MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1121 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:05 am

frostwind wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:59 pm
I have a feeling that Bob's teammates were not around at EoD. The last minute way things happened also make me think ComputerGenius/TomBomb is on the OTHER mafia team from Bob, with his teammates being amongst the cadre that lynched Bob (EMC, Damo, Xorx, purple).

I still think Vapor/new Vapor may be Jack.

Dargo I’m still suspicious of too.
Agree with most of the analysis. Bob, as far as I saw, didn't have many people defending him near the end of the day, probably meaning his teammates were AWOL. I'm also interested in people like ItsHosuke, who've been posting without much substance. I understand I might be guilty of similar incidences, and I apologize: as a newbie and just another random townie, this game takes some getting used to.

To be fair, being an ordinary town member makes it less of a sacrifice to have me lynched, and since this is a great start for town, I doubt I'll be missed much. So if that's what you guys want, you guys can have it.
Why would he have "many people"?

At max two could be defending him with added knowledge

Vecna

#1122 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:10 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 pm
LOL

I can’t say for sure how many, but I absorbed at least one attack with my self-save. This is a great game.
And Vecna wants to lynch you...
So you do believe his claim?

Vecna

#1123 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:15 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:01 am
I was ROLEBLOCKED and TARGETED for NK

I ATE BOTH OF THOSE BECAUSE I AM A LITERAL GOD. Bow before me.
This.....seems mechanically impossible?

The roleblock has priority over a docsave and if you were commuting you wouldnt be targetable so not roleblockable.

Unless youre claiming someone actually docsaved you which seems even more unlikely

Vecna

#1124 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:26 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:23 am
Anyway, now that my amusement is over may as well do this. Chaqa is lying 100% I day targeted myself and deliberately softed so many crumbs to act as a lightning rod. My role is a detriment. I didn't intend to live long and wanted to take as much heat and potentially mitigate as many night actions onto myself as I could night 1
Hyde would not target you unless he wanted to withhold his NK, so even if both scum teams targeted you, Hyde's kill must have been blocked by another method.
Hyde DID NOT kill last night. In my message I was told I was RB, NK targeted, and that Hyde didn't kill anyone.
So this explains away two of the kills. It would be hilarious if both scum targeted you.

I definitely wouldve tried killing you if I were scum just to rid the game of that D1 obnoxiousness. At least it served a purpose

Vecna

#1125 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 am
lol, ##Vote ND

I don't believe any of this, and tbh I think getting rid of him as a policy lynch due to his awfulness is worth it.
Agreed. I was going to vote for him when I saw nobody died: any of the scum teams should have gone for him. And our healers we're taken (maybe one saved him? maybe not). I think his team got unlucky targeting whoever. I also think most of his posts yesterday were saying little, but doing it loudly. Whenever asked to stake out an actual read, he deflected.

All that said: ##VOTE ND.
This.....seems really weird?

You were really liking ND's shit yesterday

Vecna

#1126 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 am
ND wrote:
Anyway, now that my amusement is over may as well do this. Chaqa is lying 100% I day targeted myself and deliberately softed so many crumbs to act as a lightning rod. My role is a detriment. I didn't intend to live long and wanted to take as much heat and potentially mitigate as many night actions onto myself as I could night 1
##Unvote

This is getting interesting now...
Ah ok, also catching up

Vecna

#1127 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:33 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?

ND is full of crap.
What makes you think Hyde is even reading the game?

Vecna

#1128 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:37 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:31 am

Chaqa's claim mostly I suppose.
In the scenario where ND is Jekyll, Chaqa's hardclaim makes little sense.
In the scenario where Chaqa is Jekyll, ND's claim makes even less sense.

I'm not sure why you believe Chaqa's more than ND's unless you think ND is completely bonkers.
I don't believe one more than the other. I'm completely baffled by whoever is lying.
Pretty sure xorxes and Chaqa are on team moriarty together.

Vecna

#1129 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:37 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?

ND is full of crap.
I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
Wait, what the hell?

Didnt you claim you were roleblocked? Did you just slip up on your own shit?

Vecna

#1130 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:39 am

Call GM: if the person playing the town version of J&H is roleblocked, would this also stop the evil part of the J&H from killing that night?

Vecna

#1131 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:49 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am
fwiw, I think I believe ND over Chaqa. Though still working through any motivation Chaqa would have to do so.
Sigh...ND is more convincing at the moment. And Chaqa was a lousy "townclear leader" in D1 but I cannot conceive of why anyone would falseclaim Jeckyl.

I can conceive of why someone would false CC Jeckyl.
By giving up their NK/RB and most likely getting shot in the face the next night? Seems highly unlikely, even for ND

Jamiet99uk

#1132 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:39 am
Call GM: if the person playing the town version of J&H is roleblocked, would this also stop the evil part of the J&H from killing that night?
GM NOTE

Worcej answered this earlier. The answer is YES. Hyde and Jekyll inhabit the same body, therefore a Roleblock on Jekyll would also Roleblock Mister Hyde.

Vecna

#1133 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:45 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:53 am
There is a remote, outside, insane alternative that Chaqa is Jack. Maybe his whole "I am Jekyll" claim D1 was an attempt to signal to the outside controller as the controller would know that he was in fact not Jekyll/Hyde. The controller knows that I am Jekyll thus that would act as a signal to that controller. As the game progressed, Chaqa could drop the ruse and claim he was lying. And Jack/hyde can win together.

I don't know, it's pretty crazy and that isn't meant as an insult to your gambit if that is indeed what you did Chaqa, but you would have to have known that the real Jekyll wouldn't allow for ongoing deaths every odd night. I don't think you would do this as Jack; I don't know who would do this. That leaves the only option as you being a mafia role who set yourself up to try to take out the day doctor.

