MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1421 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:45 am
Ok, Tom comes into the game quite pleasantly (by the way, anyone wants to include Vapor on this...whatever. I liked Vapor but I'm tired and not going to ISO it now).

Tom immediately gets to work. Comments on what he's seen. And (correctly IMHO) calls out rdrivera for his strange behaviour:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 pm
Well this is pleasant.

Bo - stop confusing people

##vote rdrivera

Pointing out the merit of a wagon (of his scumbuddy) but finding a way to park a vote on another wagon is classic scum rivera
Draws Xorxes into a short discussion. It's nice:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:03 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:00 am

This is the post Tom was referring to. I can see rivera as Bob's teammate posting this, but I can also see town rivera posting this. I also voted for Computer because Bob's wagon was too big and had no competition even though I had some suspicion of Bob, so I don't really fault rivera for trying to start another wagon. Voting for some other wagon that already had some traction would have been more effective, but maybe he didn't like any of the alternatives. So, not enough for me to vote for rivera today.

In any case we need to sort this ND/Chaqa mess.
I sort of agree. Its not damning in a sense that he is confirmed scum, but its noticeable and I think warrants a vote considering I don't have much to go on. The difference between you doing it and him doing it is that you found you way back to the Bob wagon. He cast shade on Bob and never voted him. I know rivera occassionaly misses EOD's but I won't allow that as an excuse.
He even (correctly...probably...) calls me out as town. Who knows, maybe he's even correct:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 am
Also, I think Bunny is town on a re-read. I like the loose play, and the thought process of searching for words without meaning. Seems genuine versus forced.

Spends a bunch of time discussion ND/Chaq (as we all did):
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm
Why are people yelling about the stupidity of voting Chaqa or ND without presenting thoughts/cases themselves?

And most of his analysis was short but on point (the opposite of e.m.c. for those of you reading along).

Then he allows himself to be distracted by this meaningless stuff from FlavorFlav:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 pm
I had no impressions?

I mean, I read the role before I read the game, so I wasn’t exactly focusing on what vapor said since I already knew my role. One less person to deduce.
Overall, my impression from Vapor continues: I townlean, and I like.
I really disagree with this post on a bunch of points:

1: Rdrivera's scum meta is to BUS. Bus hard, bus properly, and look good doing it (Tom knows this). That post of Rdrivera was actually the only one I thought looked good for Rdrivera. He had set himself up already to go back to voting bob if it became needed, but he never used it. Also the sentiment of Temasek based on tone resonated strongly with me, which is always good when Rdrivera is feeling similair thoughts to me.

2: Tom doesnt mind Xorxes becaus "he found his way back onto the wagon". He found his way back onto the wagon 1 minute before deadline, after 2 people shifted putting it on 6-4 with that little time to go. He knew bob was dead when he voted. This is exactly what scum would do, so I really dont know why Tom feels this looked good on Xorxes. This is not the critical thinking Town-Tom shows.

Vecna

#1422 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:01 am

ND wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 am
Based on what I did Night 1 I am like superman. Big true.

Anyway, look my day save is very powerful. I get the argument for keeping that around especially since I have it. I know in my hands I could potentially save lives as I have already demonstrated N1. As I have demonstrated many times in the past when I get these town protection type roles. But, unlike those games this role is gimped.

No fault to the GMs. It's an excellent setup GMs. Flavor is great and the roles are great. Jekyll is a very powerful day doctor and they balanced that with Hyde. It's unique, it fits the theme, I love it. Kudos. But, at the end of the day it is a gimped role and no fault to them. I doubt they designed the role to last very long anyway.

The role has the potential for a quick burst of effectiveness. When i maximized. It's dead weight now. Sure, the mafia can kill me. If they do, that means some PRs get their actions out. Some PRs get to live longer (or VTs). That's good. I'm glad. If they don't kill me then you guys have to do it.

