guess, I found the slot to be quite suspicious and no one is joining me on hosu

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2078 Post by Chaqa » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 pm

Can someone explain the case on yavu?

I really think voting for Vecna or Tom is better.

xorxes

#2079 Post by xorxes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm
##vote yavu

Next best thing I guess, I found the slot to be quite suspicious and no one is joining me on hosu
What do you find suspicious about Hosuke? He is not doing anything, but he never does anything as far as I can remember. Is there something specific he has done that you think he would not do as town?

CmdrLikely

#2080 Post by CmdrLikely » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:19 pm
I'm the lynch now.

I am not Jack the Ripper.
I don't refuse being a mafia member for now, but stop calling me Jack the Ripper.
If I were that, I would be seeking for gender counts and not VT PM.
If I was going to ask where the PMs are, I would ask this privately to GM. Not in the main thread.
Yavuzovic, what possible reason would you have for saying "I don't refuse being a mafia member for now"?