MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1781 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 am
@Xorxes it was 'think about it' not 'trust me'

Merely misremembered in a bit of rush. It's not significant.
Yep. But why did you feel you had to sort of apologize for it?

BunnyGo

#1782 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:39 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:32 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 am
Some random thoughts;

Im not sure whether to be happy with Xorxes' readslist or to be suspicious that he's copying general sentiment. There really are no "stand-out hot-takes" that Xorxes is normally prone to do as town. It feels like he's more or less, really at the same place as me......which begs the question; Are you copying me, bro?
Not even close to the truth. Many of my observations are original with me and not shered at least out loud by anyone. e.g. Tom (nobody but me cares about Vapor's knife), bozo (nobody else has expressed an opinion on him), damo (I seem to be the only one townreading him), you (nobody except maybe bozo cares that you voted Chaqa while his claim was still unchallenged), Hosuke (something, something), yavu (nobody else seems to care about what he said of VT PM), Bunny (nobody else seems to have noticed his scumslip/strange comment about ND) and so on.
The one thing I just cannot fathom from that list; Me on a team with Chaqa?
Stranger things have happened. It's the best explanation I could come up with for your vote.
After semi death-tunneling him? Why would I vote him if I knew he was likely gonna be cc'd? The truth of the matter, which I probably shouldnt even admit, was that I totally forgot he had made that claim when I voted him out of the gates on D2.
That would have been more believable if you had said it the first time I asked, but ok.
His dance around the Bob wagon was extremely suspicious, which is why I wanted him dead. Also, this sentiment is from later on - Chaqa as town is generally a lot more care-nothing-in-your-face, here he seems to have this whole plan, and path-dependant shit going on. Im suspicious. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but I really dont like his shit.
Me neither.
EMC seems very happy to be buddy-buddy with me. In previous games when I was being less serious, he was showing a modicum of suspicion. Here there is very little of that. He just seems to be happy in this state of where he likes me and I like him. Which is all well and good. But it still leaves a bit of a sour taste. Maybe someone with a spreadsheet should compare this behavior with past games to see if my suspicion has some merit.
There's something different about emc this game but I can't put my finger on what. He is sure moaning much more than usual.
Ok, that turned out to be too much of a wall. To my defense, alcohol mightve played a role in these random ramblings.
Jeez, the alcohol defense is becoming pandemic.
I made a scum slip? I don't think that's possible unless it means something I didn't think it meant.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1783 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 pm
I forgot to include Bunny's 'scumslip'. I will have to reread that some time.
Xorxes,

What was this? I'm so torn on Bunny at this point.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1784 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:10 am
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:28 am
The Bo slot is probably scum btw. Take it out.
Also...likely femme.
You explained how you deduced this, but isn't point this out helping Jack? Kinda scummy.

I had you in with ND and (obviously) myself, but you keep getting scum points.

xorxes

#1785 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:54 am

KalelChase wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am
xorxes wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 pm
I forgot to include Bunny's 'scumslip'. I will have to reread that some time.
Xorxes,

What was this? I'm so torn on Bunny at this point.
This is what I was referring to:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 am
lol, ##Vote ND

I don't believe any of this, and tbh I think getting rid of him as a policy lynch due to his awfulness is worth it.
Agreed. I was going to vote for him when I saw nobody died: any of the scum teams should have gone for him. And our healers we're taken (maybe one saved him? maybe not). I think his team got unlucky targeting whoever. I also think most of his posts yesterday were saying little, but doing it loudly. Whenever asked to stake out an actual read, he deflected.

All that said: ##VOTE ND.
Not sure if it was a scumslip, but it was at the very least a very odd assumption.

BunnyGo

#1786 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:19 am

@kalel and xorxes. I think you're both simply wrong about these things.

BunnyGo

#1787 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:19 am
And Kalel: at best, your spreadsheet suffers from GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) issues. If you're not thinking, then it doesn't matter how you record your thoughts.

e.m.c^42

#1788 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:29 am

So touched I actually came up in discussion whilst gone. It drives my heart all aflutter, breathtakingly cold. My cheeks are simply frosted from joy.

BunnyGo

#1789 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 am

I still honestly don't see it, Xorxes. Who should scum target? PRs if they know them. Otherwise, probably "good" players who say they know stuff but aren't sharing yet. Sounds about right to me. If you think that's not a priority target, then we play scum very differently.

BunnyGo

#1790 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:29 am
So touched I actually came up in discussion whilst gone. It drives my heart all aflutter, breathtakingly cold. My cheeks are simply frosted from joy.
HI!