Hyde is the ugly side to this role. Something I can't control. Something that no one can control. It's being played by someone outside the game. It's impossible to know who that person is or how they will play it. Keeping the role alive past D3 is not good for the town. Someone is going to die because of it, since numbers are on our side, odd's are it's going to be one of us. And my job is to save as many people as I can. In this case, the way to save people is for me to die. It's unfortunate, but it has to be done. The threat has to be eliminated. If I'm not lynched D3 then Hyde gets to kill again N5 by that point unless I somehow have miraculous luck (and/or haven't been murdered) and Watson is good our numbers are going to be greatly reduced. That puts us close to mylo or heck the game could be on the line and at that point it's basically GG.

I would be disappointed if I didn't get lynched because it would be a very risky move on the town's part not to remove my role as it is a threat despite the potential for great plays.
Were not killing you

Vecna

#1423 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:
##VOTE e.m.c.
I'm serious about this one. I want people joining this wagon. ARGUE WITH ME!!

But it's a much better wagon than the Chaqa one.
Even though I really like having EMC around, I cannot really disagree with you.

His play feels very much like 3p again to me.

About the Chaqa wagon.....meh. The fact he keeps harping "its pro-town to lynch me" just keeps me feeling like he wants to look towny.

Its a disgusting lynch, but I feel like it actually has to happen, but im not sure if its mainly because I couldnt live with myself if he actually gets away with this bullshit as scum.

Vecna

#1424 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:32 am

I voted him mainly for his D1 behavior surrounding the Bob wagon.
Yes, with no consideration for his claim, which suggests you thought his claim was fake.
Me thinks he had some outside information to work with? Maybe this is a low-key scum slip?
And then slimy posts like this while he full well knows already that this is exactly what Xorxes' is thinking/implying.

Vecna

#1425 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 am
Oh, one last thing:

Some scum leans of mine from day 1 that haven't been cleared up one way or the other (feel free to pick up my BunnyBaton (TM) and run with them)

1) PurpleCow -- I don't like him...I think he's scummy noob

2) FlavorFlav -- somethings up, but it is hard to post this much and hide. Still...take a look someone

3) Xorxes -- he's seeming better today, but yesterday was bad
Really not seeing what youre seeing with Flav. That dude oozes so much town.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1426 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:32 am

I have to agree with Bunny, Bozo and Vecna (which I think that are likely town) that lynching ND tomorrow is probably a bad idea. Having a doctor save that can't be roleblocked outweight the Hyde thing at least for now. If we have a terrible N2 (like losing the PRs that need to be saved) we can reconsider.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1427 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
##VOTE e.m.c.

About the Chaqa wagon.....meh. The fact he keeps harping "its pro-town to lynch me" just keeps me feeling like he wants to look towny.

Its a disgusting lynch, but I feel like it actually has to happen, but im not sure if its mainly because I couldnt live with myself if he actually gets away with this bullshit as scum.
Do you think emc is Jack? Isn't this a shot in the dark? I think he will be a lot more excited playing Jack role.

I am also torn on Chaqa. I think it's much more likely he is a VT then scum, but he will be a liability later.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1428 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:37 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 am
Oh, one last thing:

Some scum leans of mine from day 1 that haven't been cleared up one way or the other (feel free to pick up my BunnyBaton (TM) and run with them)

1) PurpleCow -- I don't like him...I think he's scummy noob

2) FlavorFlav -- somethings up, but it is hard to post this much and hide. Still...take a look someone

3) Xorxes -- he's seeming better today, but yesterday was bad
Really not seeing what youre seeing with Flav. That dude oozes so much town.
Agree. He is a pain in the ass, but looks really townie to me, exactly like last game.

damo666

#1429 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
How do you draw that conclusion, and why announce it?
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us
WHAT DOES PR MEAN?!
Particularly rabid

damo666

#1430 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am

Or precious rabbit

xorxes

#1431 Post by xorxes » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:53 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:32 am

In addition, with only a few days left to the game, can we really afford to waste a lynch ON A TOWNCLEAR?! I know we're going to have mislynches. We probably will have one today, but can we afford another tomorrow? I don't think so.
We won't know until we see what the next (up to) four flips are.
In summary, I will *not* be voting to lynch ND tomorrow. I hope none of you do either.
Why would you even want to make a decision about this before seeing the probably four flips we will have before having to make a decision?