I guess you thought it was a decent trade at first. You didn't count on someone actually using the role to mitigate your team and potentially the other team so well I reckon. :D

So now you are caught in a situation where your team failed to impact any status quo change N1 and your claim failed. Thus, basically your entire gambit is ruined and with it potentially your team's chance at success.
Why am I getting the feeling that something else is going on

Vecna

#1134 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:39 am
GM NOTE

Worcej answered this earlier. The answer is YES. Hyde and Jekyll inhabit the same body, therefore a Roleblock on Jekyll would also Roleblock Mister Hyde.
So ND just slipped in that post I quoted before.....unless he somehow wasnt aware of that and didnt ask.

Which seems pretty unlikely as well.

Tundundun, the plot thickens

Vecna

#1135 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:51 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:04 am
I also want to point out that ND's claim is:
1. I'm lying about my role
2. Mafia Team 1 AND 2 decided to kill him, MEANWHILE:
3. Mafia Team 2 decided to ROLEBLOCK him

He is AWFULLY full of himself.
The alternative you would us have believe is.....what exactly?

Because if your claim is true, and mafia also tried to kill you, the known doctor, why would they just not have strongmanned you?

Vecna

#1136 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57 am
I can't fathom why you're now trying to get me lynched unless you're mafia, but I don't know why either mafia team would take a 1-for-1 against Jekyll.
That's what's so baffling. Town was quite ready to lynch Jekyll soon enough, so why is one of you sacrificing yourself to lynch someone that was probably going to be an easy lynch anyway?
To be fair though, this will never happen.

These mafia games tend to resolve, always, in such a way that town will never take a day off to lynch one of their own for "the greater good".

Much more fun to let the maniac run loose killing shit and letting the baddies deal with that problem.

Vecna

#1137 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 am

CmdrLikely wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:44 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:58 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:36 am
Anyway, I got some calls I got to make. Read my posts above please.

At the end of the day with the damage i have done to the mafia teams? by mitigating them and the damage we did as a town to them D1 it hardly matters what happens here. Either me or Chaqa.

Scenario 1: if chaqa goes first we get a scum and I can use my day save on someone I read well. Then I should be lynched 100% D3 my role is harmful and needs to be removed to remove that odd numbered night kill potential. As sucky as that is to say I need to die D3 if I don't today.

or

Scenario 2: If i go first we lose the day doctor/sometimes 3p. Then Chaqa is going to be immediately end voted and killed D3. A scum is dead. Even if you think I am mafia and Chaqa is telling the truth and I am lying the same rule as above should apply (scenario 1) In that alternative universe he still needs to be killed.

That's the situation we are in. Believe me or Chaqa. I really don't care honestly I feel like I've already done enough by mitigating them and with our success D1 it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. We lose a day save n2 if i get lynched today. That's it. If the mafia are playing optimally they won't nk me because I am a free lynch D3 to get rid of Jekyll.

It's not like it's the end of the world. The game is winnable. I would advise end voting me or Chaqa to get this over with so the regular game can continue. I hate CC situations.
The odd thing is, I've reached the same conclusion as ND. I'm quite dumbfounded about why he's doing this, but we'll have to lynch one of us to sort it out.
Chaqa, if you agree with ND's conclusion then it doesn't matter who's lying.
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 am
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:22 am
I could see this being in either of these two game styles. ND seems more articulate about it, and we'll thought out. Which might make him more likely the liar... Or more likely to have thought about it in reaction to a fake claim.

But Chaqa reminded me about my terrible fake claim. So for now:
##VOTE CHAQA
I think you of all people know how little I usually think things through. ND on the other hand is clearly and explicitly a schemer. Should be clear who is telling the truth.

P.S. your fake claim was pretty awful.
I don't see why we need to ruffle our feathers figuring out these two. We lynch one, see what happens then lynch the other.
So you intend to mislynch first? That seems a bit suboptimal

Vecna

#1138 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:28 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 am
I'm confused. I don't understand why someone would fakeclaim Jekyll.
I think their both mafia, and freaked out after their leader died, but maybe its different mafia, I dont really know, what I do know though is that Hyde wins with mafia, they would want to keep him a live, this is ridiciulous that they would target the doctor, these plebs are both lying guranteed
Hyde does not win with mafia

Vecna

#1139 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:35 am
purplecow wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:01 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:58 pm
You mafia bastards really thought it would be that easy?

Come on now. I am a LITERAL GOD BITCHES
ND wrote:
Well ND has completely changed.
Also Vecna was making a bit more sense in the night posts.
I told you, ND isn't like this, I even said it and no one listened(mafia probably did) that ND was WAYYYY too over the top here, he wasnt acting like himself not one bit...and now I forget whoever said this is normal ND, either doesnt actually know who ND is, or is a bad faith actor :?
Darling, you are a sweet summer child.

You have played ~3 games with ND. That other person has probably played >20 games with ND. Its like a rotating reel of miniature houses of horror.

BunnyGo

#1140 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:27 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 am
lol, ##Vote ND

I don't believe any of this, and tbh I think getting rid of him as a policy lynch due to his awfulness is worth it.
Agreed. I was going to vote for him when I saw nobody died: any of the scum teams should have gone for him. And our healers we're taken (maybe one saved him? maybe not). I think his team got unlucky targeting whoever. I also think most of his posts yesterday were saying little, but doing it loudly. Whenever asked to stake out an actual read, he deflected.

All that said: ##VOTE ND.
This.....seems really weird?

You were really liking ND's shit yesterday
Yes, and I expected him to die for it.