BunnyGo

#1791 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
HI!
Soooo...I still think Xorxes may be scummy, and I worry about kalel's ability. The last time I worried about Kalel, I was right he was town, and right he was ineffective. This time, I just don't know.

What are your thoughts on these two find characters Einstein?

e.m.c^42

#1792 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 am

I don't quite see what is wrong yet with Bungo's phrasing that Kalel and xorx picked at, it seems to be just presumption? Or at least, more assuming!town/3p than scum indicative.

None offense meant to our GM, but that type of phrase/syntax picking (remember Vapor?) is more of something that Jamie pulls as anal retentive scum lol

However, it does have its uses occasionally, and have done near exact same thing this game lmao

BunnyGo

#1793 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

KalelChase wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:28 am
The Bo slot is probably scum btw. Take it out.
Also...likely femme.
You explained how you deduced this, but isn't point this out helping Jack? Kinda scummy.

Do you think Jack couldn't work this out? Or do you think that maybe now Jack will be double guessing if a doctor will try and save Chaq, because everyone is on the same page.

Pointing out obvious truths just brings a chance for knowing your opponents mind.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1794 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:19 am
And Kalel: at best, your spreadsheet suffers from GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) issues. If you're not thinking, then it doesn't matter how you record your thoughts.
Agreed on this... ISO dump soon, and then I'll be tracking conspiracy theories and (perceived) relationships.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1795 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:41 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am
KalelChase wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Also...likely femme.

Do you think Jack couldn't work this out? Or do you think that maybe now Jack will be double guessing if a doctor will try and save Chaq, because everyone is on the same page.

Pointing out obvious truths just brings a chance for knowing your opponents mind.
Sounds like an Art of War rule. Thanks for clarifying.

For the record to you and e.m.c. I wasn't scumming you because of what Xorx pointed out... I was just asking him for clarity.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1796 Post by KalelChase » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:41 am

Alright, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it.
I had several personal things going on last week, but no list of excuses. I promise to be my normal regurgitation of facts with no analysis guy from here on in. The good news is we're very a head of the game at this point.

Bunny already ISOed e.m.c. So here are some observations on those players that are completely confusing me or are at the bottom of my town list (i.e. the least town = scumlean). Anyone not listed below isn't giving much.

Bunny: (the worst ISO because of the noise) - 96 posts, -Voting ND, +Called out Chaq before he confessed, +Called out Demon for not following through on his Hardlean Scum on Chaq, - page 54 Kit sides with ND.. Bunny uses this as reason to vote Kit (a couple of times), +Finally joins us for not lynching ND, +Hated Frost wagon, -1 for all the vote changes
Kit: (Where are you?!)
Darg: +Good participation, +Trusted ND before Chaq recanted, Voted for Chaq for "he reminded me of my fakeclaim", -Voted Frost +For good reasons, +Challenge Chaq.
Temasek: Not much here, vote switched back and forth, panicked reaction when Tom B. went after him.
Damo: -Vote Tom "Think about it", -switch to ND quickly, I'm voting Tom or ND... then switch to Frost, Pg.63 posts a really weak read list, Protecting Chaq (a lot), Really pushes for Frost as if protecting Chaq,
Tom B: +Justified vote on RDR, Challenges Damo, and general intelligent input
Xorx: -Pushing "Almost" scum on Bunny,
Demon: - "Anyone voting ND or Chaq is Fucking Stupid" a major motivator to shifting over to the Frost wagon. Bunny calls him out.

For the record Tom B. has completely turned it around for me. Contributing and intelligent.

e.m.c^42

#1797 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
HI!
Soooo...I still think Xorxes may be scummy, and I worry about kalel's ability. The last time I worried about Kalel, I was right he was town, and right he was ineffective. This time, I just don't know.

What are your thoughts on these two find characters Einstein?
Kalel has fallen in the quiet flailing category that used to be shared with Frost. (Focused more on personal methodology than communicating effectively with rest of game players). From record of previous games here, he tends towards having a half majority of posts be related to flavour or otherwise outside chatting, replicated here. But, he does try to make an effort in terms of communicating thought processes behind his methodology: mechs and actions taken in thread, which is something that has not occurred as of yet. Null I suppose.

annnd darlin' xorxes. Give me some time, lol

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1798 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 am

Don’t like that recap reads list from Kalel

BunnyGo

#1799 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:52 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 am
Don’t like that recap reads list from Kalel
THIS!

BunnyGo

#1800 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:53 am

The most accurate thing I saw is that I have lots of noise in my posts (SURE DO!)