Temasek22

#1432 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 am

I'm torn, I don't know who's the better lynch. But going with my gut, ##vote frost. He never appeared particularly towny to me.

I also agree with the sentiment to not lynch/lynch ND based on the next few flips.

Temasek22

#1433 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

Also, I wonder what the gambler's up to, hope she actually gets some cool powers

BionicMole

#1434 Post by BionicMole » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:29 am
BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:48 pm

This is what I mean, your literally an empty suit, you have nothing, your not committing to anything, do you see why it looks so slippery??
Get off his nuts man. What do you expect him to say about this? Do you want him to tell you what it is ffs? Why aren't you asking everyone else what their reactions are when they read their roll? Climb out of the rabbit hole
What are you trying to say here Bionic? Do you have an extremely strong townread on the Tom/Vapour slot? Why try and stop the grilling?
I don't have a read either way on the Tom/Vape slot, I spent the better part of my evening last night trying to catch up on 15 pages in between being dad/husband and most of the stuff was Flav filled inconsistent/contradictory mumbo jumbo. Tom answered the question and really, what was Flav expecting? For Tom to give away his roll? And saying he is a "nothing suit" for it makes me scum lean him, like I think I have already mentioned.

Vecna

#1435 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:03 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Do you think emc is Jack? Isn't this a shot in the dark? I think he will be a lot more excited playing Jack role.

I am also torn on Chaqa. I think it's much more likely he is a VT then scum, but he will be a liability later.
EMC doesnt get excited by playing those types of roles I think. Last time as third party he was also pretty timid, and the way he just only interacted with a few things (like meme'ing with my silly gimmick) just felt reminiscent of that.

Maybe im just sad he's not out to play

xorxes

#1436 Post by xorxes » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am

BunnyGo wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am
How do you draw that conclusion, and why announce it?
Most of the PR's are anti-town and people who are actually looking(mafia) already saw it, so there's literally no reason NOT to bring it up, more information the better for us
WHAT DOES PR MEAN?!
Power Role, so not VT (Vanilla Town).

Usually refers to town Power Roles only.

Vecna

#1437 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:11 am

BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:01 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:29 am
BionicMole wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 am

Get off his nuts man. What do you expect him to say about this? Do you want him to tell you what it is ffs? Why aren't you asking everyone else what their reactions are when they read their roll? Climb out of the rabbit hole
What are you trying to say here Bionic? Do you have an extremely strong townread on the Tom/Vapour slot? Why try and stop the grilling?
I don't have a read either way on the Tom/Vape slot, I spent the better part of my evening last night trying to catch up on 15 pages in between being dad/husband and most of the stuff was Flav filled inconsistent/contradictory mumbo jumbo. Tom answered the question and really, what was Flav expecting? For Tom to give away his roll? And saying he is a "nothing suit" for it makes me scum lean him, like I think I have already mentioned.
Ok. I think you interpreted what happened there incorrectly, but ok. Notice taken.

Vecna

#1438 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:11 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am
BunnyGo wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

WHAT DOES PR MEAN?!
Power Role, so not VT (Vanilla Town).

Usually refers to town Power Roles only.
Xorxes, come out to play with me. I have some questions for you.

Vecna

#1439 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:12 am

So what extra information did you think I couldve had to vote Chaqa there?

damo666

#1440 Post by damo666 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am

Can we please leave discussion regarding the merits and demerits of lynching ND D3 until D3 when we have more data please.

I think it's daft lynching Chaqa today when he is more likely vt than scum. Perhaps he could be scanned (or is that a waste?).

@ND I know I said I would sheep you but with the frost wagon gaining traction I'll stick there.

@Bunny what you got against Frost wagon?

@Chaqa join us on frost